• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

MaulerX

Got it and am updating now. So far I really dig the feel of the controller, I do see the bumper thing mentioned but it's based on how you used the 360 controller. I always had my finger on the side to hit it with the middle of my index finger, which is perfect here.

I think the bumpers will grow on alot people. I personally find them easier to hit. Kinda hard to explain but instead of hitting them directly from the top, I can hit them with the middle of my fingers almost from the side.

sangreal

heh, just got impatient went to check if the UPS guy had left it by the side door already and ended up running into him. ready to jump in ahead

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Repost from XB1 Hardware Thread. Wanna see if anyone here has had the same issue.

Doesn't sound good. :/

Going through the updating thing now, the green screen just took me less than 3 minutes then went to a screen showing the controller to sync.

oswald09

Neo Member
cross posting from a couple of other xbox threads

Anybody in Canada notice if we get one guide data with Rogers or Bell?

Everything I read ahead of time said no, but I've heard some rumours to the contrary. I know it will work as an HDMI in source, but just want clarification if Xbox One gets channel/guide data.

dankir

FYI my system locked up after download the update. I waited 10 minutes and turned the power off via the console and rebooted. After that everything worked great.

EvB

FYI my system locked up after download the update. I waited 10 minutes and turned the power off via the console and rebooted. After that everything worked great.

That must of been scary.

I got mine 18 hours ago and it all went really smooth, there was a horrible long pause after the update just before the controller appeared. Scary!

The Flash

Banned
Doesn't sound good. :/

Going through the updating thing now, the green screen just took me less than 3 minutes then went to a screen showing the controller to sync.

yeah, that's what I keep hearing. I think I goofed it up when I unplugged it the first time. I'm calling MS just to be sure but it looks like GameStop is going to have to give me a new one. Crap happens. I knew going in that something like this might happen so I'm doing okay with the reality of the situation.

That must of been scary.

I got mine 18 hours ago and it all went really smooth, there was a horrible long pause after the update just before the controller appeared. Scary!
That scared me as well, I actually waited 5 minutes and when nothing moved, I was in the middle of posting in this thread asking if it's normal, right before I finished it the first start up finished.

Does anyone know if BF4 runs smooth on XB1? Like no freezing the console up? I dont want to even try until there is confirmation that it isnt lockup up consoles.

Also is there anything special anyone has to do in the display settings?

U2NUMB

It is a little thing and I hope this continues to be the case but I like the uniform color on the ends of all the games.

x1cases.jpg

Had to restart several times for the system to recognize the update. All good now.

Calibration feature did a good job.

Will the Xbox One continue to install off disc of I put it in standby?

m23

Went to midnight launch last night, got tons of free stuff including 9 months XBL, $50 Xbox Card, Shirts, Hats, etc. Haven't had time to even open the box though since I have work today. Just a few more hours....

Thank you Future Shop Toronto for holding such a great launch.

Playing Lego's with my two boys...stupid game keeps asking who do you want to sign in with when there are three of us signed into the console...even after repeated attempts to specify who each controller should be signed in as it keeps asking...

So frustrating...

RedStep

Got mine at the Best Buy midnight launch. Only annoyance so far is the weird install/update process. It has me just putting in the disc and confirming and then doing something else to pass the time. Hopefully that improves.

The UI is beyond insane - for my house, the multitasking and Snap completely validate the power consideration (reserved cores, RAM, etc) and extra expense. My son is watching My Little Pony and playing Sonic 2 on the 360 at the same time (no cable box here, so the 360 makes a good candidate for the HDMI In). I can come in and jump to an XBO game whenever I want. The PS4 by comparison is just fine functionally, but does nothing new (and doesn't do some things that the PS3 did). That's my Resogun machine for now, this will be getting way more daily/general use.

MXRider

Got to target at 8am to get games and would have had no problem getting a regular edition they had extra. But got DR3,Ryse and Forza 5 for $88+ tax. Was exchanging BF4 from the b2g1 deal last week but the lady put it in the bag and I didnt realize until I was Almost home. $88+tax for 4 games is awesome.

6G1LBfz.jpg

Mine will look similar this evening after work.

Can you rearrange the download queue like you can with 360? Or do I need to purchase the things I want downloaded first...first?

You can you just need to go into your "games and apps" menu and pause/resume in the order you want. Took awhile to figure that out, I kept looking for a queue or something in the options.

GoDLiKe

Just got mine :) The console is really big, whoa! All in all everything looks premium for me, Kinect is cool and the new controller is perfect.

Just a question - do you guys know if codes are region free? I want to buy FIFA 14 from an european gaffer but my console is Brazilian.

operon

Setting up my console have a problem started it up and only getting a screen made up of red,green dots etc. Xbox one is on and the speaker is making sounds but thats it any ideas

Is there any way to get the xbox to interact with my receiver? Controlling my TV is great and all but it'd be nice if it could turn everything on.

Prine

Banned
Look what i have Snapped

20131122_190042.jpg

never alone

Edit: They've thought of everything, while i can see the voice having a few issues, i know in time, a few patches here and there this will be flawless. Right now theres nothing like it.

Oh and everyone should prioritise Mobile versions of websites if your snapping. You can do this in settings, its far easier to read, as Web developers already cater for the small screen and y axis scrolling.

Doodis

(no cable box here, so the 360 makes a good candidate for the HDMI In).
I know there's supposed to be some lag, but how noticeable is it? I don't have a cable box and was also planning on plugging the 360 into the One as well.

You can you just need to go into your "games and apps" menu and pause/resume in the order you want. Took awhile to figure that out, I kept looking for a queue or something in the options.
Perfect, thanks.

Look what i have Snapped

never alone

I'm famous!

Colbert

Banned
Do the fans stay on for a while after you shut it off? It's really loud and I have it off...

From my normal viewing position in my living room I cannot hear anything when the console is on or off. If there wasn't any light indicator I wouldn't know if the damn thing is on or off!

Maybe this is because my XBox One is positioned inside a sideboard (but with enough room to breath.

RetroStu

Banned
To the UK guys, i was in Grainger games today and nearly all X1 games were £45, i'm just saying because i have seen people mention that they had to pay £60 for some games.

Did they just run out and buy another? Or did they have a second one reserved? I hope they show the TV features.

Just ran out and bought another, took about 25 minutes. New one wasn't Day One Edition though. Turns out the HDMI in port was broken as well, so they needed a whole new one it turns out, not just the Kinect from the box.

Top Bottom