• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

Released today,

Forced - 15$, 3.6GB.

New Bundle,

Instant Indie Collection: Vol. 2 - 24.50$
(Nova-111, Pumped BMX+ and The Swindle)

DLC,

Tales from the Borderlands
--Episode 5 - 5$

Montresor

Picked up Swapper. Considering Stealth Inc. 2, anyone play it? Thoughts on it?

I haven't played Stealth but Swapper is a wonderful little puzzle game. Spooky mysterious atmosphere and satisfying/challenging puzzles. The game has a metroidvania map structure, except there are no enemies or upgrades - just you alone solving puzzles with the swapper.

N30RYU

Anyone have bought recently in the Colombian marketplace? I wanna preorder SW Deluxe Ed and there's no way around it with proxies...

If this don't belong here please adress me to the correct thread 'cause I can't seem to found it... Thanks

So those of you who bought it, what do you think?

It seems like a weird game to preview because the experience would be ruined by the time the game is finished. Am I wrong?

You in Brazil or are you a wizard? I want it for 6.50 :(

I am here. And you would not want to be here when our money falls from 2.10 for a US dollar to 4.00 for a dollar in less than 3 months... At least the Live marketplace did not update the convertion rate.

And you can buy Brazilian Live Cards online, I believe even in the microsoft store.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I am here. And you would not want to be here when our money falls from 2.10 for a US dollar to 4.00 for a dollar in less than 3 months... At least the Live marketplace did not update the convertion rate.

And you can buy Brazilian Live Cards online, I believe even in the microsoft store.

You can

from offgamers

So those of you who bought it, what do you think?

It seems like a weird game to preview because the experience would be ruined by the time the game is finished. Am I wrong?

Would like to know this as well. It's the only reason I'm holding off getting it atm. I'm really jonesing for a something creepy this close to Halloween.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I like the demo of Layers of fear but i'm going to wait to the final version.The game have a inconsistent framerate and it's very low.And the demo don't have any scare moment or wtf! for sell your game to the people.It's like a simulator to open doors and drawers.

That's the impression you can take from the demo.It's a bad demo not for selling the game and it's a shame.

jond76

Banned
Layers of Fear and The Long Dark are two games that I'm going to purchase when they leave the preview program.

You could buy them now and just not play them, since they are cheaper while in preview. The Long Dark has an excellent sandbox survival mode to putz around in.

kevin1025

Banned
Am I crazy, or are the Shocktober sections in Sales and Specials full price and not in fact sales and specials?

Edit: Ah, it's just a Halloween suggestion selection. Weird how it's in that section.

Uhh, can I talk about Xbox Gamerpics here? Or is there an Xbox general thread I'm missing?

I uh, wondered in here...because it had Xbox in the title <_>

zorbsie

Picked up White Night for $5. Was really interested in that one. Whats the word on Zombi? Is it worth the discount price? Any thoughts?

Flux

I just realized I already own most of the Halloween sale games. Guess I need to set up a spooky backloggery for the next few days

zorbsie

Here and here (same review :p)
Thanks for this Steve. Seems like a game I would enjoy.

I would grab Zombi at that price, but the timing is terrible, and it'll probably be cheaper during the winter sales.
This is my situation. I don't really have time to play it, but I'm not sure it will go on sale anytime soon either. Right now I'm looking at Layers of Fear or Zombi. LoF doesn't look like it's fully a game just yet so I can wait for a few updates before I jump on that.

Mr White

I finished Back to the Future game and it was so good... Except that pointing system is pretty bad and sound mixing is like worst I ever experienced. There is even FPS problems. It's so unfortunate since there is plot worth game's name and very good adventure game around it. If you love movie trilogy then definitely give it a try.

Orca

Got Layers of Fear a couple days back, finally got around to playing it. Man, after a slow start where I spent way too much time opening (and closing) every drawer and cabinet the game really turned creepy and - at times - scary. I've startled a couple of times at the 'turn around and everything changed' jump scares.

For $13 it's a bargain, and people worried about a lack of story shouldn't be. I'm not sure what the full game is supposed to have but there's a ton of voicework giving backstory.
I've been getting the 'life fell apart' vibe from memories he talks about and some of the flashes in the paintings, and I just hit the phone call that I think is the start of it.

Performance has been good after a bit of up and down at the outset. You tend to be in smaller rooms/corridors after the open, so that likely helps. Plus it's a slow-moving game with a lot of dark sections, so that tends to minimizes framerate issues being too noticeable.

Vert boil

Released today,

New Bundle,

Sierra Games Collection - 60$ (40$ with gold)
(Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved, King&#8217;s Quest &#8211; Chapter 1, Shiftlings and Velocity 2X)

-----
The Escapist is getting some new DLC on Nov 4th, will be 4.50$.

Trailer
Captured by a heinous villain and trapped in his underground lair, you must use all your spy cunning to sneak into restricted areas and gather the necessary items you&#8217;ll need to craft together to pull off your explosive break for freedom!

The Escapists &#8211; Duct Tapes Are Forever DLC features:

- An exclusive new underground villainous lair to escape from
- 6 brand new achievements/trophies to unlock
- Leader board

Special C

Finished Pneuma. Not a lot of content but I'll take it for a freebie. It wasn't bad, but I felt like it kept trying to convey a message but I didn't quite grasp what it was going for.

Just have to go back and get those final 3 cheevos.

I live in the UK. What site can i get US credit to use on the US store on my xbox? Using a UK debit card and address.
Want it for early Tomb Raider.

danowat

Banned
I live in the UK. What site can i get US credit to use on the US store on my xbox? Using a UK debit card and address.
Want it for early Tomb Raider.

It's no longer as lucrative as it used to be, many sites now charge an activation fee, if you can, the best bet is to try and buy US credit from someone on here using the buy/sell/trade thread.

Top Bottom