• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

eastx

Bullshit. No straight cross-buy function I can understand not being available, but as posts above already pointed out there are plenty of ways to implement a table import.

I have all the tables in 360, I am not buying them again. In the meantime I will be playing The Pinball Arcade in my PS4, which offered an upgrade from my vita purchases. Take that Zen Studios...

It's not their fault Microsoft wouldn't let them do the import. Clearly a few games like Minecraft will have that ability, but that doesn't mean Microsoft allows everyone to do it.

zebwinz

I'm not usually one to read between the PR lines but I really don't like how Zen Studios said " but we are very sorry to say that this was not an option made available to us on Xbox One"

Made available? So Microsoft didn't offer but did Zen Studios even ask for the option?

Now in the forum FAQ, BarbieBobomb replied to someone with this

"We definitely do not want people to have to repurchase the same content. All feedback will be sent to Microsoft and we will be working on making this right."

Zen Studios knew that this is something people wanted, knew it would be an issue, are seemingly working with Microsoft on fixing this issue, and yet, they are releasing the game anyway this month. Why?

manual4

Banned
I'm not usually one to read between the PR lines but I really don't like how Zen Studios said " but we are very sorry to say that this was not an option made available to us on Xbox One"

Made available? So Microsoft didn't offer but did Zen Studios even ask for the option?

"We definitely do not want people to have to repurchase the same content. All feedback will be sent to Microsoft and we will be working on making this right."

Zen Studios knew that this is something people wanted, knew it would be an issue, are seemingly working with Microsoft on fixing this issue, and yet, they are releasing the game anyway this month. Why?

they also benefit from you re-buying regardless of their moral policy

Voted. I don't have a lot of tables on 360, but the ones I have I'd like to transfer over. Plus, I'm in this fight for you guys who have most of the tables. :p

Lima

why would they allow it? Then it would just allow everyone who bought all the other tables on 360 to play the X1 version completely cost-free. That's not an advantage for MS.

Yeah seeing how they don't offer cross buy which is also bullshit this the typical stance I see Microsoft taking with this. They are just one bullshit company.

Ah well I'm off to play my Xbox One.

statham

why would they allow it? Then it would just allow everyone who bought all the other tables on 360 to play the X1 version completely cost-free. That's not an advantage for MS.

Its also what the Devs want and they are allowing Dance Central to do it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Because the dev wants it? Because we already paid for it?

Chitown B

If I bought Destiny on 360 I wouldn't also get it for X1. I'm just saying that's not how MS historically does things, right or wrong.

Seems like Dance Central is getting that, which is nice. Is it the same game on X1, or is it like with Rock Band how you could import from one version to another?

Kampfheld

Banned
Minecraft will allow this. Happy Wars will allow this.

I think the tech for the store is not ready for this just yet. I am pretty sure this is not a policy thing.

Alx

Seems like Dance Central is getting that, which is nice. Is it the same game on X1, or is it like with Rock Band how you could import from one version to another?

It's an import, and actually you can only import songs you bought as DLC (if available), you won't have access to those of the main game.

Chitown B

Minecraft will allow this. Happy Wars will allow this.

I think the tech for the store is not ready for this just yet. I am pretty sure this is not a policy thing.

with Minecraft it's your saves right? That's not DLC content they could be charging you for again. I just think MS doesn't see dollar signs if they allow the niche market that buys this stuff to carry over their current DLC.

MS can see every transaction I have ever purchased on my live account!

I bought the W8 version of spartan assault and it was offered to me at a discounted rate on xbox one, automatically.

I own every pinball xf2 table except the football/soccer ones.

Now let's get this clear I wasn't expecting Zen/MS to do this but then then Sony with the ps3/ps4 versions allowed this, MS not offering the option just doesn't make sense or look good for them at all.

with Minecraft it's your saves right? That's not DLC content they could be charging you for again. I just think MS doesn't see dollar signs if they allow the niche market that buys this stuff to carry over their current DLC.

Some (not all) of the skin and texture packs bought for the 360 version will carry over to the X1 version so I'd imagine it's technically feasible for them to do that with other games as well.

Kampfheld

Banned

No, you are wrong. DLC will transfer, too.

I just had a quick chat about it with our MS tech help, he also seems to be sure that the tech is simply not ready by now. Maybe they can work out an individual case-by-case solution tho.

It's customer goodwill, you know to the fans who have already supported the game.

I didn't think there were gamers out there that were pro corp but my twitter feed is alive with them, there's simply no excuse it's that simple.

Chitown B

It's customer goodwill, you know to the fans who have already supported the game.

I didn't think there were gamers out there that were pro corp but my twitter feed is alive with them, there's simply no excuse it's that simple.

I could see it more if Pinball FX2 wasn't also a free "game" (structure). I guess if the company that makes it really wants to put all that work into it and get zero dollars in return, that's their business. I'm not "pro corp" - I'm just pro-logic.

Kampfheld

Banned
I could see it more if Pinball FX2 wasn't also a free "game" (structure). I guess if the company that makes it really wants to put all that work into it and get zero dollars in return, that's their business. I'm not "pro corp" - I'm just pro-logic.

Happy Wars is free, too. So this can't and isn't the reason :)

It's an import, and actually you can only import songs you bought as DLC (if available), you won't have access to those of the main game.
Nearly every song was made into DLC with the code that came with each game.. There's even one in the box for DC3.

When I worked at Zen, and we were discussing the next-gen pinball with Microsoft back in 2011, table importing was always at the top of our list of features. So yes, they asked.

And the way digital game releases work on Xbox systems is that if you give up your release slot, you may wait weeks or even months to get a new one. Would you endanger your livelihood with a delay of indeterminate length just to have a non-guaranteed chance that you'll be able to give your product away for free?

Krilekk

Banned
Bullshit. No straight cross-buy function I can understand not being available, but as posts above already pointed out there are plenty of ways to implement a table import.

I have all the tables in 360, I am not buying them again. In the meantime I will be playing The Pinball Arcade in my PS4, which offered an upgrade from my vita purchases. Take that Zen Studios...

Pretty much. Is there 3D functionality in Pinball FX 2 like there is in Zen Pinball 2 on PS3?

Alx

Nearly every song was made into DLC with the code that came with each game.. There's even one in the box for DC3.

Technically it was DLC, but was it available for sale outside of the import feature ? I vaguely remember comments during E3 that more or less stated that you wouldn't be able to import those songs, only those you specifically bought in addition of the main game (provided they have been ported to the new format)

Ade

Wolfenstein is discounted already $39.99 from $59.99, probably old news though.

Yup.

And I cant buy it as randomly my MS£ balance is no longer accessible from my XB1.

MS support claims its because I possibly region changed last year. Odd it worked last week then. Sigh.

It's all so easy when you're a spectator posting on a forum, isn't it?

Reading between the lines, apparently Microsoft CAN do it but only allows it in specific cases, and turned down Zen for some reason, which they are obviously not at liberty to discuss. And Zen is trying, without getting negative and too finger-pointy towards a partner they can't afford to offend, to get people lobby Microsoft to change their minds about it.

It would be pretty inconsistent and idiotic of Zen not to allow import of tables across platforms when they've done it in the past from game to game and platform to platform literally in every instance that the platform functionality allows it. When I worked at Zen, I got to sit in on some of the discussions and see the results of these efforts, and it is VERY complicated to do for both Zen and the console manufacturer, with lots of potential for problems, when you have multiple games, multiple platforms, and multiple regions with their own store setup as with Zen Pinball, Marvel, Star Wars, etc. on PS3, Vita, and PS4, in NA and EU. With the huge amount of effort they've put into Cross Buy with PSN titles and importing tables from FX1->FX2, I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

As for the last part, Zen offers (one-way) Cross Buy on PS4 (not just a discount like Pinball Arcade), and has been way better (as in, not delisted) on Xbox generally (which, to be fair, was largely out of Farsight's hands). So comparing apples to apples, I fail to see how your statement makes any sense.

Ade

Probably should be elsewhere, but I can't start threads. Microsoft Cutting down on alternate region purchases

It would appear Microsoft are cracking down on region hopping / alternate country purchases on the Xbox One. I fired mine up this morning to pick up Wolfenstein from the Xbox One store, only to notice it wasn't letting me, on my UK account on a UK console, access my £GBP balance on my Microsoft account to pay for it. Nor would store.xbox.com. The balance still shows on the Xbox.com site and commerce.microsoft.com all of this worked fine on Sunday.

Sadly I can't access my tickets from the past, nor my current one to give a full transcript of what was said. As mysteriously http://support.microsoft.com/my/supportrequests now 404s since it was posted here

In a nutshell though, I was told:

Your account looks like it has previously been set to different regions, which has splintered your billing profile and will prevent you from accessing any Microsoft Account Currency.

The most annoying part of all this is the fact it took me 4 months last year to get an erroneous US billing profile deleted from my account, yet apparently its still there causing issues (I never region hopped in the first sodding place!)

Apparently it *is* fixable, and will take them about 4 days, annoyingly missing the Wolfenstein offer!

Before anyone assumes its just me, I had a look on twitter and found several other people with exactly the same issue, within the last 24 hours multiple people have ceased to be able to access their XBL currency on their consoles and in most cases are been told to contact phone support, with the same outcome as I got above.

This guy got the same response about "split" billing accounts:
https://twitter.com/mschaffer/status/489494932290539520

These chaps have the same issue:
https://twitter.com/Chieferz/status/489662125095141377
https://twitter.com/SirMinstral/status/489518181086539776
https://twitter.com/stoned99/status/489478487250853888
https://twitter.com/corrme/status/489514088221790209

So, if this is happening and it DOES stop you from accessing ANY account credit I foresee a problematic future for all those people who "moved" to the US

Yup.

And I cant buy it as randomly my MS£ balance is no longer accessible from my XB1.

MS support claims its because I possibly region changed last year. Odd it worked last week then. Sigh.
I've never region changed and it just suddenly disappeared on mine too. It appears on the billing website though. My xbox is also asking for a new CC even though I have one on file

edit: I should clarify. I have NEVER changed my account region, only changed my console region on Xbox One because it is ALLOWED. I didn't even buy anything though becasue anything available there is available on the US marketplace. If they make me go through all this hassle because of that then something is just not right.

The other day I bought up the price for garden warfare for this weeks offer being high, looking at it today it's now saying it's £20.87 down from £34.79, did something change? I think it was £39.99 originally.

zebwinz

When I worked at Zen, and we were discussing the next-gen pinball with Microsoft back in 2011, table importing was always at the top of our list of features. So yes, they asked.

And the way digital game releases work on Xbox systems is that if you give up your release slot, you may wait weeks or even months to get a new one. Would you endanger your livelihood with a delay of indeterminate length just to have a non-guaranteed chance that you'll be able to give your product away for free?

There aren't release slots on Xbox One. When your game passes cert, you can publish it anytime.

I've never region changed and it just suddenly disappeared on mine too. It appears on the billing website though. My xbox is also asking for a new CC even though I have one on file

edit: I should clarify. I have NEVER changed my account region, only changed my console region on Xbox One because it is ALLOWED. I didn't even buy anything though becasue anything available there is available on the US marketplace. If they make me go through all this hassle because of that then something is just not right.

I went into panic mode and just checked both sides of my account. So far UK and US sides seem fine, have money in both accounts and never changed regions either.

Caayn

Not liking the sound of that, hoping that it's some kind of system error. Bought Wolfenstein without a problem yesterday.

Not using my own region/country for two reasons:
1. My country doesn't have a marketplace (yet)
2. The USA marketplace saves me 33% on each purchase compared to the prices in neighboring, and most likely mine when it goes live, countries.

If MS disables the ability to switch region that would mean the end of digital purchases from me.

Ade

I'm pretty certain the reasons I've been given are BS. But either way, there's a chunk of customers magically unable to use their credit.

Edit: MS called me, its a known issue for a bunch of people NOTHING to do with region switching at all. They're trying to fix it.

bidguy

Banned
i just saw that binding of isaac rebirth isnt coming to xbox one ?
why the hell not ? this is some serious bs who can i bug on twitter about this ?

Bsigg12

i just saw that binding of isaac rebirth isnt coming to xbox one ?
why the hell not ? this is some serious bs who can i bug on twitter about this ?

It's a straight up PlayStation exclusive for a little while. The PC version is coming after the PlayStation version even. I would bug Charla and Edmund though to get them to bring it to the Xbox One eventually.

bidguy

Banned
It's a straight up PlayStation exclusive for a little while. The PC version is coming after the PlayStation version even. I would bug Charla and Edmund though to get them to bring it to the Xbox One eventually.

bummer :(

ill keep playing the base game on pc then, thanks

Top Bottom