• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

eastx

So, I finally tried Gems of War. You guys were right, it's quite fun to play! I can see myself getting sucked in for a while.

have any of you created a Guild yet?

Being in a guild with active donors is very important to progressing in the game, so everybody should try to join a good one.

I have a Level 3 guild with 7 elemental bonuses unlocked so far. Members are expected to donate gold and win Invasions daily or close to it.

If you'd like an invite, send me your character name and we'll get you in. :)

More Gems of War advice: Anybody who likes the game enough to spend a little money on it should consider the $5 costume bundle. The costume is Xbox One exclusive (PS4 got a different one) and it provides valuable bonuses that will speed up your progression in the game. Plus the extra stuff you get with the bundle makes it a good buy.

Gems of War is a nice surprise. I still swear that the music in anything non-Puzzle Quest 1 has gotten weaker and more blah, but this seems to be the least Blah of the releases! :) Though I haven't played Marvel Puzzle Quest, though I might get it on PS4 eventually (since it'd oddly missing from X-One.)

Glad to see this happen, actually. I enjoyed the game on XB360 Indie Games, and it's nice to see an even more fleshed out sequel. Not enough indie devs even attempting to make games like this.

Hope to see more and more of the best of XBLIG get a chance to re-release on modern consoles.
Ya that's a lot of XBLIG planned for release. For instance I know Amazing Princess Sara is coming too

Being in a guild with active donors is very important to progressing in the game, so everybody should try to join a good one.

I have a Level 2 guild with 3 elemental bonus unlocked so far. Members are expected to donate gold and win Invasions daily or close to it.

More Gems of War advice: Anybody who likes the game enough to spend a little money on it should consider the $5 costume bundle. The costume is Xbox One exclusive (PS4 got a different one) and it provides valuable bonuses that will speed up your progression in the game. Plus the extra stuff you get with the bundle makes it a good buy.

Hummm... I got into a guild, but I choosed a random one on launch day. No one is doing anything.

Right now I am clocked at 12 hours mark (as game hub) with my character at level 25, 20 or so troops, some at level 10, 10 kingdoms, one fully completed on quests/challenges and progressing on another.

It seems that I may completed the game at 40-50 hour mark.

eastx

Hummm... I got into a guild, but I choosed a random one on launch day. No one is doing anything.

Yeah, just being in a guild alone isn't much benefit. It needs active members. By donating gold to research projects, everyone can get extra elemental bonuses, keys, gems, and treasure maps. The more projects the guild completes, the closer it gets to leveling up and increasing the member limit. And when everyone's combined trophies from PvP reach certain milestones, you'll increase the guild level and get better daily guild bonuses.

I have a Level 2 guild with 3 elemental bonus unlocked so far. Members are expected to donate gold and win Invasions daily or close to it.

Grabbed it since I'm enjoying the game, and haven't hit any time/paywalls yet which is a nice change of pace for a F2P game.

Thanks for the heads up

Ohmbrew

Thanks for the advice! I'll grab the costume bundle as I definitely want to support the developer. I'd love an invite into the Guild. But I should let you know that I do travel a lot for work, and although I do bring my xbox one with me, I can't always get a game in every night. I'll take part as much as possible though. If that's still okay, I'd love an invite. I'll PM you my character name.

Thanks again!

Vert boil

Released today,

Knight Squad - 20$ (free with GwG), 573MB.
--Extra Chivalrous - 5$

Bundle,

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Deluxe Edition - 30$ (22.50$ with gold)

DLC,

Pure Hold 'em
--Vortex Chip Set - 3$

-----
Rock Zombie will be coming out Dec 4th.

Site - Trailer

Played a few rounds of Knight Squad and it really isn't for me. Too chaotic to actually be fun, it wants to be Bomberman but it doesn't even come close to that.

Will probably uninstall this as I really don't see myself playing any further

Hopefully Bomberman Live ends up going BC shortly, that's a much better game than this

Oynox

Spy Chameleon does not look too bad. Any impressions on that? And I guess OlliOlli is worth the 5 bucks? It is unfortunate that Yigioh is only reduced by 25%, at 50 I would buy.

Fun that Gem of War feels exactly like the mobile original by the way. I prefer playing those match 3 games on my phone.

Spy Chameleon does not look too bad. Any impressions on that?

I really enjoyed it. There are quite a few levels and trying to figure out how to beat the times and get all the collectibles in each one is pretty fun for the most part.

I would definitely recommend it, especially since it's so cheap.

muzzymate

For those who got Kinect Sesame Street digitally, I just received this message from Xbox Live
"Kinect Sesame Street TV is no longer available in the Xbox Store and content streaming is disabled. Customers will still be able to play Kinect Sesame Street TV and use any content they have already downloaded and continuously save."

Vert boil

Fat City was released in at least the UK today (Their site says it'll be coming to the UK, Australia/NZ and Europe this fall.).

And Three Fourths Home will also be releasing in other regions soon.

I'm loving Gems of War. It's very addicting. I'm in a guild with some people from XboxAchievements.com

If anyone actively plays and wants an invite let me know and I can talk to the owner. Being active is key, since the more people we have puttin gold towards missions, the more bonuses we get. I believe we have 4/10 so far so there is room!

Pm me

Montresor

I'm hoping the following all get significant sales on XBL this upcoming Black Friday...

GTAV XB1
King's Quest Season Pass
Brothers XB1
Mad Max
Broken Sword 5
Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Back to the Future

Alx

Does anybody else have issues at the end of battles in Gems of War ? In some of them (especially the Arena), I get the fireworks for victory, but no "press A" prompt, and I have no other option than killing the game from the dashboard.

I'm hoping the following all get significant sales on XBL this upcoming Black Friday...

GTAV XB1
King's Quest Season Pass
Brothers XB1
Mad Max
Broken Sword 5
Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Back to the Future

I would take any of the following:

King's Quest Season Pass
Life is Strange
Walking Dead Season 2
Castle Crashers
State of Decay
Brothers (I had an error in my file save that stopped me in my tracks)

Vert boil

Released today,

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae - 1188¥, 220MB.
Japan only atm.

Does anybody else have issues at the end of battles in Gems of War ? In some of them (especially the Arena), I get the fireworks for victory, but no "press A" prompt, and I have no other option than killing the game from the dashboard.

/me shakes head.

Never had that issue. My major bug is that I never receive treasure maps or the premium diamond gems.

Alx

Never had that issue. My major bug is that I never receive treasure maps or the premium diamond gems.

Oh yeah I think treasure maps don't work at all. I should have several maps right now, even got notifications for winning one, but they never appear in the inventory.

eastx

My major bug is that I never receive treasure maps or the premium diamond gems.

Have you bought the Kingdom that unlocks access to playing Treasure Maps yet? I assume so.

Treasure Maps definitely work for me - I played one and enjoyed it. But I've seen complaints about bugginess with them at XBA as well.

Vert boil

Have you bought the Kingdom that unlocks access to playing Treasure Maps yet? I assume so.

Treasure Maps definitely work for me - I played one and enjoyed it. But I've seen complaints about bugginess with them at XBA as well.

Yep, almost finished with the game (lvl 49 and only going for 50, sod 100). Not a big issue, if they patch it they won't retroactively give them to me so it isn't worth being irritated.

-----
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare will be coming out Dec 1st, 20$ and there'll be a bundle with dlc for 30$.

Site - Trailer

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare will be coming out Dec 1st, 20$ and there'll be a bundle with dlc for 30$.

Site - Trailer

Hmm, wasn't even aware this was coming to consoles. I wonder how big the player base will be as that will likely be the determining factor for me.

I'm also guessing there's no chance of this being on GWG since it's also launching on the same for PS4?

Vert boil

Hmm, wasn't even aware this was coming to consoles. I wonder how big the player base will be as that will likely be the determining factor for me.

I'm also guessing there's no chance of this being on GWG since it's also launching on the same for PS4?

There have been games in the past that have come out at the same time on other platforms and have released as a GwG title.
With Chivalry I wouldn't read too much into the date as the 1st is a Tuesday plus Activision are publishing it.

Treasure maps aren't working for me either. Got some notifications, but when I enter a kingdom where I can use it, it says that I do not have any.

Alx

Treasure maps aren't working for me either. Got some notifications, but when I enter a kingdom where I can use it, it says that I do not have any.

For what it's worth, I finally got a treasure map successfully appear in my inventory after a notification, and could play the minigame. Maybe there was a silent update, or a fix server-side.

I just bought a month of gold for $1. Does anyone know why it let me get the Xbox One Games with Gold, but not the Xbox 360 one? When I go to the Dungeon Siege 3 page, it says it will charge my PayPal $19.99.

I just bought a month of gold for $1. Does anyone know why it let me get the Xbox One Games with Gold, but not the Xbox 360 one? When I go to the Dungeon Siege 3 page, it says it will charge my PayPal $19.99.

Are you sure you're accessing the right region? When this happens to me, it's usually because I clicked on a UK link someone posted here at GAF.

Are you sure you're accessing the right region? When this happens to me, it's usually because I clicked on a UK link someone posted here at GAF.

Yeah, I was accessing the Canada store both time. I just tried it now, and it asked me to login again, and then it showed for free. So maybe the 360 store needs a relog to update Gold info, while the Xbox One doesn't.

ACR0019

Does anyone know how I can obtain the Borderlands DLC for free? I thought I saw that advertised as a reason to pick up BL1.

Oynox

Deals are online:

Bodywisdom: Tai Chi For Beginners - 6.69$
Extrem Combat for Xbox - 20.09$
Killer Instinct Maya - 1.00$
WWE 2K16 Digital Deluxe Edition - 60.29$
PES 2016: Digital Exclusive Bundle - 44.99$
Rbi Baseball 14 - 5$
MGS V The Phantom Pain - 44.99$
WWE 2K16 - 44.99$
Divekick - 4.99$
Lifeless Planet - 10$
CoD BO 3 Digital Deluxe Edition - 89.99$

I bit weak, I guess. I will take a closer look at Divekick and Lifeless Planet but yeah that's it.

Vert boil

Released today,

DLC,

Minecraft Story Mode
--Episode 3 - 5$

New Bundle,

Minecraft: Xbox One Edition Holiday Pack - 30$

New Pre-orders,

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - 20$

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Ultimate Edition - 30$
(Says 52$ full price but the pr has only mentioned it being 30$.)

-----
Does anyone know how I can obtain the Borderlands DLC for free? I thought I saw that advertised as a reason to pick up BL1.

They are included in the 8.6GB base download, all four bits are free. You access them through the quick travel menu.

If you bought any of them on the 360 then they'll show up when you manage the game but you don't need to install them.

Oynox

Does anyone know which version of borderlands will be downloaded? I'm located in Germany and borderlands is censored quite a bit over here so I fancy an uncut version.

Will the Xbox One download the version I bought it the region my console is set in?

Megauap

Does anyone know which version of borderlands will be downloaded? I'm located in Germany and borderlands is censored quite a bit over here so I fancy an uncut version.

Will the Xbox One download the version I bought it the region my console is set in?

I think it downloads the version depending on the store setting you have set when downloading it.
For example, I can buy a game in the Hong Kong storefront, then change my region to Spain and download the game. It will download the Spanish version although I bought the game in the Hong Kong storefront.

Vert boil

Good time for Neverwinter players,

In an effort to alleviate some of the AD issues with Neverwinter Xbox One, we’re offering 100,000 raw Astral Diamonds to all adventurers who have a character that has played at least once before November 23, 2015. The offer is one per account, so choose wisely on which character retrieves it.

Upon log-in with the chosen character, you’ll receive a quest, which will take you to Rhix in Protector’s Enclave. Rhix will then give you the AD.

There is no deadline for this offer, and it is not affected by the double Astral Diamonds event. So don’t wait for 2x AD, claim your bonus now!
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xb...neverwinter-xbox-one:-ad-gift-for-adventurers

This week there's also 2x XP, 2x Astral Diamonds, 2x Refinement Points and 2x Enchantment & Runestones.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xb...neverwinter-xbox-one:-thankful-for-2x-events!

-----
And The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is coming out Dec 1st as a GwG title.

Site - Trailer

Oynox

The Van Helsing news is good, very good. Have been waiting for months on news and now, the release as GwG is excellent!

zorbsie

Pumped over the Van Helsing news. Can't wait to get into that game. Hope it translate to controller as well as Diablo 3 did.

Chitown B

Deals are online:

Bodywisdom: Tai Chi For Beginners - 6.69$
Extrem Combat for Xbox - 20.09$
Killer Instinct Maya - 1.00$
WWE 2K16 Digital Deluxe Edition - 60.29$
PES 2016: Digital Exclusive Bundle - 44.99$
Rbi Baseball 14 - 5$
MGS V The Phantom Pain - 44.99$
WWE 2K16 - 44.99$
Divekick - 4.99$
Lifeless Planet - 10$
CoD BO 3 Digital Deluxe Edition - 89.99$

I bit weak, I guess. I will take a closer look at Divekick and Lifeless Planet but yeah that's it.

I love that COD is $90 "on sale"

Top Bottom