• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

Released today,

Roblox - F2P, 255MB. US only
--400 Robux - 5$
--800 Robux - 10$
--1700 Robux - 20$
--4500 Robux - 50$
--10,000 Robux - 100$
--22,500 Robux - Two Hundred Dollars

Sparkle 2 - 8$ (6.79$ with gold), 241MB.
Trial available (No time limit, doesn't unlock achievements.)

DLC,

Pure Hold'em
--Paradise City Chip Set - 3$

Vert boil

I wonder how much you can do in Roblox without paying, looks like it's got easy achievements.

You can only play pre-build games atm on the xbox version, no creation options available. I didn't bother looking at the purchasable earlier. As for the achievements you can get them all without spending a penny. Only issue atm is that one of them seems to be glitched (Four's Company: Get into a ROBLOX Game with 3 of your Xbox friends!).

Not sure if it was just that the servers were being heavily taxed earlier but it took quite a while to pull down the content for each game. Of the games included I'd only go back and play the Tron shooter one and Bird Simulator. Everything else was a bit naff.

jond76

Banned
Thanks for the update. Let me know how these ones turn out in a week.

I would recommend the 500x. Sounds great, seems well built (no creaking), and totally wireless.

First test was with Battlefield 4, it was great.

Just be sure to update the firmware right when you get it.

Vert boil

Gunscape will be coming out March 2nd.

Site - Trailer

-----
Tron Run/r will be coming out Feb 16th, no public source yet but the price appears to be 20$.

Site (region locked) - Trailer

-----
Turns out there's a second currency in Roblox, Tickets, that you can earn from playing the games. Had enough to buy a Crow after leveling up my House Finch. For Bird Sim, the most expensive bird is 300 Tickets/1000R$ (+-10$) and the most expensive mode is 5 Tokens/15R$ (per bird purchase), cheapest bird is 10 Tickets/30R$.
If it was more fleshed out and they added romance dances, Bird Simulator would be something I'd buy.

I love that game. One of the best puzzle games on the system. I'm really glad it was ported to the ps4/XB1 gen because I never played this on PS3.

His next game (Volume) on PS4/PC is awesome, great to see how some developers grow, I hope it comes to Xbox One too so more people can play it

Montresor

Puzzle games have been incredible this gen (that includes point-and-clickers, Telltale titles, etc...). Thank goodness for the indie scene on XB1. Here's a list of what I've played so far (only on XB1):

Please keep in mind I game primarily on XB1 so I'm missing out on certain game-of-the-gen type games like The Witness, and there's also PC titles like The Talos Principle which I haven't played yet. Either way I think anyone who loves puzzle games is in good hands this gen...

Murdered Soul Suspect: 2.5/5 (mediocre but I enjoyed the playthrough - loved the ghost storylines)
Max: Curse of Brotherhood: 4.5/5 (excellent puzzle/platformer)
Valiant Hearts: 4/5 (heartwarming WW1 story)
Contrast: 3/5 (good but rough around the edges)
Stick It To The Man: 4/5 (doesn't have engaging puzzles but I loooooved the art style and premise)
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die: 5/5 (second best game of 2014 for me)
Flockers: 4/5 (one of the more pure puzzle games on the system)
Walking Dead S1: 5/5
Walking Dead S2: 4.5/5
Wolf Among Us: 5/5
Limbo: 5/5
Thomas Was Alone: 5/5
White Night: 5/5
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments: 4/5
Unmechanical: Extended Edition: 4/5
Lifeless Planet: 4/5
Pneuma Breath of Life: 4/5
Schrodinger's Cat and Raiders of the Lost Quark: 2/5 (not sure if this can be classified under puzzle, but I didn't like this game)
The Swapper: 4/5
Kalimba: 4/5
Lara Croft and Temple of Osiris: 4/5
Never Alone: 4/5
Beyond Eyes: 4/5 (admittedly this game is very barebones in terms of game play, but the story made me tear up)
Blues & Bullets: 2.5/5 (decent but very rough around the edges)
Submerged: 3.5/5 (loved the game's atmosphere, but the frame rate hurt my score)
The Bridge: 4.5/5
Whispering willows: 2.5/5
So Many Me: 5/5 (one of the best puzzle games I've ever played - so satisfying and I'm glad this was a GWG)
Life Is Strange: 5/5 (my GOTY for 2015)
Tales from the Borderlands: 3.5/5
Game of Thrones Telltale: 3.5/5
6180 the moon: 4/5
Three Fourths Home Extended Edition: 2/5 (I'm still glad I played this even though it was rough experience - game play was horrible but I ended up liking the meager story)
Minecraft Story Mode: 3.5/5
Cubot: 4/5
Brothers: 5/5
Gone Home: 4.5/5
Nero: 1/5
A Boy and His Blob: 4.5/5
Back to the Future: 3.5/5

Honourable Mention to Watch Dogs - this game got a lot of flack but it had so many awesome smartphone-related puzzles embedded in its open world. I gave this a 4.5/5 but it's really more of a standard openworld game so I didn't want to classify it in the above list.

ROBLOX achievements are easy, except there is one for playing 20 days in a row...I always find a way to forget or not be home on the 17th day or something on those types of achievements.

jhawk6

Anybody take the plunge on Living Dungeon? I'm intrigued to the point I think a single positive impression could cause me to pull the trigger. The Gold discount is nice too.

Anyone knows what happened to Gone Home? I was waiting for the end of the month to buy it, but now it is gone from marketplace. I can find it via search but there is no price, just "unavailable".

Anyone tried This War of Mine? I'm interested, but a little pricey at $30 when it's half that price on iOS... Should I just get it on iPad?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Anyone knows what happened to Gone Home? I was waiting for the end of the month to buy it, but now it is gone from marketplace. I can find it via search but there is no price, just "unavailable".

Same in spain but it was available to purchase days ago.Now is "GONE"

Vert boil

MS accidentally put the delayed EU/Aus release up for purchase then they pulled them. Not sure if Brazil and a few other places were part of the initial release alongside NA (which are still available) and are collateral damage or if they were mistakenly put up alongside EU/Aus and nuked as well. DGP is showing the EU/Aus prices so it can't be used as verifier.

MS accidentally put the delayed EU/Aus release up for purchase then they pulled them. Not sure if Brazil and a few other places were part of the initial release alongside NA (which are still available) and are collateral damage or if they were mistakenly put up alongside EU/Aus and nuked as well. DGP is showing the EU/Aus prices so it can't be used as verifier.

Brazil went up with EU/Aus versions, so it seems to be nuked together.... :(

Cross-post from another forum:

So I got The Living Dungeon. It was under a tenner, and I figure such games need supporting, as they bring a really different flavour to console gaming.

The game is absolutely a board game on a TV. You can see, right down to the terrain being 3x3 tiles, that it's based on a board game (that, oddly, has been preceded by its digital version, as I understand it).

Play revolves around a mission type: assassinate a target, escape the floor, etc. Each 'map' is formed of a number of 3x3 tiles. You move around these, fighting enemies and combating the DM's attempts to stop you. Where the game gets interesting is the way tiles flip and rotate. You can flip between 'room' and 'walkway' tiles, and, with a little judgement, can flip enemies into the void below, or open them up to the DM's own tricks. It's interesting. In this video, you can see how I get a 'Mechanical' character (one that is very good at manipulating the board, over combat and movement) out of a tricky spot using the tiles: http://xboxclips.com/RedSparrows/b49fe4a3-b73e-4ceb-b8e0-03a39ed870ce

I am happy to say that so far I do not regret that purchase. Here are my thoughts, in bullet point fashion:

Pluses:

+ Easy to understand, yet complex(ish) ruleset.
+ Tavern Mode (one of two ways of viewing a game) is pleasingly, and clichedly, pleasant.
+ Loads of options: lots of story 'missions', multiplayer, whilst local only (I think), can be used as a vs AI skirmish mode, or up to 9 people, on a variety of teams, in a variety of modes, can play.
+ DM role for AI or human, if you like.

Negatives:

- Low production values. It's rarely absolutely hideous (although is quite often ugly), but it's clearly a budget game.
- You know that trailer voice? He's in the game! Aiiii! As one of the characters. The voice acting is generally poor.
- The story is eh wha story? characterisation? wha? Eurgh
- So far, and *this may change* there are SOME unwinnable situations that SOMETIMES arise. I think there might be a mechanic to bypass these, from something I saw in the menus, but I'm only in mission 6 or something.

To summarise: it seems like a pretty cool boardgame, built on interesting rules. Where it falls down is in the digital elements: the graphics, VO, the shoe-horn story. That said, if you are (strongly) more about the mechanics than the window-dressing, and you like dungeon-y tactical turn-based type stuff, with obviously boardgame rules, this is a nice little surprise.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I went in circles thinking if I should buy FarCry4 for 24$. I ultimately decided that I'd rather buy Rocket League for that money later on.
Today someone told me that FarCry4 is 12€ (~13$) in the german store. I could not resist.

I can't believe there a D/Generation HD coming out, I really enjoyed that game on my cd-32 in them old days, was pretty tough at times too.

Cobalt looks so good. Not gonna bite until I finish two games. That's my current policy: no new games until you finish two of your backlog!

Child of Light and Cubot are the most likely candidates. CoL is glorious, I love it and can't think why I didn't play it properly sooner, and Cubot is a very nice game to put on for a few minutes to polish off a puzzle.

Then I have to continue with The Living Dungeon, finish Guacamelee, finish Castlestorm, finish Thief...

Can't be arsed to finish Black Flag though.

Oynox

The description of Cobalt says something about a "trial", so I guess a trial is incoming. Looking forward to that.

Tntnico

Cobalt looks so good. Not gonna bite until I finish two games. That's my current policy: no new games until you finish two of your backlog!

Lol, last year I did the 52 games GAF Challenge, and since my policy is : only play the games you want to play. So since January 1st, a played hundred of hours of Minecraft :D (and spent few hours in The Witness :D).

Really look forwards to what people think of Cobalt, I think I'll buy it this week end. And great news for SuperHOT in march !!

Vert boil

The description of Cobalt says something about a "trial", so I guess a trial is incoming. Looking forward to that.

Looks like they mistakenly used the translated German from the 360 demo for the German Xbox One store page. The english language version has different text.

360 demo text,
Shoot, roll, punch, and jump your way to slowmotion victory in this trial of Cobalt, an action platformer from Oxeye Game Studio. Get a taste of deathmatch, our speed and combat challenges, and even survival mode for exactly zero money! What a bargain.

Proper Xbox One text,
Shoot, roll, punch, and jump your way to slowmotion victory in Cobalt, an action platformer from Oxeye Game Studio. Take on the role of a mysterious cyborg stranded on an even more mysterious planet in our single player campaign, or play with friends in a wealth of coop and versus multiplayer modes. It's an incredible amount of fun. The game is localized in English, German, French, Italian and Spanish.

-----
Action Henk will be coming out 4th March.

Site - Trailer

Lol, last year I did the 52 games GAF Challenge, and since my policy is : only play the games you want to play. So since January 1st, a played hundred of hours of Minecraft :D (and spent few hours in The Witness :D).

Really look forwards to what people think of Cobalt, I think I'll buy it this week end. And great news for SuperHOT in march !!

I should add that I do only play games I want to: that's why I'm not finishing Assassin's Creed Black Flag - it's just not my thing!

The trouble is, I like so many games, even the janky ones like The Living Dungeon :(

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Looks like they mistakenly used the translated German from the 360 demo for the German Xbox One store page. The english language version has different text.

360 demo text,

Proper Xbox One text,

-----
Action Henk will be coming out 4th March.

Site - Trailer

So in the 360 have demo and the xbox one no?Why?

Oynox

It is especially stupid that those "try for free" games in the game list are separated from the "demo" category which makes it a pain to look for games you might try.

Top Bottom