• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

Released today,

Back to the Future - 20$, 1.95GB.

The Jackbox Party Pack 2 - 25$ (21.24$ with gold), 880MB.

Wasteland 2: Director's Cut - 40$, 9.32GB.
(id@xbox release)

DLC,

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
--Alf's Escape - 3.50$ (1.75$ with gold)
--Scrub Abe Costume - 1$

Pre-order,

Overlord: Fellowship of Evil - 23.50$ (21.14$ with gold)

----------
Curve Digi-sale,

Thomas was Alone - 2.75$ (was 11$)

Guerrilla

so is back to the future just a rerelease or did they improve stuff? I remember it getting mixed reviews, I'm a fan of the post twd output though....

I see that Dragon Age 1 is on sale for the 360 butttttttt is there really no complete version available on the Xbox store? I want to pick it up for possible BC stuff in the future

U2NUMB

FYI WRC 5 is up on the US store.. surprised as the hard copies are not out till the end of the month. Also 10 dollars more for digital.. but I have wanted some Rally action for a while so I bought it.

Any impressions on the Clash of Clans clone, Battle Islands?
Starting off is incredibly slow. Classic build this and then wait 2 hours game...except at least my phone can give me notifications when buildings finish, and Xbox one can't do that. So you have to kind of just remember to go in there every once in a while and check stuff out.

Now, if Xbox had push notifications or live tiles then this would solve this issue with F2P time waiters like this

Bsigg12

Starting off is incredibly slow. Classic build this and then wait 2 hours game...except at least my phone can give me notifications when buildings finish, and Xbox one can't do that. So you have to kind of just remember to go in there every once in a while and check stuff out.

Now, if Xbox had push notifications or live tiles then this would solve this issue with F2P time waiters like this

I'd take Live Tiles over push notifications any day. Thanks for the impressions!

Vert boil

Released today,

Crimsonland - 14$ (11.89$ with gold), 185MB.
Trial available

Goosebumps - 15$, 514MB.

Laserlife - 15$ (13.49 with gold), 2.27GB.

Minecraft: Story Mode: Episode 1 - 5$, 1GB.
--Season pass (eps 2-5) - 20$

Minecraft: Story Mode - The Complete Season - 25$

DLC,

Killer Instinct
--Horror pack - 10$
(Hisako, Sabrewulf, Spinal and 3375 KI gold.)

-----
The (very) recently released Fat City has been reduced to 13$ from 18.50$. Xbox support should refund you if you were silly enough to buy it.

Any impressions on the Clash of Clans clone, Battle Islands?

There is a trick to speed up. Although I do not know if it is supposed to be that way, but in the main menu, last option (supplies). It is a rollet type of mini game where you can earn gold and ammunition. The first try in a day is free, the new ones costs just one gold. The prizes are random, each time you entered the game there is a different distribution of gold and ammunition boxes. Just enter and exit until you find a good ratio (like 8 gold boxes and only 3 ammunition boxes). Spend the 1 gold to play it, you probably will earn 2 to 8 golds. Doing it you can grind as much as gold as you want, and spent it skeping the construction times.

The down side of it is that everyone seems to be doing it, so battles are much harder.

But the game itself is not that good. I have been playing Castle Siege and it is like water to wine. Cannot stand playing it. Plus, unless I am missing something, the only thing that you can do in the battles is to choose the deploying points, the troops attacks automatically the nearest target. Which is a pain if you have a supply building next to a turret, for instance. You will attack the building letting the turret kill your troops....

FYI WRC 5 is up on the US store.. surprised as the hard copies are not out till the end of the month. Also 10 dollars more for digital.. but I have wanted some Rally action for a while so I bought it.

I picked it up too. Full price here (Brazil) despite a physical release is no where to be seen in the near future. I love rally, and despite Milestone is not a top tier developer, they have improved a lot in the past games.

eastx

Anyone played Laserlife? I like the look of it.

Laserlife is kind of like Rez. Move the two cursors around with both sticks and collect all the thingies. I played it for 20 minutes and had fun. Will have to go back to it soon.

Crimsonland is a must-buy if you like twin-stick shooters. Review coming later today.

Montresor

I'm having trouble deciding what I should do with Three-Fourths Home - the game is very cheap ($5 on Canadian store) but the trailer looked absolutely god awful.

Has anyone here liked this game?

zorbsie

I'm having trouble deciding what I should do with Three-Fourths Home - the game is very cheap ($5 on Canadian store) but the trailer looked absolutely god awful.

Has anyone here liked this game?

It is a visual novel. There isn't much "gameplay" in it. I liked the writing in it and it feels like there are multiple ways conversations can go. Had a scotch and played through it in one sitting. I've been meaning to go back and see how other choices go. Let me know if you have any more questions about it.

Montresor

It is a visual novel. There isn't much "gameplay" in it. I liked the writing in it and it feels like there are multiple ways conversations can go. Had a scotch and played through it in one sitting. I've been meaning to go back and see how other choices go. Let me know if you have any more questions about it.

Thanks - that's good enough for me.

There have been SO many games coming out lately - what I do is screen the game and add it to my "to buy list" if it seems interesting. Only Minecraft Story Mode and Back To The Future were added lately - but I'll go ahead and pick up Three-Fourths Home too.

zorbsie

Shame that bedlam is $30 in Canada. That takes it way out of impulse buy territory for me. I'll wait for a sale on this one.

danowat

Banned
Anyone got any feedback on Rock N Roll racing?, all I can find on Youtube are sycophants who've been given the game by the developer.

speedomodel

Also, as a side, Adr1ft is up for pre-order on Microsoft's store for $19.99, noticed it has the $10 back as well. So $10.99 after the rebate, pretty good deal.

Vert boil

Released today,

Overlord: Fellowship of Evil - 23.50$, 4.44GB.

New Bundle,

Hasbro Family Fun Pack - 40$
(Monopoly, Risk, Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit)

New DLC,

Life is Strange
--Episode 5 - 5$ (spotty availability atm)

-----
Curve Digi-sale,

Stealth Inc. 2: A Game Of Clones - 2.50$ (was 10$)

The Swapper - 3.75$ (was 15$)

And a new Curve bundle should appear soon,

Instant Indie Collection: Vol. 2, (Nova-111, Pumped BMX+ and The Swindle).

----------
Layers of Fear will be joining the game preview program this Friday.

Site - Trailer

and Forced should be out tomorrow, 15$.

Site - Trailer

Great, will check Layers.

And I finally had the time to check some of the recent games. Off Road is pure garbage. In fact, it has to improve a lot to be garbage. Monkey Pirates is quite fun and worth the asked price. It is a sort of sea bqttle with the direction of wind affectings the players. Very fast paced.

Do you mean it's inferior compared to Super Off-road and Pixeljunk Racers, or do you just not like that style of game in general?

I did not played PJ, but certanly it is not up to SO-R.

I like the type of game, but loose controls (too loose), kinda bad physics, lack of options and really bad graphics (give me headaches, not sure if it is the framerate or the tearing).

The only up sid is that it supports up to 8 players offline, but you will need friends to torture. I could not tested because I do not have that many controllers. No online thought.

I am not sure why, but it gave frustration not fun. And that kind of game should bring a lot of fun. Plus it really gave me headaches...

I can recommend Monkey Pirates althought. Still need to try multiplayer but looks quite fun.

Edited: I agree with this review:
http://www.purexbox.com/reviews/xbox-one/rock_n_racing_off_road_dx

danowat

Banned
Anyone know what (if any) the submission rules for early access games are on the Xbox one?

Watched a couple of EA reviews for Layers and they mention that the game is pretty much devoid of any story, and this will be added for the full game.

Just wondered how much of a game there needs to be to enable a game to be submitted under EA for the Xbox/

eastx

I did not played PJ, but certanly it is not up to SO-R.

I like the type of game, but loose controls (too loose), kinda bad physics, lack of options and really bad graphics (give me headaches, not sure if it is the framerate or the tearing).
I agree with this review:
http://www.purexbox.com/reviews/xbox-one/rock_n_racing_off_road_dx

Wow, that does sound like a trainwreck. I kinda want to play it just for the Achievements though, as I do have six controllers. But it's a shame when a dev team can't even copy a very basic and old game design properly.

Anyone know what (if any) the submission rules for early access games are on the Xbox one?

Watched a couple of EA reviews for Layers and they mention that the game is pretty much devoid of any story, and this will be added for the full game.

Just wondered how much of a game there needs to be to enable a game to be submitted under EA for the Xbox/
I'm not sure how complete the games need to be, but I know they are being very selective with the games they choose. They are trying to choose games backed by publishers or from big name indies so they know that the game actually gets released at some point. Yu can tell they don't want a situation on their hands where they have to consider refunding people for games never releasing

Also each game has a mandatory trial so people can see what state the game is

Top Bottom