• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Just finished Pneuma and it's an okay game.

The visuals and music are great. It's a very pretty game. The puzzles can be hit or miss. There are some generally great ones, some very simple ones and some very ambiguous/frustrating ones as is the case with a lot of puzzle games like this. The narrative is so-so. It's not all that compelling but it's not terrible either. I found it to be somewhat interesting at first but as the game went on I just became really indifferent to it.

The biggest negative is the length. I finished it and got all the achievements in less than 3 hours. How they thought selling this for $20 was reasonable I'll never know. Even a $10 asking price is a bit high for the amount of content. If you really enjoy puzzle games like this and/or just want to take in the sights and sounds of a very pretty game then maybe it's worth the $10. Just don't expect it to take up any more than a few hours of your time as there isn't really much replayability to be had once you finish it.

Vert boil

Released today,

Project Spark
--Dungeon Descent - 10$ or 1000 Tokens (40000 credits with Premium)

The Golf Club
--Collector's Edition - 10$

Also some new bundles,

Child of Light Ultimate Edition - 22.50$

Zen Studios CastleStorm Super Bundle - 15$
(CastleStorm and the pinball table)

----------
The Summer of Spark promo has started for Project Spark.

The summer event starts this Friday, June 12 at 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. GMT) and continues through to Monday, June 15 at 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. GMT).

Here is what you’ll be able to get in Project Spark during that timeframe:

• Conker’s Big Reunion Episode 1 available in the Project Spark Marketplace for 1 credit (you get 75 credits just for logging into Project Spark!)
  • 2x XP on all challenges and activities
  • 2x Credits on all challenges and activities
  • If you have Spark Premium, you'll get 4x XP & Credits

pacman85

Sweet, I'm going to have to pick this up!

Conker’s Big Reunion Episode 1 available in the Project Spark Marketplace for 1 credit (you get 75 credits just for logging into Project Spark!)

Montresor

I just finished Pneuma - anyone who is a puzzle game fan has to get this game asap, before the sale goes away.

I feel euphoric after experiencing the epilogue. The strengths and weaknesses I talked about in my previous post still hold up, but I'm seeing this game in an entirely new light after just completing the game. I already mentioned in a previous post that in the beginning of the game, the main character pops into existence, and he may be a god, he may not be a god, you're unsure, and the character himself sounds unsure - it is neat to hear him talk with himself constantly, trying to rationalize what he's observing, arguing with himself, etc... Once the game's final mystery unfolds and you realize exactly what's going on, it becomes truly special.

It helps tremendously that 1) The game's music is very soothing, atmospheric, and 2) The game's visuals are beautiful - there are some rare and minor frame rate issues but the game is shiny, glossy, and full of eye candy, and 3) The puzzles are quite satisfying to get through - not too hard, and not too easy.

Items #1-#3 are great, but good gosh, the story in this game (its conclusion especially) is what is really making me feel this euphoric rush... I'm happy I played this game - this is a must-purchase easily for people who love these indie-style puzzle games.

I just finished Pneuma - anyone who is a puzzle game fan has to get this game asap, before the sale goes away.

Almost just bought this solely on your recommendation, but backed away at the last second - surely a prime GWG candidate? Or certainly a regular sale contender. Does sound good though!

Montresor

Schrodinger's Cat is just awful. I wish I didn't buy it. I'm locked in though and my habits are going to compel me to stick to the game until I get 1000/1000.

I don't understand the level structure in the game at all. The first few "levels" had me working with an almost infinite amount of quarks. I could perform whatever combos I wanted, backtrack to re-acquire spent quarks, and take my time to find all the loose collectibles (gluons especially - I'm not sure how to collect the other particles yet).

But now I'm playing these series of levels where you have to spend quarks very wisely, and you can easily get stuck in unsolvable situations with not enough quarks to complete a puzzle - at which point you have to kill yourself or restart the zone.

I don't necessarily have anything against levels where you have to spend quarks wisely - but it's so jarring to suddenly have that kind of mechanic thrust upon you - the game makes no announcement saying "Hey, the game mechanics are changing now! You can't spend quarks freely anymore!"

I was initially hooked in because I loved the cute premise of the story - you play as Schrodinger's cat and there are all sorts of different physics references. But it's getting boring now.

I'm not a big fan of puzzles in video games, but Pneuma has intrigued me. I'm not willing to pay ten dollars for it, though. Maybe a few dollars.

Vert boil

This is in no way comprehensive,

9th,
Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse announced.
Neonchrome announced.
Sword Coast Legends coming Sept 8th.

10th,
Adr1ft should be out in Sept. Trailer.
Brothers: A tale of Two Sons announced.
Toy Soldiers: War Chest had some new things announced.

11th,
Battle Island and Gems of War coming from 505 games. Should be F2P.
Bedlam announced. Coming August 13th.
Pumped BMX + announced.
Shadow Warrior 2 announced.

12th,
World of Tanks store page appears.

13th,
Quiplash is coming June 30th.

15th,
Titanfall is now in the EA Access vault.

E3 indie trailers,

The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Games Mini-Series announced. Three episode dlc for Season 2.

[Presser]

Backwards compatibility with 360 games announced. 100 should be available by the end of the year. Preview members get access to it early.

EA Access free for gold members this week. Play Peggle 2 for free. :D

ID@Xbox Montage
Cuphead, Beyond Eyes, Rise and Shine, Gemini, Below, The Flame in the Flood, Ashen, The Solus Project, Westerado: Double Barreled, Happy Dungeons, Recruits, Castle Crashers Remastered, Tacoma, Full Mojo Rampage, Zheros, Sword Coast Legends, Goat Simulater: MMOre Goat Edition, Game 4, Phantasmal: City of Darkness, Warhammer: The End Times: Vermintide, Outward, Sheltered, ARK: Survival Evolved, Dovetail Games Fishing, Spacedust Racers, The Mean Greens: Plastic Warfare, The Long Dark, SuperHot.

Tacoma (Gone Home dev), Ashen, Beyond Eyes, Cuphead shown on stage.

Xbox Game preview announced (Early access). The Long Dark, Shelter, Elite Dangerous, and DayZ. Elite and The Long Dark will be available today.
Ion announced, coming to Preview program later.

Rare Replay. 30 games for 30$. :D

Gears of War 1 beta available this week.
[/presser]

No Time To Explain will be coming out July 17th.

Unravel announced at the EA presser. http://www.unravelgame.com/

Amazing Princess Sarah was announced.

RoKKeR

Currently downloading The Long Dark and Elite Dangerous via Xbox Preview, seems like a pretty neat system though I'm not sure entirely how it works.

Vert boil

Released today,

elited2rw7.png
longdarkwjrex.png

Elite: Dangerous (Game Preview) - 31$, 4.7GB.

The Long Dark (Game Preview) - 20$, 2.09GB.

(Early access games have a free trial)

Also,

Guacamelee! STCE
--'Frenemies' Character Pack - 3$

Vert boil

Are early access games available for everyone?

Yep.
Probably worth putting in a few caveats. Multiplayer stuff will still require gold and since the games are in early access, not all languages (and potentially regions) will be supported.

The backwards compatibility stuff is only available to preview members atm.

Montresor

Vert boil

Not seeing it. And the link you provided points to an error page (for me anyway).

Then it must be that Norwegian (if you are currently in Norway) isn't a supported language (region).

You can test by temp switching to the UK on xbox.com (switch back to nb-no with this one. If you are in another country use this one.) then go to the links above, or do it on your console.

If you can see them then the only thing stopping you from buying/trying them is a personal choice not to use other regions.

Heads up: You can download and play your xbla games on the Xbox Ones right now (of you are a preview member). They appeared in my download history on the console.

Chitown B

Heads up: You can download and play your xbla games on the Xbox Ones right now (of you are a preview member). They appeared in my download history on the console.

Also heads up - there are very few available now.

I downloaded Super Meat Boy and it's kinda neat - the game launches, then the 360 startup screen loads like it's emulating a whole 360. But then goes into the game, and pops up your friend online count in the old 360 style toast.

Montresor

I always said to myself that the preview program was for chumps. Why should I beta test something for free when I can run into unwanted OS bugs and crashes?

But when I get home tonight I absolutely have to run Super Meat Boy on my XB1 and record the Hospital world music in a video. I've used the Upload app to collect my favourite cutscenes and game play moments this gen and I want to add SMB to that list. I'll beg for an invite in that thread.

I'll be on the ground today at the ID@Xbox booth. I have appointments with Strike Vector EX and The Solus Project but will likely be mingling around before and after. I'll try and post impressions as time allows.

Top Bottom