• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Finally got to start playing with the xbox one and I tried to install call of duty and at 50% it told me I can start playing but then I got an update and then the install for the game stopped working and now I can't play either the game or install the game either.

So can anyone help me out please?
Delete the game and install again. Do not okay it till it's finished installing regardless of what it says.

StUnNeR H2K

Yeah the range is a lot smaller than the 360.

But that is because the wireless transmission is at a higher rate compared to the 360 and it instantly disconnects the controller once it can not keep pushing that bitrate.

Well it should at least be greater than 10 ft. I had to move the console in a different room instead of re-arranging the living room. The controller randomly disconnects occasionally even though I'm sitting about 5 feet from the box. I'm guessing that shouldn't happen.

yeah, it's a smart touch. Dead Rising 3 has it so you push the controller to get zombies off as the kinect tracks the controller instead of it being an actual controller gyro. Works really well, when the kinect can't see the controller it becomes the normal button presses to get them off.

oh THAT'S how that works

and here I thought I knew everything

IJoel

Does anyone know how to stream music? I started using Xbox Music to do so, but it's pestering me about having to do the 15 day trial, and well, I don't want to.

Of course Xbox Rewards doesn't work with Xbox One! God forbid I get $5 from playing all these new Xbox One games... or get 2% back on my purchases (which I will be buying a lot more digital titles... up to $120 now... which isn't much but still, it's $2.40.

Thanks Microsoft... I actually liked how you get a $1 back for playing new games, stupid that Xbox One games don't count.

EDIT: Looks like they got rid of the "Play a new game, get a $1" reward! Haha... thanks Microsoft...

Xamdou

Also is the power supply cord connecting to the power brick suppose to be loose? It doesn't seem like a snug fit like other electronics.

Rhindle

Oh I wasn't specific in my post. I meant streaming from my collection in my PC.
Yeah, I finally got this to work. Here's how:

1. Have a media server running on your PC.
2. Install a UPnP media app on your phone or tablet (Skifta works best for me, but others like BubbleUP work as well).
3. Start Xbox Music on the console.
4. Use the app to select the media server on your PC as the source, and Xbox Music as the render.

You should now be able to browse your music library and play to the console.

GavinGT

Banned
Oh I wasn't specific in my post. I meant streaming from my collection in my PC.

There's no ideal solution at the moment, since DLNA isn't in yet. If it's possible with your setup, you can plug your PC into the HDMI in and just leave it snapped.

2. Install a UPnP media app on your phone or tablet (Skifta works best for me, but others like BubbleUP work as well).
4. Use the app to select the media server on your PC as the source, and Xbox Music as the render.

So you're selecting the songs on your tablet and they're playing in Xbox Music snap mode?

sith ewok

Of course Xbox Rewards doesn't work with Xbox One! God forbid I get $5 from playing all these new Xbox One games... or get 2% back on my purchases (which I will be buying a lot more digital titles... up to $120 now... which isn't much but still, it's $2.40.

Thanks Microsoft... I actually liked how you get a $1 back for playing new games, stupid that Xbox One games don't count.

EDIT: Looks like they got rid of the "Play a new game, get a $1" reward! Haha... thanks Microsoft...

They did say they would be bringing the rewards program over to the One in some capacity, but haven't announced details yet.

Is Xbox Fitness working for anyone? I downloaded it and every time I try to boot it up it loads the initial screen and dies. I do have Gold btw.

Worked fine for me yesterday. Today, I was too sore and lazy to try. ha.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Was playing around earlier and you can also voice search for other stuff like "horror movies" or "movies with bill murray" which will bring up his movies in genres. Then you can say "more comedy movies" to show all his comedies. When you say the name of the movie it will show you the ways you can access it on the XB1. If it's on Netflix just say Netflix and it'll go right to the movie. This will also work for TV shows, you can pick the season and episode with voice search before playing it in Netflix.

They did say they would be bringing the rewards program over to the One in some capacity, but haven't announced details yet.

Worked fine for me yesterday. Today, I was too sore and lazy to try. ha.
Still blows that the easiest way to make money at the launch of the new system, by playing new games, is gone. $1 for each new game would have been a decent return for most of us who are playing a lot of different launch games. Most of us here would have probably earned at least $5 from it as of now. Yet since Microsoft decided to remove that reward, it's gone. Really blows.

Rhindle

There's no ideal solution at the moment, since DLNA isn't in yet. If it's possible with your setup, you can plug your PC into the HDMI in and just leave it snapped.

So you're selecting the songs on your tablet and they're playing in Xbox Music snap mode?
Yup. The XB1 OS has DLNA capability built in; there just is no media browsing app available to pull content from the network; so you need an external app to bridge the gap.

IJoel

Ah! That's rather disappointing that such core functionality isn't available. What's odd is that Xbox Music DOES show my collection, but forces me to a subscription.

I found another way to stream it, and it's selecting the music (track, or folder), and using PlayTo, then selecting xbox music. So far, it seems to work.

MaulerX

You can snap internet explorer and go to pandora.com. It works very well.

If you pin Pandora to your home screen, can you say "Xbox go to Pandora"? I gotta try that when I get time. But even if it doesn't work, just having it pinned is like having a web app. I gotta say, IE works very good with Flash and all. Pinning and creating web apps is a nice plus.

mrdark

Banned
So did I misunderstand that DLNA was working right out of the box or was it just a blatant lie? Who gives a shit about play to? What the hell will I need play to for?

U2NUMB

BF Was running much much better tonight for a couple hours... then a server crapped out at the end of a very long Metro match.

By the way.. 64 player metro is... INSAINE

abracadaver

This really sucks. I was appreciating getting a few dollars back for playing all the new xbox one games.

Lima

So did I misunderstand that DLNA was working right out of the box or was it just a blatant lie? Who gives a shit about play to? What the hell will I need play to for?

It works, you just can't initiate it from the box itself. But who gives a shit when you can't listen to music while playing a game?

mrdark

Banned
It works, you just can't initiate it from the box itself. But who gives a shit when you can't listen to music while playing a game?

Because I have a computer with thousands of different media files that I would like the option to stream. Right now I have my MCE box connected to the HDMI in, but it's all but pointless as I still need to control it myself.

mrdark

Banned

The thing is so half baked that I'm just ready to send it back, wait for a year (or a price drop) and then pick it back up. Maybe if I knew a little more about Sunset Overdrive or at least a general release window for it, Quantum Break, Halo 5, etc. Right now I'm only enjoying KI and I can't justify a 500 dollar purchase for Titanfall without feeling like a giant asshole.

Oozer3993

The Xbox One does not currently support full DLNA. It can only do Play To streaming from a Windows machine.

MaulerX

The Xbox One does not currently support full DLNA. It can only do Play To streaming from a Windows machine.

I read in a review somewhere that they were streaming stuff from an HTC One Android phone. I don't think it's Windows machines only at all.

Edit: While Play to works great with Windows machines (including Windows Phones), Skifta is what you'll need if your on Android or iOS. Apparently it works pretty good and it's free. Read more: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/125228-xbox-one-how-to-stream-content-using-dlna#

malfcn

One thing I had an issue with was the notification to join a match of KI when I had it minimized. If I went back to the game manually the toast never went away.

Klocker

My Windows 8 machine hasn't been able to pick the Xbox One up in the play to options through Win8 apps. 360 works fine. Any suggestions?

I just started xbox music on my win 8 tablet and also on xbox one in snap mode and started playing a song on tablet. when I hit devices/play there was my xbox system-os and it's playing now over Xone

Top Bottom