• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

B9E8pAY.png

Soony.

I'd expect them to have something in place for SO.. this gets me thinking - FH2 ?

TK Turk

Banned
I can't believe Pier Solar HD is taking this long to get out. They are really at risk at releasing in September, and losing a ton of sales due to fierce competition this fall!

Hmmm, seems like this is going to require some serious finger tracking... It will be nice to see as a test of how good kinect v2 is at reading finer finger movements.

Ya, it will need to track pretty well. Here is a sample of the work the dev has been doing with hand tracking, including writing his own algorithm to determine positions for the thumb and index fingers to form the claw: https://twitter.com/johntwolives/status/490777602022338560

Pretty cool stuff imo.

Ya, it will need to track pretty well. Here is a sample of the work the dev has been doing with hand tracking, including writing his own algorithm to determine positions for the thumb and index fingers to form the claw: https://twitter.com/johntwolives/status/490777602022338560

Pretty cool stuff imo.

That's a very detailed hand outline, and seemingly very noise free... I wonder how far from kinect you have to be to have this quality along full body tracking.

eastx

Although Pool Shark from VooFoo Studios is coming to Playstation 4 on July 30, I'm told the Xbox One version is still a few weeks off. Sounds like early-mid August.

Mike "Thomas Was Alone/Volume" Bithell has just applied to id@xbox programme.
People are already keeping an eye on it as there is a backlog of developers, so if he gets a kit before them I am sure there will be some kind of hell to pay, on all ends.

People are already keeping an eye on it as there is a backlog of developers, so if he gets a kit before them I am sure there will be some kind of hell to pay, on all ends.

Why is there a backlog and how big is it?

Ade

They've freely admitted they prioritise people based on past products.

Skele7on

Banned
From Comic-Con, unlikely a retail option though.

BtVlZVcCQAARI0d.jpg

I don't like this design, I think that a master chief green xbox one would be better.

Also if they changed the on button to the master chief helmet as the only decal would be awesome.

But I actually like simplicity, this looks overcrowded IMO.

mikeBithell

Neo Member

On all ends? That sounds uncomfortable.

On all ends? That sounds uncomfortable.

My apologies, I really haven't expressed myself clearly enough.

By "on all ends" I meant that ID@Xbox will take flak for it in some way, smaller developers will kick off and feel like they are not being fully supported, and you will also take flak for it as an already successful developer. I understand how MS prioritise development kits but not everybody else understands this and that is what I was trying to point out, albeit badly.

I was a bit disappointed and upset to see that you took it to Twitter, screengrabbed my quote and read it as "threatening behaviour". I wish you had allowed me to respond on here and provide clarification on my comment.

TK Turk

Banned
New update posted on Pier Solar HD:

http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en/blogs/?rdirectlink=32

Hello everyone.

We're working hard to squash all the remaining bugs in Pier Solar. It's been a long road but we're finally getting there. Also we're not in full certification mode from all companies, which means, that once we've passed and we're approved, I can finally set a definitive release date for the game, which is something that I've been wanting to do much more than you can imagine.

As most of you are aware, we haven't been able to reach an agreement to get the Xbox 360 version published, and it's making it impossible to be released. So we sent a survey to all 360 backers giving the option to switch to another platform. If you're a 360 backer, check your email. It's probably there.

I'm hoping the beginning of August, I really want to dive into this game before Destiny is released.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
My apologies, I really haven't expressed myself clearly enough.

By "on all ends" I meant that ID@Xbox will take flak for it in some way, smaller developers will kick off and feel like they are not being fully supported, and you will also take flak for it as an already successful developer. I understand how MS prioritise development kits but not everybody else understands this and that is what I was trying to point out, albeit badly.

I was a bit disappointed and upset to see that you took it to Twitter, screengrabbed my quote and read it as "threatening behaviour". I wish you had allowed me to respond on here and provide clarification on my comment.

You're the one apologizing to him? You're intent was perfectly clear even if not explained on point word by word, nobody with a bit of sense could interpret it as threatening behaviour (lol).
What he did was really, really lame. Some people just love attention, I guess.

Decider

You're the one apologizing to him? You're intent was perfectly clear even if not explained on point word by word, nobody with a bit of sense could interpret it as threatening behaviour (lol).
What he did was really, really lame. Some people just love attention, I guess.

Agreed. The fact that he dismissed the poster on Twitter as being "passive aggressive" was hypocritical.

Ade

I like Mike, I own about a dozen copies of TWA, most of which were as a result of a discussion he was having with a troll about piracy, where I was buying a copy relentlessly to annoy the troll.

Hes a cool guy and a fan of Grimlock, so he cant be all bad :)

I think he just misunderstood what you were saying and now its all gone a bit wrong. Perhaps best to just let water flow under the bridge?

zorbsie

Bad news: PinballFX is delayed to August on Xbox One.
Good news: that is because they made a real with MS to allow tables transfer from the 360 version for free.

http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=4747

This is the right move. Will gladly wait for this release. And will now happily buy more tables. I really thought they weren't going to do anything. I guess the response was overwhelming. Either way, I'm very happy this is happening.

Chitown B

Eh? Pinball FX2 is still a free game? If anything they might get less money this way as people are re-buying tables on XB1 they already bought on 360

yes, to all of that. That's what I was talking about. Free = MS not getting money from consumers from the boards they get to carry over.

zorbsie

yes, to all of that. That's what I was talking about. Free = MS not getting money from consumers from the boards they get to carry over.

Wouldn't it be Zen Studios getting no money for the carry over tables? I'm not sure I'm following your logic on this one.

Chitown B

Wouldn't it be Zen Studios getting no money for the carry over tables? I'm not sure I'm following your logic on this one.

I would imagine MS gets a cut of every table sold. If Zen is giving them away for free then MS gets a cut of zero. So, I'll bet from the ones that ARE sold to new people, MS now gets more money per table.

Top Bottom