• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

Eesh, hopefully they pass quickly. I'm probably going to have to deal with them at some point due to my gout. ;(

-----
Starpoint Gemini 2 will be coming out Dec 11th.

Site - Trailer

kevin1025

Banned
Pumped over the Van Helsing news. Can't wait to get into that game. Hope it translate to controller as well as Diablo 3 did.

The PC version was a tiny bit wonky on controller, but worked relatively well. But now that it's on console I'm sure the controls have been refined.

Sch1sm

Holy crap. I guess I goofed by buying it on release day.

You and me both. I bought it physically at $50CAD + tax? Something like that.

Uhhhh:

The Crew Complete Edition comes up as 19.99 for me, which contains the original game, Wild Run, and the Season Pass. Wild Run edition comes up as 39.99, and that has no Season Pass? Weird.

Looks like King of Wushu was released in China as well today. I know this game is coming west on PS4, so hope it does on XB1 also.
https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/671370410185854977

I noticed it yesterday, it was released with the last game batch (xmas Minecraft and World 2). Looks like achievements aren't online yet.

I will download it later (I already have it on PS4) since it is free (I cannot buy anything on the Chinese marketplace...)

Edited: If it comes to the west, it would be with different servers/achievents.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is out - 8.01gb ($14.99/£11.99 - free with GwG until December 31st)

US store page not up it seems but UK is

Also up are two DLCs for it priced at $3.99/£3.19 each

Will there be DLCs for this game in the future?

You will be able to purchase the original two DLCs (Arcane Mechanic and Thaumaturge) on the release date for $3.99, you don’t have to wait. They both add a new playable class and multiple new areas, sidequests, equipment and loot.

FAQ on developers website

Van Helsing: Arcane Mechanic - 10mb~
Van Helsing: Thaumaturge - 10mb~

Van Helsing is basically Diablo 3. Its almost a re skin. Even the menus looks almost identical. Not a bad thing as I really like Diablo.

Played half an hour or so and it's OK so far. Some weirdness with the frame rate though. Its stuttering more than this type of game should

eastx

1.2gb update to Gems of War...any ideas? Xbox really needs to get with the times and implement patch notes...

It fixes some bugs, including Tasks not updating correctly. I might be imagining it, but the animation for gems falling seems to be slightly different now too.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Man I have such a strong impulse to get the Mega Man Legacy Collection...

It fixes some bugs, including Tasks not updating correctly. I might be imagining it, but the animationf or gems falling seems to be slightly different now too.
Just was playing and could swear the gems falling were different also. I also see that the performance seems to be a bit better.

Montresor

The new OS is okay but they changed some things pointlessly, gosh.

Sometimes I wonder if the thousands and thousands of people in the preview program even did anything worthwhile. I know this is an awful sentiment (I should be grateful people beta-tested the new OS for free) but how did people miss the following:

1) The Game DVR app is the only place where you can view screenshots and clips full-screen. The Game DVR app is the only place where you can pause, rewind, and fast-forward clips. Friends can't view your instance of the Game DVR app to view your screenshots/clips (you used to be able to do this in the past). Friends can only view your screenshots/clips via your profile. But in your profile you can't fast-forward, pause, rewind, or full-screen. How did this get past the drawing board?

2) The new achievements app is just awful. There used to be a beautiful, ingenious set-up when you full-screen achievements - you'd have 3 or 4 rows of achievements, all in compact rectangles. Now when you go to achievements you don't REALLY go to achievements, you go to some Hub... And in the Hub achievements are listed once per line in a massive unwieldy and annoying list.

3) Compare Achievement with friends is now completely backwards. You used to be able to compare hundreds of games at once now you can only compare one at a time.

4) Achievement lists in the achievement apps don't show app achievements anymore. Not a big deal because I always thought they were silly, but achievements for apps still exist, they're just hidden for whatever reason. If you snap Achievements when some apps are open it'll show achievements for that app, but ONLY when snapped... They don't show up at all in the main achievements "app" now...

5) Achievements app now shows games that have zero gamerscore... Really annoying. They did not used to show up before and now they do... why?

Montresor

We didn't. I can say with certainty that we just around in our underwear and drank beer.

Yep I get you, obviously the fault lies squarely with Microsoft. It's unfair to make a comment like that and downplay the positives that came out of the preview program and its beta testers. But still, on day one (Nov 12th).... on day one dammit, within minutes of getting the new update, I right away noticed the following: 1) the achievements app shows zero gamerscore games, and 2) the profile app doesn't let you full-screen, pause, rewind, or fast-forward screens/clips.

So was it like that in the preview and people didn't notice, or did Microsoft make last-minute changes?

I cannot stand losing functionality whenever a new update goes through. It grates on me. With the old Xbox One OS you could remove zero gamerscore games (they would disappear on their own). Now you can't remove them. With the old Xbox One OS you could go to your friend's profile and full-screen screens/clips and pause/fast-forward etc... You can't do that anymore.

I think there's a better standalone Achievement app coming, a Games & Apps app as well, and a bunch of other stuff.

I mean MS made its self-imposed deadline, but it pushed a lot of stuff to 2016 to do so.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The Crew Complete Edition was bumped up to the proper $60. Did anyone actually pick it up for $20? Did it get revoked and refunded?

So Baseball Riot, which is coming out Dec 9th is $5. It will NOT be cross buy with Windows 10. However, 10tons(dev) told me that the Windows Phone 8/10 and Windows 8/10 versions WILL be cross buy. However, the Windows Phone and Windows versions will NOT have Xbox achievements.

CoolZombie

Is that on the online store? Or do I have to plug in my 360 to see this. Heck, if I have to load up my 360 to check that, I may as well play it on that console lol.

Lol as much as I love BC and can't wait for more titles, it's certainly bloody awkwardly done at the moment. The sooner they add the 360 games to the X1 store the better.

Unfortunately, the connection (or lack of) between Xbox One and Xbox 360 has been awkward since the XB1 release.

The fact that the Xbox website is not a cohesive system two years later is kind of crazy for a company like MS.

pacman85

Unfortunately, the connection (or lack of) between Xbox One and Xbox 360 has been awkward since the XB1 release.

The fact that the Xbox website is not a cohesive system two years later is kind of crazy for a company like MS.
Totally agreed. The fact that I can't use money in "Microsoft wallet" to buy things on XBox 360 via the website (only XBone on the website) is very mind-boggling. That's what your XBox Rewards money is deposited into, where you redeem codes from XBox Gift Cards, etc. We should be able to use that across all Microsoft products/systems/websites.

eastx

Full Gems of War patch notes:

• Increased the gem falling and attack animation speeds.
  • Fixed data corruption issue when users quit the tutorial early.
  • Fixed treasure maps not awarding from in game cascades.
  • Fixed certain tasks not completing (spend glory, earn a new weapon, etc.)
  • Fixed various quest line final cinematics so that they can be completed.
  • Fixed an issue where arena troops changed if you quit before playing the first match.
  • Fixed Arena bug where chests were showing troops as level 10 upon opening them.
  • Fixed the Disenchant Threshold.
  • Other backend tweaks and bug fixes.

Full Gems of War patch notes:

• Increased the gem falling and attack animation speeds.
  • Fixed data corruption issue when users quit the tutorial early.
  • Fixed treasure maps not awarding from in game cascades.
  • Fixed certain tasks not completing (spend glory, earn a new weapon, etc.)
  • Fixed various quest line final cinematics so that they can be completed.
  • Fixed an issue where arena troops changed if you quit before playing the first match.
  • Fixed Arena bug where chests were showing troops as level 10 upon opening them.
  • Fixed the Disenchant Threshold.
  • Other backend tweaks and bug fixes.
Sorry for the dumb question, but where the heck do I even find my treasure maps? I've gotten a lot from my guild but can't seem to find how to look at/use them.

eastx

Sorry for the dumb question, but where the heck do I even find my treasure maps? I've gotten a lot from my guild but can't seem to find how to look at/use them.

Shoulda joined a better guild! J/K.

You have to purchase the Zhul'kari kingdom (directly below Broken Spire) and access treasure maps from there.

Gems of War patch really solved some issues but also created OTHER issues.

1 - now each time I supposed to gain a weapon the animation comes empty, without any weapon and I am redirected to the weapon selection, but do NOT gained a weapon.

2 - some other tasks are not being correctly completed, like the win a weapon with 3 troops from kingdom "x".

And where is the last kingdom? The game shows that I still have a kingdom to unlock, but I am at level 53 with plenty of gold (+20k) and it still did not appeared for purchase.

eastx

1 - now each time I supposed to gain a weapon the animation comes empty, without any weapon and I am redirected to the weapon selection, but do NOT gained a weapon.

2 - some other tasks are not being correctly completed, like the win a weapon with 3 troops from kingdom "x".

And where is the last kingdom? The game shows that I still have a kingdom to unlock, but I am at level 53 with plenty of gold (+20k) and it still did not appeared for purchase.

505 has stated that they're aware of that task and a few others still being broken, so at least we know they're going to get fixed eventually.

Glad they know about the remaining issues, but that new issue when gaining new weapons is really annoing. It happened 3 times in my last game session. Did it happened to anybody else?

Plus it will be a long road to level 100, I need to start some breaks from this game in order to plsy the others (Tomb Raider is still waiting in plastic)

Delryk

Had to stop using my Bombadier.. cuz everytime I'd finish the game with him, the game freezes. Sucks ass cause I had a nice combo going with him.. might start looking for another good combo

I love my troops right now...really like my combo. Got back up to rank 1 in the rankings system again last night. Took a while. Once I got to rank 3 I feel like my matches were always better than me and got soooooo lucky on some of the cascades.

As for the rewards you can use glory on, they change every week right? I'm not too fond of the new character that is up there.

Glad they know about the remaining issues, but that new issue when gaining new weapons is really annoing. It happened 3 times in my last game session. Did it happened to anybody else?

Plus it will be a long road to level 100, I need to start some breaks from this game in order to plsy the others (Tomb Raider is still waiting in plastic)
Yes t happened to me yesterday

lcd

Had to stop using my Bombadier.. cuz everytime I'd finish the game with him, the game freezes. Sucks ass cause I had a nice combo going with him.. might start looking for another good combo

I have the same issue with one of my troops that clears a whole row and column of gems. When I finish a level with that attack now the game freezes and I have to go to the pause menu and choose retreat to continue. It happened more quite a few times last night.

haha you guys really really love Gems of War, eh?

I thought it was ok. Played for a few hours then got sidetracked with all the other games out currently.

Top Bottom