• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

U2NUMB

Been waiting for months for Loeb Rally EVO to come out .. release date is today.. listed under new releases yet says Unavailable... come on MS get your shit together.

Alx

I bought he Rabbids Invasion game thanks to the Ubi sales... too bad I don't have kids, because the game design is quite good, but very simple. There is a naive pleasure of playing simple games like "spot a given object in the background by pointing at them" (oh, the car, there !).
The rabbids are still annoying though...

Vert boil

Released today,

Dungeon of the Endless - 10$, 922MB.

Joe Dever’s Lone Wolf - 15$, 3.13GB.

Shadow Complex Remastered - 15$, 1.76GB.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - 20$ (15$ with gold), 564MB.

Tetrobot and Co. - 8$, 573MB.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
PSA: Dungeon of the Endless (out today on xbox, $10) is currently free on iOS.
Edit: not anymore free but still on sale for $1.99 (normal price is $4.99)

Been waiting for months for Loeb Rally EVO to come out .. release date is today.. listed under new releases yet says Unavailable... come on MS get your shit together.

DiRT Rally is much, much better (haven't tested it on X1 tho), just putting this out there since it's coming in less than a month.

Ya never heard of Lone Wolf.

Also talk about stealth release for Shadow Complex haha. Disappointed there's no cheap upgrade option for 360 owners like Castle Crasher and Minecraft had.

U2NUMB

PSA: Dungeon of the Endless (out today on xbox, $10) is currently free on iOS.
Edit: not anymore free but still on sale for $1.99 (normal price is $4.99)

DiRT Rally is much, much better (haven't tested it on X1 tho), just putting this out there since it's coming in less than a month.

Yep I own DIRT Rally on PC and while I enjoy it and respect it I also do not have time to redo every track over and over till I pass... I Like a more casual take on Rally at this point in my life. With that being said I will no doubt buy DIRT Rally on my X1 as well..

I have put a ton of hours into WRC 5 as well.. I just like Rally games.

Bought Tembo on sale for $6 (ended up being only $1.29 after the credit I had on my account). Looks fun enough for that price. Any of you guys play it?

Has anyone noticed that Xbox Rewards started (again) giving out VIP rebates for purchases made with gift cards?

I make most XBL purchases with Xbox credit, so I got screwed when they changed this last year, but I'v now gotten payouts for PvZ:GW2 and Division: Gold Edition.

VLiberty

I don't know where to ask since there's no Xbox general thread and I don't think this is thread worthy, so I'll ask it here.

I'm using a 360 with external HDD as the main storage and no wifi, so I have to hook it on the monitor near the modem in order to use the online features. but since I'm having problems with he vga cable, I went back to the TV, but I can't connect it to the modem. I thought "whatever" but the system won't let me use my saves if I'm not connected...is this some sort of online check for external storage and is it mandatory or is there something I can do in order to use my account without being online?

edit: it seems it's not a general problem, it's just Halo 3(at least out of the games I own). It's a bummer I can't play with my saves if I'm not logged in... :/

zorbsie

Check to see that the save is actually on the console harddrive and not a cloud save. That might be the problem you are having. The game is looking for the cloud save and it's not there. See if you can transfer your cloud save to the harddrive.

U2NUMB

I can not believe we are on the third year of this gen and the X1 still has not been given a proper baseball game. Such a shame... Glad I have a PS4 for that reason alone but it makes me sad that no proper baseball game is on any other platform. This RBI crap annoys me..

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I can not believe we are on the third year of this gen and the X1 still has not been given a proper baseball game. Such a shame... Glad I have a PS4 for that reason alone but it makes me sad that no proper baseball game is on any other platform. This RBI crap annoys me..
I don't like watching baseball but I like playing it. If a good game was on PC or Xbone I'd probably get it, but yeah Sony has them on lock.

Which region?, can't see it on the UK store yet.

UK: I did it via the Xbox App rather than on console, if that makes any difference.

Related: last night I played PC Gigantic cross-platform with some Xbox chums. Worked really well, I like the option it provides.

That said, the Win 10 gaming UI needs a massive overhaul.

You need to use, at various times:

The Xbox App
The game itself (no Xbox overlay, which would fix so much)
The Win 10 store
The Action Centre, for notifications etc

Merge the first with the last two and put an overlay on the game and you might have something quite nice. I'd assume this is coming, as Steam is lightyears ahead of it atm.

VLiberty

Check to see that the save is actually on the console harddrive and not a cloud save. That might be the problem you are having. The game is looking for the cloud save and it's not there. See if you can transfer your cloud save to the harddrive.
I'm not a gold user so I can't use cloud saves

eastx

Not a fan of Super Mega Baseball? It's better than the RBI series.

Dice

I'm really tempted to get Halo 5, but I'm not sure if I'd really commit to the PvP enough to get my money's worth out of it.

Guerrilla

I'm really tempted to get Halo 5, but I'm not sure if I'd really commit to the PvP enough to get my money's worth out of it.

Get it, breakout is a blast and veeery easy to get into. On top of that there are a decent number of free updates regularly. Makes you come back. The single player is also really good. And don't forget the firefight update will come soon (of course also free since all dlc for h5 is free)

Halo 5 is brilliant. SP has some fantastic missions, and no real weak ones, and MP is superlative.

Yeah it has a few niggles, and I am a bit of a fanboy, but the game is top notch.

Word of warning though, MP can be hard and unforgiving.

I didn't think I'd play Halo 5 much either, but I fell in love with it. I got it as a gift, didn't play it for a while, and then really got into the multiplayer after beating the campaign. I'd never liked Halo multiplayer as much.

The campaign left a lot to be desired, though, as I hated the new enemies and it didn't click with me.

Montresor

Has anyone here played and liked 101 Ways To Die or Tetrobot And Co? They're two new puzzle games that came out recently. Both look like they're worth passing over. Just wanted to get thoughts from at least one GAF member.

Dice

Reading about Firefight PvE (I never had an Xbox before) pushed me over the edge on Halo 5. It's at 17% now but holy shit 70GB. Had to ditch Destiny for that. I also ended up ordering Gears Ultimate from Best Buy for $10 so that's another 44.5GB so Sherlock and Garden Warfare will be moving out as I have those on PC and will be getting my gaming desktop back soon.

Basically have all the hot ticket MS games now. But then coming up there is still KI Season 3, Quantum Break, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, Gigantic, Gears 4, ReCore, Cuphead, and Dragonborn. Then from 3rd parties Mirror's Edge, Deus Ex, Doom, Final Fantasy XV, Shantae Half Genie Hero, Might No.9, maybe Red Dead Revolver 2 if that rumor holds up... so many fucking games. And I still haven't touched GTA5, Fallout 4, Witcher 3, Rocket League, MKX, Guilty Gear Xrd, The Division, etc, etc.

I don't know about you all but I don't know how someone could be left thirsty for more games in today's industry. It's really insane how many good ones come out. I need to somehow make myself hate several genres to narrow my interests.

Edit: Goddamn it is downloading slowly. Coming around to 6 hours for 50%. My connection is definitely waaaaay better than that. MS severs pls...

Top Bottom