• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

maxcriden

Sales start on Tuesday.

There very few non-Gold sales, usually publisher sales, and they will be marked as so.

Thank you. It's strange to me that non-Gold sales are rare. Like with PS+, you get access to almost every sale. (And then Nintendo has no equivalent so no sales are locked out, except I guess recently MyNintendo has sales but that's rare so far and also free to join.) Ah well. Thanks for the info.

maxcriden

You do get access to every sale as a Gold member. I r confused.

Sorry, poor wording on ny part. I meant even with most sales you have access to greater discounts with if you have PS+, non-PS+ users such as myself still have access to the same sales, just at less of a discount. And most sales don't offer any additional PS+ discount, and are open to everyone.

Sorry, poor wording on ny part. I meant even with most sales you have access to greater discounts with if you have PS+, non-PS+ users such as myself still have access to the same sales, just at less of a discount. And most sales don't offer any additional PS+ discount, and are open to everyone.

Ah yah. All the big sales on Xbox work like this, but the weekly 'Deals with Gold' are for Gold only.

speedomodel

Anyone else getting the impression Hyper Light Drifter isn't coming out tomorrow? Seems to be no info and no achievements have showed up...very odd

Welcome to the Xbox club, Max!

maxcriden

Ah yah. All the big sales on Xbox work like this, but the weekly 'Deals with Gold' are for Gold only.

Those big sales are pretty rare, though, right? Like that recent "ultimate sale" or whatever it was called? Thanks. :)

Welcome to the Xbox club, Max!

Thanks man. I hope to join y'all soon. As soon as Amazon sends my XB. Which I don't know at this point if they really will be doing since it seems like they're not restocking the Gears bundle I got as part of the Prime Day DOTD, but we shall see....

Those big sales are pretty rare, though, right? Like that recent "ultimate sale" or whatever it was called? Thanks. :)

I think there is a big sales every 3 months that are opened to everyone and with deeper discounts for gokd members. And the big one at the end of the year.

Plus there are random publisher sales now and then.

Vert boil

Released today,

Dungeon Punks - 15$, 757MB.

Hyper Light Drifter - 15$ (will rise to 20$ at some point), 1.24GB.

We Happy Few (Game Preview) - 30$, 2.74GB.

DLC,

Minecraft Story Mode
--Episode 7 - 5$

Ein Bear

Can't wait to get home from work tonight and try out Hyper Light Drifter. Been looking forward to this one for a while.

Vert boil

So, we happy few. Should I wait for the full game I go for this? Whats in this game preview?

Steam FAQ,
Why Early Access?
“Because the game is not finished yet, and we need your help!

Since March 2015, we have been building We Happy Few openly with our community. First at PAX East, then with our Kickstarter pre-alpha players, and soon on Early Access. However, this is a fully 3D procedural world, intended to be played over and over again, with multiple playstyles, and with multiple characters. We need solid feedback to make sure that we create the best game we can, and we think Early Access is the best way to do that.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“Between six and twelve months.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“The game's story, apart from certain moments, will not be included in the Early Access version of the game. By "the story" we mean the narrative areas, gameplay and cutscenes that make up a traditional single player story.
We will also be developing the various game modes and difficulties throughout Early Access, and may not have all options available until final release. We will also be iterating on the game with community, including a couple of major updates that will add to the design, so the features listed on this page may change.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“The Early Access version will be mostly feature complete, at an alpha level. You can fight, conform, hide, and escape the islands (although to start, we will only have access to 3/5 islands). There is a lot of content still to be created, including more islands, encounters, NPC behaviours, gameplay features, and a proper final challenge/ending, and a large amount of work to do on balance and polish.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“Yes, the price will be lower during Early Access.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“We'll be reviewing community feedback on both the Steam and our Compulsion Games forums, sending out surveys, and doing our best to incorporate the feedback into updated builds. We're aiming to send out updates every month, with the idea that they'll both address community feedback and add new content to play. If you want to look at our track record, feel free to look at the Compulsion Games forums or the weekly updates we have been posting since June 2015.”

Hyper Light Drifter showing as 15.99 on the console store but I've just grabbed it for £11.99 through the web store. Not sure why there is a difference in pricing.

Vert boil

Hyper Light Drifter showing as 15.99 on the console store but I've just grabbed it for £11.99 through the web store. Not sure why there is a difference in pricing.

Looks like they added a 25% discount after it was made available this morning. If you bought it at full price contact support for a rebate.

Sooo, not sure if I should make a thread for this, but 0715_testXboxGame 2 and 3 both appeared on my installing queue.

They have a very testish logo (two red circles and a green cross), and when I try to open any of them the splash screen is a picture of an YouTube video for outlook on ios,but they fail to open as if I didn't owned them.

Edit: On the game hub page there's a subtitle: Flight one.

Edit2: Phil (spencer owns the Game 2, but not 3).

Edit: They opened now, just a blank canvas and the edge cursor (thought it seems much faster here).

I'm starting to guess this is just some uwa someone uploaded tobtry messing people's head XD dunno why it appeared in my install list though.

speedomodel

Sooo, not sure if I should make a thread for this, but 0715_testXboxGame 2 and 3 both appeared on my installing queue.

They have a very testish logo (two red circles and a green cross), and when I try to open any of them the splash screen is a picture of an YouTube video for outlook on ios,but they fail to open as if I didn't owned them.

Edit: On the game hub page there's a subtitle: Flight one.

Edit2: Phil (spencer owns the Game 2, but not 3).

Edit: They opened now, just a blank canvas and the edge cursor (thought it seems much faster here).

I'm starting to guess this is just some uwa someone uploaded tobtry messing people's head XD dunno why it appeared in my install list though.
Mike Ybarra says it's a bug on an app.

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/758102636805578752

Vert boil

4006ns1v.png
6uos88.png
▢
350cbson.png
227asoy.png
▢
The Bee levels in Tumblestone can go fuck themselves. (ノ °益°)ノ 彡
75pvs66.png
▢

Okay, these are getting weird, I need to figure out what's going on...
Ahh, I see how you are supposed to order things.

*two puzzles later*
mustard31yy6.gif

Vert boil

Announced dates so far,
2nd Aug, Batman The Telltale Series: Episode 1
2nd Aug, Battleship
2nd Aug, Layers of Fear: Inheritance, 5$.
2nd Aug, Risk: Urban Assault
3rd Aug, Happy Dungeon, F2P.
3rd Aug, Overcooked, 17$ (13.59$ with gold).
5th Aug, Cannon Brawl, 10$.
9th Aug, Uno
16th Aug, Grow Up
23rd Aug, Metrico+, 14$.
23rd Aug, Worms W.M.D., 30$.
24th Aug, Valley
30th Aug, Resident Evil 4, 20$.
30th Aug, The Final Station
30th Aug, The Turing Test, 20$.
30th Aug, Verdun
31st Aug, Shiny

Unconfirmed dates,
1st Aug, Dead Island Retro Revenge, 5$.
10th Aug, Anode

Summer Spotlight stuff that should plop between Aug/Early Sept,
(Livelock has already been delayed)
Don't Starve: Shipwrecked, 5$. (proper release)
Kingdom: New Lands
Lies of Astaroth (likely F2P)
Prominence Poker (likely F2P)
Slime Rancher

Dead Island Retro Revenge seems to be out now. Watching some of the videos on the store page, it's apparently an auto-runner with vertical movement. Kind of a bummer, I though it would be like Streets of Rage or Final Fight.

Montresor

Telltale season passes used to give you a discount. But just like with Minecraft, it appears the season pass cost is equivalent to buying each episode individually.

There is no benefit to me if I buy that season pass today.

I will continue to play Telltale games but I am amazed at what a bad company they have become, in terms of consumer relations (with bugs, game pricing, etc...).

Deals of the week and Bethesda publisher sale is up on Major Nelson's blog.
https://majornelson.com/2016/08/01/...d-and-spotlight-sale-bethesda-publisher-sale/

It says Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is 50% off, but it's actually 75% off. Not sure which it's supposed to be, but I grabbed it now since it's only $5.

Shit I better grab that before they raise the price.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is now $10, so the $5 price point was an error.

Top Bottom