• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

Is Onigiri US only?

Seems to be a moving target atm. You can now get on the server with your region set to the UK and CA as well as US (most likely others as well). But you can only grab the game from the site or searching for it on the US store, doesn't come up searching the UK store.

edit,
Reading their twitter feed it looks like it'll be coming to (at least) the english speaking parts of the EU at some point. No date given. So grabbing from the US store is the only option atm.

danowat

Banned
Seems to be a moving target atm. You can now get on the server with your region set to the UK and CA as well as US (most likely others as well). But you can only grab the game from the site or searching for it on the US store, doesn't come up searching the UK store.

edit,
Reading their twitter feed it looks like it'll be coming to (at least) the english speaking parts of the EU at some point. No date given. So grabbing from the US store is the only option atm.

Thanks, all the Japanese text on the US marketplace page threw me a bit too.

Vert boil

Jackbox games have said The Jackbox Party Pack 2 will be coming Oct 13th but they weren't specific about which platforms but it'll launch worldwide at launch this time.

Five games again, three announced so far.

Fibbage 2, Bomb Corp. and Earwax.

Cool, looking forward to playing Onigiri properly (in a language I can understand lol) now instead of just running round going what am I doing?! XD

Special C

That sucks of them. What they should do is take the feedback into account and adjust the Achievement.

What's the point? I like going for achievements just like the next guy but if one is really hard or time consuming I just move on to the next game.

eastx

What's the point? I like going for achievements just like the next guy but if one is really hard or time consuming I just move on to the next game.

Of course that's what we should do as players, but I was talking about how the developer could improve the experience for us players so that we don't feel the need to move on.

Vert boil

Released today,

Elite: Dangerous - 37.50$, 5.3GB.

ID@Xbox pre-order,

Divinity: Original Sin - 60$

Wasteland 2: Director's Cut - 40$

I wasn't planning on buying Teslapunk anyway, but that would make me think twice. I'm not even an achievement whore, but the odd number thing does bug me.

eastx

I wasn't planning on buying Teslapunk anyway, but that would make me think twice. I'm not even an achievement whore, but the odd number thing does bug me.

The Achievement for beating the game puts it back to a standard number. Also, you guys shouldn't let OCD affect your purchasing decisions. ;)

statham

Divinity is a $60 game? I thought they said $39.99? I already own it on steam, makes it hard to double dip at that price...

Just gotta warn people out there about Teslapunk has a 1g achievement, which you can get when you launch the trial.

I got it and my achievement score now stands at 139214 and I couldn't care less but I know there are people out there who won't even play the trial because of the 1g.

Just another point, I'm on NXE did anyone try Teslapunk demo and have no sound?

zorbsie

Anyone know the price for Three Fourths Home? Looks like something I'd enjoy. It's 5.50CND on steam. Wonder if it will be priced the same on XB1. Insta-buy at that price for me.

Vert boil

Tales from the Borderlands final episode will plop on Oct 21st.

Life is Strange will also end its season that week. They've said Oct 20th but haven't been specific about platforms.

I didn't really want to make a new thread for this, and didn't know where else to ask, so I'll ask here.

Last night while attempting to unlock the Star Wars Battlefront early by changing my billing region, I accidentally migrated my US account to Australia instead. (On the Xbox website, both options are called "change region", but the one I should have used was under the billing sub-section) I've been on chat with Xbox support twice now, and both of them told me there was no way to bypass the 3 month wait.
-My Xbox One console is still set to United States
-My billing region is still set to the United States

I typically buy all of my games on the dashboard store, and I have a couple questions:
1. Can I buy games with my US payment methods, have them be the US versions, and have zero issues when I migrate the account back to the US in 3 months?
2. Same question, but for Xbox 360. Mostly I just get the Games With Gold stuff, but with Backwards Compatibility there were some things I would have considered buying.
3. Will US purchased Xbox Live gift cards still work properly?

I didn't really want to make a new thread for this, and didn't know where else to ask, so I'll ask here.

Last night while attempting to unlock the Star Wars Battlefront early by changing my billing region, I accidentally migrated my US account to Australia instead. (On the Xbox website, both options are called "change region", but the one I should have used was under the billing sub-section) I've been on chat with Xbox support twice now, and both of them told me there was no way to bypass the 3 month wait.
-My Xbox One console is still set to United States
-My billing region is still set to the United States

I typically buy all of my games on the dashboard store, and I have a couple questions:
1. Can I buy games with my US payment methods, have them be the US versions, and have zero issues when I migrate the account back to the US in 3 months?
2. Same question, but for Xbox 360. Mostly I just get the Games With Gold stuff, but with Backwards Compatibility there were some things I would have considered buying.
3. Will US purchased Xbox Live gift cards still work properly?

1. Yes. Just st the console region to US.
2. Now you have a problem, since 360 cannot change region. You are tied to Australian matketplace in this account, so you can only access deals and games available in australian marketplace until you change back your region to us in 3 months.
3. Yes, but there will be tied to your us wallet, which only your Xbox One can access when the regon is set to US. The 360 will not have access to it.

You should have change te region in the webste simple clicking on the option in the lower left corner of the page....

1. Yes. Just st the console region to US.
2. Now you have a problem, since 360 cannot change region. You are tied to Australian matketplace in this account, so you can only access deals and games available in australian marketplace until you change back your region to us in 3 months.
3. Yes, but there will be tied to your us wallet, which only your Xbox One can access when the regon is set to US. The 360 will not have access to it.

Thanks for the info.

You should have change te region in the webste simple clicking on the option in the lower left corner of the page....

The bottom of account.xbox.com shows "Change my region" :
Then when you click on "Payment & Billing", there's another identical "Change my region" link:

I was looking for "Change my region", I found it, so I did it. It just happens the first one you come across is not for changing your region, but for account migration.

Some new ID@Xbox games are playable at the Brasil Games Show this weekend.

Here's some footage I've found so far

Gryphon Knight Epic by Cyber Rhino Studios https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06J8HKtD1Qo

Shiny by Garage 227 (technically the trailer was at E3, but this is gameplay) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeekauHpgUY

And here is a screen grab I got from the Brasil Game Show Xbox keynote of ID@Xbox Brazilian developers bringing games to Xbox One http://imgur.com/EqTjGAX

edit: Another really cool moment was around the 41minute mark of the presentation where Phil Spencer gave Brazilian developer Duaik (Aritana & the Harpy's Feather) an award for being the first Brazilian dev to ship a game on ID@Xbox. The developer really seemed surprised and happy to receive it, which put a smile on my face. I love stuff like this.

zorbsie

edit: Another really cool moment was around the 41minute mark of the presentation where Phil Spencer gave Brazilian developer Duaik (Aritana & the Harpy's Feather) an award for being the first Brazilian dev to ship a game on ID@Xbox. The developer really seemed surprised and happy to receive it, which put a smile on my face. I love stuff like this.

The devs reaction was priceless. It would be hard not to smile at this.

Top Bottom