• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

U2NUMB

Did anyone else have a problem with getting picture but no sound on the cable box passthrough? I'm wondering if the Xbox just doesn't like my cable box (Xfinity X1)

When you went through the TV set up was your X1 able to control your cable box? Mine sent signals and tested all of that.

sith ewok

Haven't checked in here all day. Been too busy playing. I am completely and utterly in love with this system so far. All around wowed.

Kinect works flawlessly. This thing just feels next level.

And it's so quiet! After being on for 9 hours straight, I still can't hear it.

Heysoos

I have $140 dollars left. Still debating on what else to buy. I was thinking BF4 but I have it on PC so no need to double dip. I want at least one disc based game. Hmm.

bonesquad

Grrr. My flight was delayed so I sit here at the airport while my Xbox is waiting back at home... Maybe this will give me time to figure out what game to get. I already have a FPS in Killzone and NFS Rivals for PS4. I have no idea where I'll find the time to play all this....... what was I thinking:)

Aerogamer

Neo Member
Quick question. How do you eject a disc with the controller, not pushing the eject button on the console itself? Thanks in advance.

lol walmart

F6Lp8QK.jpg

U2NUMB

So I was installing NBA 2k.. I went to take a nap while it installs. When I woke up a friend of mine said his feed was FULL of NBA game clips of the demo. Seems anytime the game dunked in the demo it recorded a clip.

Sorry to my friends list.. ignore the feed.

Also come on 2k.knock off the little glitches in your games.

jond76

Banned
Haven't had the chance to play anything yet (BF4) is downloading, but just messing with the OS and tv is super nice. Changing channels with voice was spotty, but overall I'm impressed. Setup was super simple too.

Victrix

*beard*
Anyone know how to adjust system level volume?

I'm not sure if this is a consequence of using Stereo audio, but it is WAY WAY too quiet in Ghosts. WAY too quiet.

But the volume in the system is normal, and this setting on my amp is extremely high. Volume in Ghosts is maxed, not sure how else to fix this.

bennycash

Neo Member
Just set up my Xbox and it started to download the update then stopped and told me to retry. Now whenever I try to connect through a wireless connection it says "Searching for solutions." After that it says "DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names," and that there might be a problem outside my home network, and to contact my internet provider. Never had a problem with my internet before and have been playing PS4 online with no problems. Any idea what I can do? I'm not that savvy with this kind of stuff but I can change my router settings if that might help?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cru

Did anyone else have a problem with getting picture but no sound on the cable box passthrough? I'm wondering if the Xbox just doesn't like my cable box (Xfinity X1)

Did you switch over to the beta surround sound option? I was having weird freezing issues until I checked the beta option. Still don't know if that helped or not.

thesnowman

Neo Member
So had mine for a few hours and only got to play through the first level of Ryse (which looks stunning). Spent most of the time installing games, downloading KI and Kinect sports, setting up the tv and downloading apps,

Kids are absolutely facinated by talkign to the xbox. My daughter wanted to watch netflix and i figured it was easier than her pestering me. So I said, "xbox go to netflix", she had a big smile on her face and said, "xbox is so cute" (shes 4).

All in all quite impressed and my wife was very impressed by it. Kinect seems to have issues hearing commands when there is a lot of background noise (i.e. kids running around).

So I'm watching an NBA game on my Apple TV and still using kinect commands to mute my receiver when I get phone/FaceTime calls. I definitely like using Kinect which is a huge change from the original version.

Just set up my Xbox and it started to download the update then stopped and told me to retry. Now whenever I try to connect through a wireless connection it says "Searching for solutions." After that it says "DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names," and that there might be a problem outside my home network, and to contact my internet provider. Never had a problem with my internet before and have been playing PS4 online with no problems. Any idea what I can do? I'm not that savvy with this kind of stuff but I can change my router settings if that might help?

Any help would be appreciated!

My brother and I just had this happen to us too. We just restarted the console and it seems to be downloading the update just fine right now.

So I switched my old avatar gamer picture to one of those new cartoon Xbox One custom pics, but I want my old avatar gamer picture back. Its still showing that one when I log into the 360, but how can I get it back on Xbox One?

I am absolutely blown away by how Ryse looks! I wish i can take some goddamn screencaps. Holy shit it looks good! Marius, Soldiers look the absolute same in cutscenes/realtime in the first level. I'm about to compare Nero. wow crytek....

Damn it, checked out a bunch of stores and no luck. I need this right now :(

Walmart, Best Buy, several Gamestops, Target, and a couple of others with nothing for me.

Cloudy

Banned
Was able to exchange mine for the last cancelled preorder they had. Hopefully the new one is okay.

This thing is totally sold out though.

Just a recommendation for those having cable issues:

I ordered 5 from a place that begins with Mono and ends in Price. If you're smart, you can figure out from where. I'm not meaning this as an advertisement of any sort, but they've done the job both on my new PS4 and on my new Xbox One. Why 5? Because at the price they were at, it's worthwhile after shipping to have extras in case something else comes around or a friend needs one.

Whenever I've expected to be adding some sort of input that would need an HDMI cable, I've gone that route. To date, I've *never* had an issue with these cables, or them damaging any components they were connected to. Ones from my local retailers? Not the same luck.

Just a thought for those having issues with cables n' the like.

I am absolutely blown away by how Ryse looks! I wish i can take some goddamn screencaps. Holy shit it looks good! Marius, Soldiers look the absolute same in cutscenes/realtime in the first level. I'm about to compare Nero. wow crytek....

I am surprised there is no screenshot functionality on the XB1?

Hawk269

Just want to add my impressions.:

The system is ultra quiet, even when inserting and it spins up the Blu Ray drive, you can barely here the damn thing. My PS4 is way louder when accessing the drive in comparison.

Set up was pretty easy, but a lot to go over due to Kinect and if you are running a cable/satellite box into it. I thought that they did an outstanding job at making all those help videos. It explained a lot of stuff that I did not know about. Overall it is pretty slick system and the UI is really good, but definitely needs some tweaks here and there.

Is there any way to see the battery level of the controller? That is another thing that I love about it though, battery life on the rechargeable battery pack is pretty good. Been playing since around 1030am and have not had to plug it in once yet, not that I know how low it is getting since I cannot figure that out! lol

So far, Forza and Ryse are the top 2 games for me. Ryse is pretty damn good, regardless of the reviews. I took the advice of another person on Gaf and started the game on the hardest difficulty available and it has been a lot of fun. Very challenging, but when you time the combo's and the executions it is so rewarding. Visually, it is simply outstanding and some of the vista's are just gorgeous. Cannot wait to get to playing ti some more.

RotBot

Ah, fuck. My Xbox One fan is loud as hell. Definitely a defect with the bearings. Anyone know how fast Amazon could replace it?

gaming_noob

Not able to find an Xbox One in the Markham/Scarborough area in Ontario, Canada. Does anyone know where one may be available in the GTA?

Top Bottom