• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

purg3

slept with Malkin
Any impressions on the Zombie Driver game? Never heard of it, and $15 is pushing the limit of what I'm willing to spend for a downloadable game of this type.

Varg

Banned
May pick up that baseball game. I believe they said their adding online multiplayer to it in July. Brings back memories.

Nothing on Pier Solar still :/

Any impressions on the Zombie Driver game? Never heard of it, and $15 is pushing the limit of what I'm willing to spend for a downloadable game of this type.

Here is the launch trailer I was sent for anyone who wants a peak of what to expect.

I would imagine Upload videos and streams will start popping up soon as well for deeper impressions.

Xbox Gamer has a copy that we are reviewing, so hope to share our impressions soon :)

Valiant Hearts today or tomorrow on Xbox One?
Tomorrow on 360/XB1, today on PS4/PS3

purg3

slept with Malkin
Here is the launch trailer I was sent for anyone who wants a peak of what to expect.

I would imagine Upload videos and streams will start popping up soon as well for deeper impressions.

Xbox Gamer has a copy that we are reviewing, so hope to share our impressions soon :)

Tomorrow on 360/XB1, today on PS4/PS3

Cool, thanks. The trailer wasn't too bad. Looks like that Renegade Ops game Avalanche did a while back.

Cool, thanks. The trailer wasn't too bad. Looks like that Renegade Ops game Avalanche did a while back.

Yep! I'd definitely keep checking the store page on your console, I'm sure people will be streaming it later in the day. That's usually a good way to tell if you will like the game or not, since there is no demo.

It used to be on the 360 too, but got pulled maybe(?). If it's still on 360, there should be a demo there (without higher res/frame rate of course)

Bessy67

Not exactly a great sale on Ryse.

never played a Fable game.

Not sure I have time for an RPG though.
Yeah, not sure what they were thinking on Ryse price. I got the physical copy for less 5 months ago. I'd definitely recommend Fable 2 though, it's the best Fable IMO and at $5 the price is right. I might double dip on that.

theytookourjobz

Links to Twitch streams from the XB1 store page for games is seriously such an awesome feature! Watched like 10 mins of Zombie Driver and it looks boring as hell.

statham

Peggle 2 DLC is out 'Jimmy Lightning' $1.99

edit: says error when I try to buy it, same thing happened when the 1st DLC came out and it took a couple of hours before you could actually buy it.

Skele7on

Banned
I watched the promo video yesterday which said 50-75% off games.

Why is ryse only 17% off?

Although not that it really bothers me, I have the game anyway, as for the season pass, going to pass on that.

Skele7on

Banned
Fable 1 and 2 are 2 of my favorite games, absolutely loved them. I highly recommend them, just skip three.

the thing that really really destroyed 3 for me:

When suddenly you needed a shit ton of gold to get the best ending it was like a real fuck you for not spending an obscene amount of time grinding gold to buy property.
very poorly executed.

pacman85

Ryse dlc sale perhaps implies Ryse is the XBO July free game?
I hope so but I doubt it because the full game is also on sale too. Well, I don't know if you can actually call this a sale at 17% off the full $60 price (bringing it down to $50) but MS is...

A friend of bought an Xbox One a few days ago. Yesterday he told me "I love it, but the store sucks. I can't find the indie games anywhere." He assumed he could go to the store and find a section to browse for $10-20 games.

btw, to him "indie" = xbla.

edit: I personally like the store layout. After spending some time on it, the Xbox 360 store feels like it's got too many sub-categories and sub-sections. Maybe the Xbox One store will feel like it needs more sections too once it has more things on it.

Is there a way to get US only digital games from the UK somehow? Like 1001 Spikes? I'm currently on holiday in US but back at UK I can change the region to US and see the games but it won't let me purchase it. Paypal isn't available like this and I can't use my wallet amount that's currently in my account as it's region specific. I was wondering since I'm in the US at the moment I can buy points here or something but how would that work with a Uk account?

Alx

the thing that really really destroyed 3 for me:

When suddenly you needed a shit ton of gold to get the best ending it was like a real fuck you for not spending an obscene amount of time grinding gold to buy property.
very poorly executed.

I don't think it was a real issue,
as long as you don't go to the throne room to take your judgements, you can keep grinding gold for as long as you like.
Although I didn't know that and thus didn't get the perfect ending, but in a way it felt for the best, it was the first time I felt that some of my choices had bittersweet consequences, instead of being in a game that you can "win".

Which is ridiculously worded. I've never seen anyone say "up to" and then list a range of values instead of just the upper limit of that range. They should have just said "up to 75% off".

This drives me crazy just as much as "over 12 maps!" when it's 13 maps. Or "you can get this for less than $100!" when it's $99.99.

That Ryse price is pretty telling about how it is selling in Microsoft's eyes.
I hope to see a sequel that is fixed in all the ways that it needs to be fixed.
Fun game with good bones.

LTWheels

Is there a way to get US only digital games from the UK somehow? Like 1001 Spikes? I'm currently on holiday in US but back at UK I can change the region to US and see the games but it won't let me purchase it. Paypal isn't available like this and I can't use my wallet amount that's currently in my account as it's region specific. I was wondering since I'm in the US at the moment I can buy points here or something but how would that work with a Uk account?

By dollar amazon.com gift card with UK credit card. Go on amazon.com, and use gift card to buy code for Xbox dollar money.

Turn Xbox to US. Redeem code, buy game. Remember that tax isn't included in the price so may need a couple of $s extra. Turn Xbox back to UK. Play!

Chitown B

I can't believe it. We need releases dates weeks before.

Not this :

tumblr_mtwspkf2GP1rydouao1_500.gif

it's definitely weird, and makes you forget something came out.

That Ryse price is pretty telling about how it is selling in Microsoft's eyes.
I hope to see a sequel that is fixed in all the ways that it needs to be fixed.
Fun game with good bones.

17% off is telling?

theDeeDubs

DwG is disappointing this week, discount-wise. Was great to get a digital copy of Alpha Protocol though. It was one of my favorites from last gen.

Walshicus

Peggle 2 DLC is out 'Jimmy Lightning' $1.99

edit: says error when I try to buy it, same thing happened when the 1st DLC came out and it took a couple of hours before you could actually buy it.

Is there a web link to buy the DLC? My wife plays a tonne of Peggle 2 and she was pretty happy with the last lot - would be good to have it ready for her while I'm at work!

Lima

By dollar amazon.com gift card with UK credit card. Go on amazon.com, and use gift card to buy code for Xbox dollar money.

Turn Xbox to US. Redeem code, buy game. Remember that tax isn't included in the price so may need a couple of $s extra. Turn Xbox back to UK. Play!

Or you know just switch your region to US on the Xbox One, use an address from Oregon (such as the University there) so that you don't need to pay tax, then input your UK credit card details and buy the stuff directly from the marketplace. Then stay on the US marketplace to save money.

Google

That Ryse price is really weird; I'm confused at their strategy.

If you've not bought Ryse yet, why would an additional $10 discount change that?

It's been on sale many, many times at retail for $30-$40. What a weird decision. I'd love to get some insight into this somehow.

Wizman23

Banned
Wasn't Ryse on sale a few months back for 29.99? What in the fuck is MS thinking? I thought that would be the minimum discount and was hoping for 19.99.

Varg

Banned
Is there a web link to buy the DLC? My wife plays a tonne of Peggle 2 and she was pretty happy with the last lot - would be good to have it ready for her while I'm at work!

My wife is at home and told her about the new Peggle character. She went on the one and it says unavailable still.a

Or you know just switch your region to US on the Xbox One, use an address from Oregon (such as the University there) so that you don't need to pay tax, then input your UK credit card details and buy the stuff directly from the marketplace. Then stay on the US marketplace to save money.

This doesn't work. That's the whole point. I use a debit card.

Top Bottom