• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Special C

I finished my first playthrough of Ziggeraut on Easy. It was interesting but I was never in any real danger of ever dying. I don't see myself ever playing Easy again with each class. Hopefully normal is challenging enough without being frustrating. All in all I'm slightly disappointed. Hand of Fate was much more interesting.

wearedoomedhysn4.png

First confirmed release date for April

E92 M3

Thanks. Demos really help me out on games I'm not sure about - don't know why this gen they are such a rarity. On the 360, everything had a demo. Good times.

Thanks. Demos really help me out on games I'm not sure about - don't know why this gen they are such a rarity. On the 360, everything had a demo. Good times.

Devs didn't like it, there was a separate certification process and it took a while, so MS gave devs what they wanted.

:(

Fox Mulder

Devs bitched about them. So now $20 indie games have to sell on word of mouth and twitter marketing or something.

I got so many impulse buys on xbla after getting hooked with a demo. oh well, their loss. There's probably stats that show demos aren't worth it for most people.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Digital Pro Edition - 33% off ($66.99)
Evolve Digital Deluxe - 20% off ($63.99)
Evolve - 20% off ($47.99)
Forza Horizon 2 Digital Edition - 20% off ($47.99)
Threes! - 50% off ($3.50)
WWE 2K15 Wrestlemania Bundle - 45% off ($64.34)
WWE 2K15 Digital Deluxe - 33% off ($53.59)
WWE 2K15 - 33% off ($40.19)
One More Match (WWE 2K15) - 35% off ($7.49)
Hall of Pain (WWE 2K15) - 35% off ($7.49)
WCW Pack (WWE 2k15) - 20% off ($5.99)

Eh, not enough decent deals.

Might check out Threes, but I'm not sure I'd ever play it on the X1. It's more of a five/ten minute game when you're waiting for the train or when you're bored at work...

Brakara

Might check out Threes, but I'm not sure I'd ever play it on the X1. It's more of a five/ten minute game when you're waiting for the train or when you're bored at work...

You can snap it and play while watching something else (like a semi-interesting TV show). But, personally, I just use my iPad for that.

Doffen

I hope they eventually release it on Windows 10 with cross-buy. And lower the price to $1.99.

I hope they eventually release it on Windows 10 with cross-buy. And lower the price to $1.99.
Im really hopin they work on retroactive cross buy for games like Ori and State of Decay on Win10. Phil already said Ori should be there, so I'm really hoping they take cross buy seriously

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Devs bitched about them. So now $20 indie games have to sell on word of mouth and twitter marketing or something.

I got so many impulse buys on xbla after getting hooked with a demo. oh well, their loss. There's probably stats that show demos aren't worth it for most people.
I bought a tons of xbla games thanks to the demos.The developers are losing money from me for not releasing demos.

The same for me.If i can't play a demo i only buy the games i'm sure i like 100%.They lose with me.

speedomodel

theescapistsxixn1.png
roundaboutoasqy.png

I'm thinking about picking one of these games up for the XO. Any feedback on these two? Compared to the pc versions?

Escapists is a blast. I've only been to the first two prisons and I've had so much fun running around doing favors, jobs, and so forth that a lot of times I spend a hour or two without even progressing towards my escape. Surprisingly deep game as far as the options for crafting and escaping. I paid $20 and have not regretted the purchase.

Im really hopin they work on retroactive cross buy for games like Ori and State of Decay on Win10. Phil already said Ori should be there, so I'm really hoping they take cross buy seriously

Me too, I'm picking up a surface when the 4 Is announced partly for streaming but if I can get crossbuy on some of these smaller indie titles it will be the perfect device for me to take on the go as well.

Fox Mulder

Bleh.

Already have horizon 2, but zero interest in the rest. I'm already tired of seeing deluxe editions on sale.

E92 M3

Devs didn't like it, there was a separate certification process and it took a while, so MS gave devs what they wanted.

:(

Their loss. I only impulse purchase games that are ten or under. Demos have sold me on numerous titles. If the game is good, then a demo will sell it more.

eastx

theescapistsxixn1.png
roundaboutoasqy.png

I'm thinking about picking one of these games up for the XO. Any feedback on these two? Compared to the pc versions?

I like Roundabout much better, although I find its map confusing. The core mechanic is fun and it has a nice sense of humor. Escapists is lots of trial and error with not enough explanation and a bad UI. But some people really get into it.

Bsigg12

I like the idea of new games getting some sort of launch week discount for Gold members. I wish they would do it with $59.99 games as well.

jbug617

Banned
There are easter eggs in the Xbox One version of Steam World Dig
http://www.gamesradar.com/steamworld-dig-tunnelling-its-way-xbox-one/
The Xbox One version will largely be a straight port, but with a few small differences. Sigurgeirsson says of the port: “There's a quite elaborate Easter Egg for the Xbox version - a gaming thing that we really wanted to reference. And a number of tweaks to make it overall better, although they may not stand out as giant differences. Overall we prefer to keep our versions similar to each other, it keeps everybody happy.”

Anyone in the UK gone for The Borderlands collection? About to order but it still shows as a pre order, with a release date of yesterday.

I'm assuming it should unlock for me immediately if I go for it?

Sorry if already posted about but The Crew now allows gold members to have a 2 hour trial with the game, at least you can try it out if bored.

Alx

Awww, I got a high score of 3333 on my last game of Threes. Now I'll never want to play again or I'll lose that perfect result. :|

Alx

Unfortunately because it's a snappable app and not a full game, the snapshot/record functions aren't available for it. :(

Top Bottom