• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

zorbsie

My buddy and I picked up The Living Dungeon to play together only to find out there is no online multiplayer. It's an up to nine player local multiplayer only game. Madness.

Vert boil

Released today,

Fortified - 15$ (12.74$ with gold), 3.31GB.

Mr. Pumpkin Adventure - 39CNY, 4.03GB. **China only.

My buddy and I picked up The Living Dungeon to play together only to find out there is no online multiplayer. It's an up to nine player local multiplayer only game. Madness.

It's going for the board game feel, so kinda understandable. Still, online would be good too!

Montresor

I was going to skip Cobalt but once I heard it had slow-motion mechanics I was intrigued. Slow-motion gaming is pretty much the coolest thing in gaming. I love games like Bayonetta, Vanquish, and Max Payne 3... I hope Cobalt is really good.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Fortified is a FPS / Tower defense hybrid?, wasn't there another game similar to this not that long ago?

Do you mean Toy Soldiers? And I think both are more 3rd Person, rather than 1st.

Same with Trenched / Iron Brigade XBLA.

The biggest thing keeping me from this is that it doesn't seem to have local MP. If it did, it'd be a perfect followup to EDF / Toy Soldiers style local MP fun. In this way... I doubt the people I play online with would end up buying it, unfortunately.

Fortified is a tough game. Make sure to play with others.

What the Hell is that Factotum game? It looks odd, and honestly very boring.

I might play Tiny Troopers even if it did get middling reviews.

Vert boil

What the Hell is that Factotum game? It looks odd, and honestly very boring.
It's an adventure puzzle game. Your space ship is buggered after a collision and you only have access to two robots that you use to solve puzzles/get the ship up and running/find out what happened.

jond76

Banned
Played Solus Project at E3...game is ace. It will be the first game I buy on early access.

Is it a sandbox survival? Are they going to do it like Long Dark where they release the sandbox and them the story upon release?

I'm very interested in this game, but I don't want to half ass the story before it's complete.

Vert boil

If you have EA Access you can play the first two levels of Unravel now. Find it via the EA Access app or the store.

Sheltered (Game Preview) received the Bloodlines update.

N.E.R.O. is now available in Germany and Portugal.

As for The Solus Project, they have a write up on steam,

Why Early Access?
“We've spent 2.5 years creating the experience so far, but we feel that after 2.5 years with our game we need some outside eyes to wrap up production. The entire game is done, and all content we wish to release in the full game is already there, but we'd like to get feedback and catch bugs before we release for real.

Given so much has been made already it is important to note that this is not a small prototype or demo, but a 7-9 hour long experience that we will be releasing in episodes every few weeks, and is already fully optimized, visually near final, and fully featured.

In an exploration game like this, what we have struggled with during production is to find the balance between making the game too hardcore or too vague, and making it too obvious. That is something we are especially looking for feedback on. We also look to find out what it is that people like the most, and we will then strengthen those aspects further.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“We plan for being in Early Access for around 90 days, provided no serious issues pop up. Early Access for us is a way to test if our already finished designs, content, and programming holds up. During Early Access the entire game will be mostly finished already, and we will be focusing on finetuning and improving the existing game, not building it as we go. We thus hope for a short but intense EA phase.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“The final couple of levels and the end-game sequence will be held off until the full release, and will thus not be part of the EA releases. Beyond that no major new features or changes are expected to be part of only the full version.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“Since this is a singleplayer game, we will be taking an episodic approach during EA, with each new episode releasing every few weeks if all goes well.

• Release 1: The first three levels of the game. Worth about 1-2 hours worth of game, with lots of hidden secrets to figure out while waiting for the next release.
  • Release 2: +Levels 4, 5 and 6. Adding another 2 hours of gameplay. And any content from previous releases of course.
  • Release 3: +Levels 7 and 8, adding another 2 hours.
  • Release 4: +Level 9. Adding another 1 hour.
  • Release 5: Not 100% sure we'd do a fifth release, but if we'd do then that would be level 10. If not level 10 and 11 + the end game sequence will be held off until the full release.
In any of its releases the game:

• Is fully optimized. Performance is close to final.
  • Has fully functional menus, options menus, saving/loading and so forth.
  • Has final art content, it looks as it is meant to look.
  • Localization will happen during EA thus some language support will be missing.
  • Will have some bugs and issues left and right. Save game compatibility and stability cannot be guaranteed but will try as good as we can to keep it compatible.
  • In general is fully playable and featured, but simply doesn't has all level content and has some bugs/balancing issues left and right.

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“During Early Access the price is 25% off from the eventual full-game price.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“Besides the regular bug reports and issues, we are especially looking for feedback on some of our design decisions. We want to find out what people like the most about all the different things we've made. What we can strengthen or extend.

Our bug board is on Trello and can be commented and voted on. A link can be found on our website. Bugs can be reported using an in-game reporting tool.”

And from their FAQ,
Are there any differences between the Xbox One and PC versions?
They are pretty much identical. Due to faster turn around times the PC version will usually be slightly further ahead in updates than the Xbox One version, but the difference will be one to two weeks at most.
The game was primarily developed for PC so no downscaling has taken place on the PC version. The Xbox version has only received minimal downscaling, with the resolution and shadow range being slightly lower primarily.

jesu

Adventures of Pip will be getting an EU/South America/India release Feb 9th.

So who joined the shamelist today?
shamelistd6rwf.png

I'll need to set an alarm for each day if I'm to get that, I never even managed the 3 day achievement.
Looks worth it for that TA score though!

Flux

Minus the F2P elements?

Bike Mayhem 2 seemed alright, like a low budget Trials.
Don't know if I'll buy as those games get quickly to hard for me.

Didn't spend much time, but there are options to buy packs of things which I assume are boosts for the game. It isn't as prominent as the straight up F2P version.

jesu

Didn't spend much time, but there are options to buy packs of things which I assume are boosts for the game. It isn't as prominent as the straight up F2P version.

Not sure I like the sound of that.
I thought it would be just like the old Puzzle Quest with a Marvel coat.

eastx

Not sure I like the sound of that.
I thought it would be just like the old Puzzle Quest with a Marvel coat.

AFAIK the two $4 packs are just new levels and characters. You don't need them to complete the base game.

I bought Marvel Puzzle Quest. Never played other platform versions, but this one does not have any f2p elements. It is a variation of Puzzle Quest, if you loose any battle you can try it again as much as you like.

Flux

I bought Marvel Puzzle Quest. Never played other platform versions, but this one does not have any f2p elements. It is a variation of Puzzle Quest, if you loose any battle you can try it again as much as you like.

I hope that's the case and that I'm wrong. I only had a brief moment really to boot up the game and play a level. I really like the Puzzle Quest games so it's just disappointing that the series and similar games are mostly stuffed with progression limiting microtransactions.

I downloaded PQ2 for my vacation :)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Gems of War is probably the biggest reason why I won't be buying Marvel PQ until a sale or something. I would have purchased the game sooner if not for it's existence, haha.

It's nice to see a proper "pay to get it all" PQ again, though. Watching the gameclips in the store, the music and presentation seems to be pretty high for this style of game (easily a cut above GoW), and I hope the writing is a LOT better than GoW (whose otherwise mute hero has some of the worse replies I've ever seen in a game. SO flat and boring.)

The huge list of Microtransaction-purchase characters from the Phone version have become purely earnable on console, minus a few extra premiums, correct? Sounds cool.

Vert boil

Reagan Gorbachev will be coming out Feb 24th.

Site - Trailer

-----
The Zheros patch is finally live (5.1GB),
- Difficulty balance: lowered the overall difficulty and re-balanced problematic areas.
- Added checkpoints to all levels
- Added option to re-size the screen
- Added 2 new soundtracks
- Fixed bug that would cause some zones to not clear after defeating the enemies
- Added tips and tutorials explaining most important mechanics and controls
- Improved RP count for levels

-----
Battle High 2 A+ was updated to version 1.1.0.0.

----------
Zheros is actually manageable for sucky players like myself now. Was stuck on 1-7 before the patch, completely murdered it post patch.

Top Bottom