• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

What makes you call it an ID@Xbox release?

I've seconded guessed myself a few times today about it, I could be wrong but I remember them including it a few times in the promo/compilation videos they've put out. Like Ark and Wasteland 2, it's? one of the few near retail priced id@xbox releases.

Vert boil

Released today,

Extreme Exorcism - 13$ (11.69 with gold), 379MB.

Penarium - 10$ (9$ with gold), 295MB.
Trial available.

-----
Fermi's Path has been announced as coming out tomorrow the 24th but it's probably going to be a late evening/Friday release. Coming to US/CA/DE.

Site - Trailer

-----
And the update is live for Chariot if you were holding off getting the dlc.

I gave up playing the Frozen game. Besides being a bad and slow port on the Xbox One, it is buggy as hell regarding saving your game.

The game reset my progress to level 37 [BTWICE][/B], one when I was a few levels ahead (so I made my progress again) but now I was on level 62. No way I will play all those levels again.

Strange that it happens twice when I did the same thing (quit to the game menu because I have no more lives, start another game - Leo´s Fortune - and after a while I did go back to Frozen, expecting a new live. However when the server is contacted, I have now 5 lives but I am back to level 37.

Arghhh

Montresor

Popping in to say once again Inside My Radio is an incredible rhythm game. What a pleasant surprise. That game just oozes personality and coolness.

I might give up on the Time Attack levels. So far I've beaten the first two levels (that felt amazing). If it takes more than 20 tries for me to beat the third Time Attack level I'll probably give up on the 1000/1000 and move onto another game.

edit: Bah, I regret getting juniored - I'd definitely make an Inside My Radio thread.

Vert boil

The Escapists: The Walking Dead will be coming out Sept 30th, 20$. Standalone release.

Site - Trailer

-----
Shame some people are still losing saves with Chariot. Not that I was very far into the game but my save survived the update and the dlc. Using it as an excuse to finally play the game properly.

Popping in to say once again Inside My Radio is an incredible rhythm game. What a pleasant surprise. That game just oozes personality and coolness.

I might give up on the Time Attack levels. So far I've beaten the first two levels (that felt amazing). If it takes more than 20 tries for me to beat the third Time Attack level I'll probably give up on the 1000/1000 and move onto another game.

edit: Bah, I regret getting juniored - I'd definitely make an Inside My Radio thread.
Just saw you were juniors what happened? You can PM me to keep thread on track just curious.

I'll have to check the game out, I have a review code but I've been swamped :/

Montresor

I just beat the third and fourth Time Attack levels in Inside My Radio. I think I might actually be able to beat them all... The game just really clicks when you're playing each level near perfectly (which you HAVE to do when each mistimed button press kills your time remaining).

Just saw you were juniors what happened? You can PM me to keep thread on track just curious.

I'll have to check the game out, I have a review code but I've been swamped :/

No worries. I made a joke thread pretending I was some dick engineer - thread title is "laid off at work". When they found out it was a fake story I got juniored - honestly I deserved it haha, but I regret it.

I am really afraid of trying Chariot again and loose my progress....

It already happened to me twice the last month, first with Sparkle (with a few levels to finish it) and Frozen.

Bad luck I guess.

jond76

Banned
Played a bit of Guns Gore... It's really fun! Standard sides roller stuff but its very polished. Controls great and voice work is good. I haven't even tried co-op yet. Worth the $10.

Vert boil

Project Spark is going 100% free.

http://forums.projectspark.com/yaf_...ing-to-Free-Incubation-Engine.aspx#post251041
On October 5, Project Spark will be rolling out its biggest update and platform change. This update overhauls many Project Spark systems and areas. The biggest change is a shift from a free-to-play model to a free and open creation platform. What does that mean? This will automatically unlock previously paid downloadable content for new and existing Project Spark users. Microsoft will pivot from producing DLC and active feature development to encouraging more user generated content and opening the Project Spark experience.

and there will be a rebate for people that spent money after July 28 2015,

In light of these changes to a fully free model, all players who have purchased Project Spark digital content on or after July 28, 2015, purchased a retail disc and activated it by product key redemption on or after July 28, 2015 or have a remainder balance of purchased in-game tokens will be entitled to Microsoft Store credit equivalent to their money spent. Microsoft Store credits will be awarded automatically to all users within 30-60 days after October 5. If you have additional concerns, we have a full FAQ on our refund process.

-----
Few new pre-orders,

Back to the Future - 20$
Supposedly coming Oct 13th.

Fat City - 18.49$
Supposedly coming this Friday.

speedomodel

Think I am going to import the Walking Dead Escapists game, want it on physical for sure and I'm pretty bummed I never got the Escapists that way.

danowat

Banned
Blimey, Orbit it limiting it's audience.

Warning: ORBIT is a local multiplayer only game. No single player or online is available.

Seems Toto Temple is also local MP only.

Seems to be a lot of (IMO) dross hitting the marketplace at the moment.

Vert boil

heh, Curve have proved the achievement that no one had for Ultratron is actually possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3CZi7Fucqs

Since its original release, Xbox One owners of the superb retro shooter Ultratron have so far failed to unlock one of the game’s Achievements.

Worth 20 GamerScore, the ‘Drone Bullet Kills’ Achievement requires that players shoot down 50 enemy bullets using only the game’s drone.

There has been loads of debate online about whether the achievement is glitched, even though we uploaded a blog detailing step by step how the achievement could be unlocked.

Well, today, we are delighted to publish a video which shows our in-house QA man Paul Hann completing the achievement on a retail Xbox One console – and we’re throwing down the gauntlet to the rest of you.

“It took me almost all day,” says Paul, “but it’s been time well spent – simply so we can show the Achievement is possible.”

To celebrate achieving this Achievement, we’ve slashed 75 per cent off the price of the game for a week beginning Wednesday 30th September through till Wednesday 7th October – meaning the only excuse not to have this on record is that you’re not good enough.

It marks the beginning of a month where Curve will be discounting the majority of its titles as we lead up to the holidays. We’ve branded it the Curve Digi-sale, because it sounds a bit like Curve Digital, which is the name of the company. Look out for discounts through until October 31 st 2015.

The video showing the achievement and its completion can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSbEGm8WNBk

An in depth video guide showing the step by step conditions for getting the achievement can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3CZi7Fucqs

-----
And Onigiri will be coming out this Friday.

Vert boil

Crimsonland will be coming out Oct 14th, 14$ and there'll be a trial.

Site - Trailer

Announced dates so far,

2nd Oct, Fat City
2nd Oct, Onigiri (western release)
2nd Oct, Polychromatic
6th Oct, Elite: Dangerous (Full release. The price might go up when it's out of Early Access.)
7th Oct, Teslapunk
9th Oct, Afro Samurai 2: Episode 1
9th Oct, Kaiju Panic
9th Oct, Three Fourths Home Extended Edition
13th Oct, Back to the Future
13th Oct, Minecraft: Story Mode: Episode 1
13th Oct, Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
14th Oct, Crimsonland
14th Oct, Laserlife
16th Oct, Bedlam
16th Oct, Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX
20th Oct, Overlord: Fellowship of Evil
21st Oct, Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 5
22nd Oct, Pinball FX2: Balls of Glory (Archer, American Dad, Bob's Burgers and Family Guy)
23rd Oct, Pure Pool: Snooker

Unconfirmed,
20th Oct, Life is Strange: Episode 5

Doukou

Project Spark is apparently going full free to play

On October 5, Project Spark will be rolling out its biggest update and platform change. This update overhauls many Project Spark systems and areas. The biggest change is a shift from a free-to-play model to a free and open creation platform. What does that mean? This will automatically unlock previously paid downloadable content for new and existing Project Spark users. Microsoft will pivot from producing DLC and active feature development to encouraging more user generated content and opening the Project Spark experience.

Project Spark’s goal has always been to empower creativity. We’ve been an incubation engine for ideas from epic to artistic and we plan to continue doing so. Project Spark inspires and empowers over 200,000 creators who have shared tens of millions of custom objects, behaviors and experiences. Every day we see anywhere between 300 and 400 new games being uploaded on our platform. Our support of these creators and our communications with them will continue in an open, free and collaborative environment.

In light of these changes to a fully free model, all players who have purchased Project Spark digital content on or after July 28, 2015, purchased a retail disc and activated it by product key redemption on or after July 28, 2015 or have a remainder balance of purchased in-game tokens will be entitled to Microsoft Store credit equivalent to their money spent. Microsoft Store credits will be awarded automatically to all users within 30-60 days after October 5.

Additionally, today’s released content packs are our last planned DLC. With a total of 46 released packs and 2,000+ assets, we feel like we’ve gotten to a good place with our content offers for creators. This also means that we will no longer create episodic adventures, including future Conker’s Big Reunion episodic content. We’ll leave it up to you to continue his story in whatever ways you want, and we can’t wait to see what you create!

Alongside these larger changes, Project Spark will roll out a number of different content, updates and features to further unlock and amplify your experience. The new Project Spark Title Update, arriving on October 5, will include features like:
The maximum terrain limit in creations has been further doubled
The maximum prop limit in creations has been increased by 500
200+ new assets will be added in game, including a dragon, goblin warlord, bog biome and a set of new primitive building blocks
Each creator will now have a total of 100 Upload Slots for their creations
UGC ranking will be based on downloads and favorites, instead of upvote/downvote ratings
The Project Spark Marketplace has been removed
The Project Spark Tour and Treasure Trove have been removed
Achievements have been revamped for players and creators
For more details on this announcement and the upcoming Project Spark update, read our full release notes and content breakdown at projectspark.com/news.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
So are they stopping development? Sounds like they are simply giving up on the project and make it free in the process.

Alx

Basically yes, Team Dakota will stop creating new content for the game. On the PS forums, they hinted at the idea of opening Project Spark more, so that users could import their own content into it, but there's nothing certain nor official.

Top Bottom