• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Awesome stuff! Will be supporting you like I did last time.

Much appreciated, I hope you enjoy it!

"The sequel no one asked for to the game that nobody liked"

Haha awesome.

Yeah, listen, I'm not going to lie about it and pretend GunWorld was well received. I figured people would enjoy me being a little self-aware and tongue-in-cheek about why on Earth I decided to make a sequel.

I don't know if you can based on NDAs and such but how well did Gunworld 1 sell on Xbox One? If you can't say that can you at least say if it met any expectations you had?

Again, if you can't or don't want to elaborate then I TOTALLY understand, I just am really interested in how games are actually selling

I don't know if you can based on NDAs and such but how well did Gunworld 1 sell on Xbox One? If you can't say that can you at least say if it met any expectations you had?

Again, if you can't or don't want to elaborate then I TOTALLY understand, I just am really interested in how games are actually selling

I can't share specifics, but I can say it exceeded my expectations and it outsold the entirety of its time on Steam in one day on Xbox One.

From what I understand from talking with other indie devs though, Xbox One sales tend to be the weakest of any platform they support. It's not entirely console sales either, it's demographic. A couple of devs have told me their Wii U or 3DS games sell better than the same game on Xbox One, and that same game on PS4/Vita will blow away Xbox One sales.

Considering the Xbox One has (all things considered) a very large consumer base, I'd have to wager it has something to do with the majority of the Xbox audience being the wrong demographic for some of these indie games. Pixel art/retro games seem to be particularly torn apart by the vocal Xbox community in places outside GAF. An example would be Shovel Knight, which I believe sold worst on Xbox despite being adored and adopted highly on nearly every other platform. That said, my business overhead is very low considering I keep a home office and have no employees yet, so my humble success on Xbox One is actually really significant for me.

Im not entirely sure I can put myself through another GunWorld... not yet anyway. I had a rather abusive relationship with the first one, i'll see when it comes out

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Just wanna chime in that Pang Adventure is one of the best remakes / sequels to an old series I've felt in recent years. There's always something missing in things like this (Music feels wrong, backgrounds are poorly done, sound or timing is off, OR THEY NEVER COME OUT), but this hits all the proper notes that makes me feel like I'm playing Buster Bros. back in my old 90s arcades.

Local Co-Op has been great fun, the bosses feel like they fit the gameplay (even though they're new to the series), the difficulty / stage progression feels right, and the power-ups work with the proper mix of simplicity and usefulness. It's not bloating it with modern stuff for no reason, and it's got the proper personality that feels like it gets the old work, rather than trying to "improve" on it in improper ways.

Only at the 3rd world so far, but looking forward to the rest!

Im not entirely sure I can put myself through another GunWorld... not yet anyway. I had a rather abusive relationship with the first one, i'll see when it comes out

The game's difficulty has been toned down tremendously. The focus this time was to find a better balance between fun and challenge. The mechanics were completely re written too. Much faster, more responsive.

The most challenging parts of GunWorld 2 are actually optional. It was designed so that with enough dedication anybody should be able to beat the core story.

Vert boil

Released today,

Battle Worlds: Kronos - 20$, 2.43GB.

Elite Dangerous: Arena Edition - 7.50$
(Standalone version of the CQC (pvp) mode. You can play with people that own the full game.)

Party Hard - 13$ (11.69$ with gold), 1.32GB.

DLC,

Hitman
--Episode 2: Sapienza - 10$

King's Quest
--Chapter 3 - 10$

Pinball FX 2
--Aliens vs. Pinball - 10$

Rocket League
--NBA Flag pack - 2$
(the free hoops update should be live this evening)

The Walking Dead: Michonne
--Episode 3: What We Deserve - 5$

Vert boil

FYI for a pricing error Chapter 1 is free on X1 and Chapter 2 is free on 360 atm.

It's unlikely to be an error. When Chapter 2 was released they reduced the price of the first episode to 1$ on 360 and 1.50$ on One. Probably time limited but there doesn't appear to be a public press release yet.

I can't share specifics, but I can say it exceeded my expectations and it outsold the entirety of its time on Steam in one day on Xbox One.

From what I understand from talking with other indie devs though, Xbox One sales tend to be the weakest of any platform they support. It's not entirely console sales either, it's demographic. A couple of devs have told me their Wii U or 3DS games sell better than the same game on Xbox One, and that same game on PS4/Vita will blow away Xbox One sales.

Considering the Xbox One has (all things considered) a very large consumer base, I'd have to wager it has something to do with the majority of the Xbox audience being the wrong demographic for some of these indie games. Pixel art/retro games seem to be particularly torn apart by the vocal Xbox community in places outside GAF. An example would be Shovel Knight, which I believe sold worst on Xbox despite being adored and adopted highly on nearly every other platform. That said, my business overhead is very low considering I keep a home office and have no employees yet, so my humble success on Xbox One is actually really significant for me.

I feel like sales would be better on the Xbox One if games were released along side of the PS4 port. Look at Ollie Ollie. It got released on Xbox One during the same month its sequel was free PS+. It probably bombed as a result.

People know about these sorts of things.

eastx

Humm ok thanks for the info. I assume level cap and stuff for the free side.

As I understand, DC Universe is monetized like Elder Scrolls Online. The subscription gets you access to expansions and other bonuses. Without subscribing, you have to buy the expansions.

Regginator

sup guys. i redeemed an alan wake code through the xbox marketplace and it´s seems to have gone properly, but i can´t download it on my xbox. whenever i look up alan wake it doesn´t give me a notion to download it, only to pay for it. anyone knows how i can fix this?

RedStep

God sakes Party Hard's last level is glitches and unbeatable. Spent 2 hours trying to beat till I find I need one guyz

As a follow-up to anybody else with this problem, the DJ on the last level is often (always?) invisible. If you get down to 1 guy and can't find him, just walk behind the cop car / DJ booth and stab.

U2NUMB

sup guys. i redeemed an alan wake code through the xbox marketplace and it´s seems to have gone properly, but i can´t download it on my xbox. whenever i look up alan wake it doesn´t give me a notion to download it, only to pay for it. anyone knows how i can fix this?

Are you finding it at the end of your Library games? Should install from there without having to go store page if I remember right.

There is a "Labor Day" sale going on here (Brazil) which seems to be available to everyone (no gold need). It is on the dash since Friday and probably won't last longer than today. I am not sure if other markets got this sale too, but there are some great discounts. Got Hardline for a little more that $6.

NwKVDVC.jpg
1ePDbZQ.jpg
L77ypJQ.jpg

RedStep

There is a "Labor Day" sale going on here (Brazil) which seems to be available to everyone (no gold need). It is on the dash since Friday and probably won't last longer than today. I am not sure if other markets got this sale too, but there are some great discounts. Got Hardline for a little more that $6.

NwKVDVC.jpg
1ePDbZQ.jpg
L77ypJQ.jpg

Thanks! Picked up TrackMania for a little over $23

Top Bottom