• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

Released today,

Inside - 20$, 2.31GB.

Lost Sea - 15$, 1.06GB.

The Magic Circle: Gold Edition - 20$ (17$ with gold), 1.82GB.

New Pre-order,

Kyub - 20$ (15$ with gold)

Super Mutant Alien Assault - 10$ (8$ with gold)

----------
You can sign up for the Pit People closed beta here. Starts in August.

-----
Cast Of The Seven Godsends Redux wil be coming out July 20th.

Site - Trailer (original release)

Holy shit does Hawken have a lot of screentearing. I can't be the only one noticing that. Not only during gameplay but pretty much almost everywhere. In the intro movie and so on.

jond76

Banned
Holy shit does Hawken have a lot of screentearing. I can't be the only one noticing that. Not only during gameplay but pretty much almost everywhere. In the intro movie and so on.

At least you can play it. I queued it up on smartglass but it didn't install. Now on the Xbox store page the install button is there, just greyed out.

Montresor

Alright so this weekend I knocked out 4 games from my backlog. Feels so good.

*Goat Simulator: 0.5/5

I got the original 1000/1000 in Goat Simulator last month when it was GWG. I decided to buy the new $10 DLC to complete the full 2000/2000 (new DLC achievements were added). The Goats/Zombie mode just broke all my spirit/enthusiasm for this game. I could not take anymore of the glitchy, unfun stuff here. I ended up getting 1940/2000 gamerscore, and I'm done now heh - the game is uninstalled for good.

*Rocket League: 4/5

Great game, fantastic polish, but I'm kind of tired of playing this game now. I have 1150/1200 gamerscore. Only achievements I have left are related to certified items, but I can't muster any more enthusiasm to play more Soccer/Soccar. I put in about 30 hours so far, and I think I'm done. I'm very very glad I bought this game and played it but it's not something that I feel like playing for 20 or so more hours for those certified item achievements.

*Teslagrad: 4/5

Great game. Dice (Neogaf member) implied in this thread that Teslagrad may be too linear to be considered a Metroidvania game. I still think it's fair to use the term Metroidvania. This game is really like a Metroidvania title that involves purely puzzle solving to get from room to room. The only time you battle anyone is when you have a boss fight. The game has wonderful art style, animations, and puzzle rooms. And I really loved the level structure, the way you start at the bottom of the tower and slowly work your way up as you solve various puzzles. And certain areas are blocked off until you find particular powersups, just like a Metroidvania game. I just got the special ending (for beating the game with all collectibles) and I was mezmerized - the special ending, along with the beautiful music, really had an impact on me. The only reason I don't give this game a higher score is because the map is really, really weak (there's no tracking on the map, and sometimes it's really hard to tell what room you're in) and the trial-and-error game play against boss fights can be aggravating.

*Inside: 5/5

This is without a doubt my game of the year for 2016 - it knocks off Quantum Break for me. Every single room in this game seems like it was meticulously crafted with a specific purpose in mind. The game's atmosphere, sound design, and tension are top notch. The world building and storytelling, all delivered to the player without any dialogue, is exquisite. Limbo is to Inside like Super Mario World is to Mario 64, like Link to the Past is to Ocarina of Time - not in the sense that Inside is a three-D game, but for me, there truly feels like there is a generational gap in every conceivable category. Level design, puzzle design, sound design, story, atmosphere, world building, character animations, heck even the colour palette in this game grew up significantly. We went from black/white in Limbo to a game that, while still predominantly grey, splashes in yellow, red, blue, etc... in rare, but very impactful doses.

jond76

Banned
Same. That's my mentality with all games. Seeing the unfinished version of something ruins my impression of it. That said, I'm there day 1 for Behemoth.

I just beat Battleblock Theater for the second time (first was a couple of years back) with my 4 year old son. I did not realize that the end of that ties in directly to Pit People in randomly hilarious way.

Vert boil

Announced dates so far,

8th July, Dex, 20$.
12th July, Anarcute, 15$.
12th July, Song of the Deep
12th July, Super Mutant Alien Assault, 10$ (8$ with gold).
13th July, FRU
13th, Kyub, 20$ (15$ with gold).
13th, Pharaonic, 16$.
13th July, Rivals of Aether (joining Game Preview)
13th July, Videoball, 10$.
15th July, MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore, 30$.
15th July, Obliteracers
15th July, Reversi Quest, 15$.
15th July, The Solus Project (leaving Game Preview), 20$ (currently 15$ during GP).
16th July, Tumblestone, 20$ (GwG title).
19th July, 10 Second Ninja X
20th July, Cast Of The Seven Godsends Redux
26th July, We Happy Few (joining Game Preview)

speedomodel

So maybe a stupid question but:

Regarding ARK, I played it originally when it went Game Preview for...a few hours over a few play throughs. Had fun, but the whole "survival start with nothing and slowly create until you have weapons" is a tad frustrating for me when I can only play for 30 minutes or so at a time (have a baby boy). Is there a mode where you don't have to start from square one? Just curious. Still probably going to dive into the survival mode but not for several several months.

flkraven

So maybe a stupid question but:

Regarding ARK, I played it originally when it went Game Preview for...a few hours over a few play throughs. Had fun, but the whole "survival start with nothing and slowly create until you have weapons" is a tad frustrating for me when I can only play for 30 minutes or so at a time (have a baby boy). Is there a mode where you don't have to start from square one? Just curious. Still probably going to dive into the survival mode but not for several several months.

Like minecraft, you can create your own local world and you can just dial up the settings where you want to. You can make it so when you grab 1 bush you get like 150 fiber and level 2 times. In 30 minutes you could probably have a decent base and be level 20, and since it's local you can jump back in later. The only downside is you lose the dog-eat-dog element of Ark that draws so many people to it, but if you are looking for a more solo, refined experience then this is it.

Likewise, they are releasing a stand alone game that was modded off of Ark. I believe it's free to play, and it's basically just the Hunger Games in the Ark world.

LNBL

Have har an Xbox one since release, never actually pre-ordered anything digitally. Couldn't find the Xenoverse 2 pre-order while searching for it, how much time before release does it usually take for it to become available for pre-order? Are also all games available for pre-order?

Thanks!

speedomodel

Like minecraft, you can create your own local world and you can just dial up the settings where you want to. You can make it so when you grab 1 bush you get like 150 fiber and level 2 times. In 30 minutes you could probably have a decent base and be level 20, and since it's local you can jump back in later. The only downside is you lose the dog-eat-dog element of Ark that draws so many people to it, but if you are looking for a more solo, refined experience then this is it.

Likewise, they are releasing a stand alone game that was modded off of Ark. I believe it's free to play, and it's basically just the Hunger Games in the Ark world.

I appreciate it! Sounds like I should grab it, the solo stuff appeals to me for sure. Had some fun when I did it a bit, but was hoping for something like you described and the menus/interface were a bit rough back then.

thanks again!

Hey, now you can set the language of the dash independentely from the country! I.e. country = Germany, language = English. When did it happen?

U2NUMB

Hey, now you can set the language of the dash independentely from the country! I.e. country = Germany, language = English. When did it happen?

I know it was in the preview update before E3... guessing it rolled out to everyone. Good stuff for those that want it for sure.

Vert boil

Released today,

19qqs9s.png
2009kskk.png

Fru - 10.04$ (might raise to 15$ at some point), 1.57GB.

Kyub - 20$, 1GB.
(60 min trial, unlocks achievements.)

Pharaonic - 16$, 1.4GB.

Rivals of Aether (Game Preview) - 15$, 177MB.
(30 min trial.)

Snooker Nation Championship (Game Preview) - 6$, 1.78GB.
(60 min trial, unlocks achievements.)

The Solus Project (Full Release) - 15$ (will raise to 20$ at some point), 8.44GB.

Videoball - 10$, 313MB.

New DLC,

Pure Hold'em
--Steampunk Card Deck - 2$

New Pre-order,

Cast of the Seven Godsends - Redux - 7$, 1.27GB.
(30 min trial, achievements aren't live yet so bugger knows.)

Man, I was so hyped for Rivals of Aether. The two player online kind of killed it for me though. I hope by some miracle they implement four player online at some point.

danowat

Banned
Divinity is $15 on sale for deal with gold. Worth it?

In short, yes.

In more depth, if you like turn based RPG party (as in you have a party of characters, not a party game) games, definitely, the first few hours are a little ploddy while you are in "detective mode", but it's a great game, bloody bargain for $15 if you ask me.

Chitown B

In short, yes.

In more depth, if you like turn based RPG party (as in you have a party of characters, not a party game) games, definitely, the first few hours are a little ploddy while you are in "detective mode", but it's a great game, bloody bargain for $15 if you ask me.

Thanks! Picked up for $15 because I like RPG's and Polygon gave it a 9.5

Top Bottom