• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

I know I've asked a couple of times...but I have a FIFA14 code here in need of a home.

Would anyone be interested in either swapping it for a Forza 5 code or Xbox spacebucks?

I hate football. :(

Having played for the last 6 hours...XOne is really really nice...I was one of those folks that kept going back and fourth with the threats of ass-storms and much weaker box...

Honestly the graphics are spectacular in almost every game I bought...most things work ok...voice and tv need a bit more work. Hardware is rock solid and runs cool...no major glitches of any kind for me...

Really happy with my purchase...hopefully now that both systems are out people can go enjoy what they bought.

Cheers ALL!

jbug617

Banned
I missed the delivery man. I have to wait till after 6pm to pick it up.

That is why I hate Fed Ex, my UPS guy would of left it.

The Flash

Banned
Update from the man himself:

ibl7HZtsryRVJl.png

Coooool beans

JackHerer

Waiting for my delivery. I only bought one game: Forza 5, and I have a feeling I will enjoy it more than any of the games I have on my PS4. Killzone was a huge letdown gameplay wise and that was really its only competition.

Question:

So this is my setup....

Cable box into receiver.
Receiver into TV

If I plug my Receiver into the Xbox One instead of the TV will the Xbox turn on the receiver, TV, Satellite, and Xbox One by walking into the room and using voice commands (i.e. either "xbox watch tv" or "xbox one" --- whatever the specific command is)?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
That is funny to me because for a system that is supposed to be not as focused on gaming, it sure as hell has more games I want to play. Make no mistake, I am still excited for the PS4, there are just no games or features that makes me want to get one for awhile. My hype for it just kind of fell flat, while the Xbox One kept winning me over even though I was set firmly against it. Strange how things turned out.

Honestly, this is kinda how it is for me RIGHT NOW. That could change and it could be that I haven't gotten a chance to use my Xbox One yet (I will tonight) but the other features on top of the actual line-up is extremely good. Now, I have a PS4 and so my opinion between the two could change once I see how much better multi platform games are on the PS4 compared to the Xbox One, but I'm more excited about Xbox One than PS4 which is a drastic turn of events for me since the E3 showing.

Nicely done.

And the KI training mode is called Dojo.

Just a heads up, Toys R Us is currently doing a "Buy 3, get $50 gift certificate" promotion.

Yeah I know but I'm a Gamers Club Unlocked & Elite Plus member so all new games are already 48 dollars for me + the stupid amount of reward zone certs I have lol.

That is funny to me because for a system that is supposed to be not as focused on gaming, it sure as hell has more games I want to play. Make no mistake, I am still excited for the PS4, there are just no games or features that makes me want to get one for awhile. My hype for it just kind of fell flat, while the Xbox One kept winning me over even though I was set firmly against it. Strange how things turned out.

Launch
1st parties
Multiplatform graphical advantage

And what not

Give it a year or two for the investments to come to foray in full

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
So where's my ass storm?

And please do not post the actual ass storm gif....reminds me of something out of requiem for a dream.

sangreal

dont think im gonna hook up my cable box just because all those lights on the kinect under my tv are annoying and I dont want to watch tv that way :/

Acheteedo

Kinect is pretty bad. I'm surprised at how much it gets commands wrong, doesn't pick them up at all, and it's having a really difficult time decided which person in the room is saying the command. "Xbox show my stuff" just doesn't work for us. But then again, kinect hasn't been able to determine the floor in my living room. I think I need to get a stand for it so I can position it above the TV, maybe that'll help certain aspects of it.

Also the Avatars app has been getting buggier with each use and now flat out won't open, it says "Something went terribly wrong. Please come back later"... or maybe it's a network issue??

Scooby

FACT OF LIFE:

1. No matter what way you plug in a USB device, there is 100% chance that you will be doing it upside down. In defiance of statistical likelihood.

2. If your package is OUT FOR DELIVERY it will be the very last package the dude delivers that day, even if your house is next to the depot.

y u do dis?

Mendax

WHY do they even release something like this:

The Fighter Within

IGN: 2.7
It's gesture recognition is abysmal, its fighting is shallow, and it wastes too much time trying to clumsily tell a silly, unnecessary story. In short, it's everything Microsoft promised Kinect 2.0 wouldn't be.

Tabris

This thread is way too big to check as this probably has been posted before but how long is the day 1 update taking everyone to download on average. I'm about 20 mins in at 65%.

I just want to make sure that's normal so there isn't a wifi issue.

This thread is way too big to check as this probably has been posted before but how long is the day 1 update taking everyone to download on average. I'm about 20 mins in at 65%.

I just want to make sure that's normal so there isn't a wifi issue.

Been reading the thread on and off all day -- some people are getting slow downloads, so I'm sure yours is fine.

BTW...my XOne makes NO sound at all...like literally nothing even after hours of games...also...stupid cool...only slightly (and I do mean ever so slight) feel of warmth.

Vestal

Still waiting.....

2nd controller is fully charged and ready....

160 in MS Bucks ready to spend(KI, DR3, Ryse)..

But still lay here waiting for you.............

ekim

I cant figure out how to get it into standby instead off of

You can change the behavior in the preferences (something like "energy and start") - choose fast boot there instead of energy saving.
When you now turn the xbox off with your controller (hold the xbox button) or voice, it will go into standby.

Edit:
The only thing I'm hearing, is the hard disk when something gets downloaded.

Amir0x

Banned
WHY do they even release something like this:

The Fighter Within

IGN: 2.7
It's gesture recognition is abysmal, its fighting is shallow, and it wastes too much time trying to clumsily tell a silly, unnecessary story. In short, it's everything Microsoft promised Kinect 2.0 wouldn't be.

It's a sort of sequel to one of the worst reviewed games of last gen. It's only following in the esteemed footsteps of its predecessor.

Timmai

Neo Member
Anyone else having troubles with the controller? It's losing connection at random times, when i'm almost next to the Kinect sensor it works better that 1 meter further away. But replaced bstteries and tried without Kinect but no luck :( i'm afraid my controller is broken.

ekim

Is it possible to see games downloading/Queued on Xbox One? Also where do I find my Storage in settings?

You see everything that is queued in the my games/apps section. Press the menu button on one of the queued items to move it to the top of the queue. No storage settings available yet. But you can delete games and apps by pressing the menu button.

Red Comet

Just got a sexy black box in the mail. It's actually a Christmas present for me from my grandmother, so I won't be opening it until then though. Gives me time to decide on some games.

Daffy Duck

BTW...my XOne makes NO sound at all...like literally nothing even after hours of games...also...stupid cool...only slightly (and I do mean ever so slight) feel of warmth.

Same for me. Mines been on for 3 hours and I've heard nothing whilst installing DR3 from disc or Forza 5.

Klocker

snap and voice are awesome... TV is pretty damned good but I can see improvements coming.

NBA 2k14 is pretty cool ...

love the switching... FAST

DL FORZA 5 nooooooooowwwww!!! :)

Top Bottom