• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

As a huge survival horror fan, I was thrilled to see Outlast added to the XB1 library (I wasn't even aware it was coming). My heart sank a bit, though, to see the full experience cost $29. Since it was a free title on PS4 in January, it seems like a prime candidate to go free with Gold sometime over the next few months. So I'm torn between wanting to play it now and the need to wait and save money. If it was slightly cheaper, I probably wouldn't hesitate. (Those 0GS achievements for the DLC are a turn-off as well.)

and it was in same last week in psn too. Plus I already have the game in steam, I got it for $5. Those things Will male me wait at least for a sale.

Lima

They should have at least included the DLC for Outlast after the wait time and the achievements all being 0 too.

statham

Anyone having issues with the Thief demo? It says it needs a update, but something went wrong.

EDIT: solved it, doesn't run from my external drive, moving it to internal worked.

PopfulMail

Nice to see releases finally hitting.

While only a $5 difference, I was bummed to see TR at $35 last night when I went to buy it. Not sure why, but that $5 kept me from buying it.

Really eager for Pinball Arcade to hit... really wish we could get a date on it.

zorbsie

SSSP is really fun. Lots of Geometry wars vibes. $5 is a great price point. I hope they sell a ton of copies. Seems like twitch doesn't like it though. Can't stream from console, just keep getting an error.

purg3

slept with Malkin
SSSP is really fun. Lots of Geometry wars vibes. $5 is a great price point. I hope they sell a ton of copies. Seems like twitch doesn't like it though. Can't stream from console, just keep getting an error.

I just tried streaming it and I'm getting an error code 0x10331196. No luck finding a solution to what that actually means though.

Fun game, only played it briefly before going out but it seems like it will be a challenge and very fun,

Worth £4 at the very least

Really good fun, great value twin stick shooter from the dude that made Schizoid on XBLA.

Time based score attack with some risk vs reward mechanics. Keep the timer running down and watch more enemies populate for massive score bonus, when your flying around you drop through levels, when your in a higher level the enemies are harder but the scoring is larger. You have various power ups throughout ranging from precision timing (slows time) invincibility, double fire, multiplier, missiles (fired on RT, like bombs) Boom (like a bomb, exloding surrounding area)

Enemy types range from large clusters that breaks into smaller clusters, one that follow you, fire at you, ones that explode and fire more enemies at you, ones that take more damage to kill. Sure there are more I've only gone through to Level 10.

Highest for me so far starting at level 1 is 305,704. Has that one more play feel to it.

There is also an infinity mode, you collect time bonuses in this mode which add to the timer, gets pretty frantic quick, so far I have only survived around 60seconds, especially dropping through the levels.

Well worth the small price.

Excellent, many thanks for the impressions. Will pull the trigger when I get the chance.

zorbsie

I just tried streaming it and I'm getting an error code 0x10331196. No luck finding a solution to what that actually means though.

Yup, same error over here too. Hoping it's fixed soon. This would be a great game to stream/watch. Also just hit 1.37M in 60second mode. Can't stop playing this.

Lima

This is treated as an app by the system, same as Ninjutisu or whatever that POS was called.

You can't stream or use game dvr on these.

This is treated as an app by the system, same as Ninjutisu or whatever that POS was called.

That isn't true. It's a full fledged game using the game partition, not the app partition. The dev said so on reddit.

I'd imagine it just isn't added to Twitch's database yet. Twitch needs to manually add the game as compatible to stream before you can. This is so people can't stream unreleased games without the devs consent.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Really? Wow, that's stupid. I hope MS/Twitch can fix that.

That isn't true. It's a ful lfledged game using the game partition, not the app partition. The dev said so on reddit.

I'd imagine it just isn't added to Twitch's database yet. Twitch needs to manually add the game as compatible to stream before you can. This is so people can't stream unreleased games without the devs consent.

This makes more sense

Lima

That isn't true. It's a ful lfledged game using the game partition, not the app partition. The dev said so on reddit.

Oh okay I just remembered that error code from the other game so I guessed it was the case here too.

Oh okay I just remembered that error code from the other game so I guessed it was the case here too.

Added a link to his reddit post, it's unsnappable so don't think it's an app...but maybe since it is so small it technically is? Not sure, you could be correct the more I think of it. I just know that I've gotten games before release before and twitch wouldn't let me stream as it wasn't in their database yet.

edit: It usually doesn't take Twitch long to add it though, so we will find out soon what the case is. I asked Jamie on twitter, he's usually quick with responses :)

Nowise10

In Sixty Second Shooter Prime, what the hell does @2 mean or @(number)? I have no idea what its trying to tell me, nor have any idea how to unlock levels and such.

Lima

Added a link to his reddit post, it's unsnappable so don't think it's an app...but maybe since it is so small it technically is? Not sure, you could be correct the more I think of it. I just know that I've gotten games before release before and twitch wouldn't let me stream as it wasn't in their database yet.

edit: It usually doesn't take Twitch long to add it though, so we will find out soon what the case is

It's definitely a full game. I simply tested this by starting another full game and SSSP gets closed.

So yeah it must be just a matter of not being added to the twitch database.

zorbsie

In Sixty Second Shooter Prime, what the hell does @2 mean or @(number)? I have no idea what its trying to tell me, nor have any idea how to unlock levels and such.

@ is the swirls you're collecting. The more you get the more you can unlock. going to the beams of light will bring you to the next level. I think you can only unlock starting on level 5 in the menus.

I does have leaderboards, just not weekly boards, it only displays friends and all time.

Happion said they would look into patching if and when MS enabled the ability to use weekly leaderboards.

Lima

Well that was quick. Outlast has been updated to 1500 gamerscore. The DLC is now worth 500 gamerscore.

Fuck yeah.

klodeckel

Banned
Since I can't create new threads - I will just leave this here.

Robin Beanland from Rare teasing new Banjo-Kazooie?

Robin "The Bean" Beanland, is a British composer of video game music, composing music for numerous Rare titles, such as the Killer Instinct franchise, Conker's Bad Fur Day or Banjo-Kazooie.

Look what he posted, titled "It lives!"
https://vine.co/v/MDlwu6ub50h

Oh and a quick look at a past story: A new Rare platformer 'would be great', says Spencer

Together with that Harrison interview today and how much MS/Phil is currently listening to the community, ... It-is-happening.gif?

Robin "The Bean" Beanland, is a British composer of video game music, composing music for numerous Rare titles, such as the Killer Instinct franchise, Conker's Bad Fur Day or Banjo-Kazooie.

Together with that Harrison interview today and how much MS/Phil is currently listening to the community, ... It-is-happening.gif?

I think someone else confirmed in another thread that the banjo he was referring to was the one he used to record the music for the original Banjo Kazooie, which was previously broken and he now fixed. So, "it lives" is referring to his banjo being fixed, not a new game.

But we can always hope!

I does have leaderboards, just not weekly boards, it only displays friends and all time.

Happion said they would look into patching if and when MS enabled the ability to use weekly leaderboards.

Thanks for clarifying. I saw someone mention it didn't have leaderboards because of MS and couldn't believe what I was reading.

Tyrax

Oh and a quick look at a past story: A new Rare platformer 'would be great', says Spencer

Awesome, must mean that banjo and kazooie are coming to project spark

Have you bought it yet Miles?!

I have just this very second bought it, waiting for it to download. Less than 300mb, so it shouldn't take too long.

I'm watching some of the clips via upload and it looks pretty bloody great. Serious GeoWars vibes, but it also seems to be more strategic than GeoWars.

I have just this very second bought it, waiting for it to download. Less than 300mb, so it shouldn't take too long.

I'm watching some of the clips via upload and it looks pretty bloody great. Serious GeoWars vibes, but it also seems to be more strategic than GeoWars.

Yeh it is. Reminds me of Geo Wars 1 quite a lot which is great! Makes me want to play Geo Wars as well though...

Holy shit. This games needs an OT. Someone get on it.

Yeh it is. Reminds me of Geo Wars 1 quite a lot which is great! Makes me want to play Geo Wars as well though...

Absolutely. I was instantly at home thanks to years of playing Geo Wars. Already unlocked everything, now I'm just beasting in infinity mode with the stunning velvet fire look and some fantastic beats.

Oh man, this game is amazing. I foresee many hours wasted playing this.

Holy shit. This games needs an OT. Someone get on it.

Absolutely. I was instantly at home thanks to years of playing Geo Wars. Already unlocked everything, now I'm just beasting in infinity mode with the stunning velvet fire look and some fantastic beats.

Oh man, this game is amazing. I foresee many hours wasted playing this.
I know Jamie (dev) was pretty bummed about no weekly leaderboards. Perhaps you can make a OT and we can keep our own weekly leaderboards in it with people who want to participate?

ekim

Anyone having issues with the Thief demo? It says it needs a update, but something went wrong.

EDIT: solved it, doesn't run from my external drive, moving it to internal worked.

I have the same problem but I have installed it onto the internal drive. :-/

I know Jamie (dev) was pretty bummed about no weekly leaderboards. Perhaps you can make a OT and we can keep our own weekly leaderboards in it with people who want to participate?

I'm far too lazy to keep a thread updated.

It's a good idea though, if only there was someone who could take on the responsibility. *Hint, hint*

purg3

slept with Malkin
I thought you could use split tender when purchasing games, no? I have $15 in my MS account and want to get Outlast, but it just says I don't have enough and wants me to put it all on my CC instead of my $15 in credit and rest on my CC. I could have sworn you could do it this way?

Created an OT for Sixty Second Shooter Prime (but no leaderboards - just some fancy gfx). Could someone post it for me?

I can do it for you

Okay, so been playing SSSP for like, I don't know...30 minutes? 45 minutes? I'm not sure, haha...losing track of time.

My god, this game. Addicting as hell.

So basically, you start out wondering how the hell you will ever get good, but you unlock stuff as you keep playing and doing well, letting you start on higher levels so that you get more points, unlock powers, ect. Then you feel powerful as hell.

Okay, back to playing. Buy this game people.

Top Bottom