• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Alx

I don't really care about the covers (maybe don't even notice them), a good song is a good song, and when you're dancing to it you're not exactly focusing on the artist's interpretation.

Went to import my pinball fx 2 tables across but it's trying to charge me.

I know I have some tables, I was competing against others gaffes on tables like rome and creatures of the deep back when it was released on 360

Krilekk

Banned

I know I have some tables, I was competing against others gaffes on tables like rome and creatures of the deep back when it was released on 360

It's a bit buggy still. First time it tried to charge me, then it told me buy for 0.00. Now it just says Buy/Import table for whatever. I managed to get all of my tables imported, though. I have some others on a different gamertag, maybe that's what happened to you?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

It let me do most of mine, but I know for certain I had one Star Wars set, Civil War, and the Avengers set on my 360 and it still tries to charge me for those.

I just had the core pack, just loaded the 360 version to check... fired up biolab.
Tried xbo version again, still tries to charge me.

Dunno... maybe it doesn't pay nice with Australian accounts?

I know it's an early release but some of the text is too small to read clearly on my 720p tv if I sit back, it's really scaled down.

How do you import tables? I don't remember which ones I own and my 360 is currently at my nephews.

I didn't have any problems with the table import. I didn't even use the import feature in FX2 and downloaded the tables through the store. For 0.00 € each.

I just had the core pack, just loaded the 360 version to check... fired up biolab.
Tried xbo version again, still tries to charge me.

Dunno... maybe it doesn't pay nice with Australian accounts?

Dunno, but I imported fine and my original 360 purchases were in a US account. Now in One I have downloaded the tables from the Brazilian Marketplace fine.

But the original FX1 pack is still not available, right? (Agents, etc). I am wondering if they will Be free for me (along SF) cause I have trasferred them from FX1 to FX2.

Hopefully with Pinball FX2 out now, and The Golf Club next week we'll start to get a steady stream of games coming through, seems to be plenty "due" for release, getting rated etc.

zorbsie

All of my tables transferred fine except for the first Star Wars pack. Its not trying to charge me for it. But when I click to download it nothing happens. That was last night, maybe it will be working later today. I'll try hard resetting the system too, just in case.

eastx

Defense Grid 2 is coming on September 23. I think the date is meant to be for all platforms.

505 Games and Hidden Path Entertainment today announced that Defense Grid 2, the sequel to the 2008 tower defense critical hit, will launch on September 23, 2014. The game is currently available for pre-order on Steam and will be released for digital download on PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Alx

Sorry for my ignorance, but is there a big difference between tables ? I'm not much into pinball as you can guess, and although I've played some from time to time I usually get the feeling all tables are very similar (it's only bumpers, flippers and rails, right ?).
Maybe it's a good opportunity for me to get educated by people with experience in the genre... :)

eastx

Sorry for my ignorance, but is there a big difference between tables ? I'm not much into pinball as you can guess, and although I've played some from time to time I usually get the feeling all tables are very similar (it's only bumpers, flippers and rails, right ?).
Maybe it's a good opportunity for me to get educated by people with experience in the genre... :)

They're all like totally different, dude. I mean, look at the pictures.

Beyond different layouts, artwork, voice acting, etc, each table also has unique minigames and goals. Somebody else could probably go into more detail.

Hey guys, I'd like to share some more info about Pinball FX2 and some of you not seeing some tables you may have purchased on 360.

The following tables are not released on Xbox One yet, but are coming soon (per an email with Zen Studios PR):
- Earth Defense
- Excalibur
- Marvel Pinball: Original Pack
- Street Fighter II
- Plants vs. Zombies
- Super League Football
- The Walking Dead (August 28)

So, this is why some of you might not be seeing some tables if they are the ones above.

So, here are the luanch tables:

  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  •  Deadpool
  •  Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within: Episode IV A New Hope, Han Solo, Droids, Masters of the Force
  •  Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Darth Vader
  •  Star Wars Pinball Original pack: Episode V, Boba Fett, The Clone Wars
  •  Doctor Strange
  •  Zen Classics: Shaman, El Dorado, Tesla and V12
  •  Pinball FX2 Core pack: Biolab, Pasha, Rome, Secrets of the Deep
  •  Marvel Civil War
  •  Marvel Pinball Avengers Chronicles: World War Hulk, Infinity Gauntlet, The Avengers, and Fear Itself
  •  Marvel Pinball Vengeance and Virtue: Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Thor, and X-Men
  •  Epic Quest
  •  Paranormal
  •  Sorcerer’s Lair
  •  Captain America
  •  Fantastic Four
  •  Mars

so suggest for me the best star wars pack (3 different?), and the best overall pack from those available please

Yeah, i'm interested in hearing which of the released tables are the best. Haven't played pinball (or virtual pinball) in years, but I see myself getting into this.

so suggest for me the best star wars pack (3 different?), and the best overall pack from those available please
Not really into any of the SW tables, but that may be because I lost quite a bit of interest in the Zen games after Farsight's TPA offered truer-to-life physics.
As for the best overall pack of tables, I seem to remember thinking it was kind of a tossup between the first Marvel pack (with Blade) and the Vengeance and Virtue one for me. Also, the core pack, with Secrets of the Deep and Biolab was fun. You should just trial all of them to see what you like instead of buying in blind, though.

zorbsie

ela! zorbs! wake up! and anybody else who knows his shit, help a couple of bros here :D

I don't have all the star wars tables. I like the first pack a lot. the clone wars table is probably my favourite out of that batch. I've heard good things about the other two set as well. I'm not being that helpful am I?

From the other tables released, I love epic quest, it's a cool idea with the loot and leveling. The new Guardians table is also pretty cool. I also like the Zen Classics pack and the Pinball FX2 Core pack. Those should keep you busy for a while.

A shame they got rid of the preview mode from the 360 version. Would be nice to try out a table for 10 - 15 minutes before putting money in on it.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, but there doesn't seem to be a "Hey, You Just Got A Xbox One!" Thread and I had a pretty specific question about retail download games.

Like, Destiny, will it be available to buy at 12 Midnight EST on Release Date Night?

Also, what are like the must have games? I picked up Titanfall on that sale...

EktorPR

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, but there doesn't seem to be a "Hey, You Just Got A Xbox One!" Thread and I had a pretty specific question about retail download games.

Like, Destiny, will it be available to buy at 12 Midnight EST on Release Date Night?

I believe it will.

As for "must have" games, I suggest Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (if you're not a multi-platform gamer), Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (same) and Killer Instinct. I personally love Powerstar Golf, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Also, congrats on your new XBO purchase and welcome! :D

theDeeDubs

Dead Rising 3 was great. Ryse for some eye candy and decent batman combat. Assuming you've played the multiplats elsewhere?

Welcome to the club!

Must have games?

Super Time Force, Sixty Second Shooter Prime, Powerstar Golf, Killer Instinct, Max The Curse of Brotherhood, Peggle 2 (these ones not on other next-gen consoles)

Do you have gold? Make sure you pick up Crimson Dragon and Strike Suit Zero if you do

For retail stuff: the exclusive launch titles were good - Ryse, DR3, Forza, Zoo Tycoon...

Depends what sort of games you're into but theres a decent amount of choice

I believe it will.

As for "must have" games, I suggest Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (if you're not a multi-platform gamer), Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (same) and Killer Instinct. I personally love Powerstar Golf, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Also, congrats on your new XBO purchase and welcome! :D

Totally agree with PvZ and Guacamelee -- they're both amazing titles. (KI didn't gel with me, but I'm not a big fighting game player).

I'd also recommend Dead Rising 3 (even if you didn't like the first 2, which I didn't) and Ryse if you can get it cheap. And as far as indies go, Child of Light and Valiant Hearts are both great if you haven't played them.

Yeah, I have Gold. Lucked out with the Titanfall sale this week. Almost hesitant to pick up Forza lest it be saled soon, but I would definitely like it.

p3tran

Banned
thanks mightyH and zorbs.

here's what I found, hopefully it saves somebody time

xbone trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPRhDGm_deM

youtube videos of all tables/packs:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ZenStudiosGames/videos

pdf table guides
http://blog.zenstudios.com/?page_id=637

I think that to wet my star wars appetite i will d/l this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImA-9iA451o

oh shit, clone wars is cool too

edit:
while playing, the notification popups block exactly the critical area. this needs some attention.. :)

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
It's too bad you can't import tables from the Windows 8 version. I like playing it on my Surface so I have a few tables on there. Unfortunately the Windows 8 version is missing a bunch of the new tables until they release an update.

edit:
while playing, the notification popups block exactly the critical area. this needs some attention.. :)

Oh wow, that's a pretty big oversight. I'll tweet them and ask whats up with that.

edit: From Zen on twitter "Looking into it. Agree this is a bad location for the pop ups."

zorbsie

I think that to wet my star wars appetite i will d/l this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImA-9iA451o

oh shit, clone wars is cool too

edit:

Buying that one too. Can't say no to Solo.

When I was streaming last night the "# watching now" overlay was right over the flippers and gutter. Missed a bunch of timing shots because of it. I guess you could turn notifications off during pinball, but that sounds like a real hassle.

If you enjoy shooters, pick up Wolfenstein. It's awesome.

I don't think Destiny will be available at midnight EST. Xbox is on PST, so games are usually available at 3am EST or shortly after.

I'm hoping that pre-loading will us start playing games at midnight.

I don't think Destiny will be available at midnight EST. Xbox is on PST, so games are usually available at 3am EST or shortly after.

I'm hoping that pre-loading will us start playing games at midnight.

omfg fml

i hope preloading is available for sunset because i want to start playing it soon after...sunset

p3tran

Banned
edit: From Zen on twitter "Looking into it. Agree this is a bad location for the pop ups."

since it looks like you are ..connected :) could you please offer the suggestion to move popups to lower left side? that place would be perfect, i just dont know if ms has provided the tools to do this easily..
if not, tell to major nelson :p

Gowans

Just came here to post about the achievement popup placement on pinball fx 2 arg!!! Pause the game and go away.

Box art is horrific too but love the game, already have a king of games leaderboard comp with mates on sorcerers lair.

dieter

Neo Member
Just came here to post about the achievement popup placement on pinball fx 2 arg!!! Pause the game and go away.

Haha, I told my wife to try the first table to try get some achievements, and she came back saying the notifications are really unfair. I queued all the tables, so it kept popping up with notifications when each table/pack was downloaded.

Sordid

Also is the leaderboard borked saving the last score and not highest?

Something seems odd, I got around 9 million points on one of my games on the free table but when my missus got 14 million with her gemertag the leaderboard said my best was 3 million.

They are really pushing the game, so I would assume it will offer it.

Phil said he wants all MS titles to offer it at least to pave the way, so I fully expect it to be.

I think the fact that they mentioned it at Gamescom must mean that it is coming up in the September update. Maybe?

It has to at least be part of the October update for you to pre-load Sunset Overdrive.

theDeeDubs

Is it cynical that I'm afraid preload exclusivity will be a thing someday lol?

Seriously though, I could've sworn they would've had it ready by Destiny since it will be a big one.

I think the fact that they mentioned it at Gamescom must mean that it is coming up in the September update. Maybe?

It has to at least be part of the October update for you to pre-load Sunset Overdrive.

FIFA and Forza Horizon 2 are the first games to use it, so mid-September.

No Destiny, sadly. Sunset is still in with a chance tho.

Anyone else having problems with achievements? Live status is clear, but I have a Pinball FX2 cheevo that unlocked but won't post and a Ground Zeroes cheevo that won't unlock.

Sunset is still in with a chance tho.

I think Sunset Overdrive is a lock since Insomniac broke the pre-ordering/pre-loading news in a Sunset TV episode.

Also is the leaderboard borked saving the last score and not highest?

Leaderboards are definitely borked. I think it's a profile issue because it's actually swapping around avatar pics.

Its a shame you can't download a game without owning it then just require the final authentication from either disc or payment to the store to play a game.

Top Bottom