• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

I wonder why Sports Rivals wasn't a launch game..

It was originally but then they moved it to make sure it got the time needed. I assume perhaps they felt that with 9 first party games they could afford to lose one.

We still got Kinect Sports Rivals Preseason although i've not actually played it yet.

Lima

Can you disable your profile activity for when you watch TV? I would rather everyone, or friends, not know when I am watching TV. What games I am playing is good though, so I don't want to turn off activities completely.

Yes you can.

Go to system settings, then on the left under your profile the third point should be something like privacy & online safety settings (something like this I translated this myself since my console is set to German atm).

Choose custom under privacy settings and there you can set a bunch of stuff including TV.

Prezhulio

anyone have instructions how to get "play to" streaming working?

there's two xboxOS devies on my device settings, but other than that i can't add a device to my computer? the play to box is marked in the system settings so that's good to go.

windows 8 btw.

edit: nm, figured it out, seems like i needed to install the xbox video app on the xbone first.

Lima

There is no way it will stay that way. I think it's because they didn't have time, MS is not that ghetto when it comes to UI lol. There are various issues that need to be addressed and hopefully asap. Game library needs to be separate compared to apps and needs organization options. Also you cant see where your local saves are.

But that is how it is right now. A clusterfuck.

Sure it will probably not stay that way but I have to question the sanity of the person who thought this would be acceptable in the first place.

PG2G

anyone have instructions how to get "play to" streaming working?

there's two xboxOS devies on my device settings, but other than that i can't add a device to my computer? the play to box is marked in the system settings so that's good to go.

windows 8 btw.

So the Xbox One actually shows up in your devices? I haven't even gotten that far lol.

jakeumms

Can I still use Kinect voice commands even if I don't have 4.6 feet of space?

I was worried about this as I use the Xbox in my bedroom gaming set up. I am right on the line, with my chair about 4 and a half feet from the Kinect, but it has worked without issue for me. When you first set up the Kinect, it shows you an image of what it is seeing and I did not look too close by any stretch. It appears to have an extremely wide angle lens as there was plenty of headroom around me on the set up image. Also, I sometimes use the voice commands from my desk, which is even closer than 4 and a half feet, and they have again worked without issue.

Has anyone played Ghost on XB1 and does it have any frame rate issues?

I've played about an hour of the campaign and about 2 hours of the multiplayer and didn't notice any framerate issues. Everything was very smooth at the usual CoD 60 fps. I wasn't scrutinizing but I didn't notice any tearing or slowdown.

I'm glad users have started to mention build quality in regards to the new controllers. While I think it is absolutely an improvement over the 360 controller from a design standpoint, the new ones feel less solidly made. I've had my hands on 3 different controllers -- the extra controller I bought a week before launch, the day one controller included with my system and the replacement I got for my first extra controller.

The first one I bought had an uneven seam on the left handle grip. The top piece seamed to be a few millimeters longer than it was supposed to be. The right hand grip was smooth while the left felt jagged at the seam. Thinking this was an isolated incident, I returned it to the store and got a replacement. The replacement has the same issue, this time on both hand grips. In addition to this, the left thumbstick makes a noise when I move it around. The noise sounds like either a spring or a loose piece of thin plastic under the stick. Also, when I pull up on both thumbsticks, they pop up and become unseated in their holes. Finally, my day one controller works fine but has the same uneven seam on the left hand grip.

Hopefully, MS was just crunched for time in getting all of these controllers out for launch and the build quality or at least the assembly will improve over time. For now, I am just going to hope these controllers continue to work and replace my dodgy extra controller once the initial stock has sold through.

Mononoke

Banned
Color me surprised, but I'm in love with Ryse. Love the story, the graphics, and the game mechanics. I agree that it's repetitive, and I wish there was more variety to enemies + the moves you can do. But to me, this is no different than 99% of the FPS games I play -- and it's much more fun killing people as a gladiator.

Granted, I'm only a couples hours in. And I know the game is really short. So maybe if this was a $30 game it could be more worth it. But because I needed some variety at launch, I have to say this was worth it for me. Really good stuff. I'm surprised as hell I liked it so much.

R3TRODYCE

Color me surprised, but I'm in love with Ryse. Love the story, the graphics, and the game mechanics. I agree that it's repetitive, and I wish there was more variety to enemies + the moves you can do. But to me, this is no different than 99% of the FPS games I play -- and it's much more fun killing people as a gladiator.

Granted, I'm only a couples hours in. And I know the game is really short. So maybe if this was a $30 game it could be more worth it. But because I needed some variety at launch, I have to say this was worth it for me. Really good stuff. I'm surprised as hell I liked it so much.

So far it's my favorite next gen game lol..

Dukey

Banned
I dont find Ryse to be any more repetitive than God of War. The difference for me is that God of War's main weapons are so much cooler than those of Ryse.

Is it possible to gift Xbox one games/content to other gamer tags?

Nope, and after the FIFA hacks, I can kinda see why they dont allow it.

derFeef

If anyone is still interested, I am selling my Fifa 14 game codes (Fifa Pack code, Fifa 14 game code) for 25 paypal dollars :)

PM if interested.

Having a good time with Ryse myself, the fighting could use a bit more to it but can be fun.

Got a day one controller that is not sealed on right side properly, it comes up a bit. Dare I try and replace it though :p

my xbox keeps losing tv signal, is that happening to anyone else..i've double checked that the hdmi cords are plugged in properly and it still loses signal from my cable box after an hour or so of watching

zou

so either there was an app/system update last night or using kinect it actually remembers you position. yesterday I was using the controller to navigate and it would always gotta back to the first episode. Today, using kinect it would actually select the next episode. though it might just have something to do with episode length and at which point you navigate back.

though I have to say, I'm starting to hate having to confirm it with yes every single time. Especially when using kinect it slows things down quite a bit with the added delay after each command. the apps also need a next episode command.

anyway, even with all of these issues I actually enjoy it over the 360 for one simple reason: I don't have to wait for the controller to turn back on.

Ecto311

Any tips for the kinect placement? Should it be high up or level with the players? Is there constraints on where it can be vs the original kinect do they interfere with each other?

Vestal

About 4 hours in playing Ryse and having a lot of fun

part of me thinks reviewers in general were either holding it up to ridiculous standards or simply dragged e3 misconceptions to this review.

I suggest to anyone who tries it though to do it on highest difficulty.

I have not had to change the batteries yet in my controller, which is totally nuts, since I only left the house for like a half hour to get some food yesterday.

Bgamer90

Banned
FYI, a little tip--

If you want to see your recent notifications while you're inside a game, hit the home button and then move up with the left stick or d-pad 2 times and hit "A". That will show you a streamlined interface for your notifications.

FYI, a little tip--

If you want to see your recent notifications while you're inside a game, hit the home button and then move up with the left stick or d-pad 2 times and hit "A". That will show you a streamlined interface for your notifications.

Alternatively, "Xbox Show Notifications" will also work via kinect.

FuturusX

It was originally but then they moved it to make sure it got the time needed. I assume perhaps they felt that with 9 first party games they could afford to lose one.

We still got Kinect Sports Rivals Preseason although i've not actually played it yet.

I can see that reasoning. I just felt like Kinect 2 should really have a had a big strong game that showed off its benefits. I assumed Sports Rivals was shipping at launch.

It's ironic in some sense. The reason to get X1 and Kinect 2 is for the non gaming elements it seems. I always felt the oringal Kinect was a better fit for non gaming activity. Kinect 2 looks to be continuing that trend....

Bgamer90

Banned
I can see that reasoning. I just felt like Kinect 2 should really have a had a big strong game that showed off its benefits. I assumed Sports Rivals was shipping at launch.

It's ironic in some sense. The reason to get X1 and Kinect 2 is for the non gaming elements it seems. I always felt the oringal Kinect was a better fit for non gaming activity. Kinect 2 looks to be continuing that trend....

Yeah Rivals was a launch game. It got delayed though. I'm about to try out the wave racing now.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
is there a way to pin your friends list or friends feed to the side? (not UI pin)

Loiselle

Good lord! Is there seriously no voice messaging???? A feature that's been around since the inception of Xbox Live on the original Xbox, is now missing????? You've GOT to be kidding me. Seriously! Please, someone tell me I'm missing this and its right in front of me. I understand they said no cross-console voice messaging, I get that. But no voice messages on the same console???

Hawk269

I want Ryse, but I don't think its worth $60. Is it worth it? Prefer digital.

I think it is great. I am not the best gamer, but playing on the hardest difficulty made the game a lot better for me. Real rewarding having to be a bit smarter in how you play instead of it being a button masher. You really have to time the blocks and your offense to survive on the hardest setting (there is one higher, but it is locked).

sith ewok

So,

What exactly was the "ass storm" supposed to be?

That Twitch streaming wasn't there day 1?

I assume this is the reason that Bish told CBOAT not to post what he "knew." It probably had to do with glitches that had been fixed in the final firmware.

Is there a way to setup a local account without linking it to an email address for a child?

If there is, I couldn't figure it out. Wanted to do the same for my daughter, but looks like you need an e-mail address regardless.

Entrecôte;91170581 said:
Having a good time with Ryse myself, the fighting could use a bit more to it but can be fun.

Got a day one controller that is not sealed on right side properly, it comes up a bit. Dare I try and replace it though :p

I'm enjoying it too. I only got it because I couldn't find a copy of DR3. Its a pretty simple game, but building a big multiplier and getting perfect blocks and hits is pretty addictive, so is trying to get double executions. Focus mode is fun as hell too. I'd say its a solid 7/10.

There's a solid base for a sequel here. I'd love to see more weapons and some loot.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone is still interested, I am selling my Fifa 14 game codes (Fifa Pack code, Fifa 14 game code) for 25 paypal dollars :)

PM if interested.

awww i would so give you the money, but i dont have anymore money :( would you trade for gold and a gamertag :)
i know this is not the place to say it.

Xenon

If there is, I couldn't figure it out. Wanted to do the same for my daughter, but looks like you need an e-mail address regardless.

That's Bullshit. I have been in a loop trying to create an account. I just found out they won't let me create a child account without a credit card... FU MS, I just got all my cards out of your system.

Bsigg12

I'm enjoying it too. I only got it because I couldn't find a copy of DR3. Its a pretty simple game, but building a big multiplier and getting perfect blocks and hits is pretty addictive, so is trying to get double executions. Focus mode is fun as hell too. I'd say its a solid 7/10.

There's a solid base for a sequel here. I'd love to see more weapons and some loot.

If the rumor that the next one is Ryse: Knights of England is true, then I will promptly buy this to support the cause for a sequel. Given a proper final XDK and final hardware, a new game that isn't coming from a 360 title could be quite the looker and have a longer campaign.

Top Bottom