• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Eh, ZHeroes just makes it apparent how much actual work has to go into making an awesome brawler. It's combat isn't too bad, and the personality it WANTS to have is decent, but it doesn't fully sell any of it.

I'm impressed they patched in Checkpoints, new songs, and screen-size changing (something I wish Peggle 2 would do, it doesn't scale right on 720p screens last I played.) I'm happy they're receptive to some of the complaints, and they acted pretty quickly.

---

Cool that Battle High 2 A+ also is getting well updated, so far. He wants to add new characters? I wonder if that'll be paid DLC? It SHOULD be, but who knows? Good to see the game keep growing and improving.

Montresor

Just finished getting the 1000/1000 in A Boy And His Blob. Excellent game and really meaty. It took so long to finish every puzzle. 80 levels - damn good bang for my buck.

Will be starting The Fall and QUBE next. I'm impressed by The Fall early on... Feels like a mix between Limbo and Super Metroid (just in terms of atmosphere, not game play)... Cool.

pitchfork

Sod it..just bought 'Unravel'

Got way too many games on the go at the moment, but it looks great and I need some 'feels' to melt my heart a little, after being a bit of a miserable bastard the past week

danowat

Banned
Sod it..just bought 'Unravel'

Got way too many games on the go at the moment, but it looks great and I need some 'feels' to melt my heart a little, after being a bit of a miserable bastard the past week

Did you play the trial?

This wasn't even on my radar, but the trial blindsided me and I preorder straight after playing it.

zorbsie

Looks like A Crowd of Monsters has set a release date for Blues and Bullets: Episode 2 on PC for March 8th. Hopefully console version isn't too far behind that.

flkraven

I've been playing The Swapper a bunch. BUY IT! Last day to get it for $3 and it's well worth it. Awesome atmospheric 2-D puzzle side-scroller. Tons of character and I'm oddly intrigued by the story. Curious how this plays out.

Chris1

So.. any impressions on Cobalt? How long is the game? I looked on HLTB but doesn't look like they've got any data for it yet either.

Vert boil

Released today,

AssCreed Chronicles: Russia - 10$, 5.11GB.

Unravel - 20$, 3.09GB.

New bundle,

AssCreed Chronicles: Trilogy - 25$

-----
Neverwinter should be getting the Underdark update later today.

-----
Adventures of Pip is now available in the EU/South America/India.

-----
Blast 'Em Bunnies will be coming out 11th March, 5$.

Site - Trailer

It should be up to pre-order tomorrow and there'll be a bunch of addition dlc and a bundle at launch,

DLC,
  • 5 Arena Packs: US$/€ 1.99 each. Each one contains a new arena, day/night system and 3 new music tracks
  • 5 Skin Packs: US$/€ 2.99 each. Each one contains 21 new skins (3 for each bunny type)
  • 3 Permanent Multipliers: US$/€ Free to 9.99. The Multipliers cumulatively increase how many coins you collect when you shoot a coin
  • 4 Weapon Unlocks: US$/€ 2.99 to 4.99. For those who don't want to play the game to unlock everything!
DLC bundles,
  • 5 Skin and Arena Bundles: US$/€ 3.99 each. Each contains a matching skin and arena pack. (Content value of each - US$/€ 4.98)
  • All Skins and Arena Bundle: US$/€ 9.99. Contains all of the skins and arenas. (Content Value US$/€ 24.90)
  • Mega Bundle: US$/€ 14.99. Contains all of the skins, arenas and multipliers. (Content Value US$/€ 39.88)
Game Bundle,
  • Super Mega Bundle US$/€ 19.99. This contains the game, all skins, arenas and multipliers. (Content Value US$/€ 44.87)

I played a bit more of Zheros last night, and actually, I enjoyed it. The combat feels good.

The main issue the game has is that it doesn't really do anything else, so far. It needs more of a 'point' other than a combo brawler runner type thing. Still, I'll actually blast through it, I reckon.

Vert boil

Factotum 90 is finally up. They really need to sort that BS out, happens way too frequently.

-----
The Flame in the Flood will be coming out Feb 24th.

Site - Trailer - Wildlife tips trailer

-----
Wondershot will be coming Feb 19th.

Site - Trailer

-----
The Walking Dead: Michonne: Episode 1 will be coming out Feb 23rd.

There will be three episodes with ep 2 dropping in March and ep 3 plopping in April. 15$ for all three episodes.
When it was first announced it was going to be dlc for TWD Season 2 but it's standalone now. No idea if they plan for sell each episode separately.

Site - Trailer

-----
In Space We Brawl: Full Arsenal Edition will be coming out Feb 12th.

Site - Trailer

Vert boil

Factotum 90 has been okay so far. Played a third of the levels and if the difficulty doesn't heavily spike towards the end it seems like it'll only take 3-4 hours to complete.

Fairly slow paced game, switching between the robots can be a bit of a mind fuck but you get used to it. Puzzles haven't been too hard but it's been mostly standard fare so far.

Pro-Tip™: You used the d-pad on menus.

I bought GunWorld when it launched as it was cheap, I know someone here said it wasn't good or something. My main issue with it is that despite a fairly alright concept it feels like levels were designed with the intent of making you fail and piss you off... the mechanics are fine, needed some fine tuning and someone else - a more regular player of games to sit down and say what is good and what is annoying as hell.

So far I've done two levels (Forest and Fett's Train) and also one of the bosses (Rhulke), Temple of Guns, New Gun City and Mount Scorchio left plus whatever end stuff is thrown at me.

I have a policy of "if I bought it I should finish it" so... I will try and get it done this week whilst I also play The Wolf Among Us.

zorbsie

Factotum 90 has been okay so far. Played a third of the levels and if the difficulty doesn't heavily spike towards the end it seems like it'll only take 3-4 hours to complete.

Fairly slow paced game, switching between the robots can be a bit of a mind fuck but you get used to it. Puzzles haven't been too hard but it's been mostly standard fare so far.

Pro-Tip™: You used the d-pad on menus.

Thanks for this, I was thinking of getting it. For the price I'll give it a shot. Doesn't hurt that the achievements look fairly easy to get too. :) Not that I care for those things or anything.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Gigantic is one of the several exclusives that interested me more than stuff on PS4. I hope it's out soon.

Doukou

Been playing Banner saga, I like it but the game is buggy as hell, 2nd time I lost all my progress, probably going to stop playing it.

Vert boil

Finished HowTheFactorumDoYouSpellIt 90 last night, took about three and a half hours. Difficulty doesn't spike towards the end, there's just a very minor incline throughout the whole game with only one or two levels that make you stop for a minute to work things out.
The story is pants,
instead of being the hero like the Enterprise crew and finding a new home for the creature, you are just a shit that lasers a space squid in the eyes

danowat

Banned
Finished HowTheFactorumDoYouSpellIt 90 last night, took about three and a half hours. Difficulty doesn't spike towards the end, there's just a very minor incline throughout the whole game with only one or two levels that make you stop for a minute to work things out.
The story is pants,
instead of being the hero like the Enterprise crew and finding a new home for the creature, you are just a shit that lasers a space squid in the eyes

It's a remake of an old(er) Wii U game?

Alx

I hope Rocket League doesn't die on Xbox. I'm worried without any cross platform play at all and it not being GWG it might not stick around as long.

If a game that is good and inexpensive can't live on a console without being free, then that would mean no online gaming for any game would be viable on that platform. Fortunately it doesn't seem to be the case.

If a game that is good and inexpensive can't live on a console without being free, then that would mean no online gaming for any game would be viable on that platform. Fortunately it doesn't seem to be the case.

Precisely. People continually over-stress the lack of crossplay. Rocket League has been massively popular, and is very well known, and is coming to a console with an install base that, whilst smaller than the comptetition, is in no way insignificant. It seems relative values are treated as absolutes.

I seriously doubt RL will struggle, at all.

Vert boil

Released today,

D/Generation HD - 25$, 1.49GB.

In Space We Brawl: Full Arsenal Edition - 8$ (6$ with gold), 1.22GB.

Q*bert Rebooted - 10$ (7.50$ with gold), 500MB.

New pre-order,

Rocket League - 20$
--Back to the Future Car Pack - 2$

-----
Gone Home is now in the EU/Aus/Nz/Brazil/Russia

-----
It's the second anniversary for World of Tanks and some goodies are available.

Today (friday) you get Triple XP for your first win of the day for all your tanks.

2 Days of Premium (activates immediately, everything else can be stored and used any time)
2 Garage Slots
+2 Large Repair Kit
+2 Large first Aid Kit
+2 Automatic Fire Extinguisher
+2 10-octane Gasoline
+2 Extra Combat Rations
+2 Case of Cola
+2 Chocolate
+2 Pudding and Tea
+2 Onigiri
+2 Strong Coffee
+2 Improved Combat Rations
and 200,000 Silver.

I also receive 7 days of Premium, not sure if everyone gets it or I missed out on it during the first anniversary.

I ordered some Xbox gift cards from Best Buy and they just came in the mail. I can't redeem them though. It's telling me "This code isn't active yet. Try using it at a later date."

Is it possible the activation got delayed somehow, or did they just forget to activate them?

I ordered some Xbox gift cards from Best Buy and they just came in the mail. I can't redeem them though. It's telling me "This code isn't active yet. Try using it at a later date."

Is it possible the activation got delayed somehow, or did they just forget to activate them?

Odds are they didn't activate them. You might be able to take it into a store if there's one nearby and have them do it there.

Top Bottom