• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

purg3

slept with Malkin
You got a PM :) Just get the IMG Tags around the images pls.

Thread is up!

Also on my previous post about purchasing Outlast with $15 credit and difference on CC, it works fine with other games but won't give me that option with this, is it because it just came out, or an actual issue with the store?

Sagitario

Off-topic question regarding the X360 marketplace (I don't think this deserves its own thread and there isn't any recent X360 one).
I have enough balance to purchase a game [from the points -> real currency conversion], yet the store asks me for a credit card whenever I try to use the web marketplace to purchase something.
Do any of you know why? I won't put my CC info and I can't use my current balance :|

Lima

Off-topic question regarding the X360 marketplace (I don't think this deserves its own thread and there isn't any recent X360 one).
I have enough balance to purchase a game [from the points -> real currency conversion], yet the store asks me for a credit card whenever I try to use the web marketplace to purchase something.
Do any of you know why? I won't put my CC info and I can't use my current balance :|

You need to do it on the console. Ever since the conversion you can't buy stuff on xbox.com for the 360 with MS account money.

Sagitario

You need to do it on the console. Ever since the conversion you can't buy stuff on xbox.com for the 360 with MS account money.
Seriously? That sucks. Is this only for converted money or is the web marketplace CC exclusive now? What about gift cards?

Lima

Seriously? That sucks. Is this only for converted money or is the web marketplace CC exclusive now? What about gift cards?

You can only buy stuff from the 360 web marketplace with CC and PayPal. Gift cards are added to your MS account funds.

SegaShack

Awesome news about SSSP, grabbing it for sure.

Thank you very much, that means a lot! We are trying to start getting content up there on a regular basis, have lots of stuff in the pipeline :)

Just bought the game recently and loved it. Looking forward to what is coming out on your site.

Just bought the game recently and loved it. Looking forward to what is coming out on your site.

SSSP isn't a hugely time demanding game that requires a lot of time played for a review, so I am working on the review as we speak. If you can't tell from me gushing about it on the forums already, the review write-up will be extremely positive. Regarding the site, we do a lot of Youtube video via our Youtube channel as well, I stream games over twitch occasionally, and we have some cool community pieces coming soon, as well as a podcast :)

:).

enewtabie

SSSP is an excellent game. I played it for hours last night and if you like Geometery Wars then you must purchase it. It's only 5 bucks. Thats less than a burger. I got 750/1000 on the Achievements. Sadly there were only 2 friends (e and an idupload guy)
playing it and I'm not sure how he got such a high score.

In other words, buy SSSP.

Finished Ryse,
what a wonderful and fun game. Ill give it a 8. Repetitive yeah but addtictive. Brillaint game that ill recommend to anybody for 20$

enewtabie

That's a good deal, a bit off topic but are their used games complete and in generally good condition? Never purchased a game from them, but that's a hard deal to pass up.

In great condition with codes included. The boxes are brand new opened and stored. You'll be surprised by the condition.

purg3

slept with Malkin
In great condition with codes included. The boxes are brand new opened and stored. You'll be surprised by the condition.

Awesome, ordering now. I've been waiting for it to get cheap. Looks like this is a better deal than waiting for a digital sale. And I doubt it will be free through GWG any time soon.

That's a good deal, a bit off topic but are their used games complete and in generally good condition? Never purchased a game from them, but that's a hard deal to pass up.

I've gotten pretty much like new games from them before, but as you can expect, some games may have changed hands a lot and might be a little rough. I've never had any issues with their discs though.

Ryse was 20$ at Target in Canada. My 1st buy after getting the xbone for 280$ frpom Amazon and it was a great game. I sold it back for 30$

Should I pick-up UFC or just play wii-u ( backlog on that console) and w8 for NHL-FIFA-DESTINY...

How is Max the Brotherhood...played level 1 and it was quite fun and well done for a platformer...

Anybody know if MS is going to have a crazy summer sale like they did last year?

Don't know, I'm not sure they considering it might make Deals with Gold a bit bare?

Ive finished updating the OP btw, new pictures for games coming soon (big list at the moment although when "coming soon" is I couldn't tell you) and added the E3 announcements

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Can I ask in here how on earth you set the Xbox up to play with a friend that doesn't have a gamertag? I don't want them saving over my game, but it was making 'misterklaw(1)' and they could see my save games.

Hatchtag

Banned
So Sabrewulf is $1. I don't play KI but I bought him anyways. I don't know what I'm doing with my life.

Tempted to purchase it, but do the other characters go on sale often? It seems like a good deal, but if the other characters never go on sale, it's still cheaper to just get the combo breaker pack.

SegaShack

SSSP isn't a hugely time demanding game that requires a lot of time played for a review, so I am working on the review as we speak. If you can't tell from me gushing about it on the forums already, the review write-up will be extremely positive. Regarding the site, we do a lot of Youtube video via our Youtube channel as well, I stream games over twitch occasionally, and we have some cool community pieces coming soon, as well as a podcast :)

:).

Was referring to 1001 Spikes :).

What is your youtube and twitch channel?

Hubble

Awesome, ordering now. I've been waiting for it to get cheap. Looks like this is a better deal than waiting for a digital sale. And I doubt it will be free through GWG any time soon.

Yeah, awesome condition by titles bought from Gamefly. Was really surprised by it.

How is Max the Brotherhood...played level 1 and it was quite fun and well done for a platformer...

Max is a gem with huge potential. Like the previous poster said, it gets better but it's a good game with a lot of potential with its puzzles.

ekim

Just popped up on the Xbox One store:
https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...-Edition/90cd3c08-e2a7-4f60-8ea1-b0c64ac19381

New and specially improved version of the zombie smashing hit, exclusively for the Xbox One. Insane mix of cars, speed, explosions, blood and zombies! Fight through an epic narrative campaign or test yourself in the Slaughter and Blood Race modes. Engage huge bosses, save survivors, drive crazy vehicles such as a bulldozer, fire truck or even a tank and smash everything in your way. Take part in the Blood Race tournament - chase other cars and take them down without mercy on brutal racing tracks. Jump into the Slaughter mode and survive as long as possible on specially crafted arenas. Experience super smooth gameplay at 60 frames per second and extra crisp visuals. Zombie Driver Ultimate Edition includes all DLC content that was ever created for the game.

Out of nowhere.

Ape

Banned
another ninja release, great. I wonder how devs feel about having releases without any press leading up to it being put on the marketplace?

another ninja release, great. I wonder how devs feel about having releases without any press leading up to it being put on the marketplace?

Does Microsoft handle scheduling for self-published games or do devs just dump them on the marketplace whenever they're ready? I'm leaning toward the latter.

EDIT: I guess Banjo just answered that.

Does Microsoft handle scheduling for self-published games or do devs just dump them on the marketplace whenever they're ready? I'm leaning toward the latter.

EDIT: I guess Banjo just answered that.

It's kinda weird how different devs handle the PR side of things. Devs like Happion Labs with Sixty Second Shooter Prime actually walked people through the porting process, had twitch stream of them working on the port, testing the game, kept people engaged on twitter throughout the 2 months of certification they went through, involved people with what the achievements were looking like, ect.

Then you have these devs on Zombie Driver, EXOR Studios, who besides saying that they were working on an Xbox One game last year, were never heard from since. Hell, the only way we had an idea that this game was even coming soon was when the Germany ratings board published their rating for the game last week, otherwise we would have been even more surprised with today's release than we are.

Boggles the mind really how some devs just refuse to promote their own game or even announce that it exists before release, lol. Same thing happens with PS4, I've seen a ton of indies being like "Huzzah, we are releasing X on PS4 tomorrow!!". Like, how hard would it have been to drum up some excitement at least two weeks before release, or when you enter certification at the very latest?

Lima

Are these US only? They're not on the UK store.

Transformers comes out Friday in the UK. It's a retail title.

That baseball game is an indie title so it may have not been rated and certified for European countries by the developers. One of the downsides of self publishing.

Transformers comes out Friday in the UK. It's a retail title.

That baseball game is an indie title so it may have not been rated and certified for European countries by the developers. One of the downsides of self publishing.

I thought RBI Baseball was a retail title? I didn't add it to the OP for that reason, I guess I've got some work to do!

Top Bottom