• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

EBreda

Why not use Amazon? It's the most reliable one, just use a fake address and your default UK credit card, it will go through.

eastx

EnjoyUp Games (makers of Rock N' Racing Off-Road DX) announces Enjoy Up’s 3 in 1 on Xbox One.
  • Release: Q1 2016
  • Price: $7.99
Abyss

Explore the abyss! Earth, 3024.

Natural resources are scarce and the survival of the human race is in danger. Desperate to find new energy resources, the ASAN creates a biomechanical robot called Nep2no that is capable of withstanding extreme depths in the hope of finding new energy sources. After many years of exploration, a new energy source is found, code named "Gaia".

99Seconds

The saga continues after 99Bullets. Now your problem isn't the number of bullets, rather the amount of time.

99Seconds, a fun, retro-style video game, where you can modify time to avoid all kinds of dangers.

After finishing off Black Eye, V-99 entered a mysterious zone called Bit 8, without knowing why V-99 could modify time!. But everything became complicated with the appearance of the BLACK VECTORS: mysterious beings that aim to destroy any intruder who reaches Bit 8.

99Moves

After 99Bullets and 99Seconds, the saga continues. Now your problem will be the movements.

99Moves], a retro arcade game where you will have to survive with just 99 Movements.

Without a heading in the galaxy, all was lost because your energy was about to run out... gravity would chart the course of your destiny... Suddenly, V-99 entered a zone called Shaders, which provided energy... It was a new opportunity to survive. However, it was not all good news, as you only have 99 energy pulses to move through the Shaders zone.

OK. I did find the time for the game I was interested in by Googling it, but it seems like an oversight to not have it on the console when some of these games are 50GB. Thanks again.

Vert boil

Released today,

Gems of War - F2P, 1.76GB.

Gems of War is surprisely good. Well, it should be, since they are the people behind Puzzle Quest.

Same mechanics, more things to do. I am just in the beginning, level 6 and two reigns, and yet I did not reach any paywall.

Thought I would give Gems of War a try earlier, ended up playing for a couple of hours. I really enjoyed Puzzle Quest and this is more of the same really. Not reached any pay to win sections yet either

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the Ram II Golden Bundle for World of Tanks, which is usually $16.99 is a free Gold offer under the deals with gold section.

It gets you the Ram 2 medium tank, 100k silver,and a few other misc thinks.

Pretty nice if you play the game!

Waitaseconddidyousaypuzzlequest?

Interest just went from 0 to 100.

Yes!!!!! You can say it is Puzzle Quest 3.

Played it for more 1 hour. My character is now level 11, have a couple of troops rised up, four kingdoms unlocked, plently of things to do and no paywall yet. Raising up your troops is really slow and that is where they want you ti spend the money, but if you play the challenges between the missions you will be fine.

Alx

Yeah I'm seriously considering uninstalling Gems of War because I got hooked and spent most of yesterday playing it...

Yeah I'm seriously considering uninstalling Gems of War because I got hooked and spent most of yesterday playing it...

Truth. Very addicting thing.

And it is a very long game. I spend 4 hours on it yesterday. My character is now level 15, with a troop or two at level 6. Finished the first kingdom quest (it seems to have 20 kingdoms). Still need to finish its challenges (done all in levels 1 and 2 but I need to up my troops to finish the others).

Never ran out of money, I won almost every level at first try, earning a lot of gold. Ended my session buying (unlocking) 5 more kingdoms just to spend what I had, and still had a lot.

I can see regular players repeating a lot of levels, requering too much gold, or spending it raising the troops so they could fsce the enemies easily, but for a former Puzzle Quest player like me that know the strategies, no money is necessary. It was quite good to beat the first boss with a underpowered character (on my second try).

Going up to level 100 and finish all kingdoms will be quite a ride.

Alx

I suppose gold becomes harder to get when you reach higher levels. I got the first messages "not enough gold to play" when I was past level 25 (fortunately so because otherwise I would still be playing, or have died from exhaustion :p).
I wasn't even aware you had to pay for each battle before that. I suppose increasing levels and finishing quests gave enough income to let you play that long.

I suppose gold becomes harder to get when you reach higher levels. I got the first messages "not enough gold to play" when I was past level 25 (fortunately so because otherwise I would still be playing, or have died from exhaustion :p).
I wasn't even aware you had to pay for each battle before that. I suppose increasing levels and finishing quests gave enough income to let you play that long.

Yeah, I supposed later levels will cost a lot of gold, but I never played a F2P game for 4 hours straight without hitting a paywall or limit. Most games have 15 to 30 minutes of "free" play and then blocks you.

Feels like Lords of the Fallen is on special so often but why not the DLC? So annoying as I said oh I'll get it when it goes on sale, everything does, bound to happen, still waiting! :p

Woke up early and played a bit of Gems of War before work. Very fun game so far. Are the rare cards always better than commons? Because I found a few commons that seem to be more useful than a rare that poisons enemies and gives a chance of doing 1 damage.

Alx

I think some common cards can be much more useful. My favorite one is the pig rider, that lets you remove a line and doesn't end your turn. It's perfect to create new opportunities for attacks or combos, and it even deals additional damage.
The only rare card I'm using is the guy I got from finishing the quests of my main city ; he boosts attacks of all allies and it's stackable.

That being said, I did force myself to uninstall the game this morning, since I went to bed at 2AM because of it. I'm too weak to that genre, it reminds me of all my nights shortened because of HoMM2.

Woke up early and played a bit of Gems of War before work. Very fun game so far. Are the rare cards always better than commons? Because I found a few commons that seem to be more useful than a rare that poisons enemies and gives a chance of doing 1 damage.

I really liked a rare one that gives double the damage if he is damaged.

That being said, I did force myself to uninstall the game this morning, since I went to bed at 2AM because of it. I'm too weak to that genre, it reminds me of all my nights shortened because of HoMM2.

You are weak. I played it till 3AM and woke up at 7AM 😃

😞

So far not run into a paywall in Gems of War, which is good. The Lava Wyrm boss kicked my ass over and over, until I got lucky: I have a super duper cool card that has a chance to devour its target and absorb its HP and attack (and does 7 damage irrespective of whether Devour kicks in). One gobble later and the Wyrm was gone, and I had a big Cerberus dude with 40+ hp and 20 attack. Easy.

It's infuriating, like PQ, in that the AI seems to cheat, or at leasts gets so bloody lucky. But it's also horribly compelling, addictive, and, so far at least, not blocked by money demands. I think once you have a few kingdoms and can access the Arena, money is less of an issue. I hope...

So far not run into a paywall in Gems of War, which is good. The Lava Wyrm boss kicked my ass over and over, until I got lucky: I have a super duper cool card that has a chance to devour its target and absorb its HP and attack (and does 7 damage irrespective of whether Devour kicks in). One gobble later and the Wyrm was gone, and I had a big Cerberus dude with 40+ hp and 20 attack. Easy.

It's infuriating, like PQ, in that the AI seems to cheat, or at leasts gets so bloody lucky. But it's also horribly compelling, addictive, and, so far at least, not blocked by money demands. I think once you have a few kingdoms and can access the Arena, money is less of an issue. I hope...

Arena costs 1000 gold to play, not sure if it is worh.

You get that back with 2 wins, and then a bunch of other stuff. It's not ideal for making oodles of cash, but you get keys and gems and whatnot too.

Ohmbrew

You guys are really tempting me to try Gems of War. I've never played Puzzle Quest, but everything you guys are speaking of sounds like it is interesting. I may have to try my hand at it on the weekend.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Augustiner

Neo Member
Is it still possible to purchase digital versions of games if they have been added to your account as part of the free monthly Xbox Live games?

Vert boil

Is it still possible to purchase digital versions of games if they have been added to your account as part of the free monthly Xbox Live games?

Yep, they added the option to do that via the store page but it seems to be spotty atm (maybe it's always been spotty?). Of the five I checked, Super TIME Force, Tomb Raider and The Deer God gave the option to Play or 'buy a copy £*.**' but Pneuma and Walking Dead Season 1 only had Play/Install.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Gems of War is a nice surprise. I still swear that the music in anything non-Puzzle Quest 1 has gotten weaker and more blah, but this seems to be the least Blah of the releases! :) Though I haven't played Marvel Puzzle Quest, though I might get it on PS4 eventually (since it'd oddly missing from X-One.)

Battle High 2 A+ will be coming out Dec 16th.

Site - Trailer

Glad to see this happen, actually. I enjoyed the game on XB360 Indie Games, and it's nice to see an even more fleshed out sequel. Not enough indie devs even attempting to make games like this.

Hope to see more and more of the best of XBLIG get a chance to re-release on modern consoles.

Augustiner

Neo Member
Yep, they added the option to do that via the store page but it seems to be spotty atm (maybe it's always been spotty?). Of the five I checked, Super TIME Force, Tomb Raider and The Deer God gave the option to Play or 'buy a copy £*.**' but Pneuma and Walking Dead Season 1 only had Play/Install.

Interesting. I just double checked, but I do not seem to get the option, not even on Tomb Raider. Have you updated to the new Xbox OS yet?

Ohmbrew

So, I finally tried Gems of War. You guys were right, it's quite fun to play! I can see myself getting sucked in for a while.

have any of you created a Guild yet?

Top Bottom