• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Kampfheld

Banned
So ... Let's just get some random tidbits and make conclusions! :D

Rune Dittmer (Studio Director) at Press Play said:
“Donkey Kong is my personal favourite but given that we are a part of Microsoft, I think we will never get to work on Donkey Kong and I think Donkey Kong Jungle Beat is one of the best platformers ever made. If we were to choose from Microsoft IPs I would love to make a Banjo game because I feel Banjo series is fun and silly in a good way”.
http://www.illgaming.in/2014/03/pre...e-dittmer-on-upcoming-projects-max-microsoft/

+

Phil Spencer said:
A new Rare platformer 'would be great', says Spencer
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/b...e_platformer_would_be_great_says_spencer.html

+

T5poIKJ.png

Just having some fun ;)

THEF3AR

Hey guys I have a long story to share about my journey with Xbox One. It's long and filled with sadness and happiness. I don't know where else to post it but I feel it's worth sharing. Here it goes:

I first bought an Xbox One in January of 2014. I had my system for two weeks before the disc drive went bad on me. I was still under the retailers warranty so I went back to them and got a new one. 3 weeks later the disc drive stopped reading discs again. I got pissed off at the whole situation and I decided to get my money back and wait to buy one.

Forward to now. I purchased on Xbox One on Wednesday last week. Everything was great until Sunday morning when I booted up my Xbox.

There was no sound and my Kinect was kept saying it's plugged in and unplugged. I did a hard reset and everything seemed like it was back in order. Come back in the afternoon again and same problem. Hard reset, but it did nothing this time. I unplugged the Kinect and hard reset and my Xbox said my Kinect was plugged in and unplugged but my Kinect wasn't even plugged in period. Weird.

I called Xbox Support and explained calmly and happily what happened. I told them this was my 3rd Xbox One and how I gave up and finally came back and they gave me a free year of Xbox Live and told me to go back to the retailer.

I got a new one on Monday this week. Everything was good. Until today same exact problem as before. The same. I tried everything they told me to do. New power source, different TV, different HDMI slot, etc. they didn't know what to do. The guy ended up giving me 3 more months of Xbox Live, and told me to bring it back to the retailer. Cool, but still doesn't really help me. I explained to him how I have all my games digitally which amount to over 200GB and this will be the third time in a week I've had to download that much data. He told me he wished he could do more for me.

Anyways... I get a call tonight from a member of the Xbox Live team saying he overheard my problems and he said he couldn't give me anything, but what he could do is refund my money.

Essentially, he took my past 4, $60 transactions and refunded my account and let me keep my games. He also gave me a year of Xbox Live and a 1 year warranty that I can register within 1 month when I get a system that will work he said. He apologized a million times.

So yeah. I felt like for once they were trying to not make money but make people happy.

Sorry for the wall of text GAF!

manual4

Banned
Hey guys I have a long story to share about my journey with Xbox One. It's long and filled with sadness and happiness. I don't know where else to post it but I feel it's worth sharing. Here it goes:

I first bought an Xbox One in January of 2014. I had my system for two weeks before the disc drive went bad on me. I was still under the retailers warranty so I went back to them and got a new one. 3 weeks later the disc drive stopped reading discs again. I got pissed off at the whole situation and I decided to get my money back and wait to buy one.

Forward to now. I purchased on Xbox One on Wednesday last week. Everything was great until Sunday morning when I booted up my Xbox.

There was no sound and my Kinect was kept saying it's plugged in and unplugged. I did a hard reset and everything seemed like it was back in order. Come back in the afternoon again and same problem. Hard reset, but it did nothing this time. I unplugged the Kinect and hard reset and my Xbox said my Kinect was plugged in and unplugged but my Kinect wasn't even plugged in period. Weird.

I called Xbox Support and explained calmly and happily what happened. I told them this was my 3rd Xbox One and how I gave up and finally came back and they gave me a free year of Xbox Live and told me to go back to the retailer.

I got a new one on Monday this week. Everything was good. Until today same exact problem as before. The same. I tried everything they told me to do. New power source, different TV, different HDMI slot, etc. they didn't know what to do. The guy ended up giving me 3 more months of Xbox Live, and told me to bring it back to the retailer. Cool, but still doesn't really help me. I explained to him how I have all my games digitally which amount to over 200GB and this will be the third time in a week I've had to download that much data. He told me he wished he could do more for me.

Anyways... I get a call tonight from a member of the Xbox Live team saying he overheard my problems and he said he couldn't give me anything, but what he could do is refund my money.

Essentially, he took my past 4, $60 transactions and refunded my account and let me keep my games. He also gave me a year of Xbox Live and a 1 year warranty that I can register within 1 month when I get a system that will work he said. He apologized a million times.

So yeah. I felt like for once they were trying to not make money but make people happy.

wat!!!!!!

Must be nice. I ASKED (not demanded) if they could refund me a game as it was on sale.
I was told no, then e-mailed a letter that said I would be monitored and possibly banned.

THEF3AR

Must be nice. I ASKED (not demanded) if they could refund me a game as it was on sale.
I was told no, then e-mailed a letter that said I would be monitored and possibly banned.

It's stupid that it happened but he just offered to do it and told me I wouldn't lose my games.

fras

Banned

Never say you want a refund for anything other than a technical problem. Always say its the game crashing, you've tried everything(hard reset, redownload, etc.), and you just want a refund. They will say the usual crap, "you only get one refund a year"(which is bullshit, I've gotten at least 4 this year alone). Boom, you get a refund and no threats to ban you.

malfcn

Interestingly, there is are Pinball FX2 packs from $2.49 to $9.99 on the marketplace. They launch7/31 according to the listing.
Also, the game launches with a free table and you can get 1000 gamerscore from it too.

Daigoro

Interestingly, there is are Pinball FX2 packs from $2.49 to $9.99 on the marketplace. They launch7/31 according to the listing.
Also, the game launches with a free table and you can get 1000 gamerscore from it too.

1000 gs from the free table itself?

U2NUMB

It has been delayed till August to allow transfer of tables from the 360.. but the gamerscore thing is very interesting.

malfcn

Stallion83 posted about it: https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?6659-Pinball-FX2-on-Xbox-One-FAQ (But Firefox blocks it for me).

Pinball FX2 on Xbox One FAQ
Can I import my existing Xbox 360 tables to Xbox One?

Yes! Once we have this feature completed, this post will be updated with detailed instructions on how to transfer your purchased tables from Xbox One to Xbox 360.

WHEN!?

Pinball FX2 has been delayed to next month (August) so that we can implement table transfers from Xbox 360 to Xbox One. This post will be updated as soon as we can confirm our official release date.

What tables are coming to Xbox One at launch?

• Deadpool
• Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within: Episode IV A New Hope, Han Solo, Droids, Masters of the Force
• Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Darth Vader
• Star Wars Pinball Original pack: Episode V, Boba Fett, The Clone Wars
• Doctor Strange
• Zen Classics: Shaman, El Dorado, Tesla and V12
• Pinball FX2 Core pack: Biolab, Pasha, Rome, Secrets of the Deep
• Marvel Civil War
• Plants VS. Zombies
• Marvel Pinball pack: Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, and Blade
• Marvel Pinball Avengers Chronicles: World War Hulk, Infinity Gauntlet, The Avengers, and Fear Itself
• Marvel Pinball Vengeance and Virtue: Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Thor, and X-Men
• Epic Quest
• Paranormal
• Sorcerer’s Lair
• Captain America
• Fantastic Four
• Mars
• Earth Defense
• Excalibur
• Plus more tables coming in the near future!

How much does Pinball FX2 cost?
It’s free for all players to download!

Are there any free tables with this version of Pinball FX2?
Yes, one of our fan favorites, Sorcerer’s Lair, is totally free for all players who download the game.

Can I try the tables before I decide to buy?
Yes! There are demos for every table.

Are there any special features/enhancements?
-1080p resolution at 60 frames per second
-Worldwide tournaments
-New achievements
-New menu interface
-Table imports from Xbox 360 to Xbox One

What about achievements?

Sorcerer's Lair (the free table that is included) has 10 achievements worth a total 1000 gamerscore. The rest of the tables have 1 achievement (10 GS each), except for the Deadpool table which has 2 achievements (also 10 GS each).

It has been delayed till August to allow transfer of tables from the 360.. but the gamerscore thing is very interesting.

That is because every Xbox One game (without DLC) should have 1000g. The "free table" counts as the base game in the case of PinballFX.

The drawback is that every DLC table has only one achievement of 10g.

Edited: in honour to Zen Studios announcement about tables transfer, I just bought the SW: Heroes Within pack, the last one I did not have (aside from the soccer tables). Now I am set and ready for the Xbox One version.

I am wondering if the table transfer will work for the original Pinball FX tables, like Excalibur, which I did transfer from Pinball FX1 to Pinball FX2, but in the marketplace it says I did not purchase it for the FX2.

EagleEyes

Anybody have any idea when the next games are gonna drop on X1? This a pathetic showing from Microsoft that a game hasn't been released on X1 in a month. Meanwhile on the other new console they basically have a Summer of Arcade promotion going on atm. This really shows how far Microsoft fell out of favor with devs in the last few years. Get it in gear Microsoft and release some damn games.

Anybody have any idea when the next games are gonna drop on X1? This a pathetic showing from Microsoft that a game hasn't been released on X1 in a month. Meanwhile on the other new console they basically have a Summer of Arcade promotion going on atm. This really shows how far Microsoft fell out of favor with devs in the last few years. Get it in gear Microsoft and release some damn games.

Several games in certification they have said but its up to the developers to be open about whats coming. The Golf Club is one of those games, Pure Pool and Stick it to the Man are soon (PP could be August and SittM dev on twitter said it was "so close" or something), same with Minecraft (August) and obviously Pinball FX2 just got pushed back. You have to consider, they released 6 games in 2 weeks, if they had been spread out one per week we'd have them spread out but thats one of the issues with self-publishing although MS could have perhaps done more there.

Much work to be done but they did say on the ID@Xbox twitter to me that its difficult to announce dates until certification is done.

Pier Solar HD also was in cert and got bounced back with some issues which they're working on... I keep the OP update and I think the list I've got there is a pretty good idea of what games are due as the next wave, just waiting some communication.

EagleEyes

Several games in certification they have said but its up to the developers to be open about whats coming. The Golf Club is one of those games, Pure Pool and Stick it to the Man are soon (PP could be August and SittM dev on twitter said it was "so close" or something), same with Minecraft (August) and obviously Pinball FX2 just got pushed back. You have to consider, they released 6 games in 2 weeks, if they had been spread out one per week we'd have them spread out but thats one of the issues with self-publishing although MS could have perhaps done more there.

Much work to be done but they did say on the ID@Xbox twitter to me that its difficult to announce dates until certification is done.

Pier Solar HD also was in cert and got bounced back with some issues which they're working on... I keep the OP update and I think the list I've got there is a pretty good idea of what games are due as the next wave, just waiting some communication.
Thanks for the update. It's just so frustrating that if the X1 were my only console i'd be very disappointed so far in the output of games. Most all the games you listed are games that are already out on other consoles and thats Microsoft's problem currently. Where are the original games that we saw launch first or exclusively on Xbox 360?

I agree it is disappointing to see no games this month since Guacamelee on the 2nd. Also pretty funny that something MS was known for (Summer of Arcade) didn't happen this year and instead Sony had their own SoA type deal announced to be happening in August. How the tables have turned.

Skele7on

Banned

This is legitimately the nicest thing I have ever heard Microsoft do.

I have had some awful awful customer service from their support but this has given me some new found faith in the service.

I hope this xbox lasts dude, sounds like you deserve a change of luck.

EagleEyes

I agree it is disappointing to see no games this month since Guacamelee on the 2nd. Also pretty funny that something MS was known for (Summer of Arcade) didn't happen this year and instead Sony had their own SoA type deal announced to be happening in August. How the tables have turned.
As an Xbox fan its just sad seeing how complacent they got over the last few years and I definitely think it was in large part to the old management team. On the bright side the new team seems much more dedicated but in the here and now its been frustrating.

This is exactly how I feel. They basically started the indie movement on console, but this gen it seems like they just didn't have a plan for it. Spencer just took over this year so it'll be a few years before we see games he greenlights. But hopefully they have a solution.

I know but I only bought it from Kmart because I got a 300$ gift card from Sears for buying a snow blower.
That was a very nice story, thanks for sharing! I'm really glad they could help you a little bit. I hope the next console you get will work :/.

I too had a decent experience with support last week. I had an issue where I couldn't purchase anything using my microsoft account funds. It took them a week to fix, but they refunded me $20 I spent on Trials Fusion season pass for the trouble so I am happy and the issue is fixed.

Chitown B

that's wacky as hell. but it will get me to download it!

to be completely honest, for us GS freaks the X1 is kinda ruining the special feeling of GS. Everything has so many points, even really easy games like Max have 1000. It kinda cheapens your total score.

/stupid reasons to complain.

Several games in certification they have said but its up to the developers to be open about whats coming. The Golf Club is one of those games,

The Golf Club was submitted on 7/11 for certification, but I understand that HB Studios is now having to fix the problems Microsoft and Sony identified with it (both versions were submitted the same day). HB Studios say they've been working 8:00 AM to 3:00 AM to get the problems worked out, but they're now taking a few days off. They must be confident they've got it good to go. I'd guess we're still about a week away from seeing it on marketplace.

This game has a chance to become a sleeper hit. If they can get it on the market for less than $40, I think it will get more attention. It's hard to gauge the market for a simulation oriented game like this, but I think the XBox One market is comprised of a lot of 40+ gamers who will be more inclined to play this game.

Thanks for the update. It's just so frustrating that if the X1 were my only console i'd be very disappointed so far in the output of games. Most all the games you listed are games that are already out on other consoles and thats Microsoft's problem currently. Where are the original games that we saw launch first or exclusively on Xbox 360?

Get Wolfenstein and be happy. That's worked for me :)

Anybody ever here about this game called Mercury. This footage is from China Joy and I think it's from Epic Games China but I can't find any info on it

Gameplay from China Joy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdJhhmzMzyc&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for the extended footage! I noticed it in the montage trailer. I made a list of all the new games that appeared in that trailer that we didn't have anything on. Here they are if you are curious: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=123345176&postcount=30

Indeed this is HUGE for The Golf Club! People are going to be shocked at the caliber of user created courses that have already been made for the PC version. I can't wait to see courses like Tomahawk G.C, Blue Valley HD, Red Diamond G&C, Belle Meade, and Autumn Ridge G.C. in 1080p, high detail graphics at something greater than 17 FPS (which is all my lowly PC can do at those settings). Honestly, I don't play the PC version at those settings because the game is really unplayable in anything less than 30 FPS, IMO. I'm having to play at 1600 x 900, low-detail graphics settings to get 30 - 34 FPS, and the natural beauty of the courses take a real hit in low-detail.

Seriously though, there are at least 3 dozen courses already that I consider commercial grade quality. This will make even a $40 price tag seem like a tremendous bargain in the long haul.

My impressions on Strike Suit Zero after playing the first two chapters on normal and trying out the strike suit in combat:

Game is borderline average in gameplay, I can see what they are trying to do with it but after playing Project Sylpheed multiple times, this game really falls short, the controls suffer too.

The music is also trying to be ... epic? but it's just annoying chants and no real tune to go with it, actually makes me feel like playing is a chore more then for entertainment.

malcher

If I buy a digital version of FIFA 15 (or any game basically) from US marketplace, but run it from my UK account (which is actually located in Poland :), will I be connected to UK or US servers for online play? Anyone knows?

LNBL

If I buy a digital version of FIFA 15 (or any game basically) from US marketplace, but run it from my UK account (which is actually located in Poland :), will I be connected to UK or US servers for online play? Anyone knows?

Does fifa not run on a single server?

My impressions on Strike Suit Zero after playing the first two chapters on normal and trying out the strike suit in combat:

Game is borderline average in gameplay, I can see what they are trying to do with it but after playing Project Sylpheed multiple times, this game really falls short, the controls suffer too.

The music is also trying to be ... epic? but it's just annoying chants and no real tune to go with it, actually makes me feel like playing is a chore more then for entertainment.

See, it reminded me of Project Sylpheed too, but I actually think SSZ is better. Lower production, certainly, and significantly easier (excepting the optional objectives, which are kind of a bitch), but overall better. The lack of a hidden fail timer alone sets it above.

Top Bottom