• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Doukou

So I turned on my Xbox today and KI Season 2 was on the downloading list. Why? I never bought it (only season 1).

Season 2 changes the base game and adds a few stuff to it. You don't need to season 2 for the new shadow mode for example.
Not to mention you would need Season 2 update to play online against who do own those characters.

Bsigg12

So Massive Chalice is pretty awesome. The idea of maintaining bloodlines to keep a particular class along with a family relic is pretty interesting. There are so many mechanics in the game that it was a little overwhelming at first but I'm getting a hold of it.

The enemies that age your heroes are vicious though. I had one woman die of old age on the battlefield after getting her 3 times by wrinklers.

As a side note, in Rogue Legacy, I finally managed to beat Neo Khdir. Yea that eyeball sucks.

Vert boil

Released today,

massive7zonf.png

Massive Chalice - 20$ (GwG for June), 961MB.

Montresor

Nooooooo! I missed the F1 2013 download. That's the first ever game whose license I did not grab so far during the GWG run... Lolz, it's a game I never plan on playing but I've enjoyed accumulating those licenses.

I'm enjoying Lifeless Planet a lot. But it is really unpolished. The visuals are charming but rough, with awful frame rate. And there seems to be a bug that mutes any voice-acted dialogue if you pause the game or hit the Xbox Home button during dialogue. Other than that I am really enjoying the game's relaxing atmosphere.

statham

Pool Nation got a patch recently, no idea whats inside it, but I played it for 30 minutes and it felt much better then what I remember at launch, ball physics felt better, imo.

Pool Nation got a patch recently, no idea whats inside it, but I played it for 30 minutes and it felt much better then what I remember at launch, ball physics felt better, imo.

Here are the patch notes.

◦New Online Leagues
◦New Online Leaderboards
◦New Online room with characters to add atmosphere to the venues as requested, and also to speed up load times online.
◦New Baize colour picker in Artistic Pool, so you can now change the table colour, add particle effects and more
◦And of course General Bug Fixes
◦Improved table lighting
◦Sounds/music normalised throughout the game

Found on the idatxbox.com site, this quote also made me chuckle though.

http://www.idatxbox.com/2015/06/01/cherry-pop-games-announces-new-free-content-for-pool-nation-fx/

To celebrate a record number of months in Games with Gold, and as promised there is another update waiting in the wings for Pool Nation FX on Xbox One, which includes a NEW ONLINE mode, in the form of Multiplayer Online Leagues.

statham

Here are the patch notes.

Found on the idatxbox.com site, this quote also made me chuckle though.

http://www.idatxbox.com/2015/06/01/cherry-pop-games-announces-new-free-content-for-pool-nation-fx/

had to look it up, on 5/09 they had another patch that added
The frame rate is now 60fps and the issue with the ball speed stopping to quickly has also been addressed
http://www.poolnationfx.com/news/update-now-live-patch-log-info-here
thats probably why I think it felt better.
Still prefer Pure Pool tho.

I reviewed Sparkle Unleashed for my site, i'll spare you the link but basically its a good price, I enjoyed it. If you like Zuma or Luxor i'd definitely get it for $8 - 20% for Gold (if you have it).

The only problem I really had with it is that there are an awful lot of levels, 108! A lot of the early ones aren't too exciting and towards the end when you have all the upgrades and other little things it adds like rocks and other colours its very fun.

Getting all the achievements will require playing through 324 levels of story alone, which is quite a lot! But its fun, easy to play and perfect for short and long play sessions

Thanks Banjo :p

Ive been playing The Swapper and Beach Buggy Racing this week too. The Swapper seems pretty cool, I like it, feels like a 2D more puzzle based Lifeless Planet with a setting that is just as interesting and the stories are told in a somewhat similar way.

BBR is taking me a long time, has a ton of content too, multiplayer stuff will be cool, long career mode plus championships and daily challenges too

Is Massive Chalice as dull as it looks?

I just beat Mega Coin Squad for the last time. Now I've done so with all characters, under 30 minutes (barely) and with all gems. Screw the no retries attempt, because something always goes wrong.

It's a pretty fun game, but can be frustrating.

Also:

Sparkle Unlimited is pretty good from what I've played. I'm not big into puzzle games, but I received both versions and figured I'd give it a shot for something different to play. It's a lot like Zuma so far, but pretty well-made.

Spy Chameleon, I started today, and it's quite impressive. I like the look of it a lot, and think the ideas behind it are really smart. So far, it's a steal for $5.

Beach Buggy Racing is a pretty good kart racer, but nothing to write home about or shout about from the top of a mountain. It's got a lot of content and is fun, but does get repetitive and is best for short bursts. The catch-up AI is pretty ridiculous/frustrating, though.

Alx

So many smaller games release with a special price for Gold, is it a new rule ? Because that's great. :)

Batman Arkham Knight standard and premium editions have gone up for pre-order/pre-load.

44.98GB file size.

Premium Edition, with additional gold 10% discount.
https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-O...-Edition/d8efed2a-f81a-4941-9bf6-64b7bcc65457

Standard Edition - comes with Harley Quinn Story Pack.
https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-O...Preorder/215651c2-bfa3-44da-a4df-104e05cf1d52

£55 for standard, lol

Wow the premium edition doesn't have red hood included with it, just the harley preorder bonus, season pass and a skin.

Doffen

Bsigg12

Just got the Sygenesophobia achievement in Rogue Legacy. Man, does it feel good to have that done. I think this may be one if the few games I 100%.

Still trying to get the Thanatophobia on rogue legacy, that's a tough one to crack.
Well done on the Sygenesophobia achievement that boss is a tough one.

Lichdom Battlemage and Unepic coming to Xbox One. Lichdom this holiday, no date for Unepic.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n20326/lichdom-battlemage-is-coming-to-consoles.htm

http://www.trueachievements.com/n20327/unepic-coming-to-xbox-one-four-years-after-debut.htm

There was enough new releases to spread them out of they wanted to cover next week. I would imagine that the space is done intentionally for E3.

Well, developers set the release dates for their games. Microsoft has no control over that anymore.

I thought BO3 was a special case, but I guess not.

With BO3, the pre-order download is only 106 MB, so a placeholder I guess.

The reason I pre-ordered was because of the $200 Xbox Rewards promotion, but I can't see myself pre-ordering digital games this far out regularly.

Top Bottom