• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Nice to see Fenix Furia (previously Fenix Rage) is finally coming out, played it at gamescom 2014 and it was scratching a meat boy itch. I was on it for about a half hour.
Hope it still holds up.

Nice to see Fenix Furia (previously Fenix Rage) is finally coming out, played it at gamescom 2014 and it was scratching a meat boy itch. I was on it for about a half hour.
Hope it still holds up.
Fun story: they had to change the name because Bethesda threatened to sue them saying they owned the trademark to the video game title "Rage".

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I hate that they went back to the "be invaded if you're human" bullshit from DS1. That's the reason I was never human in DS1.
That was taken out of 2? Maybe I'd play that one, then.

I had a really terrible experience with DS1. I got lost and I was wandering around in sewers and weird underground tavern looking places looking for a new bonfire. I actually did better than I ever had before, and started into some areas that were too tough like a blue dragon land and a forest and was smart to turn back. Eventually the only way forward was past a giant rat boss, so I took him on and won. I was low on health searching around the new paths and finally saw a campfire, then got invaded just before I could get to it. The dude played like crap so I got like 20 hits in on him but they only made a scratch because he was a million levels ahead or something, then he one-shotted me with a poison knife. I had like 20x more souls than I ever had before since I was looking for a fire for hours. I tried to get back there and ended up getting cursed by some bugs that I never had an issue with before. Dropped the game then and there.

I can't support a game that rewards people who have no-lifed it for hundreds of hours (or are cheating) to pick on new players for no reason. That is not "punishing difficulty" or "exciting potential threat" and has jack shit to do with "rewarding smart and skillful play" it is just straight broken.

eastx

I can't support a game that rewards people who have no-lifed it for hundreds of hours (or are cheating) to pick on new players for no reason. That is not "punishing difficulty" or "exciting potential threat" and has jack shit to do with "rewarding smart and skillful play" it is just straight broken.

The threat of invasion does make the game more exciting and tense. I don't know how things work in the other games, but in Dark Souls 3 you only get invaded by people within a level range close to your own. If somebody does kill you, they can't kill you again since you won't be Embered any more. And if it really bugs you, just don't restore your Ember when you lose it. Setting a password might prevent invasions from others who don't know the password - I'm not sure.

Special C

You get way of the blue super early in DS3. I kept it equipped and every time I got invaded I had 2 blue sentinels or blades of the darkmoon to help me.

Vert boil

Released today,

Dead Island Definitive Edition - 20$, 6.96GB.

Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition - 20$, 6.79GB.

New DLC,

Hitman
--Episode 3: Marrakesh - 10$

TRON RUN/r Outlands Pack - 7$

New Bundle,

Dead Island Definitive Edition - 40$
(includes the two games plus a third game, Dead Island Retro Revenge, which will be available separately at a later date.)

Draw a Stickman: EPIC and Friend's Journey DLC - 13$

New Pre-orders,

7 Days to Die - 30$

Resident Evil 5 - 20$

Vert boil

Obliteracers will be coming out July 15th.

Site - Trailer

-----
Announced dates so far,

1st June, Fragments of Him, 10$.
1st June, TurnOn
3rd June, Among the Sleep
3rd June, Anima: Gate of Memories, 20$.
3rd June, Dangerous Golf, 20$.
3rd June, Daydreamer: Awakened Edition
3rd June, Elite Dangerous: Horizons Expansion/Season pass, 30$
3rd June, Hard Reset Redux, 20$.
3rd June, Kick & Fennick
7th June, Minecraft Story Mode: Episode 6
8th June, Color Symphony
8th June, Fenix Furia
8th June, HeartZ : Co-Hope Puzzles
8th June, In Between, 12$.
8th June, Neon Chrome
8th June, Soul Axiom, 20$.
10th June, Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride, 10$.
17th June, Bard's Gold
21st June, Deadlight: Director's Cut, 20$ (10$ if you own the 360 version).
21st June, Mighty No.9, 20$.
21st June, Pacman 256
24th June, Heart&Slash, 20$.
24th June, Kung-Fu for Kinect, 20$.
28th June, 7 Days to Die, 30$.
28th June, Full Mojo Rampage
28th June, Prison Architect (leaving Game Preview), 30$.
28th June, Resident Evil 5, 20$.

-----
APB isn't formally due for release today. They are doing a soft launch.

http://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/

eastx

Vert, if you don't mind some feedback, you should put the $ in front of the currency value, not after. I've never seen it reversed anywhere else and it's a bit confusing to see it the wrong way.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Vert, if you don't mind some feedback, you should put the $ in front of the currency value, not after. I've never seen it reversed anywhere else and it's a bit confusing to see it the wrong way.

For me is ok the way 10$ and not $10.

It depends on what country you're from. European countries will often have it after. Taking French immersion here in Canada I learnt to put it after, but when I switched to the English stream, I had to put it in front. Be thankful that Vert isn't using a decimal (edit: I mean comma) instead of a period (13,50$) -- I got a bunch of math answers wrong as a kid when I switched over.

Thanks for the summaries, Vert. IMO do it however you like.

zorbsie

Whats the word on Fragments of him. Looks like a game right up my alley. Might just pick it up regardless, good price.

EDIT: Seeing the 10$ reminds me of French class. It makes total sense. It's how you say it out loud. Ten dollars. Do what feels natural Vert, I'm sure we'll be able to figure it out. :)

It depends on what country you're from. European countries will often have it after. Taking French immersion here in Canada I learnt to put it after, but when I switched to the English stream, I had to put it in front. Be thankful that Vert isn't using a decimal instead of a period (13,50$) -- I got a bunch of math answers wrong as a kid when I switched over.

Thanks for the summaries, Vert. IMO do it however you like.

RedStep

Played some Dangerous Golf, not impressed so far (about 8 "holes" in). There are no velocity controls, no angle controls, nothing to add a little strategy. You point the camera in a direction and press "go" (flicking the left stick up in this case). It either gets a "Smashbreaker" or doesn't. If it doesn't, start over. If it does, you press B and then bounce around for a little bit breaking other things. Then you "putt" by aiming again and pressing forward again, then the level is over. You unlock other "holes" which are the same room but with different furnishings.

It feels like they spent 100% of their energy on cool destruction (which admittedly is cool) and 0% on making a game out of it. Burnout Crash in Kinect mode had more interaction than this one. I think it would be a fine pickup at $5, but $20 is hard to swallow.

Vert boil

Released today,

Among the Sleep - 15$, 2,68GB.

Anima: Gate of Memories - 20$, 4,71GB.

APB Reloaded - F2P, 9,7GB.
(Freely available now, "soft launch" for the next 30 days. Bonus ingame shizzle if you play during that period.)

Dangerous Golf - 20$, 5,7GB.

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition was announced but it didn't show up on other platforms this week. Probably best to not hold your breath.

Hard Reset Redux - 20$, 5,42GB.

Kick & Fennick - 15$ (10,50$ with gold), 3,25GB.

New DLC,

Elite Dangerous
--Horizons Season pass (Season 2) - 30$
--Horizons Extra Edition (SP + 1,500FP) - 45$

New Bundle,

Elite Dangerous: Commander Deluxe Edition - 60$
(base game plus Horizons (season 2))

New Pre-order,

Dex - 20$

-----
Oxenfree received a Title update that adds NG+ and some other stuff.

-----
HeartZ : Co-Hope Puzzles will be coming out June 8th.

Site - Trailer

-----
The Solus Project will likely be coming out of Game Preview later this month. When it does, the price will go up to 20$ (currently 15$).

U2NUMB

Busy day indeed... these $20 dollar games are killing me.. I can not buy them all. $10 is my price point I am happy to put towards a game without worrying about quality.

With that being said I may still have to bite on Dangerous Golf as it is by ex Criterion people.

Busy day indeed... these $20 dollar games are killing me.. I can not buy them all. $10 is my price point I am happy to put towards a game without worrying about quality.

With that being said I may still have to bite on Dangerous Golf as it is by ex Criterion people.
Yeah, I think I need to buy Dangerous Golf. It's just such a fun, dumb idea. I love games that let you break stuff.

Karak

Oxenfree is worth every damn minute put into it.

Man, Hard Reset looks like a blast, but haven't heard much on it. Will wait a bit and see reviews. Looks fun though.

Was not a huge fan. I did a review. Just doesn't bring forward the same feel as say Doom, Shadow Warrior and other games. Its chunky, the level design all over the place as is some of the music and sound work.

Montresor

So many games releasing I can't keep up with reviews lol :s

Exactly. -_- I need to know if the following games are any good:

Among The Sleep
Kick & Fennick
Fragments of Him
Turn On

Yep, for some reason I had that game and Agatha Christie on my radar for a long time. They both have the unfortunate combination of being vastly more expensive ($40/$50) and vastly less interesting than any other puzzle/adventure game on the market.

statham

Adams Adventure is a religious game, I enjoyed it on PC until it started hitting me with the religious topics. I bet P&C gamers will like it, if your religious.
edit: I have not played this game, I played Adam's Venture Chronicles

Montresor

I'd love to know what everyone thinks of the following games:

Soul Axiom
In Between
Among The Sleep
Fragments of Him
Turn On
Kick & Fennick
Deadlight Remastered
Dex
The Solus Project

There's barely anything on Metacritic for some of those games, and there aren't reviews for these games in the web sites some fellow GAFers in here run. But to be fair some of these games aren't released yet.

http://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-...urce=wc&_ga=1.141607857.2063545810.1462309287

http://www.xboxgamer.me/category/reviews/

Soul Axiom
In Between
Among The Sleep
Fragments of Him
Turn On
Kick & Fennick
Deadlight Remastered
Dex
The Solus Project

There's barely anything on Metacritic for some of those games, and there aren't reviews for these games in the web sites some fellow GAFers in here run. But to be fair some of these games aren't released yet.

http://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-...urce=wc&_ga=1.141607857.2063545810.1462309287

http://www.xboxgamer.me/category/reviews/
I currently have people reviewing In Between and Kick & Fennick, and will post the reviews when I can :)

We have been swamped though, and I bet many other smaller sites are too just due to the sheer volume of titles releasing lately :/

zorbsie

The Solus Project

Was going to buy this when it was on sale a few weeks ago. Played it for an hour. While I liked the concept and the ideas in the game. The execution was not good. I know it's not finished yet, but the framerate was really bad. So bad it ended up giving me a headache after an 45 minutes. Movement felt weird, not sure if it was the framerate or the actual camera movement. Inventory had issues and control scheme was off putting. Shame really, I wanted to like this game so badly.

Among The Sleep
Fragments of Him

Fragments of Him is essentially a visual novel. You interact with items in various small environments and hear narration from several characters. It's a 2-3 hour experience. A pretty good, touching story and the most mature treatment of sexuality I've seen in a videogame thus far.

Among the Sleep is a first-person exploration game with a bit of puzzle solving. If you're looking for a truly scary experience, this isn't it, but the subject matter does get a bit dark in the latter half. It's basically first-person exploration with a bit of puzzle solving and from a unique perspective. It's an approximately 3-4 hour experience. The performance was quite bad, with frequent hitches that somewhat ruin the mood. I didn't find it to be worth the asking price, personally.

Montresor

Was going to buy this when it was on sale a few weeks ago. Played it for an hour. While I liked the concept and the ideas in the game. The execution was not good. I know it's not finished yet, but the framerate was really bad. So bad it ended up giving me a headache after an 45 minutes. Movement felt weird, not sure if it was the framerate or the actual camera movement. Inventory had issues and control scheme was off putting. Shame really, I wanted to like this game so badly.

Ah that sounds like a shame. I looked through your tag and saw you played Submerged. I kinda liked Submerged but in some instances its frame rate did give me a headache too.

Fragments of Him is essentially a visual novel. You interact with items in various small environments and hear narration from several characters. It's a 2-3 hour experience. A pretty good, touching story and the most mature treatment of sexuality I've seen in a videogame thus far.

Among the Sleep is a first-person exploration game with a bit of puzzle solving. If you're looking for a truly scary experience, this isn't it, but the subject matter does get a bit dark in the latter half. It's basically first-person exploration with a bit of puzzle solving and from a unique perspective. It's an approximately 3-4 hour experience. The performance was quite bad, with frequent hitches that somewhat ruin the mood. I didn't find it to be worth the asking price, personally.

That sounds like a promising endorsement for Fragments Of Him. Shame about the performance in Among The Sleep but I love the idea behind that game.

An Xbox-centric site seems to have ratings for most of the games I mentioned. I'll still look forward to windowscentral and xboxgamer.me reviews but I'm glad to see these ones for now:

Soul Axiom: 4.5/10: http://www.icxm.net/x/soul-axiom-xbox-one-review-jennifer.html
Among The Sleep: 8/10: http://www.icxm.net/x/among-the-sleep-review-icxm-net-dreyer.html
Kick & Fennick: 5/10: http://www.icxm.net/x/review-kick-and-fennick-lewis.html
In Between: 10/10: http://www.icxm.net/x/in-between-review-june-2-2016-icxm-net.html
Fragments of Him: 9.5/10: http://www.icxm.net/x/fragments-of-him-review-icxm-net-june-3-2016.html
TurnOn: 8/10: http://www.icxm.net/x/fragments-of-him-review-icxm-net-june-3-2016.html

Top Bottom