• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

By dollar amazon.com gift card with UK credit card. Go on amazon.com, and use gift card to buy code for Xbox dollar money.

Turn Xbox to US. Redeem code, buy game. Remember that tax isn't included in the price so may need a couple of $s extra. Turn Xbox back to UK. Play!

This sounds really complicated or is explained badly. Use gift card to buy code for xbox dollar money? Wth does that mean? Do you mean use a amazon gift card to buy a MS money/gift card? Why not just buy a MS money/gift card without getting a amazon gift card first?

Skele7on

Banned
This doesn't work. That's the whole point. I use a debit card.

Personally I buy all my $ cards ect from G2A they take card and paypal

for amazon:

boarderlinx

generate a us address

login to amazon.com

put this as a delivery address

put your real address as billing

enter card details

get US credit.

Any issues? Message me!

eastx

Maybe we could limit the buying-from-different-regions discussion to the specific GAF thread that exists for that?

Hmm, unsure if I should buy Zombie Driver Ultimate Edition. It looks interesting, but singleplayer only might be boring. Just another game where a demo would be so important ...

If you have an Xbox 360, you can demo that version. Although the game has some rough edges, the core mechanic of driving over zombies GTA 1 & 2-style is a lot of fun IMO. Side objectives and steep but fair challenge keep it interesting as well.

That Ryse price is pretty telling about how it is selling in Microsoft's eyes.
I hope to see a sequel that is fixed in all the ways that it needs to be fixed.
Fun game with good bones.

Sounds like Ryse 2 probably won't happen due to conflict between Microsoft and Crytek over publishing rights. http://kotaku.com/sources-crytek-not-paying-staff-on-time-ryse-sequel-d-1594967505

Lima

Sounds like Ryse 2 probably won't happen due to conflict between Microsoft and Crytek over publishing rights. http://kotaku.com/sources-crytek-not-paying-staff-on-time-ryse-sequel-d-1594967505

post-19224-Fuck-This-Fuck-That-Fuck-Those-jzGw.gif

Man this makes me a sad panda. I want Ryse 2. Still the best game on Xbox One right now.

Syrus

Banned
post-19224-Fuck-This-Fuck-That-Fuck-Those-jzGw.gif

Man this makes me a sad panda. I want Ryse 2. Still the best game on Xbox One right now.

I hope for a ryse 2 as well. MS can have someone else make it. Its not like Crytek did an amnazing job anyways. Just need to lease the cryengine for it or just us U4

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This sounds really complicated or is explained badly. Use gift card to buy code for xbox dollar money? Wth does that mean? Do you mean use a amazon gift card to buy a MS money/gift card? Why not just buy a MS money/gift card without getting a amazon gift card first?

Because Xbox money cards are restricted items and aren't available to sell if you aren't in the US. So you need a Us billing address against your credit card, which you won't have. Amazon gift cards can be bought by anyone, and by adding amazon credit to your account you bypass the location check, and can therefore buy Xbox cards.

Just telling: there os no region check or any check in your credit card charging by Amazon. You Just need to add an US billing address that will not be checked to buy the ms cards directly. No need to buy Amazon cards.

Two Words

This is kind of off-topic, but I can't make a thread and this seems like the best place.

How is Microsoft going to handle games like No Man's Sky if they become a big hit? As of right now, they are only coming out on PS4. They are talking about doing a PC version later possibly as well. Assuming this game is a big hit similar to Minecraft (maybe not quite as huge), how does Microsoft handle the game with their parity clause? Do they make an exception? If so, will other developers outcry over this?

Lima

How is Microsoft going to handle games like No Man's Sky if they become a big hit? As of right now, they are only coming out on PS4. They are talking about doing a PC version later possibly as well. Assuming this game is a big hit similar to Minecraft (maybe not quite as huge), how does Microsoft handle the game with their parity clause? Do they make an exception? If so, will other developers outcry over this?

They already made exceptions. Look at Outlast for example.

They said that they are looking at the games on a case by case basis. If they think the game adds value to the platform they will allow it.

This is kind of off-topic, but I can't make a thread and this seems like the best place.

Well, since the parity clause is really only in place to ensure first-to-market among indie developers, I'm sure the policy can be overturned if there's enough money on the table. Judging by how well indie games like No Man's Sky perform on other platforms, MS might deem it worth reversing their stance. We'll have to wait and see.

Two Words

Doesn't that kind of kill their threat then? If you're an indie developer that thinks you've got a real hit on your hands, why wouldn't you say "Don't worry, once the game takes off on platform x, Microsoft will want us on their platform and they'll make an exception for us."

Wouldn't this essentially make it so that only mediocre indie games strive for platform release parity? I know everybody already wants them to kill this parity clause, but this just seems like another reason. Outlast is a decent game, but if that's the bar for "We'll make an exception", then they're going to have to make a lot of exceptions.

Doesn't that kind of kill their threat then? If you're an indie developer that thinks you've got a real hit on your hands, why wouldn't you say "Don't worry, once the game takes off on platform x, Microsoft will want us on their platform and they'll make an exception for us."

Wouldn't this essentially make it so that only mediocre indie games strive for platform release parity? I know everybody already wants them to kill this parity clause, but this just seems like another reason. Outlast is a decent game, but if that's the bar for "We'll make an exception", then they're going to have to make a lot of exceptions.

I would think the bar would be raised once there is more content on the platform. They are kind of desperate for any content right now.

Leyasu

Banned
I hope for a ryse 2 as well. MS can have someone else make it. Its not like Crytek did an amnazing job anyways. Just need to lease the cryengine for it or just us U4

Agreed with everything you just said apart from the U4 bit..

Lima

Could someone send me the Outlast dlc store link? I can't find it on mobile and I wanna buy it before I head home.

No DLC buying on the web store.

Besides it doesn't start downloading anyways so there is no point in buying anything from the web store. Just do it on the console when you get home.

Havoc2049

Transformers comes out Friday in the UK. It's a retail title.

That baseball game is an indie title so it may have not been rated and certified for European countries by the developers. One of the downsides of self publishing.

RBI Baseball is published by Major League Baseball, so I don't know if I would call it an indie title. I also doubt it will see a release outside of the North America. But baseball games used to see European releases back during the Amiga/ST days, so you never know.

eastx

The Jimmy Lightning DLC for Peggle 2 is now properly available. It's pretty much the same as the previous DLC - a new character, 10 new levels, 10 new trials, and 3 new Achievements for $2. Great buy if you like Peggle.

Here's an article with my full impressions and video for both Peggle 2 DLCs.

RBI Baseball is published by Major League Baseball, so I don't know if I would call it an indie title. I also doubt it will see a release outside of the North America. But baseball games used to see European releases back during the Amiga/ST days, so you never know.

RBI is published by Majesco on Xbox One, I think. And it is an ID@Xbox release so it's *kind of* indie.

Contrast is heading to xbox one June 26th $14.99.

So Contrast and Valiant Hearts, with possible releases of Blue State (99% confirmed) and Another World.

What a packed week. After weeks without a single game we get 8 in a matter of days. Deve should what planned better.

I have Contrast in 360, any improvemets? I may double dip later in a sale.

So Contrast and Valiant Hearts, with possible releases of Blue State (99% confirmed) and Another World.

What a packed week. After weeks without a single game we get 8 in a matter of days. Deve should what planned better.

I have Contrast in 360, any improvemets? I may double dip later in a sale.

Their website does say:

It’s a really interesting opportunity, because we’ll be able to bring a touched up version of Contrast to a bunch of new players.

Not seen anything specific though. I think Microsoft are missing a trick by not announcing beforehand that these games are coming even if its only an Xbox Wire post, Sony are doing a much better job at the moment, I mean Zombie Driver and Outlast were just stealth releases, really weird.

Ive not seen anything about Blue State either? Trailer seems to be all Playstation focused (inc description) not seen anything related to Xbox One mentioned? Another World too, other platforms confirmed but not Xbox One...

Havoc2049

RBI is published by Majesco on Xbox One, I think. And it is an ID@Xbox release so it's *kind of* indie.

Damn, Majesco just won't die...lol. Where are my Advent Rising sequels Majesco! ;-). I had to look it up, because Majesco doesn't even list RBI Baseball on their site, but they handled the distribution of RBI Baseball across all platforms. I stand corrected, RBI Baseball is a Major League Baseball Advanced Media funded game. But with MLB and Majesco involved, it doesn't seem too "indie".

Anyways, I just downloaded it and I'm about to start playing. It brought a smile to my face when the game booted up playing old school NES RBI Baseball music and sound effects for a few seconds.

eastx

Contrast Xbox One improvements:

The Xbox One version contains all of the bug fixes and improvements made to the game since release, along with Xbox One specific features and framerate/gameplay improvements (eg reworked level streaming and shadow physics, to address community feedback)

Will be trying the game out later tonight.

Anyways, I just downloaded it and I'm about to start playing. It brought a smile to my face when the game booted up playing old school NES RBI Baseball music and sound effects for a few seconds.

Is the Xbox One version already available? I've been unsuccessfully trying to hunt down a review code since last week.

Bsigg12

Damn, Majesco just won't die...lol. Where are my Advent Rising sequels Majesco! ;-). I had to look it up, because Majesco doesn't even list RBI Baseball on their site, but they handled the distribution of RBI Baseball across all platforms. I stand corrected, RBI Baseball is a Major League Baseball Advanced Media funded game. But with MLB and Majesco involved, it doesn't seem too "indie".

They have that Midnight City studios or whatever that's a big indie publishing arm for them. Also they make a ton of damn money off Sumba.

I bought RBI baseball even though I knew it wasnt going to be that good. Has enough nostalgia for me. Plus I love baseball. Its fun in short burst, which is how I will play it.

I asked the Blue Estate Devs about Xbox One release on twitter and they responded "Soon, Soon!" so...ya...haha, you're guesses are as good as mine.

Downloaded Contrast, shame I missed this on 360 and on PS4 when it was free, I'm really enjoying myself so far.

edit: No embargo, so streaming some right now if people want to watch: http://www.twitch.tv/itsjudge

BlindRage

So I didn't know where to put this..

Best buy has the sky landers starter pack for $35 as the dotd with GCU (and some reward certificates I need to use) I could get it for around $5 or so is it worth it or is the game just stupid and for kids

statham

completed the new peggle DLC game and trials in a hour +, only the under 200k trial game was a challenge as to not hit his special power, first time I didn't hit them, I ended up with the 100k at the end that put me over And It looks like peggle will have one more DLC going by how the DLC is arranged.

Korosenai

10$ for ryse season pass is great. Gell I got ryse for 40$ day one haha

I got Ryse a week or so ago from Target for $26 and got the season pass today thanks to the Gamestop money I got last thursday.... this game is just amazing. I've been absolutely hooked on it.

On a side note, is Worms worth $25? Seems like a lot. I may just wait for a sale or something.

FrsDvl

I got Ryse a week or so ago from Target for $26 and got the season pass today thanks to the Gamestop money I got last thursday.... this game is just amazing. I've been absolutely hooked on it.

On a side note, is Worms worth $25? Seems like a lot. I may just wait for a sale or something.

Online community is quite dead. So i say no. Unless you have someone to play local with.

Alx

Doesn't that kind of kill their threat then? .

It's not a threat, it's negociation. Most Indies need to release on several platforms to be viable, so companies like MS can add their conditions. If the indie is already successful, the balance of power is switched and they can get better deals.
That's business, and nothing specific to Indies. Just like when EA got the right to host their own servers when MS wanted to centralize everything on XBL servers.

klodeckel

Banned
It's been dead since Day One. I honestly can't believe it. $25 for a game that I can't play online... Ugh. :(
Can't confirm. Playing Battlegrounds mode regularly and I am always finding opponents within seconds/minutes. The only thing that sucks is the online netcode. Between moves there is always a short synch break. But you get used to it.

Game is by far the best and most complete Worms game ever released by the way. $25 is tough, but I totally think for what you get it is worth it. Map editor, campaign, clan support, customization, huge arsenal ... I think the value is there.

Love the Worms game. Wish the community was more active. Hopefully it will become free at some point. Dont even care that I already paid for it, just need more active players.

Top Bottom