• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

eastx

But the video is from the pc version :(

That's because the Xbox One version isn't ready to play yet. But it certainly shows you what the game will look like. The Xbone version should look nicer too, since I had to turn the settings way down for my notebook to run the game.

How similar is this to The Long Dark?

Unfortunately I haven't played The Long Dark, but I don't think Kona has very deep survival mechanics.

Man FUCK the Dealer as the last boss in Hand of Fate. What the fuck were they thinking? Ugh, I really hate how you have to start the entire thing over again if you die. Just brutal especially considering all the curses you get in that instance.

Man FUCK the Dealer as the last boss in Hand of Fate. What the fuck were they thinking? Ugh, I really hate how you have to start the entire thing over again if you die. Just brutal especially considering all the curses you get in that instance.

I lucked out by getting a card that removed the curse, fucking ridiculous though really.

besiktas1

Reading about Firefight PvE (I never had an Xbox before) pushed me over the edge on Halo 5. It's at 17% now but holy shit 70GB. Had to ditch Destiny for that. I also ended up ordering Gears Ultimate from Best Buy for $10 so that's another 44.5GB so Sherlock and Garden Warfare will be moving out as I have those on PC and will be getting my gaming desktop back soon.

Basically have all the hot ticket MS games now. But then coming up there is still KI Season 3, Quantum Break, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, Gigantic, Gears 4, ReCore, Cuphead, and Dragonborn. Then from 3rd parties Mirror's Edge, Deus Ex, Doom, Final Fantasy XV, Shantae Half Genie Hero, Might No.9, maybe Red Dead Revolver 2 if that rumor holds up... so many fucking games. And I still haven't touched GTA5, Fallout 4, Witcher 3, Rocket League, MKX, Guilty Gear Xrd, The Division, etc, etc.

I don't know about you all but I don't know how someone could be left thirsty for more games in today's industry. It's really insane how many good ones come out. I need to somehow make myself hate several genres to narrow my interests.

Edit: Goddamn it is downloading slowly. Coming around to 6 hours for 50%. My connection is definitely waaaaay better than that. MS severs pls...

Any chance for you getting an external. Extremely easy to set up and that way you have much more space :)

m23

I see Wolf Among Us as free with Gold in the Gold members area, but when I click on the game, it shows full price. So GwG for next month?

TWAU is pretty good. A lot of the negatives for that season came from how long it took between episodes and how the series was actually hurt by the months between them. the game works great played through at all once though

Flux

Is Chivalry any good? Got enough foroom that or Powerstock golf.
If you have an itch for some competitive MP with a melee focus, its fun. Just be aware of the Euro-jank combat.

Powerstar Golf is probably still the best golf game on the console and its easy to pick up and play.

zorbsie

Chivalry is really good if you have another person to play with. It is both the most frustrating and amazing MP experience. Getting a kill and loping off an enemy's head is so satisfying. Having it happen to you hurts just as much. I've yelled out loud so much with this game for both good things and bad things. I found horde mode with a buddy is loads of fun.

Powerstar golf is also really good. Enjoyed my time with that one. Really should get back to it. Putting was always the thing that ruined me with that game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah the game is free but only with a couple characters and one course. Everything else is sold as piecemeal DLC or you can buy it then it unlocks everything.

Montresor

FINALLY. Telltale released the first 4 episodes in 2 months and then silence for almost 5 god damn months?

I have to stay strong and stop buying these episodic games until all episodes are released. That's what I hope to do with the Michonne game.

Chitown B

FINALLY. Telltale released the first 4 episodes in 2 months and then silence for almost 5 god damn months?

I have to stay strong and stop buying these episodic games until all episodes are released. That's what I hope to do with the Michonne game.

Michonne's 2nd ep is out in a week.

Vert boil

Released today,

Project Root - 1080¥, 921MB.
Japan only. New achievement list.

New Pre-order,

Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey Remastered - 10$
Site - Trailer

Montresor

Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek will be coming out April 8th, 10$.

Site - Trailer

From Artifex Mundi, the Nightmares From The Deep developers? Instant purchase on day one.

I recently got the 1000/1000 in Nightmares From The Deep. Loved the game. And now I'm playing through Clockwork Tales Of Glass And Ink. This is a damn good developer. I've played lots of puzzle games and point-and-click adventures before but I never played this "Hidden Object" genre and I'm really digging it.

Montresor

Clockwork Tales Of Glass And Ink looks so good compared to the first XB1 Artifex Mundi game, Nightmares From The Deep, it's almost like there's a generational gap between both titles. I loved Nightmares From The Deep but the game's environments do not come close to the beautiful environments of the sequel / successor Clockwork Tales.

Below is my favourite shot of the game so far. I'm also loving the German WW2-inspired setting - from the imposing Nazi-esque officers to some characters' half-German half-English dialogue. It makes me want to pull out Wolfenstein The Old Blood from my backlog for my next game.

ARGH stop saying these games are good!

I already want Flame in the Flood and a few others, and then QB, Pit People, Deus Ex all incoming... can't afford it!

danowat

Banned
If I like stuff like Binding of Isaac and Spelunky do you think I'd dig this one?

Hmmmm....maybe.

It's not as real time as those, but it's not really turn based (in the traditional sense), you don't have direct control over your squad, well, you do, but only to tell them where to go, they auto-fight any monsters in the room.

It's very strategic and it requires a fair bit of planning and fore thought, but you also need to think on your feet as things change pretty quickly.

I really like it (along with Ironcast, it's one of my favourite games of this year, even though they are both old PC games) shame there is no demo to try, but it's not expensive so maybe give it a punt, it's something pretty different in the console sphere, so that should be applauded.

VLiberty

If I subscribe to XBL Gold, can I use the trial month after the subscription lapses?

I have bought a 360 recently and I just found out that there's the free trial month, but at the same time there's an ongoing offer(might end up in a hour or so though) of a month of XBLG for 1€. I'd like to subscribe for 1€ and then use the trial next month, but I'm afraid I won't be able to do it

Top Bottom