• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

ElNino

Honestly, I was just a little bit disappointed to see that the projected release date will be that late. If they can get it on the market at least a week before Madden, it will help get it a little more time in the sports gamer's spotlight before attentions wander elsewhere.
To be fair, I don't believe the typical Madden buying would be interested in TGC anyway. That's not to say that there wouldn't be some Madden gamers who would like TGC, but I think those who are interested in what TGC is (a fairly bare bones game relying on user content) would likely buy it regardless of the week it comes out in.

Etnos

Banned
Really enjoying 1001 spikes and Super Time Force. Does anyone knows is there any chance for Spelunky on the Xbone?

To be fair, I don't believe the typical Madden buying would be interested in TGC anyway. That's not to say that there wouldn't be some Madden gamers who would like TGC, but I think those who are interested in what TGC is (a fairly bare bones game relying on user content) would likely buy it regardless of the week it comes out in.

I think there's a "flavor of the month" segment of gamers out there who will at least give a few minutes of undivided attention to something they haven't heard of when it's not being overshadowed by one of the household name blockbusters. You're right though, the folks who are already interested in golf games, or The Golf Club aren't going to be phased by Madden 15's release.

I'd just like to see how the seeds that The Golf Club plants in the minds of fence-sitting gamers would eventually bear fruit, if it did have a chance to live in the sports gaming spotlight by itself for one week.

Angry Birds Star Wars was $49.99 now $25.00

Orca

I think there's a "flavor of the month" segment of gamers out there who will at least give a few minutes of undivided attention to something they haven't heard of when it's not being overshadowed by one of the household name blockbusters. You're right though, the folks who are already interested in golf games, or The Golf Club aren't going to be phased by Madden 15's release.

I'd just like to see how the seeds that The Golf Club plants in the minds of fence-sitting gamers would eventually bear fruit, if it did have a chance to live in the sports gaming spotlight by itself for one week.

A friend of mine isn't overly into gaming as a whole, but he plays golf games on an 'every two years or so' basis with PGA and whatever cartoony ones come out, but he caught wind of TGC somehow and has been asking when it's coming every time we run into one another...so there's some buzz out there for it.

Anyone else having problems launching Crimson Dragon? I see the title screen and then it goes black. I've reinstalled it and everything.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Angry Birds was $50? Hollyshit. Is this real life, now I gotta watch some videos and reviews for this game. It cant be the phone version right? RIGHT? this is 50x the value of original lol

Alx

Sometimes a faster way to solve such problem is to close manually the latest games you had running (highlight tile, press menu -> quit). I suppose some games have issues with the "instant resume" function.

SpeedRunners is coming to X1 in 2015. Trailer at the GAF topic here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=868319

I back this game in it's early stages with no thought it would make it to Xbox One as it wasn't a stretch goal and PS4 was at like 90k. Then in the last week or so the Xbox One stretch goal was added at 45k which kinda surprised me. I'm very happy it made it made the goal and I can't wait to play.

Yep, very weird that PS4 stretch is pretty much double what XB1 is. I would imagine it will find it's way to PS4 shortly after X1 though.

I didnt see anything about it on here yet, They are lowering some digital and retail prices permanently

Dead Rising 3 $49.99
Forza Motorsport 5 $49.99
Kinect Sports Rivals $49.99
Ryse $49.99

arhra

Certainly there will be more than just that? Right?

Right?

Looks like there's also the usual tepid discounts on the various CoD Ghosts: Overpriced Editions that seemingly pop up every other week.

And permanent drops to $50 for Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Kinect Sports Rivals, and Ryse.

eastx

I finally beat Guacamelee last night.... But the Achievement didn't pop for it. Then I got a message that it couldn't post my score to the leaderboard because I wasn't connected to Xbox Live. Couldn't view the leaderboard either.

Dashboarded, of course my system was still connected to Xbox Live. But the game couldn't see it. So I closed the game and restarted it. Hey, all of the progress I made in that session is gone! No Achievement and I have to work my way back through the pain-in-the-ass final area. Darn it.

Twice during that session, I also experienced enemies teleporting and then failing to reappear. Both times I couldn't move on (the area clear wouldn't trigger) and had to quit to the title screen. Guess I should have exited the whole game when that happened or something.

Netprints

I finally beat Guacamelee last night.... But the Achievement didn't pop for it. Then I got a message that it couldn't post my score to the leaderboard because I wasn't connected to Xbox Live. Couldn't view the leaderboard either.

Dashboarded, of course my system was still connected to Xbox Live. But the game couldn't see it. So I closed the game and restarted it. Hey, all of the progress I made in that session is gone! No Achievement and I have to work my way back through the pain-in-the-ass final area. Darn it.

Twice during that session, I also experienced enemies teleporting and then failing to reappear. Both times I couldn't move on (the area clear wouldn't trigger) and had to quit to the title screen. Guess I should have exited the whole game when that happened or something.

I had the same issue, played it again after that. I also had gotten all gold in the trails, had to redo it again. At least its a fun game.

A friend of mine isn't overly into gaming as a whole, but he plays golf games on an 'every two years or so' basis with PGA and whatever cartoony ones come out, but he caught wind of TGC somehow and has been asking when it's coming every time we run into one another...so there's some buzz out there for it.

I wonder how many others like your friend are out there? Some of my golf companions who aren't necessarily gamers, were always willing to try out the new Tiger Woods game with me each year on PS2 and then on the XBox 360, seem to be interested enough to see if there's anything in the game for them. However, even if I set the game to play as simulation as it can play, they still blow it off as being too arcadey. A couple of them used to play Links 2003 on their PCs, but they haven't liked anything since.

Thanks for sharing your report though... this could be 'trending'

Ignore and unfollow that account, it isn't official. Pure Pool's publisher tweeted me yesterday that it was still coming and they would let me know when more news is available so I highly doubt it is out today.

Kampfheld

Banned
Ignore and unfollow that account, it isn't official. Pure Pool's publisher tweeted me yesterday that it was still coming and they would let me know when more news is available so I highly doubt it is out today.

Seems like it is true. People are playing it + Community Coordinator for Microsoft Dae Jim confirms Dae Jim @Dae_Jim · 24m #PurePool is out for #XboxOne Check it out guys!

Only US maybe? Bing it probably.

I hate the way they release new titles. It's about damn time they get a structure into that.

Oh and just to add that: the Xbox Store Twitter account is official afaik.

*EDIT*

chris_charla:
Hi everyone.
Pure Pool did not ship today. Not sure where this erroneous info is coming from, but yeah it has not shipped on Xbox One.
Man, so many false info ... They REALLY need to work on their release structures.

Ubisoft has announced the Hasbro Game Channel, offering new ways to play popular Hasbro family board game brands this autumn on Xbox One and PS4. Monopoly, Risk and Trivial Pursuit will be available to play through the channel on Xbox One and PS4, while on Xbox 360 and PS3, each game will be released for individual download via XBLA and PSN.

Hasbro Game Channel

Sounds interesting, depends on the pricing though

Seems like it is true. People are playing it + Community Coordinator for Microsoft Dae Jim confirms Dae Jim @Dae_Jim · 24m #PurePool is out for #XboxOne Check it out guys!

Only US maybe? Bing it probably.

I hate the way they release new titles. It's about damn time they get a structure into that.

Oh and just to add that: the Xbox Store Twitter account is official afaik.

*EDIT*

chris_charla:

Man, so many false info ... They REALLY need to work on their release structures.

Binged it multiple times last night on Xbox One US, it isn't out. It also isn't on trueachievements which updates every couple hours with people who have played it. Where are you seeing people playing it?

edit: I see your edit now :p

ElNino

That's good to hear. I just want to play a good golf game again, and nothing since the Links series has really held my interest too long. Some of the EA games were fun for what they were, but I found they became less interesting the more "serious" they took themselves.

Top Bottom