• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Montresor

Thanks Banjo :p

Ive been playing The Swapper and Beach Buggy Racing this week too. The Swapper seems pretty cool, I like it, feels like a 2D more puzzle based Lifeless Planet with a setting that is just as interesting and the stories are told in a somewhat similar way.

I just beat my first playthrough of Lifeless Planet. Loved it. The description above makes The Swapper an instant purchase, gosh damn.

Surprised to see The Swapper on the store earlier, talk about a stealth release.

I highly recommend it to anyone who loves puzzle games, it really is fantastic and gets pretty damn challenging after a while too, but not frustratingly so.

Montresor

Surprised to see The Swapper on the store earlier, talk about a stealth release.

I highly recommend it to anyone who loves puzzle games, it really is fantastic and gets pretty damn challenging after a while too, but not frustratingly so.

Very very nice to see. XB1 is shaping up to have quite a nice puzzle game library. Here's what I own so far:

Max: Curse of Brotherhood: 4.5/5 (love it)
Valiant Hearts: 4/5 (really like it)
Contrast: 3/5 (like it)
Stick It To The Man: 4/5 (really like it)
D4: 5/5 (really love it)
Flockers: 4/5 (really like it)
Never Alone: 4/5 (really like it)
Limbo: 5/5 (really love it)
Thomas Was Alone: 5/5 (really love it)
White Night: 5/5 (really love it)
Sherlock Holmes Crimes & Punishments: 4/5 (really like it)
Lara Croft Temple of Osiris: 4/5 so far, I'm halfway through the game
Kalimba; 4/5 (really like it)
Unmechanical: 4/5 (really like it)
Schrodinger's Cat: I'm at the beginning, can't rate it yet, but it seems decent so far
Lifeless Planet: 4/5 (really like it)

I believe the only ones I haven't played yet so far are Pneumia, The Swapper, and Nero. I'm DEFINITELY going to buy Pneumia and The Swapper at some point, but I'm skipping out on Nero based off impressions in here.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Very very nice to see. XB1 is shaping up to have quite a nice puzzle game library. Here's what I own so far:

Max: Curse of Brotherhood: 4.5/5 (love it)
Valiant Hearts: 4/5 (really like it)
Contrast: 3/5 (like it)
Stick It To The Man: 4/5 (really like it)
D4: 5/5 (really love it)
Flockers: 4/5 (really like it)
Never Alone: 4/5 (really like it)
Limbo: 5/5 (really love it)
Thomas Was Alone: 5/5 (really love it)
White Night: 5/5 (really love it)
Sherlock Holmes Crimes & Punishments: 4/5 (really like it)
Lara Croft Temple of Osiris: 4/5 so far, I'm halfway through the game
Kalimba; 4/5 (really like it)
Unmechanical: 4/5 (really like it)
Schrodinger's Cat: I'm at the beginning, can't rate it yet, but it seems decent so far
Lifeless Planet: 4/5 (really like it)

I believe the only ones I haven't played yet so far are Pneumia, The Swapper, and Nero. I'm DEFINITELY going to buy Pneumia and The Swapper at some point, but I'm skipping out on Nero based off impressions in here.
Nero is shit.

Chitown B

Probably comes with a bitchin' pre-order bonus or something. Another beta... MS are ahead of the curve on pre-loading but well behind on pre-orders, so makes sense to rectify that.

no I mean why pre-order in June? You could always preorder in October and by then you'd know something more about it and it would be gold.

no I mean why pre-order in June? You could always preorder in October and by then you'd know something more about it and it would be gold.

Well, as I said, if there was a reason to pre-order like... access to another beta or a free thing for download (Spartan Strike Xbox One?) then that would be why.

Yeah. I don't think there's a lot of incentive.

A potential exception is that Xbox Rewards credits pre-orders as purchases. So if, for instance, you're $60 short of a milestone, you could pre-order a game early in order to hit it within the necessary time frame.

theDeeDubs

Putting up Halo for preorder is pretty smart. They should get quite a few sales from people impulse preordering during/after their conference.

Bsigg12

I do wish they would allow for anyone to preload a game even without a preorder.

They do allow for some games to be preordered ahead of going gold, BLOPS3 is currently available to be purchased digitally because of the beta.

Chitown B

I do wish they would allow for anyone to preload a game even without a preorder.

They do allow for some games to be preordered ahead of going gold, BLOPS3 is currently available to be purchased digitally because of the beta.

that makes no sense. why download 30GB and then not buy it?

Bsigg12

that makes no sense. why download 30GB and then not buy it?

Physical copies. Having the game preloaded so you can just pop the disc in and go would be nice. It would apply to games you intend on purchasing ad well so you don't have to sit through the install and update download/install.

Chitown B

Would be useful for people that prefer to own physical copies of their games. That way they can put the disc in and play when they get it instead of waiting for the install.

Meh.

Physical copies. Having the game preloaded so you can just pop the disc in and go would be nice. It would apply to games you intend on purchasing ad well so you don't have to sit through the install and update download/install.

Does that even work at this time? Seems like more of a hassle for MS to code this way so that a game can be downloaded gamertag-agnostic.

Alx

That's a lot to ask for. Bandwidth isn't free, and I'm not sure they'd want to let anybody get those big files without being confident they're going to pay for it.

Rembrandt

Banned
Finally playing SO thanks to that trial (missed the 24 hour one) and it's so much fun. I'm going to have to pick it up soon. It took a little minute to get into the flow of things, but once you do it meshes pretty well. I'm learning the perfect time to hit those boosts, lol. Ammo seems to be in short supply which was unexpected and kinda weird, tbh. Also that gun that shoots vinyls seems incredibly weak. The stun amp made it a little better, but it's like my last resort. At least it shoots fast. ALSO WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME THAT THE SNAKESKIN JACKET COMES WITH AN ACTUAL PYTHON

Not sure if this is the right place but I got an email about participating in a playtest study for an unreleased title on June 12th-14th from Microsoft. Had to take a survey that had questions about E3 also.

That seems big. I wonder what it is.

Doukou

Not sure if this is the right place but I got an email about participating in a playtest study for an unreleased title on June 12th-14th from Microsoft. Had to take a survey that had questions about E3 also.

Also just noticed that Pnemua is on sale for 10 dollars. I was interested at launch but got turned away by the negative impressions and engine troubles. Any word of if they patched that?

Vert boil

Spectra has a date, 10th July.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-lk992zhA0

and Tetris Ultimate is getting some dlc today (it isn't up yet and a patch),

The Challenge Pack contains three new modes that can be played solo or with friends for even more exciting ways to test one’s resilience:

• Time’s Up – With only 30 seconds to spare, race against the clock and get rewarded with extra time when lines are cleared.
• Landslide – The speed and amount of blocks increase as the game levels-up, and carefully organised stacks are jeopardized when random Tetriminos appear in your Matrix every 10 turns.
• Haunted – In this intense mode, the Tetriminos at the bottom of the Matrix become invisible as the game levels-up.

I gotta say... Massive Chalice got me by surprise. Very simple but addictive game.. daaamn...

Agreed. It's a really fun game but I wouldn't exactly say that it's simple. There are some very cool systems in place that if you aren't aware of, you'll totally crash and burn.

The overworld strategy can catch you off-guard if you don't know what your doing. Knowing to snuff out heart disease early in a game, for instance, is a hard learned lesson.

Vert boil

They are running a Project Spark promo, Summer of Spark.

http://forums.projectspark.com/yaf_...-Conker-and-Double-XP-Weekend.aspx#post215639

Two summers ago, at E3 2013, Microsoft revealed Project Spark to the world. Its idea, vision and tools have inspired millions of creators. These creators have spent over 22 million hours in Project Spark, making 72 million custom brains, 21 million custom environments and 4 million Custom Objects. To say thanks, we want to give the community a lot to celebrate with. That’s why we’re kicking off our Summer of Spark with Double XP and Conker’s Big Reunion Episode 1 virtually for free!

The summer event starts this Friday, June 12 at 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. GMT) and continues through to Monday, June 15 at 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. GMT).

Here is what you’ll be able to get in Project Spark during that timeframe:

• Conker’s Big Reunion Episode 1 available in the Project Spark Marketplace for 1 credit (you get 75 credits just for logging into Project Spark!)
  • 2x XP on all challenges and activities
  • 2x Credits on all challenges and activities
  • If you have Spark Premium, you'll get 4x XP & Credits

And some new dlc, Dungeon Descent Pack will be available tomorrow.

So now that E3 is rapidly approaching, where the heck is Cuphead? It debuted gameplay at E3 last year -- I'm sure it will be there in some form this year, right? Maybe a "now available" release?
Please god I just want to play that game so badly.

kevin1025

Banned
So now that E3 is rapidly approaching, where the heck is Cuphead? It debuted gameplay at E3 last year -- I'm sure it will be there in some form this year, right? Maybe a "now available" release?
Please god I just want to play that game so badly.

It's scheduled for 2015, so we'll more than likely see it during the ID@XBOX segment!

Montresor

Any thoughts on Pneuma at £8?

Pneuma is quite nice so far. I'm very pleased with the sale price ($10 Canadian). The game is gorgeous. There are occasional frame rate hiccups but they seem rare and aside from that, the game has a lush, vibrant, shiny art style to it.

The story and game play are both unique - I've never seen something quite like this in a game before. For the story - you play as some "being" that pops into existence. Is he a god? Is he a regular person? I don't know. But it's very neat to hear the "being" argue/negotiate/rationalize with himself and solve puzzles or come up with ideas out loud, talking to himself the whole game. The puzzle mechanics are interesting too. The game is first-person and a big part of the puzzle game play involves line of sight - to solve puzzles you routinely need to leverage line of sight, i.e. sometimes you can only open a door if you are looking away from some particular corner in a room.

It's short. With one more evening of play I'll easily have the 1000 gamerscore. But it's refreshing to play such a unique puzzle game.

Strengths: Shiny art style, unique "line of sight" first-person puzzles, and thought-provoking monologues from a being that may or may not be a god

Weaknesses: the game is short and there are very rare frame rate issues

I say it's a must-buy at the sale price if you're a fan of puzzle games.

Top Bottom