• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

eastx

Sorry. I saw the thread about the new trailer and it mentioned Xbox One.

So Double Fine is skipping Xbox this gen?

I spoke to Tim Schafer about this in person last year. Sony's indie outreach has been really strong this generation. It often includes timed exclusivity agreements. With Double Fine, he didn't mention the specific incentives, but they could include funding or marketing and promotion.

Double Fine is still bringing some of its games to Xbox One, but Sony seems to have first right of refusal or simply continually makes offers for Double Fine titles.

Vert boil

Released today,

MX vs ATV Supercross Encore - 30$, 13.77GB.

RevErsi Quest - 15$, 276MB.
(30 min trial available, unlocks achievements.)

The World 2: Hunting Boss - 5$, 1.17GB.
iOS gameplay

New Bundle,

Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey/ Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition/ Paranautical Activity Bundle - 25$

-----
The achievements for The Solus Project are live now.

-----
Action News Heroes will be coming out July 27th, 10$.

Site - Trailer

Vert boil

Overcooked will be coming out Aug 3rd, 17$.

Site - Trailer

-----
Earthlock: Festival of Magic will be coming out Sept 1st.

Site - Trailer

-----
And if anyone else had wondering why Tumblestone is 25$ everywhere else and only 20$ Xbox. Arcade mode will be dlc that will cost 5$.

I think Van Helsing had day one DLC too, but those new classes had always been DLC on Steam too.

I know it's "only" $5, but there's definitely something off-putting about them splitting part of a GwG out so they can charge for it.

Vert boil

Ahh yes, the two classes for Van Helsing.

I can't decide which is worse, only giving the first episode of The Raven away or deliberately cutting out a mode just because the game is a GwG title. Both go against the spirit of the program. Hopefully another lesson will be learnt.

pitchfork

Spent a couple of hours on Tumblestone earlier..

Its a decent and genuinely challenging take on the 'Match 3' genre

Got some maddening difficulty spikes though!

Also FYI for anyone who plays Gems of War...there's a free $10 souls and gold pack available for download for this weeks deals with gold...gives you 50 gold keys and 1000 souls. Pretty awesome

Delryk

Also FYI for anyone who plays Gems of War...there's a free $10 souls and gold pack available for download for this weeks deals with gold...gives you 50 gold keys and 1000 souls. Pretty awesome

Loved that game.... dropped it when after i got all achievos though. wonder they changed a lot

Vert boil

Released today,

10 Second Ninja X - 6$ (will raise to 10$ in a fortnight), 414MB.

Sword Coast Legends - 20$, 14.67GB.

New DLC,

Don't Starve
--Shipwrecked Console Edition - 5$

Rocket League
--Aftershock - 2$
--Esper - 2$
--Marauder - 2$
--Masamune - 2$

-----
Skyling: Garden Defense is now available in the UK.

-----
Minecraft Story Mode: Episode 7 will be coming out 26th July.
The first episode is free for the next 10 days on win 10 (I had to switch to the US region for the offer to appear).

-----
Episode 1 of the Telltale Batman game will be coming out Aug 2nd.

Site - Trailer

-----
Battleship will be coming out August 2nd.

Site

-----
Uno will be coming out August 9th.

Site

Vert boil

Both Cast of the Seven Godsends and Maldita Castilla EX look like games relevant to my interests, cool!

Why can't games like that get the launched on GWG treatment again!

Montresor

Yup I usually don't complain about GWG games I have no interest in - normally the GWG is "objectively good" on some level and is simply in a genre I don't care about it. Like Banner Saga 2. Or Rainbow Six Vegas.

But Tumbelstone seems like a huge piece of unsavoury shit. Terrible un-fun looking game with day-one mode DLC.

danowat

Banned
While I don't approve of the day 1 DLC for it, Tumblestone is actually good.

Must be a grower then, because I played the first 3 levels and thought it was pap, there are better free mobile apps.

The addition of day 1 DLC is just the final kick in the balls.

I've have never complained about GwG offerings (even Van Heilsing), but they were scrapping the bottom of the barrel with Tumblestone IMO.

RedStep

Must be a grower then, because I played the first 3 levels and thought it was pap, there are better free mobile apps.

I enjoyed the ~20 minutes I spent with Tumblestone, but I have no desire to play it again. It's a free browser or mobile game with absolutely nothing added to it - you just match 3 things, over and over, hundreds of times. The fact that it was clearly designed for a vertical mobile screen and takes up a whole 8 inches of horizontal playspace is just the cherry on top.

It's a decent $1 game. No idea why they think it's worth $25. Doesn't even have cool physics animations, which I was expecting with a name like Tumblestone.

Vert boil

You guys shouldn't write off Tumblestone. There are many things that are wrong with the release but the game itself isn't one of them. It's a very solid and smart puzzle game that can be quite thrilling. Give it another try in a month/year when you get an itch for a puzzler.

And just in case peeps missed the news, Life is Strange Episode 1 is now free. 360:One.

jesu

I enjoyed the ~20 minutes I spent with Tumblestone, but I have no desire to play it again. It's a free browser or mobile game with absolutely nothing added to it - you just match 3 things, over and over, hundreds of times. The fact that it was clearly designed for a vertical mobile screen and takes up a whole 8 inches of vertical playspace is just the cherry on top.

It's a decent $1 game. No idea why they think it's worth $25. Doesn't even have cool physics animations, which I was expecting with a name like Tumblestone.

I like it single player but it is much better in multiplayer.
Gets quite tense when racing against other people.

danowat

Banned
You guys shouldn't write off Tumblestone. There are many things that are wrong with the release but the game itself isn't one of them. It's a very solid and smart puzzle game that can be quite thrilling. Give it another try in a month/year when you get an itch for a puzzler.

Do the mechanics change during the game?, if so I might give it another chance, as the first few levels were just a very simplistic version of puzzle bobble.

eastx

Do the mechanics change during the game?, if so I might give it another chance, as the first few levels were just a very simplistic version of puzzle bobble.

One big difference between Tumblestone and Puzzle Bobble is that the order in which you clear the colors actually affects whether or not you can complete the puzzle. It gets much harder to finish a puzzle without thinking ahead and/or having to retry the puzzle (or do like I do and force close the game to avoid an XP penalty).

I'm only 15 levels in (and have also done some multiplayer), so I don't know if the game introduces new mechanics later on. But the fact that the puzzles are actual puzzles and not just clearing colors certainly adds depth and challenge.

Vert boil

It's the same match three all the way through, eastx pointed out the ordered nature of the boards. Modifiers are introduced during the second set of levels that make puzzling out the solution harder. The first is a blocking stone that changes stance (starts out blocking a column then goes transparent) with ever block you remove. More will be introduced as you progress and they'll be combined so you'll have to contend with the blocking stones plus columns inverting after every set of stones have been matched.

Not sure if the multiplayer modifiers will show up in SP, my favourite so far is the one where you select two stones at once. You have to be thinking about six stones instead of three during the first half of the puzzle then you can start switching the order up by taking advantage of columns with only one stone left so you only have to deal with three stones every few sets.

Montresor

Thank you. I'm new to the ecosystem. Where can I find them?

I have honestly found it easier to check Vert Boil's posts to find new sales than going to any other web site or console UI.

For 360 weekly sales, Vert Boil will post here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=493651&page=159

For XB1 weekly sales, Vert Boil will post here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1049667&page=11

To answer your question, on the XB1 UI there is a tile on the main Home part of the dashboard that shows the deals. Near the top right of the screen.

danowat

Banned

maxcriden

I have honestly found it easier to check Vert Boil's posts to find new sales than going to any other web site or console UI.

For 360 weekly sales, Vert Boil will post here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=493651&page=159

For XB1 weekly sales, Vert Boil will post here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1049667&page=11

To answer your question, on the XB1 UI there is a tile on the main Home part of the dashboard that shows the deals. Near the top right of the screen.

Easiest way is to use Storeparser, http://www.storeparser.com/en-GB/xbox-one/price-changes/

Or keep an eye on https://majornelson.com/ on a Tuesday, as above, there is a small tile on the dashboard, and there is also a page on xbox.com http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/promotions/sales/sales-and-specials?xr=shellnav and http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/deals-with-gold?xr=shellnav.

Thanks very much. But, you need Gold to take advantage of any weekly sales?

Top Bottom