• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

FuturusX

Ryse is way more fun than it has any right to be. That and Mario have made my weekend. :)

:)

I haven't played Ryse...skipping X1 for now, Microsoft has broken my streak of getting every console at launch for the at least the last four generations. (Thanks Don!)

(I own a Jaguar and an N-gage - that's how bad they done fucked up)

But Mario is so glorious it's scary.

Sh0k

For people keeping their XBOX 360, I linked the XBOX ONE to the gamertag I used with the 360 and moved the 360 to my kids room. Can both XBOX ONE and XBOX 360 be connected at the same time using the same gamertag without conflict?

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
For people keeping their XBOX 360, I linked the XBOX ONE to the gamertag I used with the 360 and moved the 360 to my kids room. Can both XBOX ONE and XBOX 360 be connected at the same time using the same gamertag without conflict?

yes you can :) that's what i like about it :)

derFeef

the controller has some kind of low power mode that I think helps.

It's ridiculous, I am using the same set of eneloops for almost 3 days now - playing lot's of KI, DR3 and some Forza. No idea how the real state is since the indicator is missing (cmon MS) - but I am impressed with how long it lasts.

ChrisV

Am I the only one that's hoping for a Facebook app? I feel like that would be perfect for snapping. Or even a Twitter app. Just always have one of them running on the side. It would be awesome.

Am I the only one that's hoping for a Facebook app? I feel like that would be perfect for snapping. Or even a Twitter app. Just always have one of them running on the side. It would be awesome.

I am sure those will come. no reason not to. they exist on all other MS platforms.

Lima

It's ridiculous, I am using the same set of eneloops for almost 3 days now - playing lot's of KI, DR3 and some Forza. No idea how the real state is since the indicator is missing (cmon MS) - but I am impressed with how long it lasts.

Huh? Eneloops on the 360 controller last almost a full week. Why would this be different on the One?

malfcn

Since USB doesn't work had to watch some stuff on the 360.

Couple of things:
Weeeeeeird using that dashboard again.
The Xbox One power supply is louder than the 360.
After we were finished watching I turned off the console and the sound level never changed. Yes, the instant-on power supply has the fan running during standby that is louder than an Xbox 360 running. How is that possible?

Also, I disabled Kinect sign-in because I don't want to walk into the room and have fiancee playing Just Dance and have that added to my GT. I know it is silly, but I just don't want it on there.

Bsigg12

I can already see a trend forming. Bought Ryse because it's so easy to do so digitally.

That shit is scary right?

"I want a new game (checks store) fuuuuuuu there's game x and I won't have to wait on amazon or drive to a store and I can just say Xbox Go To game x and it starts..."

Lima

After we were finished watching I turned off the console and the sound level never changed. Yes, the instant-on power supply has the fan running during standby that is louder than an Xbox 360 running. How is that possible?

You have a faulty PSU. I talked to MS support because mine is the same and they said that it is not normal, you shouldn't hear the fan at all.

Get it exchanged.

Xamdou

Since USB doesn't work had to watch some stuff on the 360.

Couple of things:
Weeeeeeird using that dashboard again.

Also, I disabled Kinect sign-in because I don't want to walk into the room and have fiancee playing Just Dance and have that added to my GT. I know it is silly, but I just don't want it on there.

The X1 power supply is fukin loud, no wonder they didn't go for an internal power supply.

malfcn

My triggers make a lot of noise when i trow Pila in Ryse, it sounds like a driller and it is really strange at touch, is this normal?
Also first post, hi everyone :D

Same for me, I thought the trigger was going to explode with vibration when I was throwing the Pila in formation.

You have a faulty PSU. I talked to MS support because mine is the same and they said that it is not normal, you shouldn't hear the fan at all.

Get it exchanged.

The X1 power supply is fukin loud, no wonder they didn't go for an internal power supply.

Aww. And It was funny because fiancee walked into the living room today and was like, "I can hear something running. Do you hear a small fan or noise?"
It is am Amazon Day One edition. At this point I don't mind if they replace it with a none Day One. But I don't want to wait for an exchange. And I am not sure how further warranty would be handled by credit cad if another unit is bad. I guess I could buy another console, and then return the Day One.

derFeef

Huh? Eneloops on the 360 controller last almost a full week. Why would this be different on the One?
I guess I can't really compare since I did not have such long gaming sessions since forever on the 360. Then I hope it lasts that long too!

I assume this is the reason that Bish told CBOAT not to post what he "knew." It probably had to do with glitches that had been fixed in the final firmware.

This *really* got under my skin. So much doom and gloom based on an "in progress" set of software. It's no wonder companies try so hard to NOT show pre-release stuff to people not under NDA since there is no context there. Beta testers know that things are likely to improve in the final version.

It's even worse when the leaker goes out of his/her way to raise concern for these things that aren't working as if to be some kind of warning? I don't care if something didn't work 2 months ago. If it works when I buy it, I'm happy. Did he think he was doing us a favor? Seriously. What's the point of "hey this doesn't work.. you'll see how broken it is when it's done.. just you watch.."? The only possible explanation would be an ultimate: "I told you so!" I don't see it serving any other purpose.

The kinect sees when you put the controller down. It activates the controller's low power mode a few minutes after you put it down.

that's really cool. but it's not evident, because the light on the controller stays on, right? is there another mode when the whole thing shuts off completely (when the light finally goes out)?

malfcn

Okay, the people saying the PSU is silent. Do you have the console in instant-on or power-saving. Because that makes a big difference.
I can also hear what I assume is the HDD spinning, *tiny clicks* when the console is in standby/off.

sith ewok

I would call and get it replaced. It should be silent. If I put my ear next to mine while the system is on, I can hardly hear it. Same for the system itself. This is one of the quietest pieces of tech I have ever owned. One of my favorite things about the system.

Edit: I have it set to instant on.

About 4 hours in playing Ryse and having a lot of fun

part of me thinks reviewers in general were either holding it up to ridiculous standards or simply dragged e3 misconceptions to this review.

I suggest to anyone who tries it though to do it on highest difficulty.

I don't get it. How can the difference of opinion be so different between the general gamer and the reviewers? I'm still on the fence here.. Do people really think this is worth picking up?

Xamdou

Damn so much hassle just get a replacement power brick, I would rather return the whole damn thing at bestbuy and ask for a replacement.

Lima

Okay, the people saying the PSU is silent. Do you have the console in instant-on or power-saving. Because that makes a big difference.
I can also hear what I assume is the HDD spinning, *tiny clicks* when the console is in standby/off.

Dude MS support said that you shouldn't be able to hear the fan of the PSU at all. How much more info do you need? Get it replaced.

Damn so much hassle just get a replacement power brick, I would rather return the whole damn thing at bestbuy and ask for a replacement.

Then do that once they have the system in stock?

Xamdou

Dude MS support said that you shouldn't be able to hear the fan of the PSU at all. How much more info do you need? Get it replaced.

Then do that once they have the system in stock?

I have the day one edition, I highly doubt they would have that in stock anytime soon. Is MS tech support still open?

malfcn

I will get to it this week then. Not a major hurry.
And I would take a Day One or not. The controller looks great either way and I already got that achievo. Plus, a puke green box will sit on the closet anyways.

Is shipping free on console replacements? In the past and above from another user, they ask you to pay shipping for things like controllers.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
For anyone with Gamefly or any other rental service, how's the availability for Xbox One games right now?

Ryse - Low
Dead Rising 3 - Low
Forza 5 - Available Now
Assassin's Creed - Low
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Low
Battlefield 4 - Low
Need for Speed: Rivals - Available Now
NBA 2K14 - Low
NBA Live 14 - Low
Madden NFL 25 - Available Now
FIFA 14 - Low
Fighter Within - Low
Just Dance - Low
Angry Birds - Low(wtf)
Zumba Fitness - Low

They don't seem to have Zoo Tycoon at all, which sucks.

Lima

I have the day one edition, I highly doubt they would have that in stock anytime soon. Is MS tech support still open?

I told them that I will keep my Day One controller and they can fuck off if they think I'm sending that back.

I'm just gonna put the controller from the replacement system in the box that I will ship back to them.

They didn't really think this trough at MS when doing the Day One branding stuff.

Hawk269

I just noticed that the controller has an IR transmitter in it, it's like the DS4 lightbar bit only visible to Kinect. Very cool.

The other benefit, it does not suck the life out of the battery. The one thing I dislike of the DS4, battery life is really bad.

Xamdou

I told them that I will keep my Day One controller and they can fuck off if they think I'm sending that back.

I'm just gonna put the controller from the replacement system in the box that I will ship back to them.

They didn't really think this trough at MS when doing the Day One branding stuff.

Ok so I turned on my Xbox one, and the fan is loud on it as well... Definitely not quiet. I then went to my power brick and that fan is loud too.

StUnNeR H2K

Anyone have trouble with the controller range? I can't walk 10 ft away from my box without the controller having issues staying connected. Box is in the same place as my 360 and it stretched through the entire house... I already swapped my controller for a different one and it didn't solve the issue, so most likely the device in the console that connects with the controllers.

Lima

Anyone have trouble with the controller range? I can't walk 10 ft away from my box without the controller having issues staying connected. Box is in the same place as my 360 and it stretched through the entire house... I already swapped my controller for a different one and it didn't solve the issue, so most likely the device in the console that connects with the controllers.

Yeah the range is a lot smaller than the 360.

But that is because the wireless transmission is at a higher rate compared to the 360 and it instantly disconnects the controller once it can not keep pushing that bitrate.

Nori Chan

Finally got to start playing with the xbox one and I tried to install call of duty and at 50% it told me I can start playing but then I got an update and then the install for the game stopped working and now I can't play either the game or install the game either.

So can anyone help me out please?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I just noticed that the controller has an IR transmitter in it, it's like the DS4 lightbar but only visible to Kinect. Very cool.

yeah, it's a smart touch. Dead Rising 3 has it so you push the controller to get zombies off as the kinect tracks the controller instead of it being an actual controller gyro. Works really well, when the kinect can't see the controller it becomes the normal button presses to get them off.

CheezyMac88

I was able to log on both console without any conflicts.

Top Bottom