• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

eastx

Crazy it took this long for Wayfoward to put their games on non Nintendo systems.

They've also self-published PlayStation games. Many WayForward-developed games are available on Xbox 360 and One as well, but all are published by other companies. WayForward definitely dragged their feet on self-publishing Xbox titles.

Vert boil

Released today,

The Walking Dead: Michonne: A Telltale Miniseries (eps 1-3) - 15$
Ep 1 available today, ep 2 in March and ep 3 in April. Doesn't look like you can buy the eps individually (might change *shrug*).

-----
Action Henk will be coming out March 4th, 15$.
There'll be a 30% discount for gold members.

Site - Trailer

Infinity Blade Saga will launch in China on March 3rd. It is not clear if it will be available worldwide in the same date or ever (achievements are in English which is a good sign).

Guerrilla

The Flame in the Flood looks gorgeous, why haven't I heard of this before? Devs are apparently ex AAA devs from Bungie, Harmonix and Irrational.

Any Gaf impressions?

Flame and flood looks gorgeous, anyone played it or know what it's like?

LOL looks like we are in the same boat here ;)

danowat

Banned
Any Gaf impressions?

LOL looks like we are in the same boat here ;)

Indeed it does!

Ok, I am confused, Flame and flood isn't an early access game on the XBO, but the version on Steam is early access.

So, the question is, does the XBO version differ from the steam version, or have the devs put the same (EA) version up on XBO?

Reagan Gorbachev has some cool elements, but it's frustratingly difficult/cheap. I'm not that far, either.

Looking forward to The Flame in the Flood as it looks beautiful. However, it being a rogue-lite worries me. I don't like the idea of roguelikes at all.

Vert boil

Indeed it does!

Ok, I am confused, Flame and flood isn't an early access game on the XBO, but the version on Steam is early access.

So, the question is, does the XBO version differ from the steam version, or have the devs put the same (EA) version up on XBO?

It's leaving Early Access today on Steam, they are adding the campaign and an easy mode today that weren't previously available in the EA version. Not sure if there'll be a way for kickstarter backers to access the bonus stuff they paid for in the Xbox version once they are added.

danowat

Banned
It's leaving Early Access today on Steam, they are adding the campaign and an easy mode today that weren't previously available in the EA version. Not sure if there'll be a way for kickstarter backers to access the bonus stuff they paid for in the Xbox version once they are added.

Ok, cool, so the XBO version has the campaign and easy mode then.....tempting......

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
So why do developers insist on keep making them?, I understand they must be cheaper to develop due to no AI or net code to worry about, but still.

A lot of these are student projects. Local multiplayer games are quite easy to program and teach the basics about client to client architecture.

zorbsie

Reagan Gorbachev has some cool elements, but it's frustratingly difficult/cheap. I'm not that far, either.

I was thinking of getting Reagan Gorbachev. Hearing that it's super hard is a bummer. You think it would be easier when played coop? That's how I think I'm going to play it.

...are there any sites that reliably and quickly review XBOX digital games? Between Flame & Flood, Regan & Gorbachev and even VHS Is Not Dead, I'm intrigued by all 3. Two of them in particular look like they could be gems or total duds and there's not much word of mouth out there.

danowat

Banned
...are there any sites that reliably and quickly review XBOX digital games? Between Flame & Flood, Regan & Gorbachev and even VHS Is Not Dead, I'm intrigued by all 3. Two of them in particular look like they could be gems or total duds and there's not much word of mouth out there.

My normal port of call is checking N4G they normally tend to have a handful of reviews from different sites for newer smaller releases.

Flame and flood appears to have solid reviews though.

My normal port of call is checking N4G they normally tend to have a handful of reviews from different sites for newer smaller releases.

Flame and flood appears to have solid reviews though.
Thanks! I've noticed a dramatic drop in the number of reviews for games coming out digitally on the smaller side of things. The marquee indie games are getting covered better than ever, but felt like IGN and such used to do a better job of reviewing most games released.

danowat

Banned
Thanks! I've noticed a dramatic drop in the number of reviews for games coming out digitally on the smaller side of things. The marquee indie games are getting covered better than ever, but felt like IGN and such used to do a better job of reviewing most games released.

There are probably just too many to keep up with these days.

You can also check if a game is also on Steam, as they will have reviews on there.

I reckon the marketplace should have user reviews on it too, like steam does.

I was thinking of getting Reagan Gorbachev. Hearing that it's super hard is a bummer. You think it would be easier when played coop? That's how I think I'm going to play it.

I would think so, yeah. But you'll still be in for some cheap deaths.

No Reviews for Flame in the Flood from the big sites like IGN?

Edit: GameInformer gives it a 9, looks good
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/t...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Steam version was still in Early Access today for some reason.

Forsythia

Nice bug in The Flame and the Flood: if your console is set to any other language than English, everything is in German. Jawohl!

I think I'll wait for the patch (which they're working on).

The Solus Project is interesting for sure, but man i don't like the terrible screen tearing and unstable framerate at all. They seem to be going with higher than 30fps, but i rather have them keep it 30fps and no screen tearing. You'd think it's a given this will be fixed in the final, but it's certainly not a given. Look at Layers of Fear for example, still a bad bad framerate and aliasing all over the place.

I am already stuck however. Where it says I have to light the torch but it's already lit, it shows a forward vector next to the spaceship thing, but I can't do anything there.

danowat

Banned
I am already stuck however. Where it says I have to light the torch but it's already lit, it shows a forward vector next to the spaceship thing, but I can't do anything there.

I had the same problem, you need to chuck your lit torch away and build a new one.

I checked back through the thread, but I can't find it, there was a link to a couple of sites with upcoming ID@Xbox release dates, can someone post it again please?

Alx

Any impression on Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae ?

The trailer made it look like a game with decent action gameplay but bland environments and cliché characters, and for a low price I was ready to give it a try. But the few gameplay videos I've watched weren't so convincing ...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Any impression on Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae ?

The trailer made it look like a game with decent action gameplay but bland environments and cliché characters, and for a low price I was ready to give it a try. But the few gameplay videos I've watched weren't so convincing ...

There's the GAF thread for the PC version: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=712444&page=3

I enjoy what I've played on PC: it's a game that spends it's time on what it finds most important, which is basically the combat. The game feels more and more complete as you start to fill in those skills, and each tree is well-developed enough so that you can work towards mastering what you enjoy most (be that counters, special attacks, AOE clearing, whatever.)

If not for JUST getting it with some bundle on PC a few weeks back, I'd have loved to get it on XB1.

Alx

There's the GAF thread for the PC version: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=712444&page=3

I enjoy what I've played on PC: it's a game that spends it's time on what it finds most important, which is basically the combat. The game feels more and more complete as you start to fill in those skills, and each tree is well-developed enough so that you can work towards mastering what you enjoy most (be that counters, special attacks, AOE clearing, whatever.)

If not for JUST getting it with some bundle on PC a few weeks back, I'd have loved to get it on XB1.

Thanks. If the gameplay is evolutive and deep, then I'll buy it. I guess all the videos I've watched were of people not having unlocked elements of the skill tree.

Vert boil

Announced dates so far,

1st Mar, Screencheat, 15$ (12$ with gold)
2nd Mar, Gunscape, 20$
3rd Mar, Infinity Blade Saga **Likely China only
4th Mar, Action Henk, 15$ (with a 30% discount for gold)
4th Mar, Ironcast
8th Mar, Rocket League: Batman vs Superman Batmobile, 2$
9th Mar, Teslagrad, 15$
11th Mar, Blast 'Em Bunnies, 5$
11th Mar, Cel Damage HD, 9$
11th Mar, MagNets: Fully Charged, 15$
11th Mar, Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
15th Mar, Sheltered (full release), 15$
16th Mar, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
16th Mar, Tetrobot and Co.
18th Mar, Spareware
29th Mar, Killer Instinct: Season 3
29th Mar, Resident Evil 6, 20$

Questionable dates,

1st Mar, Tron Run/r, 20$
24th Mar, 101 Ways to Die (likely coming on the 25th)

-----
Teslagrad will be coming out March 9th, 15$.

Site - Trailer

Montresor

I just beat Unravel. What a lovely, wonderful game. This is what you get when you take an indie dev and have them make a puzzle game backed by the might and wealth of EA. I hope so much that this game was successful. I loved the puzzles but its biggest strength was its beautiful vistas and setpieces.

Below are screenshots from my playthrough:

danowat

Banned
I brought Ironcast the other day on PS4, and I really like it, I notice it's coming to XBO tomorrow, but the store page is already showing a rating of only 2 stars?

Why (and how) are people rating it slow low when it ain't even out yet?

zorbsie

I brought Ironcast the other day on PS4, and I really like it, I notice it's coming to XBO tomorrow, but the store page is already showing a rating of only 2 stars?

Why (and how) are people rating it slow low when it ain't even out yet?

I thought you had to buy the item to rate it. Or did I just make that up? lol
I hate when that sort of thing happens. It could really hurt the game sales, especially with these smaller releases.

Gunscape looks cool. My kids watched the trailer and went nuts when they saw the dinosaurs. Any impressions on this game? Is it MP focused? Is it ok for a younger gamer?

You can vote on items that you don't own and even ones that aren't out yet if there's a store page up. At least with Ironcast, it's been out on PC for a long time.

Top Bottom