• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Sordid

My 'mushy' right bumper seems worse today and the analogue sticks don't click in very well compared to the controller I bought separately, think I'm going to have to ask MS for a replacement :( hopefully they'll send me another Day One controller to replace it with.

Anion

They definitely did, all the FUD was bullshit. Doubt CBOAT will ever show his face again. Haven't been this impressed by a system at launch in a long time.

I have to agree with the FUD about the controller. This controller is a masterpiece. You can tell that the controller was made for gamers.
The rumors on how bad the UI though may have been true for an old build, but microsoft cleaned it up. (Although I can tell some things are missing lol)

The_D

Neo Member
This may have been asked/answered in this thread, and I missed it, but I can't for the life of me get the Dolby Digital to work on my DirecTV box. I activated the "Surround Sound (BETA)" option, and when I go back to the TV app, I get no sound or picture. I even tried to disable Dolby Digital in the box settings, and it then let me use the Surround Sound (BETA) setting, but as soon as I turned Dolby Digital back on with the DirecTV box, picture and sound disappeared. Any ideas?

Anyone? I messed with it for another hour last night, trying everything I can think of, and nothing.
I got a black screen with no sound when I first enabled it, but I did something like-pause-rewind-play and it came back on & has worked perfectly ever since. I would try turning the power off and on (with the remote which just turns the video output off/on) or even restarting the receiver and see if that does anything. I have an HR21-700, FWIW. The only thing that doesn't work are the 3D channels.

I have to agree with the FUD about the controller. This controller is a masterpiece. You can tell that the controller was made for gamers.
The rumors on how bad the UI though may have been true for an old build, but microsoft cleaned it up. (Although I can tell some things are missing lol)

Yeah the controller is fantastic, there is some touch ups that need to be done but nothing as bad as it seem on here which is blown up big time lol

They definitely did, all the FUD was bullshit. Doubt CBOAT will ever show his face again. Haven't been this impressed by a system at launch in a long time.

Posted in the Corrinne Yu thread.

It's like leaving a sinking ship. ;-)
htsi works on saomany levsls

And my reply:

Oh, come on. You're not even trying to be subtle any more. And honestly, if this is how you feel, if you do indeed work for Microsoft, I'm not sure why you haven't just quit.

It'd probably be less phased by this if a lot of the FUD passed around before the Xbox One launch didn't actually eventuate. The ass storm never rolled in.

It's just ridiculous at this point. You'd think he's been passed over for a raise or a promotion at this point and is just out for vengeance. I was that unhappy in my last job and I just grew a pair and quit.

Chitown B

Are completed 360 cheevo games put in a category like 360 dashboard or are they simply listed along with your other games? Thanks

I don't think there is a list of completed 360 games. I wish there was.

On 360, your X1 achieves are all lumped into one GS number under Achievements, and you can't view them.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
):

1 mgiht thinks o

Microsoft's developers seem to have put some serious overtime into the thing. It has some issues, but nothing I have experienced so far is beyond what is to be expected from a new console. The Wii U was far worse. Party chat seems to be some sort of a mess, but so far nothing really crashed.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Ryse is seriously impressive visually. Just wish the gameplay was even remotely decent to warrant purchase @ $60.

The gameplay is fine, I am enjoying it. My only real beef with the game is that the campaign is way too short.

KaYotiX

Banned
Can I just say I love the clips feature, watching people's clips is great and the quality is so good it's like having the game run natively on your system. Once they add live broadcast it's going to be amazing.

Agree, I also love uploading my vids from skydive and showing my friends that don't have xbox One's

Painting, tuning cars in FORZA 5 last night with the Mizzou Football game snapped in at the same time was one of those magical moments that told me I'm going to love this console forever.

Evo_Nine

Banned
I bought too many games at launch (ryse, forza, fifa and battlefield 4)

They are all so good and I cant neglect either one for too long.

Maybe its not such a good thing to have so many games at launch, my next task is trying to get in good with the mrs after neglecting her for 2 days straight

I'm now worried about Halo 5.

If you liked Halo 4 you have nothing to worry about. 343 is beyond capable of creating something that looks gorgeous, and fits into the guidelines of what an FPS should be in this day.

If you didn't like Halo 4 and prefer games like Halo CE, or Halo 2...then you should be worried.

KaYotiX

Banned
I bought too many games at launch (ryse, forza, fifa and battlefield 4)

They are all so good and I cant neglect either one for too long.

Maybe its not such a good thing to have so many games at launch, my next task is trying to get in good with the mrs after neglecting her for 2 days straight

I'm in the same boat, I got NFS, Forza, bf4,DR3,NBA2K14, Madden, KI and Powerstar Golf.

Having a blast with all of them..... Its amazing. I need more hours in the day

So I haven't got my Xbox yet, but I bought some digital games. I has a US Xbox money card and used it to buy Killer Instinct. I had to change my region to USA. I recently changed it back and bought Canadian content.

Will I have access to the Killer Instinct that I bought when I changed my region to USA?

im started to question the build quality of the controllers. playing killer instinct has caused the seem on the bottom part of the right handle to separate some. Just enough that if I tap on it, I can hear the two halves hit each other. Where as if I tap on the left handle there is no noise because the two halves are clamped together perfectly.

Also, the right stick doesn't click in cleanly. There 2 thinner clicks before the final main click. On the left stick there is one clean click.

sith ewok

So, how does the reputation system work? If you cannot review/avoid anyone that you play online with, it seems like your reputation isn't actively affected by other players... Is it solely based on things like disconnects?

Seems so weird that you can't access a list of people you recently played with/against.

Hindle

Banned
I'd say CBOAT is a former QA tester for MS. I wouldn't be suprised if he got fired or replaced. It would explain his recent bias.

Hindle

Banned
If you liked Halo 4 you have nothing to worry about. 343 is beyond capable of creating something that looks gorgeous, and fits into the guidelines of what an FPS should be in this day.

If you didn't like Halo 4 and prefer games like Halo CE, or Halo 2...then you should be worried.

I'm not sure about that. I think the next Halo will be a return to the more open ended design of previous games.

PG2G

Anybody try DLNA on Xbox One? None of my devices see the One but they see the Xbox 360 and my Smart TV...

Is this coming in a future update or is it supposed to work now?

Flunkie

Banned
I really hate that this system is crippled in specs (in my opinion), because it really does do a lot of cool stuff. I can't get over the resolution/performance thing for games though because that's what I'm doing mostly on my games console. I can't see myself using the cool TV features enough to warrant the downgrade in graphic quality. I do, however, still want one for the exclusive games. Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, and Quantum Break are all very lucrative. Will probably get one next year after (hopefully) a price drop.

Microsoft needs to shed some light on the release dates for Tier 2 countries, soon.

Would be great if I can't get my hands on a XB1 before I leave for India.

I really hate that this system is crippled in specs (in my opinion), because it really does do a lot of cool stuff. I can't get over the resolution/performance thing for games though because that's what I'm doing mostly on my games console. I can't see myself using the cool TV features enough to warrant the downgrade in graphic quality. I do, however, still want one for the exclusives.

It would have been great if both had the same GPU, I think that's where the main performance difference comes and not the RAM

Bsigg12

Is there any way to see how many people are online in each game? Or was that in the prerelease UI only that the one guy who got his system from Target had.

Ugh, I want to finish off some 360 stuff before I buy the Xbox One.

I realized today how my proportion of gaming to other multimedia features has shifted so significantly in recent years. This system is perfect for me. This system really feels next-gen to me because of the UI advances.

I am almost thinking I should have picked up NFS instead of Forza. I just fail at the game, and it may be too real for my tastes.
I picked up both and I can already tell I'll be spending a lot more time in NFS, even with all its flaws. It's just much more raw fun. Honestly I don't even know if I'll be able to go back to Forza.

Top Bottom