• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

theytookourjobz

It's a straight up PlayStation exclusive for a little while. The PC version is coming after the PlayStation version even. I would bug Charla and Edmund though to get them to bring it to the Xbox One eventually.

I'm pretty sure the PC version is day and date with the PS4 version. And Edmund said on his Blog that if people want an XB1 version, they'll do one. Whatever that means.

bidguy

Banned
I'm pretty sure the PC version is day and date with the PS4 version. And Edmund said on his Blog that if people want an XB1 version, they'll do one. Whatever that means.

so its not an exclusive ? i never heard sony actually saying it

could this be another diablo 3 kind of deal ? where they dont talk about it and announce it last minute ?

Probably means Sony were in early with a lot of indies and MS weren't doing anything so they concentrated on the platforms - and possibly even signed an exclusivity deal, which made sense considering the situation at the time (with nothing from MS or ID@Xbox just starting and the parity clause issues it made sense especially if development was well under way).

If MS will let it bypass the parity clause and people want the game on XB1 then they'll presumably go and do it because they want it everywhere

Bsigg12

oh I was under the impression that Sony had locked up a little exclusivity of the game for a little before they release it on PC as a couple Twitch guys said they're buying PS4s for it.

Edit: I forgot the PS4 PS+ users get it for free. I think that's what I was confusing myself with.

Bsigg12

Well here's my Tweet I will push out every day until either Charla or Spencer says something about it. I would love yo see Rebirth come to the Xbox One.

https://twitter.com/BrandonSigg/status/ 490604881602830337

Why the hell won't this work?

QXgf5UX.jpg

bidguy

Banned
I wouldn't mind giving Isaac a try. A good friend of mine says that it's one of his all time favorite games.

its amazing dude youre missing out if you dont play this. its just 5 bucks on steam

thanks for asking bsigg i dont have a twitter account and tumblr is deleting every account i create

Bsigg12

its amazing dude youre missing out if you dont play this. its just 5 bucks on steam

thanks for asking bsigg i dont have a twitter account and tumblr is deleting every account i create

Oh no worries. It's a game I plan on getting day one on PC but would love to be able to play it in my living room on my Xbox. I have sporadically mentioned it but as they get closer to launch I think I'll start being a little more annoying about it.

Ghazi

Question: Does MS let you swap out a current gen arcade game for the next gen ver?

I want to get Super Time Force for the One (is there even a difference?), maybe through refund?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Question: Does MS let you swap out a current gen arcade game for the next gen ver?

I want to get Super Time Force for the One (is there even a difference?), maybe through refund?

No.

Yes, it's 60fps instead of 30fps, among other little things.

Montresor

Looks like maybe MS fucked up early gen with their indie program? Sure the indie games are flowing in now but it's interesting that two great developers like the guys who made Bastion and Super Meat Boy (both absolutely fantastic 360 titles) are making their new games console-exclusive on PS4. I think Phil Fish did the same with the Fez port too.

------

I just finished off Guacamelee and that was an _incredible_ experience. Praise Drinkbox...

Lima

They pissed them off during the 360 era. That is where Microsoft failed to realize how great Xbox Live Arcade was for them. The fucking time slots, pushing sales without the creators permission, mandating price points, need of a publisher, insane patch and certification costs for smaller developers etc.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Um no the game is also 60fps on Xbox 360. It runs at 720p though.

Well, goddamn, iirc Capy themselves said so here on GAF before release when I was deciding if I should go bone or 360 myself, maybe it was a typo although that post was oddly specific.

I wish I could find the link but I'm on my phone, iirc I was pissed about no crossbuy in that same thread

Montresor

Hmmmpph I used to be harshly critical of Child Of Light but the more I play it the more I'm warming up to it. So far it's a solid 3.5/5 for me. I reached Ch.8 and the sequence leading up to that chapter was simply beautiful (thanks to the music, the wonderful art style, the rain/thunder, and the story implications).

I usually hate turn-based battles too but I'm warming up to this game's battle system. It is neat/fun strategizing your attacks, waiting for your next move, slowing down opponents, and trying to time attacks to "interrupt" enemies.

Here's how I rate the download games that I've played:

Child Of Light: 3.5/5
Guacamelee: STCE: 5/5
Valiant Hearts: 4/5
Max Curse Of Brotherhood: 5/5
Trials Fusion: 3/5
Lococycle: 3.5/5 (this one might puzzle people - a simple explation is: I just love Twisted Pixel humour)

Chitown B

Looks like maybe MS fucked up early gen with their indie program? Sure the indie games are flowing in now but it's interesting that two great developers like the guys who made Bastion and Super Meat Boy (both absolutely fantastic 360 titles) are making their new games console-exclusive on PS4. I think Phil Fish did the same with the Fez port too.

------

I just finished off Guacamelee and that was an _incredible_ experience. Praise Drinkbox...

I'm not sure what you mean by the bolded. He put it out on 360 exclusive for a long time, not vice versa.

And then he had a meltdown. I'm still pissed at him

No 'Deals with Gold' for Xbox One this week?

Seems not, the tab is blank on the Gold hub. It literally has the "Deals with Gold" title and just an empty space below it, haha

Good to see the ID@Xbox section has made it to the UK, with Super Time Force on the very front of the store

Chitown B

Wolfenstein wasn't a deal with Gold, it was a deal for everyone in honor of the conference.

The only Deals with Gold last week was PvZ which was next to the free games all week.

got it. Where were the deals listed in an easily grouped space? That's more what annoys me - I don't see any advertisement for deals, which is what we really need on the home space.

THEF3AR

I'm finally taking the next gen plunge. I'll be picking up an Xbox One tomorrow. I wanted to pick up the titanfall bundle, but my local Walmart only has the Forza bundle.

So if anyone is interested I'll trade my code for a titanfall code!

Ape

Banned
I'm finally taking the next gen plunge. I'll be picking up an Xbox One tomorrow. I wanted to pick up the titanfall bundle, but my local Walmart only has the Forza bundle.

So if anyone is interested I'll trade my code for a titanfall code!

Try the buy-sell-trade thread and if that doesn't work just sell it on ebay or craigslist and then use the profit to buy a titanfall code. It looks like Titanfall is going for a little more though.

Top Bottom