• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Doffen

SHIPPED!!

iqAnobGMj5pEo.gif

Finally, might actually get it on Tuesday since it's being delivered with UPS Express Saver.

I'm loving the console so far. The UI is just so snappy and the kinect has been pretty responsive with the voice commands.

One question though, does anyone know where to check the battery life for the controller?

Laws00

I understand the normal and Day One consoles but what about the Day One games. I've seen some pictures with day one on them. I'm wondering whats the difference i any?

U2NUMB

I highly suggest you guys go through and add your actual friends to the favorites menu. Then snap their activity.. its in real time.. If they check messages and then back to game or anything it shows it right there. Very slick

Dunlop

Look what i have Snapped

20131122_190042.jpg

never alone

Edit: They've thought of everything, while i can see the voice having a few issues, i know in time, a few patches here and there this will be flawless. Right now theres nothing like it.

Oh and everyone should prioritise Mobile versions of websites if your snapping. You can do this in settings, its far easier to read, as Web developers already cater for the small screen and y axis scrolling.

I'm lucky I sprained my right foot and can't drive cause shit like this would just make me go out and pick up an xb1 today

march...I told myself march....

(looks awesome)

Pollux

It is a little thing and I hope this continues to be the case but I like the uniform color on the ends of all the games.

x1cases.jpg

YES. I absolutely love this.

Also, XBox One has been delivered. Sent it to my parents house because I know that if I get it before finals I'll just fail out of school.

Oh well, such is life.

dk_

So why do we still have a giant power adapter? Is it still 2005?

Why isn't this thing build in the console and why does it need a fan?

LowerLevel

Hooked mine up this morning after dropping kids off at daycare. Connected all cables. Initial installs and such went fine. After getting to Home Page, tried setting up TV and boom, issues. No image. Had to retry from beginning two more times, finally got some picture but kept going in an out. Decided to re-arrange HDMI cables and it all worked. Used provided one from Xb1 to TV, and another new one from cable box to Xb1. Other than that, no issues at all so far. Stupid me didn't know where to look for the "Xbox On" setting and finally found the Settings tab... Only have BF4 so far but absolutely no issues yet (campaign). Friggin' UPS taking it's sweet time with my LCE Forza! And I KNOW they won't show until I go get my kids and I'll miss it. Can't ask to leave package because it's raining too. And Lord knows my wife won't answer the door...

Lima

How does that work? Is it a code for one or can multiple people get it on one box?

There is a code in the box. A black card. Either type in the 25 digit code or say Xbox use code and hold the card close to the Kinect to let it scan the QR code. Can only be redeemed once.

Downhome

They really did something right with the entire "Day One" thing. That system is selling pretty well on eBay, the achievement itself is going for around $40 consistently, and one "Day One" controller has sold for over $100. People really want to get in on that "Day One" stuff.

Darko

1. is there any way to switch focus from the sidebar to the game without talking to kinect everytime?

2. where do I see my current downloads?

This TV stuff is working better than I thought it would, maybe it's because I don't watch many obscure channels or because my voice just works with the system or whatever but it's been pretty good.

LTWheels

Using snap is it possible to switch what's in the big window and the small window?

Say I have IE snapped to Twitch. Is there a quick way to swap it so Twitch is snapped to IE?

I haven't read anything in this thread, and I ordered a PS4, but there are several people on Amazon.de who say, that the left triggers of their day one controllers are "looser" than the right ones. Is there anyone else who made the same experience?

SPDIF

1. is there any way to switch focus from the sidebar to the game without talking to kinect everytime?

2. where do I see my current downloads?

1. Just double tap the guide button.

2. Go to "My games & apps" and you can see everything downloading/installing. If you want to pause or cancel one of them, highlight it and press the Menu button (old Start button).

RedStep

I know there's supposed to be some lag, but how noticeable is it? I don't have a cable box and was also planning on plugging the 360 into the One as well.

Good question, I'll have to check later. So far it's Sonic & Minecraft for my son, which are not really lag-sensitive (neither is he). After work I'll try some grown-up games and see how it goes.

LowerLevel

This TV stuff is working better than I thought it would, maybe it's because I don't watch many obscure channels or because my voice just works with the system or whatever but it's been pretty good.

Yeah, once I put Velocity and Comcast Sports Net on Favorites, it worked every time. Before it went to USA when I said Velocity... Gonna have to learn the channels for my kids now though.

So it can control my AV receiver, I had to go into the TV & OneGuide Settings but there's definitely an option to select what receiver you have. Not sure why this didn't come up in the initial set up.

I hope they enable you to freely organize your pins soon. It's a drag having to select them and "move to front" to get any sort of organization going on.

Darko

1. Just double tap the guide button.

2. Go to "My games & apps" and you can see everything downloading/installing. If you want to pause or cancel one of them, highlight it and press the Menu button (old Start button).

thanks allot :)

malfcn

Leaving Target with Ryse, Creed, Dead Rising and Just Dance for $125.23 and $10 in gift card.

Don't understand the receipt.

So it can control my AV receiver, I had to go into the TV & OneGuide Settings but there's definitely an option to select what receiver you have. Not sure why this didn't come up in the initial set up.

Not a lot of people have one I suppose. When you start TV for the first time it tells you that you can set it up in the settings area. I was able to set up my soundbar with it.

freefornow

Gold Member
So no one at support can tell me if my faulty day 1 controller will be replaced with another day 1 controller or just the standard one. Support seemed confused or failed to see the significance of the day 1 controller vs the standard.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So no one at support can tell me if my faulty day 1 controller will be replaced with another day 1 controller or just the standard one. Support seemed confused or failed to see the significance of the day 1 controller vs the standard.

What happened to your controller? :(

Finally bought some retail games, Dead Rising, Battlefield 4, and Ghosts. Sadly Dead Rising 3 isn't a Day One... Hope I'm not losing any decent DLC.

Combined with my Digital Forza 5 copy, I'm set for a while. Have enough for one more Digital Game, or Killer Instinct and 2 other $20 game... Not sure now.

ironcreed

Banned

Good to hear. I personally hate my DirecTV remote, so I am very much looking forward to the voice commands and new interface. I'll probably even start watching more TV again because of this.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i can't tell if no one has signed on, or if you don't get notifications letting you know people have signed on anymore.

Ive been meaning to try this... but what if you add someone to your favourites?

Obv they disable online notifications because with 2000 friends it could get pretty annoying very quickly

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Microsoft congratulated sony on their launch last week, right?

Seeing nothing but "Why settle for this when PS4 is ultimate" on social media right now.

Oh well....

Top Bottom