• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

kevin1025

Banned
I got excited, Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel are on the Xbox Store on Xbox.com separately, but they say bundle only :( I was hoping they would be separate purchases for a second there.

As you guys already know these have come out.

Thanks for popping by Rlan and posting about Fruit Ninja Kinect 2!

Steamworld Dig got PEGI rated today btw

And I forgot to mention RBI Baseball is out the same day as Neverwinter:

rbi15k0ube.png

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Watching a twitch stream of Ziggurat and i liked the game.Very fun to play but not at 15$.When is goes 50% off i'll buy it.

Ziggurat is cool. It really does feel like a modern Heretic/Hexen with a splash of Serious Sam. If that sounds interesting, then this is definitely worth $15.

One thing that is bugging me though is the screen tearing. I mean it tears even in the menus, so hopefully this is something that can be patched.

Edit: I've encountered some rooms that are big and crowded, and the frame rate goes to hell.

U2NUMB

Alright need some help here.. never had this problem last this long. I bought Fruit Ninja Kinect 2 on launch day... I still can not get it to install. It gets to 100% and then says Installation stopped. I have deleted it.. re tried to install multiple times. Re booted.. restarted.. stood on one leg.. NOTHING is working.

Any ideas as to what I can try? Installing on external drive, 3 TB with 1.8 TB remaining and no other issues from other games.

statham

Alright need some help here.. never had this problem last this long. I bought Fruit Ninja Kinect 2 on launch day... I still can not get it to install. It gets to 100% and then says Installation stopped. I have deleted it.. re tried to install multiple times. Re booted.. restarted.. stood on one leg.. NOTHING is working.

Any ideas as to what I can try? Installing on external drive, 3 TB with 1.8 TB remaining and no other issues from other games.

I've had this happened a couple of times, I had to hardboot, then switch over to the internal to download and it played, at that point I could move it over to the external.

Ziggurat is cool. It really does feel like a modern Heretic/Hexen with a splash of Serious Sam. If that sounds interesting, then this is definitely worth $15.

I sort of wish it had the same level structure as Heretic/Hexen though. Ziggurat is laid out like a lot of rogue-likes. (enter room, kill everything, go to next room, repeat)

eastx

I sort of wish it had the same level structure as Heretic/Hexen though. Ziggurat is laid out like a lot of rogue-likes. (enter room, kill everything, go to next room, repeat)

It is a roguelike, yes.

Protip: if you want to be able to actually beat Ziggurat, play through on Easy first. Normal is quite unfair IMO - hopefully it gets easier after you unlock more characters and stuff.

I got to the final boss and the frame rate was terrible. So much going on in that room. :/

An actual modern Hexen would be amazing. But I don't mind that this is rogue-like. I think I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of Endless mode.

U2NUMB

I've had this happened a couple of times, I had to hardboot, then switch over to the internal to download and it played, at that point I could move it over to the external.

Well l rebooted... switched to internal.. same issue. I also for some reason have this Battlefield Hardline Beta install now stopped.. tried to delete it over and over and nothing.

Am I going to have to call MS about this? Have them walk me through all the stupid stuff I just did only to what? Have them tell me to ship them my X1.. hell no.

Sometimes I love the digital concept and sometimes I just hate it.

Well l rebooted... switched to internal.. same issue. I also for some reason have this Battlefield Hardline Beta install now stopped.. tried to delete it over and over and nothing.

Am I going to have to call MS about this? Have them walk me through all the stupid stuff I just did only to what? Have them tell me to ship them my X1.. hell no.

Same boat here. Now Magic refuses to finish its Update.

Try to leave some space in the internsl HDD (at less 10%). I had issues in the past with the xbox OS and low space on disk. I will try again later.

statham

Sorry, I figured my fix would work for you. :(

U2NUMB

Same boat here. Now Magic refuses to finish its Update.

Try to leave some space in the internsl HDD (at less 10%). I had issues in the past with the xbox OS and low space on disk. I will try again later.

Well Xbox Support worked for me.. gonna post what they told me via chat.

Louie Anthony: Great! Now, kindly remove your profile on your console.

Louie Anthony: To delete the profile, please go to Home screen >> Menu button on your controller >> Settings >> Scroll to the right >> Under OTHER PEOPLE, select Remove accounts >> Select the account that you want to remove >> Choose this person >> Remove from this Xbox to confirm >> Close.

Louie Anthony: After you have done that, please go to Settings >> Network >> Advanced Settings >> Alternate MAC >> Clear Alternate MAC >> Then restart the console.

Louie Anthony: Now, we will need to re-download your profile, kindly click the Sign In button on the main dashboard of your console> Add New> Type in the log-in credentials for your account.

Forsythia

Read the following threads, as it seems you're encountering this bug too (had it myself): http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4270/t/1940988.aspx / http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_a...iew_forums/wave_11_1503/f/5221/t/1932343.aspx (only accessible if you're in the preview)

The april preview fixed it for me.

Korosenai

So... Ziggurat looks interesting. There's also nothing on it on GAF except for the few posts in this thread. I couldn't even find but 3 random reviews for it. It looks really fun though, so are there any updated impressions from anyone who has bought it?

zorbsie

So... Ziggurat looks interesting. There's also nothing on it on GAF except for the few posts in this thread. I couldn't even find but 3 random reviews for it. It looks really fun though, so are there any updated impressions from anyone who has bought it?

I really like it. I do find normal to be very hard at first. I played a bunch on easy, but found that it was too easy. After unlocking more items and characters I jumped back to normal. It's fun in short bursts. I love that it has a FOV slider. Sadly it can have some slow downs and there is screen tearing visible. It's a neat FPS rogue like and I feel it was worth the money. I've already put a bunch of hours into it. SkinnerSweet has played it a bunch too, I'm sure he can chime in on the topic for you.

I've enjoyed Ziggurat a lot.

Negatives:

- Screen tearing
- Frame rate nosedives in large rooms, including the final boss in the non-endless modes
- XB1 doesn't support leaderboards like the PC version does
- The monster and environment variety is already getting a tad stale

Positives:

- FPS rogue-like!
- Difficulty
- Tight FPS controls, particularly for an indie
- Interesting leveling system
- Fun, rewarding weapon variety (wand, spell book, staff, alchemy)

Like eastx and zorbs, I though Normal mode was unfair at first. But each time you win or die, you're earning perks for subsequent play-throughs.

After beating Easy, Normal doesn't seem too bad, but some of the achievements are proving challenging, in a good way.

Edit: I like the platforming in Ziggurat too, as well as the risk/reward aspect of the trap rooms.

Right now I'm trying to get the "get to the second level w/o taking damage" cheevo, and it's driving me crazy. Oh so close.

zorbsie

I think there is leaderboards but you only have access to them after you win/die. Or when you pause during the game. There is no way to get to them from the main menu.

eastx

I think there is leaderboards but you only have access to them after you win/die. Or when you pause during the game. There is no way to get to them from the main menu.

Leaderboards are found under Extras from the main menu, just above Credits.

eastx

One of the pics in your review is pixelated. Is that the CARMACK cheat code? And if so, are the cheat codes usable on the XB1 version?

It's a random effect you can encounter in one of the rooms, like the ones that boost your damage or increase mana consumption. Not sure if there are actual cheat codes on Xbox One, but I'll ask the developer.

This weeks releases:

slenderueux5.png
fh2ff4ky1c.png
oddworldnewntastyzezx6.png

Looking forward to the FH2 thing, should be an interesting experiment and free is always good.

I maxed out the character limit in the OP so I have started removing the links to Xbox.com for older games. I assume no-one is going to upset that Crimson Dragon and Lococycle are no longer linked, haha

eastx

Looking forward to the FH2 thing, should be an interesting experiment and free is always good.

I maxed out the character limit in the OP so I have started removing the links to Xbox.com for older games. I assume no-one is going to upset that Crimson Dragon and Lococycle are no longer linked, haha

Maybe you could get a mod to give you the second post? They've done that for me on other sites.

Montresor

Forza Horizon Fast & Furious spinoff + Oddworld game for me next week.

Not sure if I posted this yet but I finished White Night one or two weeks ago (got the full 1000/1000) - that game was absolutely incredible. One of the best games on the system for me so far. Very wonderful cross between a point-and-click adventure and a survival horror, with a beautiful black/white art style - nothing is drab in this game. It's all shiny and bright and beautiful. It has a lot of scary and tense moments. And to anyone holding off because they think they might run out of matches - I never came close. I think once you realize that the game permanently saves your collectibles (i.e. journal entries, newspaper entries), even if you die, you realize just how comfortably you can explore and not have to worry about losing matches.

White Night was just fantastic.

Backlog growing exponentially it seems, lolz. Right now I'm working through Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishment and Lara Croft Temple of Osiris (enjoying both of them a lot). In the meantime I've had to add DmC Definitive and Ori to my list of games I'll want to play in the future... and as mentioned I'll need to add the Fast/Furious game and the Oddworld game too.

Top Bottom