• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

sangreal

When you uninstall a game does the game still stay there?

it stays pinned, but in the "my games and apps" screen it goes all the way to the end with a cloud icon; prompts you to redownload it if you try to run it

I uninstalled Killer Instinct to test (since it's a small download)

jbug617

Banned
Can some of you guys with One say if the avatar integration is the same like on 360? I saw they have "avatar" in menu but when you click on friends, you see dull (in my opinion) page about their activity but not their avatars. It seems like they will get rid of it in the future...

Yea the only thing I saw about avatars is some button you can press on the menu that I guess takes you to it and I saw you can still customize avatars in the options menu. Thats about it. I personally hated avatars so I'm glad they aren't overbearing here I prefer gamer pic.

Did anyone's day one controller not work wirelessly? When you first start the console it has that controller icon telling you to press the home button. I put the batteries in but the day one controller won't respond at all. What's weird is the controller works fine wired but doesn't work wirelessly. I tried resynching but no lights come on the controller. They should be synced out of the box though anyway right?

I thought I was putting the batteries in the wrong way or something but I wasn't. I tried the same batteries on the extra controller I got with the console and it worked fine wirelessly with this one. I only had to synch it with the console as it was separate.

sangreal

Can some of you guys with One say if the avatar integration is the same like on 360? I saw they have "avatar" in menu but when you click on friends, you see dull (in my opinion) page about their activity but not their avatars. It seems like they will get rid of it in the future...

it's identical to 360 and my guess is they'll dump it once the Kinect Sports scanning system is finished

Did anyone's day one controller not work wirelessly? When you first start the console it has that controller icon telling you to press the home button. I put the batteries in but the day one controller won't respond at all. What's weird is the controller works fine wired but doesn't work wirelessly. I tried resynching but no lights come on the controller. They should be synced out of the box though anyway right?

I thought I was putting the batteries in the wrong way or something but I wasn't. I tried the same batteries on the extra controller I got with the console and it worked fine wirelessly with this one. I only had to synch it with the console as it was separate.

yes, it should already be synched. I don't have that problem but I did get a 2nd controller that came busted (posted earlier in the thread about it). sucks. Your post also reminded me how awful the battery compartment is. It looks like both batteries go the same direction but they don't

Kai Ozu

Okay got all 3 systems now. Love KI, great music! The Xbox one UI is ass and the kinect has no idea what I am saying 60% of the time. Is there a way to turn the system completely off and not have to unplug it?

it stays pinned, but in the "my games and apps" screen it goes all the way to the end with a cloud icon; prompts you to redownload it if you try to run it

I uninstalled Killer Instinct to test (since it's a small download)

Do you mind posting a pic of it uninstalled. One pic of the games and apps section with KI uninstalled and then click KI and see what options are available.

has anyone figured out party chat? every time my buddy and i try using it, it doesn't work.

You join a party, then have to join party chat.

With Kinect taking over if you don't have a headset plugged in, I guess some people might not want to automatically join voice chat. I'd like it to be an option though. If I join a party I want to be in voice chat.

LowerLevel

lol walmart

F6Lp8QK.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKcr5vkOxNs

Damn song popped in my head after seeing your post...

New002

Haven't checked in here all day. Been too busy playing. I am completely and utterly in love with this system so far. All around wowed.

Kinect works flawlessly. This thing just feels next level.

And it's so quiet! After being on for 9 hours straight, I still can't hear it.

I haven't spent as many hours with the system as you but so far my initial impressions are the same. I'm totally loving it and am very impressed with the Kinect and UI.

RyudBoy

Fucking UPS claimed that they attempted to deliver my Xbox already but I was here the whole fucking time. No knock on the door, no SMS text or anything. Dog didn't even bark all day. I was sitting here playing SSF4 when these fuckers said that they arrived almost an hour ago!

4a4u.jpg

And WTF? They usually just knock on the door and leave whatever the fuck I ordered right there.

Fucking so mad right now. No I won't be OK!

Oozer3993

My Xbox One can't turn my TV on, and my TV doesn't recognize the Xbox as an HDMI-CEC device. HDMI-CEC on both the PS3 and PS4 worked perfectly with my TV so this is a bit odd. Anyone encounter this or maybe know what's going on?

Special C

So suspend is not working for me. I'm playing AC4 and I use the Xbox off command. When I Xbox on AC loads up from the main menu not where I left off.

My Xbox One can't turn my TV on, and my TV doesn't recognize the Xbox as an HDMI-CEC device. HDMI-CEC on both the PS3 and PS4 worked perfectly with my TV so this is a bit odd. Anyone encounter this or maybe know what's going on?

It doesn't work using the Kinect IR blaster?

So day one with my xbox has pretty much been 95% KI, I played like 5 races in Forza..then went back to KI. Really pleased with how the game turned out, don't care if there's only 6 characters at launch.

Does anyone know why the "Xbox On" command wouldn't work? I have it setup right (I think) and if I push the power button it's clearly on standby.

unwritt3n

Banned
Does anyone know if there is a good review of the console settings etc. Really looking at an in-depth look on the video/sound/blu-ray settings.

Does it bitstream over HDMI? (DTS Master-HD, Dolby TrueHD.)
Blu-Ray play-back, OSD..
Video settings, reference levels/resolution/white/black levels..

How in depth are all these?
Also what sound format are games in? Dolby Digital and/or DTS?

quickwhips

I thought Skype was integrated into X1? So its Separate and hard to do Skype calls with x1 users. :( Other than that pretty awesome. Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct are so much fun.

Prologue

Yeah isn't it supposed to come through at least in stereo though?

So the stereo/hdmi issue wasn't just a rumor then? Is it something that can be fixed through an update or is this a permanent like the wii u?

Also there were rumors that cable looks works through the xbox one, is that true?

ban

Neo Member
You have to turn it on. There's a video on youtube, can't link it as I'm on my phone. Someone help out and post the video please.

you mean turn on party chat? we do that but then it'll say can't connect to party chat or something similar. i assumed we were just having typical launch day xbl issues

So day one with my xbox has pretty much been 95% KI, I played like 5 races in Forza..then went back to KI. Really pleased with how the game turned out, don't care if there's only 6 characters at launch.

Does anyone know why the "Xbox On" command wouldn't work? I have it setup right (I think) and if I push the power button it's clearly on standby.

It doesn't need to be on standby but I noticed sometimes it doesn't work unless I get close to the Kinect sensor and say it loudly and slowly

Cloudy

Banned
Fucking UPS claimed that they attempted to deliver my Xbox already but I was here the whole fucking time. No knock on the door, no SMS text or anything. Dog didn't even bark all day. I was sitting here playing SSF4 when these fuckers said that they arrived almost an hour ago!

4a4u.jpg

And WTF? They usually just knock on the door and leave whatever the fuck I ordered right there.

Fucking so mad right now. No I won't be OK!

Just call and see if you can pick it up tonight or tomorrow at their depot

There's definitely issues with the HDMI pass through. When I run my PC through it sits on a single fame and never updates. However, if I play a video file, everything works. The video runs, I can mouse around on the TV. As soon as I close the video, it freezes on the frame of the window about to close and doesn't refresh. As soon as I start another video file, it works again. Really strange.

Edit: so long as the video file is open, even if paused, the pass through works. Close it, no refreshing of screens.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Did anybody try FIght Sticks on retails Xbox One yet? We know they worked on the demo stations.

EDIT: 360 sticks, I mean.

The first thing I did was install Forza. I figured that would take a while so I switched to watching TV. A few minutes later I got a notification pop up during the show that told me the game could be started. This thing is slick.

Top Bottom