• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Flux

Looking forward to SuperHot. It does seem to be a bit of a higher price point, but it really is a unique game.

Even cheaper than the $8 it is listed at? I'm already going to grab it but that is a great perk.

Not guaranteed yet, still working it out with ID@Xbox. But yeah, I'm exploring a discount of some sort either for the first weekend or the first week. The $7.99 price is the regular price, so I'm thinking something like knocking a few bucks off.

Vert boil

Released today,

Superhot - 25$ (22.50$ with gold), 4.23GB.

The Park - 13$ (11.69$ with gold), 6.14GB.

DLC bundle,

Pinball FX 2
--Star Wars Pinball Season 1 Bundle - 30$ (15$ with gold)
(13 tables)

PaulLFC

Good sale this week - bought quite a lot in the MS publisher sale.

FM5 Car Pass
Forza Horizon season pass (already had the rally expansion, but at this price I picked it up for the cars)
Powerstar Golf full unlock
Motocross Madness
D4

Annoyed that there's no sale on Halo Wars yet again though - pretty much every other MS published game seems to be on sale, including other Halo games. Wanted to pick it up now it's BC but nope - no sale.

Annoyed that there's no sale on Halo Wars yet again though - pretty much every other MS published game seems to be on sale, including other Halo games. Wanted to pick it up now it's BC but nope - no sale.

I think they are saving it to use as a preorder incentive for the new game.

speedomodel

Bought SO season pass and Superhot.

Tempted to grab Oxenfree, Party Hard, Forza Horizon and Three Fourths Home. Any input on these?

Flux

Tempted to grab Oxenfree, Party Hard, Forza Horizon and Three Fourths Home. Any input on these?

Forza Horizon is good, maybe go for the 2nd one since it only gets better. Don't have any suggestions for the others, I haven't played them yet. I was having too much fun in Sunset Overdrive.

Three Fourths Home is a Visual Novel, all you do is listening the story (like an audio book). The story ii good, I enjoyed it, but do not expect s game. There are no decidions to make on it, just follow the story.

speedomodel

Forza Horizon is good, maybe go for the 2nd one since it only gets better. Don't have any suggestions for the others, I haven't played them yet. I was having too much fun in Sunset Overdrive.
I have FH2 and absolutely love it, favorite racer in a LONG time, so that's why I have interest in the first. Feel like they are my type of racers.

Also, I feel it'll come to BC sooner with it being a MS title. Thanks!
Three Fourths Home is a Visual Novel, all you do is listening the story (like an audio book). The story ii good, I enjoyed it, but do not expect s game. There are no decidions to make on it, just follow the story.

Yeah, that's why I've held off, but the price is cheap for a relatively short and interesting 1000k. Thanks for the info, was worried story would suck

Is The Flame in the Flood a lot like Don't Starve? I thought Don't Starve was okay but couldn't really get into it for an extended amount of time so I don't want to drop the $15 if it's just something I'll play a handful of times and never touch again.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have a Sunset Overdrive disc, but I also got the digital version via GWG. If I install it with the disc, but then remove the disc, do you think I'll still be able to launch it, or will I just have to download the digital version even though there is no such separately listed thing?

I CAN REVEAL THE MYSTERY OF MIXED FORMAT DOUBLE DIPPING FOR YOU ALL

Ade

I have a Sunset Overdrive disc, but I also got the digital version via GWG. If I install it with the disc, but then remove the disc, do you think I'll still be able to launch it, or will I just have to download the digital version even though there is no such separately listed thing?

You can install from disc, then play without it as you've a digital license.

Yeah you can install a game from a disc then just use the digital version as normal. I've done it a few times

Vert boil

Cubikolor will be coming out May 20th (pre-order should be available this friday friday).

Site - Trailer

-----
Kick & Fennick will be coming out June 3rd.

Site - Trailer

-----
Dangerous Golf will be coming out June 3rd, they said 20$ when asked about price of twitter.

Site - Trailer

-----
OlliOlli2: XL Edition will be coming out May 24th, 15$.

Site - Trailer

Not a Hero: Super snazzy edition will be coming out May 24th, 13$.

Site - Trailer

Olli and Not a hero will also be available in a bundle, BunnyLord Pro Hater Pack, for 21$.

-----
Mimic Arena will be coming out May 18th.

Site - Trailer

Dice

Saints Row 4 seems more elaborate with its mission narratives but less robust with its open world characterization. SR3 seemed more like a world people live in and form gangs and do other stuff, but this seems like just a total chaotic mess of anything happening anywhere. In that, it is technically giving more freedom, but feels less meaningful. It's a kind of feeling I only really got before from Just Cause 2. It's an interesting thing to ponder, the importance of conveying real "territory" and how it connects to a meaningful sense cause and effect from your actions.

Doukou

Saints Row 4 seems more elaborate with its mission narratives but less robust with its open world characterization. SR3 seemed more like a world people live in and form gangs and do other stuff, but this seems like just a total chaotic mess of anything happening anywhere. In that, it is technically giving more freedom, but feels less meaningful. It's a kind of feeling I only really got before from Just Cause 2. It's an interesting thing to ponder, the importance of conveying real "territory" and how it connects to a meaningful sense cause and effect from your actions.

It's funny, the same exact things were said about SR3 compared to SR2. More elaborate missions but steelport was criticized for being lifeless. I agree with what your are saying, giving more freedom trivialized the open world to the point where you didn't feel like you were part of it, instead it was an obstacle.

Dice

It's funny, the same exact things were said about SR3 compared to SR2. More elaborate missions but steelport was criticized for being lifeless.
I only tried unmodded SR2 on PC which was apparently a huge mistake. I may still use the overhaul mod to try it out, but from what I saw the game was really technologically limited compared to SR3 so I don't know how that's really possible outside of some kind of societal uncanny valley effect.

Flux

I only tried unmodded SR2 on PC which was apparently a huge mistake. I may still use the overhaul mod to try it out, but from what I saw the game was really technologically limited compared to SR3 so I don't know how that's really possible outside of some kind of societal uncanny valley effect.

Isn't SR2 infamous for being one of the worst PC ports of all time?

I felt 3 had the most personality to it. 4 was more of the same. I never enjoyed 1 and 2.

Dice

This "waves of pixelation" thing to show the growing instability of the simulation is an interesting concept I guess but when the game isn't running native resolution to your monitor it looks like total crap. I have SR4 on PC as well so maybe I'll check it out when I move and pull my desktop out of storage.

Tntnico

Is The Flame in the Flood a lot like Don't Starve? I thought Don't Starve was okay but couldn't really get into it for an extended amount of time so I don't want to drop the $15 if it's just something I'll play a handful of times and never touch again.

Good question, I have the exact same "problem"

zorbsie

I'm using store parser to see deals. Those are the only ones I see for now. Maybe more will be available later. I don't know.

zorbsie

There's quite a few F2P titles now on Xbox. Would be strange if they only feature 3 games during this "fest".

They've already mentioned Smite etc elsewhere. I doubt it would be those three alone.

I had the same feeling as you guys. Maybe for NWN and Smite the price of money hasn't gone on sale, but the price of items in game has. That would explain why it doesn't show up in store parser. I'm just guessing though.

jond76

Banned
Some new sales I saw:

Advanced Warfare, $24

Elite Dangerous: $18.xx

Bought Elite... Damn it.

Some others I can't recall. On mobile.

zorbsie

Some new sales I saw:

Advanced Warfare, $24

Elite Dangerous: $18.xx

Bought Elite... Damn it.

Some others I can't recall. On mobile.

I really love Elite Dangerous. It's a total time sink, but there is something about it. I can't stop playing it. And Horizons should be out very soon for it on XB1. Good time to jump in.

Top Bottom