• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
You guys are making me all jealous, my console still hasn't shipped, last time I order something like this from Amazon Canada. I went to a couple of nearby stores to see if I could pick one up and cancel the Amazon order but they're all out of stock. Ah well, I'll have to be patient.

CyReN

We are almost into 2014 and the Xbox One doesn't have a auto sign-in for your Xbox Live account without Kinect. HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE.

.hacked

uAzINTyl.jpg

Ups got here fast today!

Oozer3993

Some notes after messing around with my XB1:

• Setup was simple and the update downloaded very quickly.
  • The controller is glorious. It fits wonderfully in my hands and I am irrationally attached to the Day One 2013 markings. The D-pad makes a weird metallic sound when I push left though.
  • I wanted to test out the Blu-ray movie functionality so, being the cheeky devil that I am, I popped in Beauty and the Beast (Blu-ray.com said their PS4 had trouble playing Beauty and the Beast). Worked flawlessly.
  • The setup videos have plenty of cringeworthy moments. "Single Ladies" and Charlie Sheen references?
  • Redeeming the Day One achievement was ridiculously fast. As soon as I held the card up, the system recognized it.
  • The interface does take some adjusting to. I'm quickly getting the hang of it though.
  • The little sounds from the actual console for it turning on an discs being put in and taken out are kinda loud.
  • I just started Killer Instinct with my voice. Lawd-a-mercy that was cool.

Leaving Target with Ryse, Creed, Dead Rising and Just Dance for $125.23 and $10 in gift card.

Don't understand the receipt.

How did you pull that off?

What is everyone doing for a Headset/Headphones solution?

I'm thinking of going with Astro a50's for both PS4 and XBO.

Good idea or should I wait? I can get them for about $75 off regular price.

malfcn

Where is that tutorial mode for KI? I am mashing, lol.

Some notes after messing around with my XB1:

How did you pull that off?

Coupons son.
Pre-ordered Ryse, DR3 and AC4.
Those each came with $5 cards. Then AC4 also had a deal where you bought Redbull and got $10.
And I had 2 of those 30% off coupons.

CyReN

what you mean? my 360 signs in autmatically off cold boot
had to go into account settings for that though

The Xbox 360 can, you can't on the Xbox One without Kinect. I've looked everywhere on settings, plus a few others posted you can't on other forums.

So question for you guys - I'm going to Bestbuy to pick up 3 games after I get off work in order to take advantage of their promo (buy 3, get a 25$ certificate)...now which 3 games should I get? I'm definitely getting Ryse and Dead Rising 3, but I'm stuck on the third one.

I have a PS4 as well so I have NBA2k14 and AC4 already on that; Madden seems like a joke (even though I love football I just can't bring myself to supporting it) and I'm so tired of CoD (plus I have Killzone: SF to fill my shooter binge). Basically that leaves me with Forza, NFS: Rivals and BF4. From what everyone is saying, BF4 is a broken mess so I guess that eliminates that lol. So it boils down to Forza and NFS: Rivals and I'm not big into racing games, so which one is the better choice for someone who doesn't take racing games super seriously? Or, would it be more wise to get BF4/Madden/CoD? Halp please =)

sangreal

UPS trolling the shit out of. Last time I posted the UPS guy turned around and got back in the truck and drove off without leaving anything. Finally came back and dropped it off. You guys weren't joking about the box being heavy

The Goat

Cant make the "xbox on" voice command to work.

I already enabled "xbox on" on the settings menu.

"Xbox turn off" works flawlessly.

Tips?

Yeah, this has been the only command that took me a few tries to work. I have to run them together really quick for it to work. Like Xboxon, lol.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
FACT OF LIFE:

1. No matter what way you plug in a USB device, there is 100% chance that you will be doing it upside down. In defiance of statistical likelihood.

2. If your package is OUT FOR DELIVERY it will be the very last package the dude delivers that day, even if your house is next to the depot.

Chobel

New Xbox One owners, Does HDMI in affect TV picture quality?

EDIT: Another one, Does DR3 patch fix the framerate issues?

UPS trolling the shit out of. Last time I posted the UPS guy turned around and got back in the truck and drove off without leaving anything. Finally came back and dropped it off. You guys weren't joking about the box being heavy

When I was waiting for the PS4 from UPS I swear the FedEx guy drove through twice. It hurt. Now, a UPS driver just drove by at 3 and when I was waiting he didn't show up until 7. Basically, beware the drivers. :p

CheezyMac88

FACT OF LIFE:

1. No matter what way you plug in a USB device, there is 100% chance that you will be doing it upside down. In defiance of statistical likelihood.
2. If your package is OUT FOR DELIVERY it will be the very last package the dude delivers that day, even if your house is next to the depot.

:(

malfcn

FACT OF LIFE:

TRUTHFACT?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm getting pretty slow downloads for KI but that may just be launch woe stuff. Ultimate first world problem stuff but I also haven't gotten the free KI email I am meant to get yet so I won't be able to do much anyway.

nbraun80

The Xbox 360 can, you can't on the Xbox One without Kinect. I've looked everywhere on settings, plus a few others posted you can't on other forums.

I thought it gave me an option when it was recognizing me for the sign it. It had like recognize with Kinect, auto signing, and manual sign in. Can you get to the screen where it puts you on cam and see what the options there are?

Redshirt

Banned
I got two Xbox Ones from Amazon. Both are working flawlessly. Live is rock solid. Downloading DR3 now. Trying to master these infuriating Tiger Furies in the meantime. :)

Hindle

Banned
Guys this is the first year line up for the X1:

D4
Project Spark
Below
Titanfall
Sunset Overdrive
Max: Curse of Brotherhood
Halo
Forza Horizon 2 (I'm certain it will be out next year)
Plants Vs Zombies

And possibly Quantum Break.

Best first year line up ever?

Cru

New Xbox One owners, Does HDMI in affect TV picture quality?

EDIT: Another one, Does DR3 patch fix the framerate issues?

Picture quality looks a little off with HDMI in. Was going to try their calibration tool and see if it improves. Sound seems fine.

The Flash

Banned
It's pretty much official at this point fellas, my console is DOA. On the bright side, GameStop is ordering a replacement that could either get here tomorrow or on Monday. I also get to keep my Day One controller if the replacement they send is a standard SKU. Looking forward to tomorrow/Monday!

Guys this is the first year line up for the X1:

D4
Project Spark
Below
Titanfall
Sunset Overdrive
Max: Curse of Brotherhood
Halo
Forza Horizon 2 (I'm certain it will be out next year)
Plants Vs Zombies

And possibly Quantum Break.

Best first year line up ever?

When do we think Fable Legends will come out? I really have no idea.. I'm not even sure if its a digital title or a retail one.

Heysoos

For those DR3 owners, are the framerate drops bad? My friend is asleep and hasn't updated me since, but he did say he noticed framerate drops.

Oozer3993

Where is that tutorial mode for KI? I am mashing, lol.

Coupons son.
Pre-ordered Ryse, DR3 and AC4.
Those each came with $5 cards. Then AC4 also had a deal where you bought Redbull and got $10.
And I had 2 of those 30% off coupons.

Nicely done.

And the KI training mode is called Dojo.

So question for you guys - I'm going to Bestbuy to pick up 3 games after I get off work in order to take advantage of their promo (buy 3, get a 25$ certificate)...now which 3 games should I get? I'm definitely getting Ryse and Dead Rising 3, but I'm stuck on the third one.

I have a PS4 as well so I have NBA2k14 and AC4 already on that; Madden seems like a joke (even though I love football I just can't bring myself to supporting it) and I'm so tired of CoD (plus I have Killzone: SF to fill my shooter binge). Basically that leaves me with Forza, NFS: Rivals and BF4. From what everyone is saying, BF4 is a broken mess so I guess that eliminates that lol. So it boils down to Forza and NFS: Rivals and I'm not big into racing games, so which one is the better choice for someone who doesn't take racing games super seriously? Or, would it be more wise to get BF4/Madden/CoD? Halp please =)

Just a heads up, Toys R Us is currently doing a "Buy 3, get $50 gift certificate" promotion.

Top Bottom