• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Colbert

Banned
When you snap tv, is it restricted to a small box on the left? Can you make it bigger, or is full screen the only option?

The snap window is not resizable. It is only that tiny TV Box or you have to go full screen.

+++++

Snap window is cool but they really forgot enabling an important application to be snapped: Messages. I don't know why they did not implement this. It would be much more convenient if you could read incoming messaged in the snap window while playing a game or watching tv / bluray.

Alcander

God I know I have said this but I absolutely love switching between apps via voice. This thing is going to be so cool to show off at gatherings, especially football parties haha

Victrix

*beard*
Found the volume problem - if you enter a party, in-game audio gets severely dampened, even if you don't have a mic hooked up.

Anyone know a fix for this? I can't find anything in the settings menu, and hitting either options button in party chat does nothing, nor are there any volume settings in-game or in the party menu that affect it.

edit: Oh for fucks sake

"The volume of the two snapped activities, however, is a 50/50 split, meaning you'll hear a little bit of your game, and a little bit of whatever else is playing. You can't opt to just listen to one thing. A Microsoft representative who demo-ed the system for me said this was “on the to-do list.”"

OmahaG8

Shitty phone first impressions from a guy who buys too much stuff (aka owns a ps4)

Holy shit the box is heavy and huge. Kinect is enormous. Cables are thick and stupid. System is much larger than I anticipated. It's ridiculous and yet I love it. Controller is weird in a good way. Triggers are firm but soft? Amazing. Boot screen needs ripples because I keep thinking the system is locked - wtf boot times.

Day one edition happy to report drive seems healthy. System seems quiet thus far.

Digging it.

The Lamp

This is like the first time some people are seeing framerates above 30 fps, it's adorable :lol

Some guy in my chemistry lab was telling me

"Dude, my friend got an Xbox One last night. I was playing Battlefield and Call of Duty. OMG! Everything just like....looks so much smoother....moves so much more fluid than before....feels really smooth and the controller was just tighter and more sensitive. Everything looked sharper"

It made me realize how many of these poor trapped console gamers are used to sub-HD resolution and screen-tearing and sub-30fps framerates. How amazing it must be for them to experience games at PC quality now lol

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
did you sync your Xbox to control your TV, like volume and power? It's an option in settings.

I did. My Xbox can turn my TV on. I mean, I want to turn my TV off automatically when my Xbox powers itself off. I don't want to say "Xbox turn TV off" and then turn the Xbox off.

Lebron

Disk based game? It is downloading the update for it before installing. If you first put in Forza it will download a 6gb day one update. DR3 is something like 650mb etc.

Yeah, disc based. That's stupid they don't tell you what they're downloading. Thought my stuff was broken.

harSon

Banned
Kinect is scary good right now. My Xbox One was turned on, but I guess I hadn't looked in the direction of the camera, and as I swiveled/rotated towards the television where my camera is... it logged me in. Caught me off guard.

System itself is great. but integrating it with Live TV into my HTPC setup has been painful thus far. my HTPC seems to have resolution and/or handshake issues where every time i come back from standby media center is showing the show in a smaller window. closing media center and re-launching it while watching liveTV through xbox solves it...and my Harmony is having a small fit over what device is in control, loses track of everything if i let the xbox itself turn on/off the TV and AVR. That said, the xbox controls those components FLAWLESSLY thus far, which was suprising. setup is very hodge podge.

Might end up having to abandon the LiveTV until it matures a bit with remotes. thus far not wife approved. she just scowled as i was working on it.

It is either that or go back to cableco DVR.

sangreal

wow; I just got a chance to try Forza. I'm not the biggest Forza fan, the last one I bought was 2 or 3 but damn. That intro, those impulse triggers (wish they had real force feedback though), the visuals. Everything seems fantastic so far

I tried and failed to notice the 2d crowds

I suddenly want a Xbone just for DR3 and KI =[ Are the Just Dance games any fun solo ? I never had a kinect for 360... Can't find xbone for sale online anymore, too lazy to go to walmart 1 mile away.

HOLY SHIT at some of the gameclips from Ryse on the SMARTGLASS app. The game is just ahead of everything else visually.

Ps: Damn the w8 touch keyboard! I couldn't get it to non capitalize the word SMARTGLASS XD

jond76

Banned
I got the Xbox to shut everything down, but could not turn it back on with "Xbox on". I got it checked in the settings... Weird

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Once you have set up your TV stuff. Go to settings > TV & OneGuide > Power Settings and then you will see a box for turn off TV which you need to check.

Perfect. Thank you.

There is just so much this machine does. It's incredible.

Lima

Yeah, disc based. That's stupid they don't tell you what they're downloading. Thought my stuff was broken.

It does tell you. When you put in the disc and click on it to start installing it will say that there is an update for the game.

Perfect. Thank you.

There is just so much this machine does. It's incredible.
I'm really enjoying it. Little things like turning the TV on and off and quality voice control might not make for the most amazing gaming machine, but they just make for a nice experience. The games aren't bad either!

Lebron

It does tell you. When you put in the disc and click on it to start installing it will say that there is an update for the game.

Ah, must have missed that. It just was stuck at 0% Installing for me. But whatever, it's making progress now.

Ranger35

Neo Member
I am loving this console a lot! But I can't seem to find anybody with a mic, even though there is an included headset. I'd love to play coop with people (who talk lol) in Dead Rising 3 and Ryse. Other than that it works great, some growing pains with kinect understanding me but that seems normal.

Anyway, if you want to play coop just at me GT: N7 Ranger35

Has anyone else had a problem with Xbox One and their AV receiver? Mine works fine through the TV directly but through my Pioneer receiver I can only get audio, no video.

Also does anyone know a way to remove a receiver in the device settings?

It doesn't show progress anywhere. I'm at a family member's house with shitty internet and would prefer to know if it's going to take 30 minutes or 300 to download the update.

sangreal

Has anyone else had a problem with Xbox One and their AV receiver? Mine works fine through the TV directly but through my Pioneer receiver I can only get audio, no video.

geeze, you're having a rough time. thought it was video but no audio? what pioneer receiver are you using? my cheap-ass vsx-1020k is working fine

I got the Xbox to shut everything down, but could not turn it back on with "Xbox on". I got it checked in the settings... Weird
Make sure you are on quick resume or whatever it's called. Also, it really depends on how you say it. Some people have reported leaving a second or so gap between Xbox and On. I find it works if I say it nearly all as one word, or with a very short gap.

I don't know if Kinect listens differently, so to speak, to different people. But I couldn't get it to work at all at first. After I finally got it, it's worked every time since. Once you get it, you'll know what it expects and it will work well.

Lima

Also does anyone know a way to remove a receiver in the device settings?

I assume you switched cables already? Did you check if there is an update for the receiver?

geeze, you're having a rough time. thought it was video but no audio? what pioneer receiver are you using? my cheap-ass vsx-1020k is working fine
I have a VSX-1022 which appears to be the one receiver not on the Xbox's list of device settings. I picked the 1023 in settings and the Xbox can control it fine, just won't pass video through it. It did for a while then after I restarted it was fucked again.

Top Bottom