• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Odds are they didn't activate them. You might be able to take it into a store if there's one nearby and have them do it there.

You can do it over the phone. BB does this a lot. :/

Thanks for the replies. They said they couldn't verify the serial number, so they refunded the whole order. This was the deal (maybe a glitch) where you could get $50 worth of gift cards for $45, but if you added 2 to your card, it totaled $81. If I go to that page now, it says "this item is no longer available", so I guess I missed out because they forgot to activate the cards.

My son has been asking for a game called roblox because he has been watching it on YouTube, so I searched for it and according to google it's released on xb1, but I can't find it.
Has it been released in Europe yet? If so can someone provide a link to the page on the store.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Dunno if it's out in Europe but it's a F2P. So good news, but also gotta watch dem microtransactions with the kid.

Vert boil

My son has been asking for a game called roblox because he has been watching it on YouTube, so I searched for it and according to google it's released on xb1, but I can't find it.
Has it been released in Europe yet? If so can someone provide a link to the page on the store.

It's a US only release, you can switch regions on your console or the site and grab it for free.

To switch region on the site visit here and select the US (when you are finished use the link again to switch back to your country). The Roblox page is here, it might ask you to add a payment option and if you don't want to do that then do it on the console. If you do it via the site and it doesn't show up in your ready to install list then you'd need to switch to the US on your console and grab it from the US install list. Then just switch back to your country.

To switch on your console, go to Settings>System>Language & Location>Switch location to US>Restart Now.

Ok, that worked with the links provided, but it doesn't show in the ready to download list. If I set to the US, is there not a limit to how many times you can switch regions? Will I be stuck with a US based store for a while?

Vert boil

Ok, that worked with the links provided, but it doesn't show in the ready to download list. If I set to the US, is there not a limit to how many times you can switch regions? Will I be stuck with a US based store for a while?

Nahh, account region and store region are two separate things. I switch back and forth tens of times (on the site and console) a week without issue.

Vert boil

OK that worked. Thank you for that. I'm ok to change back now, he can still play it in the UK region?

Yep, you can switch back while it's still downloading (if it still is) and play it normally with your region set to the UK. Nothing else is needed, it'll update normally like every other game.

Thank you for your help.
Would this method work with purchasing from other stores, for instance the Hungarian store has PvZ2 deluxe for about £28 instead of our £60. So could I purchase from that store using a revolut card, change back to the UK with no problems?

Vert boil

Thank you for your help.
Would this method work with purchasing from other stores, for instance the Hungarian store has PvZ2 deluxe for about £28 instead of our £60. So could I purchase from that store using a revolut card, change back to the UK with no problems?

I don't know any specifics about the revolut card. They cracked down on using CC in other regions but using regional MS credit gift cards works. This thread is a better place to get a correct answer.

pitchfork

Just pre-ordered Rocket League - can't wait to finally play this with my xbox mates!

Gonna try and wrap up 'Unravel' this weekend (see what I did there) - brilliant game!

jesu

-----
It's the second anniversary for World of Tanks and some goodies are available.

Today (friday) you get Triple XP for your first win of the day for all your tanks.

2 Days of Premium (activates immediately, everything else can be stored and used any time)
2 Garage Slots
+2 Large Repair Kit
+2 Large first Aid Kit
+2 Automatic Fire Extinguisher
+2 10-octane Gasoline
+2 Extra Combat Rations
+2 Case of Cola
+2 Chocolate
+2 Pudding and Tea
+2 Onigiri
+2 Strong Coffee
+2 Improved Combat Rations
and 200,000 Silver.

I also receive 7 days of Premium, not sure if everyone gets it or I missed out on it during the first anniversary.

I just logged in to get the free stuff!
The 7 days premium is an anniversary gift you'll get every year on or around your anniversary it says in my messages.

Q for anyone with Marvel Puzzle Quest.
It has multiplayer but do people actually play it online?
I might get it now if so.

Vert boil

I just logged in to get the free stuff!
The 7 days premium is an anniversary gift you'll get every year on or around your anniversary it says in my messages.

Ahh cool.

Managed to reach my goal for the weekend early. Artillery was/is on sale this weekend so I was able to get my fourth piece of French Artillery for half the research points and grabbed the second Russian KV.

Vert boil

Killer Instinct Announcer "Ul-Ul-Ultra Shaaaaaaaaaamelist"

shameliste2o9w.png

RedStep

I can't wrap my brain around Marvel Puzzle Quest... I played PQ and PQ2 with no problems, and dabbled with the iOS version.

The XBO version seems horribly balanced - I'm not even out of the prologue and I'm having to do most battles multiple times to get through them. The fact that the in-game documentation is horrible is not helping.

My issues:

- Do the enemies not need to collect AP? It just goes up from the first turn without them making any matches. Then I get hit with Suppressing Fire every other turn, making my AP drop constantly.

- Do I really have to go back and manually replay earlier story missions if I want to level up characters? I've stuck mostly with 3 (Wolverine, Iron Man, Juggernaut) - they're about level 30 and still getting worked by Pyros etc in the Oscorp level.

- Doesn't that totally destroy the idea of having a team of characters if you have to never change them, lest they get destroyed in battle? I'd love to play with Thor, Doc Ock, etc but with 300 health they're dead in one hit.

It doesn't feel like they re-balanced it at all after removing the F2P elements. Now it's just a super-boring Puzzle Quest where I can't figure out how the hell to improve - nothing to buy, nothing to select, just retry retry retry until I get some good hits. Help is appreciated.

I can't wrap my brain around Marvel Puzzle Quest... I played PQ and PQ2 with no problems, and dabbled with the iOS version.

The XBO version seems horribly balanced - I'm not even out of the prologue and I'm having to do most battles multiple times to get through them. The fact that the in-game documentation is horrible is not helping.

My issues:

- Do the enemies not need to collect AP? It just goes up from the first turn without them making any matches. Then I get hit with Suppressing Fire every other turn, making my AP drop constantly.

- Do I really have to go back and manually replay earlier story missions if I want to level up characters? I've stuck mostly with 3 (Wolverine, Iron Man, Juggernaut) - they're about level 30 and still getting worked by Pyros etc in the Oscorp level.

- Doesn't that totally destroy the idea of having a team of characters if you have to never change them, lest they get destroyed in battle? I'd love to play with Thor, Doc Ock, etc but with 300 health they're dead in one hit.

It doesn't feel like they re-balanced it at all after removing the F2P elements. Now it's just a super-boring Puzzle Quest where I can't figure out how the hell to improve - nothing to buy, nothing to select, just retry retry retry until I get some good hits. Help is appreciated.

Hummm.....

I just finished the prologue and never had to repeat a battle. I am using Iron Man, Spider-man and Wolverine.

In the first battles the enemies do not many attacks but rather collect mana to add pieces in the board (that causes damages to you).

The best way to play the game is to collect the right mana color for your powers and unleash them very often. Iron Man has some incredible attacks, Spider-man has some stun capabilities that hold the enemies and some healing capabilities. Wolverine is good for low mana attacks that add pieces to the board. Basically you have to study what each character can do and use them. For instance, I found earlier in the game that Iron Man and Thor is not an useful combination, both use the same mana color.

Ah, another tip is to repeat the first battle (really quick, you can win with only one move) to get the comics covers. You win one per battle, and they increase the damage of the character power. The max number per character is 15, so in half an hour I was able to max out the powers of 3 characters.

RedStep

Ah, another tip is to repeat the first battle (really quick, you can win with only one move) to get the comics covers. You win one per battle, and they increase the damage of the character power. The max number per character is 15, so in half an hour I was able to max out the powers of 3 characters.

Maybe that's what I need to do - my characters can do okay damage (15-20) per piece but have no powers. I've only won each battle once and keep unlocking covers for people I can't use like Black Widow. My main ones only have 1-2 each. Thanks!

Maybe that's what I need to do - my characters can do okay damage (15-20) per piece but have no powers. I've only won each battle once and keep unlocking covers for people I can't use like Black Widow. My main ones only have 1-2 each. Thanks!

My main characters are doing 75 damage per piece, and Iron Man special attacks causes around 1400 and 900 damage per attack, pretty powerful. They are at level 70 if I remember well.

Black Widow is usefull for stealing enemies mana (after half the prologue they start to do that too).

Do not unlock many caracthers before you have 15 covers for at least 3 of them. It bevomes harder to get the right cover once you have mamy charactrs unlocked.

Special C

The living dungeon is fun but man is it completely vague on objectives. Usually only one person has to escape levels and it never tells you who. Now I'm on a mission where I have to "Reach the Control Crystal" but the game never let's me actually interact with ithe so I have no idea what to do. Fun concept but one of the most unpolished games I've ever played.

The living dungeon is fun but man is it completely vague on objectives. Usually only one person has to escape levels and it never tells you who. Now I'm on a mission where I have to "Reach the Control Crystal" but the game never let's me actually interact with ithe so I have no idea what to do. Fun concept but one of the most unpolished games I've ever played.

The 'back' button (w/e it's called now) shows objectives, although some are still vague.

I really like The Living Dungeon for what it tries to do. It's really unpolished, as you say, but I still enjoy it in bitesize pieces.

Special C

The 'back' button (w/e it's called now) shows objectives, although some are still vague.

I really like The Living Dungeon for what it tries to do. It's really unpolished, as you say, but I still enjoy it in bitesize pieces.

Yea, I know you can press back but it didn't help on the mission I was stuck on. Luckily I tweeted the developer and they replied with clarification.

I'm wondering if my Rocket League preload will unlock at midnight here in Australia?

Hope I don't have to wait!

ID@Xbox titles unlock at 12.01am GMT worldwide so I don't think it will unlock early unless they have changed the system recently which I'm pretty sure they havent

Montresor

Gone Home and A Boy and His Blob are too tempting.

Both are absolutely incredible. But both have wildly different value propositions.

Gone Home is $20 for 1-3 hours. Great game because it's atmospheric and subverts all your expectations. Solid exploration and story.

A Boy And His Blob is $10 for 80 levels (including challenge side rooms) and five boss fights. Nearly every level has several satisfying puzzles. The game could take as long as 20 hours to complete depending on your skill.

If you want a very very overpriced but still very fantastic, thought-provoking FPS mystery game, Gone Home is for you.

If you value a meaty puzzle-heavy 2d sidescroller with cute graphics, then A Boy And His Blob is for you.

zorbsie

Kind of want Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae. Seems like a mindless hack and slash. $12 is a descent price too. Any impressions on it yet?

Both are absolutely incredible. But both have wildly different value propositions.

Gone Home is $20 for 1-3 hours. Great game because it's atmospheric and subverts all your expectations. Solid exploration and story.

A Boy And His Blob is $10 for 80 levels (including challenge side rooms) and five boss fights. Nearly every level has several satisfying puzzles. The game could take as long as 20 hours to complete depending on your skill.

If you want a very very overpriced but still very fantastic, thought-provoking FPS mystery game, Gone Home is for you.

If you value a meaty puzzle-heavy 2d sidescroller with cute graphics, then A Boy And His Blob is for you.

Thanks

I've played through Gone Home before, on my friend's PC, and liked it. I was hoping it would come to consoles. The only thing I didn't like was the ending, to be honest, as it had amazing atmosphere.

I've also wanted to play A Boy and His Blob, but never took my chances to rent it for Wii, so it's something I look forward to playing. Twenty hours honestly worries me, though, because I have way too many games to get to and was hoping it'd be shorter.

Hopefully the puzzles aren't too hard. I'm not a big fan of those in games.

Top Bottom