• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

Wasn't expecting anything from Tron Run/r but it's was okay from the 30 mins I played. Shame it's so bloody expensive.

Enigmatis trial is pretty long. The inclusion of picross puzzles was a very nice surprise
(plus the free 375gs)

-----
Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (F2P) has unlocked 26 of the characters until April 11th.

Warframe (F2P) received another update and to celebrate its third year they are giving away a rifle (plus the previous years freebies (dual sword and a pistol) if you haven't already grabbed them).
Available now, login between today and the 15th and they'll show up in your inbox.

Tron is cool. Seems OK for $20.

Was a little drunk when I bought it. Kind of regret the season pass the morning after, so hopefully it wasn't a waste of ten bucks.

Just got some email from MS with a code for 2 bucks. Its some "Best of 2015" promo. Anyone else got it? Check your emails/message box.

Tron sure is expensive! Has there been any other "runner" game that came out at such a price? So used to the cheapo mobile runners. New music by Moroder is a plus though.

Interested in the Pang game if its as good as the classic Mitchell games.

Montresor

Finished the 1000/1000 in Enigmatis and the 200/200 in Blues And Bullets Episode 2.

Enigmatis is excellent. It felt like it was much longer than Artifex Mundi's previous games, and it had many many more Hidden Object puzzles than I expected. Playing it on expert and avoiding the use of the Hint button as much as possible made it a great experience. Some of the puzzles were pretty challenging.

Blues And Bullets Episode 2 is like the first episode. Mediocre but worth a playthrough if you like the Telltale adventure style of game. The game mechanics and graphics are extremely rough around the edges. Feels like there is no polish. But the game's strengths are in its story and art style (which uses primarily grayscale with occasional splashes of red and orange).

I'd give Blues And Bullets Ep2 a 2.5/5, just like the first episode. Damn though - the story is some of the most fucked up stuff I've ever seen in a video game. I was reminded of the human trafficking in the Hostel movies. I hope this kind of shit isn't real...

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Blues And Bullets Episode 2 is like the first episode. Mediocre but worth a playthrough if you like the Telltale adventure style of game. The game mechanics and graphics are extremely rough around the edges. Feels like there is no polish. But the game's strengths are in its story and art style (which uses primarily grayscale with occasional splashes of red and orange).

I'd give Blues And Bullets Ep2 a 2.5/5, just like the first episode. Damn though - the story is some of the most fucked up stuff I've ever seen in a video game. I was reminded of the human trafficking in the Hostel movies. I hope this kind of shit isn't real...

The game is awesome especially the history is fucking bizarre and awesome.I finished the ep2 and i love it.

The website storeparser now have the 360 deals.

Montresor

The game is awesome especially the history is fucking bizarre and awesome.I finished the ep2 and i love it.

Yes I really liked the story in thus game. It's very dark/unsettling. There are really messed up villains in the game. The whole investigation scene near the beginning where you slowly start to piece together what's happening is great.

is the point and click annoying with a controller?

I've never had a problem with the pointer in any of Artifex Mundi's XB1 games, including Enigmatis. The pointer moves very quick. And if you want slow/precise movements you can use the right stick instead of the left stick (but that's usually no necessary).

Enigmatis trial is pretty long. The inclusion of picross puzzles was a very nice surprise.

There is on picross puzzle in Clockworks Tales too. I just finished it after playing Nightmares from the Deep and Enigmatis. The game is no near good as the other two. It is shorter, the story is clunky, and the puzzles are not as good. Plus most of the hidden objects scenes ask you to look for junk that do not even have names, just forms.

Nightmares is the one I liked most (a ghost pirate story, yeah), followed closed by Enigmatis (long fame with a good detective story, puzzles tie very well) and far bellow, Clockworks.

Vert boil

Released today,

Soda Drinker Pro - 10$, 5.51GB.

eastx

Released today,

I played a few minutes of the game. I think the joke is that it's as bad as possible on purpose. Like, the joke's on you, buyer. The deliberately bad visuals are fine (they even make Frizzy look good). But you walk frustratingly slowly and can't run or jump, which feels like a middle finger. Also, I have no idea what to do, but I 'll figure it out or look it up. Supposedly there's some big twist in the second level, if I can ever figure out how to get there.

Released today,

What is this!? Haha.

Snowrunner Productions is a full service publicity & marketing company. For the past 15 years, we have worked with a wide range of clients from startups to established businesses to Grammy-award winning artists to international government agencies. We love what we do and we are always working to get the best results possible for our clients.

From my quick Google search, Snowrunner aren't even a game developer. More of a marketing company... So what is this?

For the past 16 years Will Brierly has run Snowrunner Productions. He has worked with Grammy Award winning artists, Emmy Award winning TV shows, NY Times best selling authors, international government agencies, video games and more... He is also known for creating the first FPS (first person Soda drinking simulation) Soda Drinker Pro which has hundreds of thousands of players worldwide and has been featured on CNN, Mashable, Game Informer, Kotaku, Wall Street Journal and hundreds of other media outlets and has is enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of soda simulation enthusiasts worldwide.

Soda Drinker Pro is a video game that simulates the act of drinking soda. The game was written by Will Brierly. Soda Drinker Pro was developed over the course of one day in 2008.

eastx

Soda Drinker Pro must have been messing up the first time I played. My daughter played, and the level ended very quickly. You just drink all of your soda and automatically go to the next level. Each level is really fast and has unique, strange audio. I think the game's 5 GB size is mostly from the sound, because the graphics aren't exactly pushing the hardware. Other objectives include picking up floating soda cups and doing certain things in levels for Achievements.

It's a bizarre game, and does seem to be the produce of a young 20 year old who really thinks saying SODA a lot is the height of comedy. $10 is a bit much, but some folks will get some good mileage out of streaming this one.

So, for no reason at all I bought and played Soda Drinker Pro. If it was on the Indie section of the Xbox 360 for $1 it would be a joke game. In the Xbox One for $10 is like a crime. It is slow, painfull and with no purpose.

It must be an social experient or a try of how far Microsoft will let developers go to break their rules. Like paying for achievements, press A to get gamerscore. Soda Drinker is borderline that. For $10, get the game, tape the triggers of your controler and come back later for thr points.

Flux

So, for no reason at all I bought and played Soda Drinker Pro. If it was on the Indie section of the Xbox 360 for $1 it would be a joke game. In the Xbox One for $10 is like a crime. It is slow, painfull and with no purpose.

It must be an social experient or a try of how far Microsoft will let developers go to break their rules. Like paying for achievements, press A to get gamerscore. Soda Drinker is borderline that. For $10, get the game, tape the triggers of your controler and come back later for thr points.

It's testing the waters to let Quality Assurance slip to Steam Greenlight levels.

eastx

I played a few levels of Pang Adventures. The intro cinematic is kind of poorly directed, but otherwise the game looks pretty nice and has good music. Levels are replayable in story mode and have 3 optional objectives to complete such as not missing a shot. 2 other game modes can be unlocked too.

Shooting balls that split up into smaller balls until none are left is good, simple (but often challenging) fun. If you've played a Buster Bros/Pang game before, I think you'll like this one.

Forsythia

So where's Lichdom Battlemage? The store says it's released the 19th (today), but also that I've bough it the 21st of this month. What. And of course I can't play it.

Forsythia

Great, they changed the release date of Lichdom to the 22nd here in the Netherlands. I always love those last minute changes! /s

Seems like more and more releases these days just not ever being available in my country, they just come up "Page Not found" when I click on the links.

If MS ever block the changing region thing (like Nintendo did on the 3DS >_> sigh) well, I wont be playing many of the indie releases on Xbox One it seems.

Seems like more and more releases these days just not ever being available in my country, they just come up "Page Not found" when I click on the links.

If MS ever block the changing region thing (like Nintendo did on the 3DS >_> sigh) well, I wont be playing many of the indie releases on Xbox One it seems.
I believe NZ is fairly expensive to rate your game for, and likely not worth the return for most smaller Devs unfortunately.

Edit: yep, as explained here, NZ charges $2,000 for a rating which is pretty absurd IMO. Blame your governments rating board :p

http://www.gamedevblog.com/2014/07/making-a-shoestring-budget-game-for-the-xbox-one.html

Vert boil

Lumo, which was due April 22nd has been delayed. No new date has been given.

-----
Paranautical Activity will be coming out April 29th, 10$.

Site - Trailer

-----
Superhot will be coming out May 3rd, 25$.

Site - Trailer

-----
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth DLC, Afterbirth, will be coming out May 10th, 11$.

Site - Trailer

-----
GunWorld 2 will be coming out May 13th, 8$.

Trailer

anyone have the website link to that custom xbox 360/one store where you see all these latest updated games on sale? (not the official store obviously), had it bookmarked but i lost it :(

Top Bottom