• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

GunWorld is out 190mb - $1.99, doesn't appear to have released outside of NA

For those into that sort of thing it has two 34 gamerscore achievements and two 1 gamerscore achievements

Alx

Finally!

... why do I care about this so much!?

I tried it yesterday, it's a direct port of the mobile game (with low-res icon on the dashboard and loading times, small ones but certainly avoidable on a big console :/).
Not snappable either. But well, it's not bad to kill time.

Poor judgment, but I thought more people would laugh at the 1g Achievements, but people are legitimately upset by it. Won't be making that mistake again :).

Forsythia

Yeah, 1 point achievements piss me off. Anyone know any game with easy 4 or 9 point achievements to get rid of it? :p

Poor judgment, but I thought more people would laugh at the 1g Achievements, but people are legitimately upset by it. Won't be making that mistake again :).

They're fun when immediately followed buy an achievement that evens it out, like The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned DLC for Borderlands. In any other situation they're horrible.

Special C

Yeah, 1 point achievements piss me off. Anyone know any game with easy 4 or 9 point achievements to get rid of it? :p

They're fun when immediately followed buy an achievement that evens it out, like The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned DLC for Borderlands. In any other situation they're horrible.

Why does an uneven number matter? I have a hard time understanding it. I've had a 3 point achievement from the first GRAW since launch and its never bothered me.

Can achievements be patched and have their Gamerscore adjusted?

I don't think so.

Sorry! Just uh..finish the game and even it out that way :). Easier said than done I suppose.

GunWorld 2 will have a 2 point Achievement referencing this. Don't worry, it'll even out with an 8 pointer right after.

I don't think so.

Sorry! Just uh..finish the game and even it out that way :). Easier said than done I suppose.

GunWorld 2 will have a 2 point Achievement referencing this. Don't worry, it'll even out with an 8 pointer right after.
Oh sorry, 1G achievements don't bother me at all, I was just curious :p

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but considering purchasing an Xbox One.

Wheres the best place for Live codes, Digital Game codes and Microsoft Points/Cash top up?

Is it cheaper to get from US store like PS4, or does it not really matter?

Thanks

(I'm from the UK BTW)

eastx

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but considering purchasing an Xbox One.

Wheres the best place for Live codes, Digital Game codes and Microsoft Points/Cash top up?

Is it cheaper to get from US store like PS4, or does it not really matter?

Thanks

(I'm from the UK BTW)

US Store is cheaper than UK. Hong Kong is cheaper than everywhere, I hear. There's a thread about buying from international stores. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722968

speedomodel

Threes! has some ones to even it out just be careful with what you need so you don't overshoot it.

Lashley

I use this site for comparing prices - DGP, Play-Asia for HK codes and Offgamer for Brazil codes

Those 3 combined with the thread EastX gave should give you the best spread of info around, I used a VPN to get Russian credit for a while but prices have been adjusted which make stuff a lot more expensive now

Appreciate the help man, thanks.

Will buy an XO within the month so this will be very handy for me.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
and Frozen Free Fall deleted. I made it to level 16, that level seems unbeatable without spending money.

LoL, this isn't true at all. I'm in the 20s of stages, and here's how the curve feels to me:

- play plainly, without speed or paying attention to special pieces: 1 star easily possible.
- go after objective (pop certain pieces only, but still casual speed): 2 star.
- Chain, Chain, CHAIN! Play as fast and swiftly as yo can! : pushing the edge to getting 3 out of 3 stars.

One thing I note in repeat plays: The drops are hand crafted, not random. So each stage is more like a long puzzle, rather than a pot luck of lucky drops.

I'm actually impressed withbthe overall quality, and lack of forced payment. There's no energy meter to limit sessions, you can retry a stage from the start as much as you want for free, and local vs character unlocks are tied to Single Player progress.

The game feels very Ps1 / 2 / 90s arcade in it's presentation, and I mean this positively. The render shot backgrounds, musical looping, and sound cues are right out of things like Bust A Move / Puzzle Bobble 2, moreso than even the cheap $10 BaM game that came out last gen.

I''d easily say it's MP versus is less throw-away and better realized than Peggle 2, so far. Character choice lends a special piece that you get bonus combo power from destroying, but the spevial powers of single player aren't there to utterly destroy balance.

It fills a match-3 niche that no other XB1 game has so far, so I like it. Enough that I'd gladly buy a more polished version if they made it ( like with more modes, actual character voice clips for attacking and defense, and the removal of IAP for in-game earnable items).

Alx

and Frozen Free Fall deleted. I made it to level 16, that level seems unbeatable without spending money.

LoL, this isn't true at all. I'm in the 20s of stages, and here's how the curve feels to me:

Yeah it's definitely possible to pass levels without using any power up, I'm at level 33 on Xbox and went much further on the phone version, without spending a dime. But time limited levels are quite hard indeed, as soon as you start looking for your next move for a few seconds, it's already over.
I don't have any specific strategy except for "make/match as many special gems as possible", the cascade reactions are the only way to reach high scores quickly. I notice you can move tiles while the "explosions" of your previous move are still going, it may be useful for timed levels. Or not, if it breaks a combo. It feels a bit random, to be honest.

TheKeyPit

Banned

Gamerscore is a serious business. Mad Max threw some 3G, 2G and 8G achievements at me. Had to eat some Maggots for an achievement to even the score out.
79003 looks worse than 79000 :D

statham

I'm quite enjoying Nightmares from the deep, hidden object game.

LoL, this isn't true at all. I'm in the 20s of stages, *snip*.

Yeah it's definitely possible to pass levels without using any power up, I'm at level 33 on Xbox and went much further on the phone version, without spending a dime. But time limited levels are quite hard indeed, as soon as you start looking for your next move for a few seconds, it's already over.
I don't have any specific strategy except for "make/match as many special gems as possible", the cascade reactions are the only way to reach high scores quickly. I notice you can move tiles while the "explosions" of your previous move are still going, it may be useful for timed levels. Or not, if it breaks a combo. It feels a bit random, to be honest.
I'll reinstall this afternoon, but I tried like 15 times, then said f-it. I did quite enjoy it until then.

I wish games would just make oddball scores the norm so we can all get past this.

138651 is my current score, makes me smile some people would have a score like that and be annoyed there's a 1 at the end.

I do feel sad that people will purposely avoid a game and potentially miss out on something they may enjoy because of gamerscore numbers, seriously go and get some help if it's that bad.

It does seem like bad time for Wasteland 2, but early 2016 doesn't seem a lot better.

I'm not sure I'll get it at launch with Fallout and Sword Coast Legends coming out, but I'll get it at some point.

Lashley

Well, I've just bought an Xbox One :D

Really excited. Still keeping my PS4 but this is definitely going to get some love.

Friend has changed his FIFA pre-order to XB1 from PS4 too, he's considering trading in his PS4.

eastx

I do feel sad that people will purposely avoid a game and potentially miss out on something they may enjoy because of gamerscore numbers, seriously go and get some help if it's that bad.

Agreed. Just like Achievement addiction in general, it's not healthy to avoid playing games for piddly reasons like that.

Special C

Can someone recommend a good turn based or slow paced game? My streaming performance isn't great and there is noticeable lag. I've had my fill of Magic and Massive Chalice. Need something I can play from my Surface.

statham

my Nightmares from the Deep, hidden object 5 second review.

Its a short game, you can beat it in about 3-4 hours, its a typical hidden object game you can get from a bundle on PC for cheap. But its nice to see on a console. I feel I got my $9.99 from it. Most puzzles are pretty easy, but a couple are like what the hell. story wise was more teen, and the ending was lack-luster. You can easily cheese your way through it tho. I give it a C, I do want more hidden object games, so I hope it does well.

Top Bottom