• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
For someone who loved Full Spectrum Warrion on the original Xbox, is Breach & Clear a good alternative?

The original breach and clear is more approximate to the full spectrum warriors games to this sequel because of the zombies.But it's enjoyable.

Montresor

I just snagged Overcooked. New game, has a gold-discount at launch. I love that the new OS shows how many days are remaining for the gold discount. Hopefully I enjoy the local co-op. Reminds me Order Up To Go from iOS which I really enjoyed.

And I just got The Park on sale, finally.

There's a new game called Dreamals: Dream Quest - a new puzzle game which looks pretty neat. The game unfortunately has pretty ugly backgrounds, but the main characters are really cute and I like the puzzle mechanics in the storefront trailer.

Montresor

Overcooked is amazing lol. It's so chaotic and fun. I had a blast playing it in local co-op with my brother.

That's a fantastic purchase there. The game has really soothing/relaxing music and a great art style and visuals. Frame rate is a bit low in the overworld but that's not a big deal. Trying to quickly finish each customer's food order is really fun. You gotta think with your partner and make sure the ingredients are chopped and collected on time, that food doesn't get overcooked, and that the damn dishes get washed too.

The characters you unlock are soooo cute. I like that after every two or three levels we'd always unlock a new character: fuzzy car, fat lady, raccoon on a wheelchair, etc...

Ein Bear

I could never get into Dishonoured. The game wanted you to be stealthy, but gave you all these really cool offensive magic powers at the same time. I just felt like I was playing the game 'wrong' no matter what I did.

I could never get into Dishonoured. The game wanted you to be stealthy, but gave you all these really cool offensive magic powers at the same time. I just felt like I was playing the game 'wrong' no matter what I did.

Same here. I quit once I got to the big walker dudes that kill you in a second. I was enjoying it enough (despite feeling like I was playing wrong) up until that point.

flkraven

I think the game was made for multiple playthroughs with multiple playstyles in mind (atleast that's how the achievements are structured). However, I do feel that you could play stealthy by creatively using your powers.

On my playthrough I was playing stealth and had one of my most memorable moments in gaming. Mission spoilers:
It's the party section where everyone is wearing their masks and you blend right in. Investigated every room, found a way to not have to kill my target (there was an escape boat in the basement for the nokill strat). Found my target having a one on one conversation with someone in a room to the side alone. I stood behind my target just as the conversation ended. The other person turned around. I immediately froze time, knocked her out, grabbed her, and blinked across the house through several groups of people and down into the basement. Once I unfroze time, no one knew anything had happened. Incredible feeling.

Any info on the release date for Human: Fall Flat? Saw it's out on Steam already but can't find a release date anywhere online for the Xbox version.

Vert boil

Released today,

Cannon Brawl - 10$, 537MB.

New Pre-order,

Momentum - 10$
(Site - Trailer)

zorbsie

Picked up The Fall today. Not sure when it went on sale but it was $1.50 - 85% off. Wanted to get this when it came out but was busy with other games and forgot about it. Looking forward to digging in to this one.

Montresor

I got the 1000/1000 in The Park over the weekend.

Initially, I did not like the game at all. I really hated the beginning of the game, which takes place primarily in
the amusement park, which is quite boring to navigate. You're very slow, and there's not much to do. The atmosphere on the park rides was pretty neat (especially the flying cars and swan ride). But I never really felt scared in that wide open park area

The game did not start to click for me until the last act, once you enter
the house of horrors after getting a flashlight. Further on the game starts repeating the same five rooms over and over again: kitchen, living room, hallway, bedroom, hallway, and then rinse and repeat. Each iteration/trip kept getting progressively trippier/darker/scarier. I made sure to read the back of every single textbook/hardcover while going through the iterations. It was neat seeing how they changed again and again

If I was only rating the first half of the game, I'd give it a 1.5/5 because how boring it was. But that last part was pretty god damn compelling. I'll give the game a 3/5 overall.

Montresor

I wish I listened to zorbsie lol...

Started The Solus Project and I'm regretting that decision. For some reason I thought this game would be a purely narrative experience. But it has survival elements (keeping temperature in check, eating food, drinking water).

Looks like there is a difficulty slider so I'll just knock that down to the lowest amount.

Zorbsie was criticizing the game's frame rate which is definitely damn bad. Lots of stutter. I find it tolerable though. The game looks beautiful and has surprisingly good production values. I just wasn't expecting a survival game.

I'm going to give it a chance.

Has anyone beaten Solus Project start to finish on Neogaf? Any tips for achievements and the game in general?

Flux

Started The Solus Project and I'm regretting that decision. For some reason I thought this game would be a purely narrative experience. But it has survival elements (keeping temperature in check, eating food, drinking water).

Looks like there is a difficulty slider so I'll just knock that down to the lowest amount.

Zorbsie was criticizing the game's frame rate which is definitely damn bad. Lots of stutter. I find it tolerable though. The game looks beautiful and has surprisingly good production values. I just wasn't expecting a survival game.

Has anyone beaten Solus Project start to finish on Neogaf? Any tips for achievements and the game in general?
Nope have not sorry. My only advice if you are set on playing it is to not go for a completion and aim for the best possible finish. If it's that bad, it's not worth the time.

Strider finally on a 'can't resist must grab it' sale this week! :D I swear I'll scream though if it goes GWG next month after I've been waiting all this time for it to do so lol. >_<

zorbsie

I wish that game had an easy mode. That way you can just take in the sights and not constantly worry about the survival stuff, which doesn't appeal to me at all. Just seems like plate spinning all dolled up. The Long Dark does this nicely. Hopefully We Happy Few does something similar. It would greatly help that game.

speedomodel

I put the Solus Project difficulty to the lowest and am having a blast. No worries about food etc. Only thing is I did wander around in the snow for a LONG time and noticed my temperature had finally started to get low. So I found a cave and rested, all good.

Love the game, not sure how far I am but my one BIG issues is the odd pointed achievements. Almost all are like 33 and it fucks up my shit haha Oh well

Montresor

Nope have not sorry. My only advice if you are set on playing it is to not go for a completion and aim for the best possible finish. If it's that bad, it's not worth the time.

That's what I'm what I'm probably going to do - aim to beat it. But to be honest I'll try to aim for a gamerscore that ends in five or zero haha (since the game has many 23-g achievements). :p

I wish that game had an easy mode. That way you can just take in the sights and not constantly worry about the survival stuff, which doesn't appeal to me at all. Just seems like plate spinning all dolled up. The Long Dark does this nicely. Hopefully We Happy Few does something similar. It would greatly help that game.

I put the Solus Project difficulty to the lowest and am having a blast. No worries about food etc. Only thing is I did wander around in the snow for a LONG time and noticed my temperature had finally started to get low. So I found a cave and rested, all good.

Love the game, not sure how far I am but my one BIG issues is the odd pointed achievements. Almost all are like 33 and it fucks up my shit haha Oh well

Well zorbs it does have a difficulty slider that you can set all the way down to Easy. I chose the Easy difficulty, not sure if that by default moves the difficulty slider all the way to the left. I'll make sure it does next time I play.

I'm still concerned with temp/food/water but speedomodel's post gives me a little more confidence to try to get into the game again.

U2NUMB

I am right there with you guys... I much prefer experiencing a cool world and story on my own pace rather than have to worry about surviving. I hate that new trend in games...

So if it is true you can set the difficulty to easy and not worry about those sorts of things I am all over this game.

zorbsie

Well zorbs it does have a difficulty slider that you can set all the way down to Easy. I chose the Easy difficulty, not sure if that by default moves the difficulty slider all the way to the left. I'll make sure it does next time I play.

I'm still concerned with temp/food/water but speedomodel's post gives me a little more confidence to try to get into the game again.

Yeah, now I'm thinking maybe I should give it another try. I don't know how I missed that. lol I'll wait for some more of your feedback and go from there.

I am right there with you guys... I much prefer experiencing a cool world and story on my own pace rather than have to worry about surviving. I hate that new trend in games...

So if it is true you can set the difficulty to easy and not worry about those sorts of things I am all over this game.
That's my thinking on these games. I want to soak in the environments the team built. I don't want to be hunting for shelter/food/water when I'm 3/4 of the way to my objective. I don't find any of that stuff fun.

speedomodel

Seriously guys, give it another go. I have been using food for health when I fall and that's it. Not "survival" game at all, more exploring and enjoying the world. It's awesome.

statham

bought RE0 and RE1 for $24, seems like a good deal plus all the outfits for RE0(but how do you change outfits?) &even with alt controls, they still seem weird. I'll have to adjust alot.

U2NUMB

Oh shit I like games like Momentum... anyone pick it up yet? Curious how it plays. I will later when I get home if nobody else has.

Vert boil

Gross, they've started redirecting links to individual games/items away from xbox.com to the windows store.

Always have problems logging in to the windows store with Cyberfox, never on xbox.com.
This is gonna screw me over at some point. [/moan]

Top Bottom