• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

malfcn

So yah, sitting at the main menu of KI is making my dpad act funny. Is it the game or the pad. If I tap it down sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it double taps.

FrankT

Man really thinking about throwing Ryse in the mix when my wife heads out to Best Buy.

Ryse or AC4 just can't decide. It's a gift so I'm not really out either way.

Truth is truth. Don't apologize. But damn, so much gaming goodness in such a contained space. Friday was an EPIC game day

Mario 3D World
Zelda
Xbox One and its associated games like Forza 5
Tearaway

Too...much...gaming...goodness

Thanks and i know why i do not like kinect....i like everything fast, as in when i choose any option on screen it goes where i select.

You have to say things in a certain manner for it to pick up , not to mention specific wording.

Most reviewers said they needed time to see if it will be great, the answer is no because it is actually pretty slow and very very limited.

Will end up selling or trading in for credit but i look forward to the games on xbox one.

sammex

Mine didn't arrive but I just got an email from Amazon giving me £10 off my next video game order as an apology for it not arriving on launch day.

bryehn

Is LocoCycle really fucking 13+ GB?

Not picking up any retail games until tomorrow, thinking of going with Powerstar and KI for tonight. Maybe Crimson Dragon.

So the Xbox records 5 minute gameplayes. It is similar to PS4 in that it always is recording 5 minutes worth or do you have to actually hit a record button?

Ryse looks pretty frickin good, 900p or now.

Forza looks good too, it certainly looks ever pixel of 1080p, I'm not noticing jaggies and it doesn't drop frames when I spin the camera around.

How is Ryse?

I have a PS4 and love Knack, so I wonder if I'd be in the minority with Ryse, too. It's the only game making me want a Xbox One right now . . .

no, that's how it was on 360. on xb1, everything you buy is tied to your home console instead of the console you buy it on

if you buy on another console, you'll have to be signed in to use it on that console but you can go back to your home console and use the content offline

I am floored by how much better game sharing works now. I am downloading BF4 on both my wifes XB1 and mine at the same time. This one change has made this gen infinitely better for me already.

PrinceKee

Since I got my system at midnight last night I have not been able to keep my controller synced longer than one minute. It'll lose sync, but the light on the controller will still be on. If I hit the guide button or any button it'll usually sync back up. I've tried new batteries and re-syncing the controller with kinect and the system. But, nothing has worked. Because of this I can't play any game and don't know what else to try outside of buying a new controller. Is anyone else having sync issues with their controller and system? Could be interference?

Oozer3993

I downloaded KI, thinking it would be more newbie friendly than other fighters. Nope. Just as ridiculously complicated as every other fighter I've tried and the "DoJo" training mode might as well be useless. It keeps telling me I've "mastered" something, but half the time I have no idea what I just did.

TehWhite

Neo Member
I'm going to die ..... I literally sat down near my window/door alll day. .. my aunt just opened the door and saw a sign.. .saying they tried to deliver a 2:59 pm. Bullshit ... the guy never knocked wtf...... never heard the truck..... I wasted my whole day staying downstairs...... my whole fucking day........she was also downstairs... Im going to call ups fuckers...

Doffen

i9J8oK3YtvsR5.png

Yeah!

RT17

Banned
It's because of the increase to the friends list limit. Now that you can have 2000 friends, putting up a notification whenever any of them log on could quickly get irritating.

So give people the option to turn it off, or go "busy" so they don't pop. Just like last-gen.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Is the skype app cross platform? Is there any reason to use party chat over skype at this point?

Isn't the quality better over skype?

knitoe

Using X1 to watch TV was a bust. Channels were missing in the Guide. Some "Watch..." works, CNN, ESPN and etc., while some don't, HGTV. Now, trying to create a avatar / gamerpic, but keeps on getting error saving. Spending way to much time trying to get things to work to find enjoyment. Very disappointing so far.

Edit: Supposedly, got gamerpic to saved, but how the hell do I select it.

Prine

Banned
Dead Rising is the real deal, I missed out on 2 so I'm not sure if it's the gap between games that's doing it for me, but the tension and silliness is so well done. One thing I used to tjink watching the videos was that weapons and irregular animations didn't sell the weapons and moves, but having just put in 3 hours I can say this is not the case and I'm throurougly enjoying it, the sound effects a fantastic. The main protagonist is always panting and speaking to himself after a tense moment, the game does a great job to make the zombies seem like legitimate threat. And they've nailed the melee, it feels soooo good to throw a knife into a zombies skull and follow it up with a big boot.

Edge 8 is what did this for me (deciding to purchase it), glad I listened, great game.

Oh, and the amount of Zombies on screen is a sight to behold, there isn't a zombie game before it that has done anything like this

malfcn

I started the video of DSP installing Ryse a couple of minutes after my own installation and his finished installing faster than mine. How is that possible?

Majanew

Banned
Ryse looks pretty frickin good, 900p or now.

Forza looks good too, it certainly looks ever pixel of 1080p, I'm not noticing jaggies and it doesn't drop frames when I spin the camera around.

You can't see the jaggies in FM5? Uhhh... they're everywhere.

Miles X

Some Q's I'd appreciate being answered :)

How/can you organize pins?

How do you access the HD (again can you, I heard you can't?)

How do you access download queue?

Are there any demos for anything other than KI (which I've bought anyway) and Xbox Fitness? The store front is very basic so I don't think I'm missing anything but you never know ...

8bitDevil

Banned
I must say, I am SERIOUSLY impressed with how well the Snap feature works, based off of some of the posts in this thread.

Has anybody in here tried streaming video off of Skydrive yet?

Vestal

Seriously screwed up.. UPS usually comes by between 11 and 2pm..

it is now 5pm.. Nothing..

I work from home so I can get the console updated and games downloaded before I finish work, and this is what I get.

KAAAAAHHHHHNNNNN!!!!!!

Top Bottom